GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,710 comments
I just find it really strange that no gaming media has picked up on this.

Same with the massive issues Fanatec have at the moment as well.

I know Sim Racing is pretty niche in the scheme of things but considering the size of both companies you'd think it would be news worthy.

I’m usually one that finishes mid pack, but I’m super proud of my performance in this weeks race A which I thinks absolutely brilliant fun

IMG_1268.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 8
They are having serious logistics issues with orders taking a month or more just to ship.

No comms, not responding to email etc

Hmm yep..
When i bought my dd pro a few months back it felt like i could drive down to texas(mid atl here) faster than they could walk the product to the loading dock…almost did! Lol…

As for Dr/Sr: while i refuse to quit a race, cause sportsmanship and stuff.. load screens get about 5min. Subsequently, by some miracle, my Sr is still intact at S while my DR has plunged a full letter.
Don’t know how you guys stand race B. Its just riddled with intentionally cheap shotting knuckleheads. Can’t wait for race C this week.

Reading this thread makes me feel better about my decisions last night.

After watching Tidgney's video (a weekly ritual for me!) and helping to fix dinner for the family, I took some time to set a qualifying lap in my BMW for Race C (not the slowest but still a 1:26.1xx I recall.) Afterwards, Dr. Revengel & I watched Castlevania Nocturne on Netflix.

Hopefully things get sorted quickly but if not I guess I'll do some solo laps and maybe try an old Porshe or Maserati at LeMans this week.

Is it possible there are funding issues I wonder? Like they know what the problem is but as with everything costs have escalated, charges for servers etc
As the funding is done by Sony I hardly think so. I don't think theres a gazilllion people playing either so they don't really need a lot of servers.

They are having serious logistics issues with orders taking a month or more just to ship.

No comms, not responding to email etc
I can't agree with that. Bought DD pro a month ago and received it 3 days later. Sent them email one week before purchase and they responded 2 or 3 days later. Perhaps it depends which part of the world you live in but in Europe I didn't have any issues

Last edited:
I wonder if PD is trying to combine the PS4/PS5 player bases again? Yes, they already did that for FIA races, but I wonder if with this update, they messed with the coding a bit to try to get it to work on a day to day basis, and here we are

I can't agree with that. Bought DD pro a month ago and received it 3 days later. Sent them email one week before purchase and they responded 2 or 3 days later. Perhaps it depends which part of the world you live in but in Europe I didn't have any issues
You must have got lucky.

Its been an issue since the end of August.

I am in the Uk so apart from VAT that needs to be paid to UPS I've been waiting weeks and still don't even have a tracking number.

Their forum and Redit have a lot of people waiting for stuff in stock that was ordered at the beginning of September :(

So this week's race B is basically a Mazda3 Cup, because of its top speed on the straights...
The 458 and 650S don't stand a a chance. Maybe just in qualifying.

I wonder if PD is trying to combine the PS4/PS5 player bases again? Yes, they already did that for FIA races, but I wonder if with this update, they messed with the coding a bit to try to get it to work on a day to day basis, and here we are
At some point (hopefully soon) they will ditch the decade-old PS4 and we will get a much better game. It's like Apple trying to support an iPhone 5 at the same time as the current model.

At some point (hopefully soon) they will ditch the decade-old PS4 and we will get a much better game. It's like Apple trying to support an iPhone 5 at the same time as the current model.
I don't agree with this. Yes, the PS4 may be a decade old but it was on sale until the end of 2022. It may be considered end of life but I would fully expect Sony to support it for up to 3 years past its last sales point. The fact that GT7 came out while PS4 was still on sale means to me they have to continue to support it regardless of base for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
I don't agree with this. Yes, the PS4 may be a decade old but it was on sale until the end of 2022. It may be considered end of life but I would fully expect Sony to support it for up to 3 years past its last sales point. The fact that GT7 came out while PS4 was still on sale means to me they have to continue to support it regardless of base for the foreseeable future.
They've already started to end support for it, with current gen/PS5 only DLC (including games that came out on PS4 in the crossgen period) and now games. First party updates will likely end within a year, with the exception of MLB The Show.

The biggest example I can give of Sony's intentions for the PS4 is Spider-man 2. It's their biggest and most popular IP by far, the first game on PS4 sold over 20 million copies, there is an install base of around 115 million PS4s - and they are passing up those guaranteed sales dollars by only releasing it on PS5. Either they just don't like money or the ancient tech cannot handle current games (and of course they want people to buy PS5s).

Last edited:
"Insiders" are saying that the PS5 Slim and PS5 Pro are in development. Surely, they will muddy the waters even more. :lol:

"Insiders" are saying that the PS5 Slim and PS5 Pro are in development. Surely, they will muddy the waters even more. :lol:
Assuming that these 2 consoles exist, they were already built and ready to mass produce the day PS5 launched. Sony is no doubt, already well into PS6 development by now

Assuming that these 2 consoles exist, they were already built and ready to mass produce the day PS5 launched. Sony is no doubt, already well into PS6 development by now
I don't know if they are fully on to PS6 now but they will be setting out the basic architecture and speaking to the larger studios about what they are going to need/want better etc.

This is such a great watch and really shows that they built and designed the PS5 with developers and players front and centre.

I assumed that when the PS5 came out with only 825 GB of storage, it was so they could later offer us an upgraded one, with something like 1.5 TB, for a couple hundred $ more. :irked:

Did you try the Veyron yet?
Yes and in the Veyron I can barely catch up with my 650S ghost on the straight in the tunnels. Let alone the MAZDA3 ghost taking off.

Veyron QT 1:59.937: BB -3, upshifting at around 6100rpm (mid LED bar)
650S QT 1:59.475: BB +1, upshifting up at around 7900rpm (mid LED bar)

Both doing the "trick" for maximal boost exiting corners: extra low gear turning in corners + upshifting near the apex.
(not in the U turn right before the tunnels though. I'd have to try again but I think I actually lose some milliseconds doing it here)

Last edited:
I assumed that when the PS5 came out with only 825 GB of storage, it was so they could later offer us an upgraded one, with something like 1.5 TB, for a couple hundred $ more. :irked:
It was cost. The cost of large capacity SSD was the limiting factor a unit level.

Naturally as they become more available over time the cost comes down.

The reason that wanted SSD in the first place though was that games devs were wanting a faster render pipeline.

It was cost. The cost of large capacity SSD was the limiting factor a unit level.
Cerny's cited reason was the new IO - and the SSD isn't really an SSD (as in a single item).

Each of the (12) IO channels streams its own individual portion of the SSD, at up to 5.5GB/s uncompressed and 9GB/s compressed, and they determined that it was most efficient if each channel had a certain amount of storage behind it; I think there's three separate chips that make up the "SSD", so I guess that means 275GB per chip and 68.75GB per channel. Cost is likely an additional factor - there could probably have been a multiple of these values, which would have been expensiver - as these custom chips were unlikely to be cheap.

If you want an additional SSDs then at least they are a standard form factor, and sold by multiple manufacturers (breeding competition and lower prices) for purposes beyond just the PS5, rather than a proprietary design...

Yes and in the Veyron I can barely catch up with my 650S ghost on the straight in the tunnels. Let alone the MAZDA3 ghost taking off.

Veyron QT 1:59.937: BB -3, upshifting at around 6100rpm (mid LED bar)
650S QT 1:59.773: BB +1, upshifting up at around 7900rpm (mid LED bar)

Both doing the "trick" for maximal boost exiting corners: extra low gear turning in corners + upshifting near the apex.
(no trick in the U turn right before the tunnels though. I still have to try if I gain any milliseconds doing it)
I agree the Veyron loses out to the Mazda on the uphill but it was not that dramatic in my testing but that could be that I'm not that good with the Mazda. Overall though, our current GTP leaderboard has a mix of cars in it over just the meta.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 10.49.46 AM.jpeg

Perhaps try the Viper if you can handle it?

Now for the Veyron I did tweak the dampers which for me appeared to help turn-in in the twisty stuff but perhaps that is a placebo effect. Feel free to see if this helps..

IMG_7441.jpeg

EDIT: I shared my QT if you want to review it and chase it. Search for tag "normsk" or "gtp38".

Last edited:
If you want an additional SSDs then at least they are a standard form factor, and sold by multiple manufacturers (breeding competition and lower prices) for purposes beyond just the PS5, rather than a proprietary design...
Yes, it was a surprisingly user-friendly decision by Sony. I added a 1TB WD drive to mine, may upgrade it to a 2TB soon as the prices have really dropped.

Cerny's cited reason was the new IO - and the SSD isn't really an SSD (as in a single item).

Each of the (12) IO channels streams its own individual portion of the SSD, at up to 5.5GB/s uncompressed and 9GB/s compressed, and they determined that it was most efficient if each channel had a certain amount of storage behind it; I think there's three separate chips that make up the "SSD".

Agreed.

I took the requirement to be one driven by games developers needing/wanting a bigger IO/Throughput pipeline.

Edit:

Attachments

• IMG_9857.png
    IMG_9857.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I agree the Veyron loses out to the Mazda on the uphill but it was not that dramatic in my testing but that could be that I'm not that good with the Mazda. Overall though, our current GTP leaderboard has a mix of cars in it over just the meta.

View attachment 1292227

Perhaps try the Viper if you can handle it?

Now for the Veyron I did tweak the dampers which for me appeared to help turn-in in the twisty stuff but perhaps that is a placebo effect. Feel free to see if this helps..

View attachment 1292228

EDIT: I shared my QT if you want to review it and chase it. Search for tag "normsk" or "gtp38".
Thanks, with that I improved my Veyron QT by 0.462.... but right after it I also improved my own 650S time by 0.298 (without touching the damping ratios).

Veyron 1:59.542
650S 1:59.475

Tight.

Gotta try the Veyron in an actual race now

Last edited:
Of the many things my brother in law used to do in Silicon Valley, one of them was R&D for Microsoft….and Xbox. When a company launches a new console, and plans on releasing ‘upgraded’ versions of that same generation within that console’s life cycle, they are all 100% built and ready to go come launch day. It’s a money grab. Why give the consumer 3 options right off the bat, when you can sell them one now….and an upgraded version 3 years down the line. Works like a charm, and I’ll be there with my thumb hovering over the “pre order” button, the second PS5 Pro goes live 😂

Last edited:
Game is a joke right now... Was starting P3 and it took around 7 min to actually start! By then, it was just 10 of us and I moved up a place on the grid and held position... Wow, so exciting ⚰️

Attachments

• 18af65b687a63-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
    18af65b687a63-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Game is a joke right now... Was starting P3 and it took around 7 min to actually start! By then, it was just 10 of us and I moved up a place on the grid and held position... Wow, so exciting ⚰️
You had 10.

Edit:

To go back to something I previously mentioned. If I get the brief flash of "saving" just on the track loading screen the lobby will load fine. If I don't have that flash up then the lobby will struggle or fail.

Just comparing a 16 car replay to a 2 car daily race replay and the file size is 6mb for 2 cars and 29mb for 16 cars.

This is to be expected as obviously a lot less telemetry but it does make me think that they have changed the cloud storage backend somehow which is why the saving message is the thing that decides good and struggling lobbies for me.

Attachments

• IMG_9858.jpeg
    IMG_9858.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back