GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
Been away from the game for a week (had a bit of a family tragedy to deal with - the death of our beloved 14 year old dog) and I still am not really in the mood for games, especially after reading about the server issues, but damn, Trial Mountain in reverse; that might draw me back. I loved TM reverse in the group 3. Not 100% sure on Gr.4 yet but I'm wiling to give it a try.

So pecking order is:
Mazda 3 <- but difficult to drive?
Veyron.
Huracán.
Citreön

Does this one have adjustable suspension or is that only race C?

EDIT: Did not like the Huracán or Citreön. For me, Veyron for the win!

Last edited:
Did a couple of US races last night, one had Youtuber Mani in it - he's pretty quick! Anyway, did the qualifying and was on his stream and chat at the same time. Then the game failed to load:grumpy: himself and many others left but I waited and waited, while on his stream he had managed to join and race in the next B race, while I was still waiting for my B race to load. I gave it 30 minutes and gave up. I think I spent 2 hours just waiting for races to load yesterday - and had one that decided to load after 30 minutes while I was letting the dogs out, resulting in a DQ.

I haven't even tried racing today.

Been away from the game for a week (had a bit of a family tragedy to deal with - the death of our beloved 14 year old dog) and I still am not really in the mood for games, especially after reading about the server issues, but damn, Trial Mountain in reverse; that might draw me back. I loved TM reverse in the group 3. Not 100% sure on Gr.4 yet but I'm wiling to give it a try.

So pecking order is:
Hurican.
Veyron.

Sorry to hear about the dog mate :( I love my choc Labrador like a little sister.

The 650 is good but the Mazdas are like the 155 in that they eat everything up and have top end.

The 650 is good but the Mazdas are like the 155 in that they eat everything up and have top end.
Dang. Anyone got any tips on driving the Good Ship Mazda3?

So pecking order is:
Hurican.
Veyron.
Sorry to hear about your dog - that really sucks. Some people don't understand the amount of heartache that comes when a beloved pet dies, but I certainly do. My heart goes out to you.

I've been trying the Citroen, and I like how it drives, but I don't know how it does in the actual race. There's a couple on the leaderboard, though.

So pecking order is:
Hurican.
Veyron.

Condolences on your loss. Definitely tough to go through.
If you’re interested I can share my non Mazda lap and it might work for you too or Mazda is the meta to beat atm.

We massively appreciate it Tidgney, but just to assume they are investigating doesn't give me my time back.

Nor does it just tell the gamers where things are at and that's on Sony and PD.

I assume the majority of us work? Some of us will have families or hobbies beyond sim racing.

For such a small audience they can't even issue a statement. It's poor community management. They want the esports licences but don't apparently want to encourage any esports through engagement or any transparency.

Edit: and if the canned really sorry Kaz video gives us a million credits I'm going to scream.

Clearly for online racing we don't race for the credits because there aren't many!!
Ye unfortunately that's as far as I can go with the communication, I can report it and that's it (Which is better than what it used to be!). I'm in 100% agreement communication should be better, I would actively love to be apart of the communication if I ever have the chance to, like if they said "Martin, we'd like you to help with communication through X and Y" I'd jump at that opportunity as I am a firm believer of instant communication. I try sometimes to do this through Youtube where I feel it's appropriate (E.g. Dear Gran Turismo video a few years ago when we had no communication) but I can only do so much. I wish I could do more as I always say I do love Gran Turismo and I want it to be the best it can be.

Hello! I've not heard anything back to be honest, more have reported it globally so can only assume they are investigating.

No worries at all, as I say always happy to forward on anything in terms of bugs etc. Just need evidence alongside it so I can say this is X here is the evidence (I usually try to replicate it to).
I watch your videos every week and get a lot of knowledge from them, thank. You

Condolences on your loss. Definitely tough to go through.
If you’re interested I can share my non Mazda lap and it might work for you too or Mazda is the meta to beat atm.
Yes, share your lap please.

I went in and bought the new cars. I'll give the Mazda a go because why not. I gave it a new livery (I'm not very good at these things but I like it) and I call it "honey stinger". Hopefully it'll make me fast and angry like a wasp, but if I crash and burn and I can just drink the honey and not worry :D.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 3.45.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 3.46.13 PM.png

I went in and bought the new cars. I'll give the Mazda a go because why not. I gave it a new livery (I'm not very good at these things but I like it) and I call it "honey stinger". Hopefully it'll make me fast and angry like a wasp, but if I crash and burn and I can just drink the honey and not worry :D.

View attachment 1292068
View attachment 1292069
Love the livery! And as much as I hate to drive this car, it is definitely the fastest I've tried. Right now I'm waiting for my first race to get past the hanging stage. I'm P9 in a room with nothing by A and A+ drivers - would love to get a chance to do this race.

Jumped in and did four Race A's tonight before work schedule takes evenings away until weekend. No server issues luckily. I'm alot more comfortable round GV in the Civic than I am around Suzaka or Nurburgers in the TT's.

Heavy mix of A+ down to C DR as usual. Track limits penalty's are tough, but its fun. My SR hasnt tanked yet, got a couple of clean race bonuses.

If DR was enabled this race would hark back to the glory days of Race A's in GT Sport. But that would be to much like a good thing...

No idea why I didn't get a clean bonus, only contact was actually being shunted from behind turn 1, lap 1 but not actual damage. Either way, Race B seems like it will be fun, albeit a bit short for my liking - 5 or 6 laps would have been better!

As for the Mazda, main difference I found was acceleration and being able to take corners into 3rd or 4th rather than one less each time. Qualy time is only 0.04 quicker than my NSX and 0.07 than my 650 times, so not that much of a difference for my driving style. Need to put in a few more test laps with the same cars and others.

How has your Race B experience been? Oh, the one race I did took 2 minutes to start.... Lol PD! 🚽

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-03 at 00.05.58.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-03 at 00.05.58.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-03 at 00.05.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-03 at 00.05.57.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 8

View attachment 1292068
View attachment 1292069

Done.
Sent you a message.

My race finally started, after something like 15 minutes of waiting. Here was my starting lobby:

1696284944234.png

"One of these things is not like the others."

When the race finally started, I was P5 out of 6. "Buffalo Bill" (P16) was P6.

I clearly need lots of practice on this track with other cars in the mix, because I sucked big time. I would have finished last, but Buffalo Bill lost it in the last lap, and I benefited by taking P5.

And of course I gained 5% DR, which was probably not earned, but last week I lost 3% with a race that never started, so there's nothing to be done about it, except to record it.

1696285286087.png

So pecking order is:
Hurican.
Veyron.

Sorry about the pup. Cherish the memories and they live on for forever. 👍

AND, racing might be a good distraction. Problem is, one of the biggest components of enjoying it is out of your control at the moment, and in perpetuity for all we know. I guess qualifiers are still on the table, though, and I've always had a good time in the F-Type at Trial Mountain. Fun to drive, fast enough to be competitive and good traction out of the tight stuff. Not AWD good, but good.

:cheers:

Hadn't experienced any server issues like you guys had untill just now. Black screen. How long does it usually take before it does start?

PMK
Hadn't experienced any server issues like you guys had untill just now. Black screen. How long does it usually take before it does start?
If you have the black screen, I don't think it will start. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I haven't tried any races yet but I was finding my driving legs again with the Veyron for race B. Got into the mid 1:59.6s. I know I'm losing a chunk (.3s) in the last sector. I'm having some trouble with the group 4 cars in those last turns, but the Veyron with a mild damper tune has been the best for me so far.

Originally I had the Mazda running faster, and probably could still with more seat time in it, but currently my best there is a 1:59.8 and for now I prefer the way the Veyron drives. The Mazda is very peaky in power delivery which is a bit unsettling.

Chasing my Veyron P.B. ghost with the Mazda it will begin to catch up on the uphill climb but in my testing as long as I can be .3s ahead of a Mazda entering the hill I think it can hold them off. The Veyron I believe is more sure footed in the turns though so I home to gain some gap there.

Now if the races would load... What happens to DR and SR with these non loading races?

I have a theory about the connectivity issues. I think the problems are software related, made exponentially worse with the last update. Up until now, I've been assuming the problems are hardware related. Something they should be able to track down and fix easily.

But if the problems are due to the last software update, then that would explain why they aren't fixed by now. You can't just recompile and push out an update. Well, I could, with a small user base, but they can't. They have to go through all sorts of QA testing before pushing out a new release. And yes, I realize that their QA testing dropped the ball with this one, but still, there are procedures they have to follow.

Anyway, not that that helps us any, but it gives me an explanation for why this is taking awhile. Am I right? Who knows? But it's a theory that's at least reasonably possible.

BTW, yes, we had problems before, but my guess, and this is purely a guess coming from a programmer who has made plenty of mistakes in his life - my guess is that they tried to fix the issue in the last update, but made it worse. Been there, done that. Didn't sleep for awhile until it got fixed.

I haven't tried any races yet but I was finding my driving legs again with the Veyron for race B. Got into the mid 1:59.6s. I know I'm losing a chunk (.3s) in the last sector. I'm having some trouble with the group 4 cars in those last turns, but the Veyron with a mild damper tune has been the best for me so far.

Originally I had the Mazda running faster, and probably could still with more seat time in it, but currently my best there is a 1:59.8 and for now I prefer the way the Veyron drives. The Mazda is very peaky in power delivery which is a bit unsettling.

Chasing my Veyron P.B. ghost with the Mazda it will begin to catch up on the uphill climb but in my testing as long as I can be .3s ahead of a Mazda entering the hill I think it can hold them off. The Veyron I believe is more sure footed in the turns though so I home to gain some gap there.

Now if the races would load... What happens to DR and SR with these non loading races?
Well my sportsmanship rating has gone from S to C! I do find this combination attracts contact and rubbing but with less than a third of races actually starting I suspect you may be onto something although DR is still B for me where it mostly is.

I have a theory about the connectivity issues. I think the problems are software related, made exponentially worse with the last update. Up until now, I've been assuming the problems are hardware related. Something they should be able to track down and fix easily.

But if the problems are due to the last software update, then that would explain why they aren't fixed by now. You can't just recompile and push out an update. Well, I could, with a small user base, but they can't. They have to go through all sorts of QA testing before pushing out a new release. And yes, I realize that their QA testing dropped the ball with this one, but still, there are procedures they have to follow.

Anyway, not that that helps us any, but it gives me an explanation for why this is taking awhile. Am I right? Who knows? But it's a theory that's at least reasonably possible.

BTW, yes, we had problems before, but my guess, and this is purely a guess coming from a programmer who has made plenty of mistakes in his life - my guess is that they tried to fix the issue in the last update, but made it worse. Been there, done that. Didn't sleep for awhile until it got fixed.
Wasn’t it a similar issue last update?
also has there been any official word or acknowledgement?

I’m not getting an error code this time it just hangs at the loading screen between warm up and the race. If the GranTurismo logo comes up at that point we’re a go.

That’s 3 none starts in a row now……
is it all servers or Europe again?

Different week... same ****. Quite a while ago I posed the question as to whether GT7 was fast becoming a rather stale with a very limited offering and daily races which are, to be quite frank, rather lacklustre and very repetitive. Recent updates haven't really offered much in terms of redemption and the latest 'server maintenance' only seems to have made things even worse where so many daily race slots just don't even get to the actual race start. Over a week now and still the same which would suggest that my other question... do PD just not care anymore? might be of serious concern.

Different week... same ****. Quite a while ago I posed the question as to whether GT7 was fast becoming a rather stale with a very limited offering and daily races which are, to be quite frank, rather lacklustre and very repetitive. Recent updates haven't really offered much in terms of redemption and the latest 'server maintenance' only seems to have made things even worse where so many daily race slots just don't even get to the actual race start. Over a week now and still the same which would suggest that my other question... do PD just not care anymore? might be of serious concern.
Is it possible there are funding issues I wonder? Like they know what the problem is but as with everything costs have escalated, charges for servers etc

I just waited an hour and ten minutes for a race to start. It just booted me back to the sport mode menu. How hard is it for PD to fix this problem?
Seeing as nobody on here knows what the issue is, we don't know how hard it is for them to fix. At least some people are able to race. They could take it offline until it is fixed.

Latest Posts

Back