GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
Haven’t seen this posted yet so for those who are interested.
Thanks to GTSH-Rank for the information.

IMG_5996.jpeg
IMG_5995.jpeg
IMG_5994.jpeg

Ran 3 or 4 race C events this evening, no problems loading so all went ahead, but consistently the quality of driving is pretty poor. I don’t get why folks try and win a 25 minute race in the first corner, nor do I understand the need to exact vengeance at the earliest opportunity and to hell with the collateral damage. All very frustrating and I’m not sure I can be bothered to try again tomorrow - it ceases to be fun at this point. Good luck to those still racing and hope to see you on track next week

Last edited:
Ran 3 or 4 race C events this evening, no problems loading so all went ahead, but consistently the quality of driving is pretty poor. I don’t get why folks try and win a 25 minute race in the first corner, nor do I understand the need to exact vengeance at the earliest opportunity and to hell with the collateral damage. All very frustrating and I’m not sure I can be bothered to try again tomorrow - it ceases to be fun at this point. Good luck to those still racing and hope to see you on track next week
I've lost count of the number of times I've been rammed straight across the Dunlop Chicane this week! There's no advantage to the rammer though, as they get a penalty, and I don't.

I do then have that little worry though about whether I should give back the places that I gained as a result of my forced shortcut 😳🤔

I don’t understand why none of the Sony Worldwide Studios higher-ups are taking issue with PD’s complete lack of communication and community engagement. Everyone remembers the DriveClub debacle, but at least Rushy and the team at Evo engaged with the community.

Whats going on, and when it will be fixed, that’s not a lot to ask for.

Last edited:
Anyone can guess what is wrong with this picture? And also enlighten me why I was put into the same bag as some of them? Was lucky to not end up in a virtual hospital and avoid the mayhem and attempts on my life! Also notice that the main perpetrators finished in the top 3 due to crappy penalty logic...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-01 at 13.43.13 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-01 at 13.43.13 (1).jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-01 at 13.43.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-01 at 13.43.13.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 11
I don’t understand why none of the Sony Worldwide Studios higher-ups are taking issue with PD’s complete lack of communication and community engagement.
Sony handles communication for GT. Are you expecting Sony to take issue with itself?

A bit late, but……

Just to add I did report this to PD on the very first Daily Race C that was available after the patch (8:30am on Patch day), well reported in the feedback group that is.
Shouldn’t this be available to the many and not just the few? A common complaint in these forums is that there is zero customer interaction by PD or Sony regarding this and previous GT products.

Surely this weeks events indicate that this apparent lack of concern needs to be addressed, and in a timely fashion.

Then again, why change the habit of a lifetime….shrug.

A bit late, but……

Shouldn’t this be available to the many and not just the few? A common complaint in these forums is that there is zero customer interaction by PD or Sony regarding this and previous GT products.

Surely this weeks events indicate that this apparent lack of concern needs to be addressed, and in a timely fashion.

Then again, why change the habit of a lifetime….shrug.
Eh, a public service to complain about GT would be absolutely filled to the brim with mouth breathers demanding X car or Y track every update. Anything constructive would be buried under heaps of that.

You only need to look at Kaz's tweet replies. The same like 20 people spam the same things under every tweet. It destroys any semblance of productivity. In a situation like this, I'm fine with a direct line to PD (in regards to Sport Mode) being kept to a few players, especially when those few players actually engage with the mode.

Last edited:
Eh, a public service to complain about GT would be absolutely fille dto the brim with mouth breathers demanding X car or Y track every update. Anything constructive would be buried under heaps of that.

You only need to look at Kaz's tweet replies. The same like 20 people spam the same things under every tweet. It destroys any semblance of productivity. In a situation like this, I'm fine with a direct line to PD (in regards to Sport Mode) is kept to a few players, when those few players actually engage with the mode.
Although it’s pretty irrelevant if they don’t listen to those few players along with all the other players. I really wish they would acknowledge the issue because right now we have no idea if they plan to fix it today or weeks from now when they release the next update.

Although it’s pretty irrelevant if they don’t listen to those few players along with all the other players. I really wish they would acknowledge the issue because right now we have no idea if they plan to fix it today or weeks from now when they release the next update.
Oh I certianly agree with that. I just don't think opening a "complain at PD" public hotline would help anything, especially when they don't listen to existing social media replies and seemingly, their closed feedback groups.

so as of 14:34 UK time I'm sat here for my first race of the day watching a loading spinner. I can hear the lovely bird song, the rumble of my engine and the ambient crowd noise.

Whilst those things are nice, I didn't buy "the real relaxation simulator...."

Edit:

This is beyond a joke now the race finally started.

Attachments

• IMG_9852.jpeg
    IMG_9852.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Sony handles communication for GT. Are you expecting Sony to take issue with itself?
Yes? Sony have a plan to embrace and expand their GAAS portfolio, hence the acquisition of Bungie to further knowledge, the most basic being good GAAS needs good community communication.

Putting aside basic things like roadmaps, that literally no one appears to give a monkeys about an operational issue affecting not just us plebs, but all the well-known streamers, is not conducive to confidence in Sony’s ability to execute on GAAS.

I’m genuinely surprised at the complete and total radio silence.

Good luck with that. This is how Sony has handled every GT game. In fact I'd say for GT7 they've been positively loquacious by the standards of the series to date.

GT is PlayStation's #1 franchise ever, and Sony's comms and PR on the game is not something of which the "higher-ups" are ignorant. It's how it is by design, not by error.

Eh, a public service to complain about GT would be absolutely fille dto the brim with mouth breathers demanding X car or Y track every update. Anything constructive would be buried under heaps of that.

You only need to look at Kaz's tweet replies. The same like 20 people spam the same things under every tweet. It destroys any semblance of productivity. In a situation like this, I'm fine with a direct line to PD (in regards to Sport Mode) is kept to a few players, when those few players actually engage with the mode.
It was just a suggestion. Not sure I needed to be so roundly castigated for daring to suggest an improvement in communications.

It's such a sad thing to see just how far Kaz and PD have drifted from the very first GT game 😔

The dude and his small team literally lived in their small office for 5 years, developing the game! They slept under desks, woke up and worked on it non-stop..

Kaz even hid the physics from Sony in the Mario Kart knock off they forced him to develop instead of GT! That was real dedication to a perfect game! GT2 followed 2 years after and A-Spec was a masterpiece!

GT7 could be the most amazing version yet, if only they listened to the community! Small, subtle changes needed in a few places and it would be perfect!

Unfortunately, the changes make a massive difference when happening together and the attitude of Kaz/ PD nowadays is almost like a wholly different category. Almost like a bunch of snobs.

Will keep playing obviously but knowing what it could be and what it is, I always feel a bit sad about it..

Last edited:
Good luck with that. This is how Sony has handled every GT game. In fact I'd say for GT7 they've been positively loquacious by the standards of the series to date.

GT is PlayStation's #1 franchise ever, and Sony's comms and PR on the game is not something of which the "higher-ups" are ignorant. It's how it is by design, not by error.
That doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out and criticised.

It's how it's always been is not a defence.

But in all honesty and I agree with you.

They don't have to defend anything.

It is just their policy. We can like it or lump it.

Do we all think it is some what disingenuous, yes but they are free to talk or not and I assume they weigh up the brand/community damage each time they don't communicate.

I'd also imagine there is a bit of a cultural nuance/difference as well.

I've noticed if I don't get the quick saving pop up here

On the loading screen then the lobby either loads for those who wait or just times out. It's a really small flash up message in a grey rounded rectangle. It that pops up for half a second the lobby will start as normal.

If I guess it is something to do with cloud storage, and that they have changed who/how or that they broke the mechanism somehow.

Attachments

• IMG_9853.jpeg
    IMG_9853.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 9

And no-one said it shouldn't, or is.

The question was why the "Sony Worldwide Studios higher-ups" aren't stepping in to do something about it. The answer is that they are the ones doing it (and PD is not; Sony's PR team is in charge of it). They're no ignorant of it; it's by design that it's like this and it always has been. They're not going to step in and make it better because... they're the ones doing it, and this is how they want it to be.

And again, GT7 is a considerable improvement on how it has been in the past - but it's still by design.

Back