GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,711 comments
Race B is a hoot in the mazda3 gr4, so fast up that hill - 2.00.397 and I’m done for the day. Yeah that freezing on loading, what is up with that, getting abit GT Sporty

So far I'm liking the Hurican in Race B. Very stable. I've only done QT in it so far, but it's WAY more stable than the Mazda3, at least for me. I managed to make a decent (for me) livery for the Mazda3 - it's a pretty homely car (IMO), but I think it looks better now:

Gran Turismo® 7_20231002053800.jpeg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231002053837.jpeg
Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse__1.jpeg
Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse_.jpeg

Yeah, same situation as last week. Nothings changed.
Polyphony’s social media accounts were active all weekend, how difficult is it to at least ACKNOWLEDGE that you are aware of the issue. Right now none of us even know with certainty that they know what is going on because they haven’t responded to anyone.

I suspect they are working on it, but can’t know for sure. And I just would like to know if this is an issue that can be resolved with a quick patch this week or if is more complicated and we have to wait until the next schedule update.

Here's the weekly race guide for those interested. I absolutely love the Civic (Minus the silly rev beep), I think it drives amazing!

Hey friend has Polyphony responded to you to say they are aware of the server issue? 4 out of 5 races won’t start for me and I have to reboot the game

I think the eye-opener with the server situation here is how it shows how niche racing games, even first-party ones, are outside of launch windows nowadays.

If an FPS or a sports game or a MOBA had persistent server troubles for a weekend plus, it'd definitely be at the top of gaming news websites and depending on the game it might even sneak into the proper news. Meanwhile, I don't think there's much of anyone outside of the GT bubble who has noticed anything awry has happened this weekend at all.

Polyphony’s social media accounts were active all weekend, how difficult is it to at least ACKNOWLEDGE that you are aware of the issue. Right now none of us even know with certainty that they know what is going on because they haven’t responded to anyone.

I suspect they are working on it, but can’t know for sure. And I just would like to know if this is an issue that can be resolved with a quick patch this week or if is more complicated and we have to wait until the next schedule update.
I agree 100%.

Hey friend has Polyphony responded to you to say they are aware of the server issue? 4 out of 5 races won’t start for me and I have to reboot the game
They are probably busy making new music rally events and cross over promotions with companies that have nothing to do with GT. You know? Polyphony stuff.

I did exactly one race last week (traveling), the Manu race. And one race this morning. If I had not been reading here about server issues, I would have been none the wiser; both races came off as normal. Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket.

Tried a no-stop on C this morning in the Audi. Can't say I'll do that again, it is rough. Started P5, dropped to P8, lost those three Ps in the last two laps. Two drivers at my pace who pitted caught me on lap 14.

I think the eye-opener with the server situation here is how it shows how niche racing games, even first-party ones, are outside of launch windows nowadays.

If an FPS or a sports game or a MOBA had persistent server troubles for a weekend plus, it'd definitely be at the top of gaming news websites and depending on the game it might even sneak into the proper news. Meanwhile, I don't think there's much of anyone outside of the GT bubble who has noticed anything awry has happened this weekend at all.
It's crazy how Kaz keeps pretending online gaming is cutting edge. Cheap free to play phone games even have a better online experience than GT. What a joke. I've been racing online with a GT6 mod on ps3 and the experience is way better.

They are probably busy making new music rally events and cross over promotions with companies that have nothing to do with GT. You know? Polyphony stuff.
Yeah a tiny bit of transparency and communication would go a long way. I get it, game developers invariably face criticism from frustrated fans, it’s just a fact of life, and sometimes it’s out of their control. So then why not avoid needless frustration when it can be alleviated so easily by a bit more communication?

It's not just to a few though it's a decent group, and that group has reported bugs / issues not even stated anywhere else. I have openly said many times and many people have done this as well if there's an issue feel free to let me know and I'll forward it on but to report an issue there has to be full evidence of it for me to pass it. So replays, VoDs etc. In that group it's a few into 1 who passes it on, although there's a few members of PD in that group. My report was done on the first race, that's all I did, report it that there's a potential issue (As I'd never seen it before) and then it's upto them.

If they just had an open group of 1,000 / 10,000 or millions I'm pretty sure nothing would get clearly reported as even on the facebook group that I'm in (It's a fan page) people shout about a lot of very random things and I suspect it would all just become noise (In my opinion). It's not like they don't visit these forums either (Not sure where else they visit) so they will know a problem quite quickly.

The communication back yes could be better but I'm sure there's a reason behind it.
Thanks for your reply & comments. Appreciate it. 👍

TM reverse is such a strange layout to try and extract a time from, some of it is about the 100% optimal line and then other sections it's about making a line that works for you, such a tricky place. I did manage to make it in to the 1:58.9s just which will help with this weeks DR repair I need!

*Noted mod team 👍

I agree but the only caveat is that some people seem to have not been affected by it. I couldn’t figure out if it was regional or what. That said, all my friends that play this game were dealing with this all weekend. I’m not the kind of person who makes a big deal about losing DR rating, but it sucks even more when your rating is dropping because the game is broken. I knew that if I could just get a couple of races I would start bringing it back up but race after race after race crashed on me.

And, as I usually do, I put in a lot of work during the week mastering this track and usually the payoff is Saturday and Sunday when I get the satisfaction of performing well and seeing how much I’ve improved.

So until we know more im just going to focus on time trials and stuff because who knows if it will be fixed this week or even this month

Last edited:
The article says "GR.2" in the line up of events. Thought you'd might like to know.
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Civic Pride

A new set of Gran Turismo 7’s Daily Races is now available to cover the next seven days, with a little shake up to the track list and a couple of tweaks to the regulations to catch out the unwary this week...

Last edited:
I would call this my highlights from last week but that is a) A lie (I forgot to do anything with the clips I saved in April so shoved them in here, thanks PD for recycling the race) and b) It's more of a documenation of my descent into madness racing against CLK's (These cars aren't compatible with each other on track so the GT500's have to go for huge lunges and hope to escape far enough away to be safe on the straights). I had my fun though...

Polyphony’s social media accounts were active all weekend, how difficult is it to at least ACKNOWLEDGE that you are aware of the issue.
They probably never read the comments, or the social media team is completely separate from the dev team. You can maybe make them hear your complaint by going through PlayStation support, even then, it's not direct. They basically refuse to converse with average players directly.

It's getting really laughable now, 4 races on pole the only 4 I tried and they all sit there on the loading screen now.

Its a really poor state of affairs from PD and I'm sure they know the issue but how bad did they change things to essentially neuter what was already a small part of the fan base.

It's raging inducing to be honest when, to play online you have to carve out dedicated time that usually has a trade off. And yet they don't give a damn I or you are sitting here watching loading screens for this sort of rubbish.

Triple A game, Sony published flagship title that can't even load 16 players in to a lobby.

It's tragic really.

And it could have all been mitigated with a simple "we are changing stuff so it's gonna be ropey for a week or so..." or even "we are very aware of the current problems the team is working on them and we will update you in due course"

Just shocking

Attachments

• IMG_9852.jpeg
    IMG_9852.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 11
They probably never read the comments, or the social media team is completely separate from the dev team. You can maybe make them hear your complaint by going through PlayStation support, even then, it's not direct. They basically refuse to converse with average players directly.
I’m sure that very often the social media team is independent, but you would assume that the developers still pass along information. I mean, how else would they know to post event details or patch announcements etc

I’m sure that very often the social media team is independent, but you would assume that the developers still pass along information. I mean, how else would they know to post event details or patch announcements etc
It might be unidirectional

Well, the NSX definitely doesn't keep up with the new Mazda3 Gr4 car. The 3 pulls away even when I'm drafting.

I tried the first race last night in the Huracan and had the same experience. Sea of Mazda out there.
Btw that race loaded fine.

Today only done one race a bit ago and it hung for about 4 minutes and 13 stayed to race. Counted down past warm up and stayed on the screen shown below.

I did pass a Mazda 3 on the straight and was reeling p2 on the last lap. Tried the Mazda and the driving experience is awful. My car drives like it’s on a cruise in the countryside in comparison.

IMG_6002.jpeg
IMG_6001.jpeg

Think this is one of my favourite races I've had. There's argey bargey but it feels like everyone's making an effort to race rather than run into each other. Just picked up the first win as well, not a bad effort today.

Hello! I've not heard anything back to be honest, more have reported it globally so can only assume they are investigating.

Thanks for your reply & comments. Appreciate it. 👍

No worries at all, as I say always happy to forward on anything in terms of bugs etc. Just need evidence alongside it so I can say this is X here is the evidence (I usually try to replicate it to).

Last edited:
I don't know what I should have expected, I try my hand at the 'Ring and of course I fall victim to the meta of ramming your opponent off at T1 because someone's too much of a chud to accept that covering the inside at Kurzanbindung and Veedol are legitimate strategies. At least someone else had enough of his crap and punted him off at the final corner.

EDIT: I also froze for a second exiting Veedol on the first lap, costing me a chance to pass a couple who collided. Looks like we'll need another update with just stability updates at the end of the month!

Last edited:
Hello! I've not heard anything back to be honest, more have reported it globally so can only assume they are investigating.

No worries at all, as I say always happy to forward on anything in terms of bugs etc. Just need evidence alongside it so I can say this is X here is the evidence (I usually try to replicate it to).
We massively appreciate it Tidgney, but just to assume they are investigating doesn't give me my time back.

Nor does it just tell the gamers where things are at and that's on Sony and PD.

I assume the majority of us work? Some of us will have families or hobbies beyond sim racing.

For such a small audience they can't even issue a statement. It's poor community management. They want the esports licences but don't apparently want to encourage any esports through engagement or any transparency.

Edit: and if the canned really sorry Kaz video gives us a million credits I'm going to scream.

Clearly for online racing we don't race for the credits because there aren't many!!

Last edited:
Back