GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
Are you fanatec?

If so, i think setting SPR to 50-100(i leave at 100) despite being irrelevant in game, keeps the wheel from freaking out during load in’s.
It is Fanatec 👍
I have it set at 70 I think - usually never an issue and only happened a couple of times. Wheel is usually straight and juddering slightly, but it was about 90 degrees off on the part before the lights go out, so I straightened it (or so I thought) rest of pack probably wondered what I was doing

Really struggling with Grand Valley this week. I thought I had better pace here, but something is off. Running a 1:48.6 which is basically the last guy on the grid who set a time. Tried the AMG, Mazda RX, 911, Genesis, and GT-R... pretty much all the same.

Specifically the "infield" section, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong yet, but I'm losing 1-2 seconds in there. I'm a few tenths off top times at the end of sector 1, then 2 seconds off at sector 2. I started to get it a bit better towards the end of the night, but not nearly enough.

I'm gonna have to study some faster ghosts and see what I can figure out before I race again or it's gonna be a long week running around at the back.

Really struggling with Grand Valley this week. I thought I had better pace here, but something is off. Running a 1:48.6 which is basically the last guy on the grid who set a time. Tried the AMG, Mazda RX, 911, Genesis, and GT-R... pretty much all the same.

Specifically the "infield" section, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong yet, but I'm losing 1-2 seconds in there. I'm a few tenths off top times at the end of sector 1, then 2 seconds off at sector 2. I started to get it a bit better towards the end of the night, but not nearly enough.

I'm gonna have to study some faster ghosts and see what I can figure out before I race again or it's gonna be a long week running around at the back.
Are you using any setups? I can't drive the Genesis or 911 very well, but having good luck in the McLaren - it's still the fiddly middle bit where I lose most time though - Genesis seems really good through there.

Yesterday I was struggling with Monza getting below 1.59, and was pretty happy when I finally got a low 1.58. This thread provided some tips, and now I have a QT at 1.57.6, and optimum at 1.57.3. Thank you!

Now I just need to figure out how to get rid pf some understeer, perhaps the last week tips of setting the brake balance a bit to the rear will work also with the Mazda, will do some experiments.

Monza is really growing on me. The combination of many types of corners, as well as a few high speed straights invites to some real close combat, and I love it when it is more defend/attack type of racing compared to just hot lapping. Also the fact that I have had a bit of real life experience there and seen a few races on site IRL is also an added bonus.

Only one race today, started 7 on the grid, and finished 5. Now 95% DR-B and full SR-S. I'm in no hurry to go to A lobbies, and I think the reduced pressure to perform actually makes me a better driver.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2023-11-28 kl. 20.50.45.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-11-28 kl. 20.50.45.png
    386.2 KB · Views: 9
Yesterday I was struggling with Monza getting below 1.59, and was pretty happy when I finally got a low 1.58. This thread provided some tips, and now I have a QT at 1.57.6, and optimum at 1.57.3. Thank you!

Now I just need to figure out how to get rid pf some understeer, perhaps the last week tips of setting the brake balance a bit to the rear will work also with the Mazda, will do some experiments.

Monza is really growing on me. The combination of many types of corners, as well as a few high speed straights invites to some real close combat, and I love it when it is more defend/attack type of racing compared to just hot lapping. Also the fact that I have had a bit of real life experience there and seen a few races on site IRL is also an added bonus.

Only one race today, started 7 on the grid, and finished 5. Now 95% DR-B and full SR-S. I'm in no hurry to go to A lobbies, and I think the reduced pressure to perform actually makes me a better driver.
My tune I run for the Mazda 3 may help and brake bias at +4 (to the rear).

IMG_7558.jpeg

Caveat: I don't know what I am doing when it comes to tuning and it may be all placebo but this is an evolution of what has worked well for me over the prior tuning races along with updates for the ARB and NF allowed this race.

That said I may see about tweaking the BB to be more forward for harder braking in a straight line so I can brake later (at the expense of stability) to try to avoid being punted at the second Lesmo going forward.

Last edited:
My tune I run for the Mazda 3 may help and brake bias at +4 (to the rear).

View attachment 1307057

Caveat: I don't know what I am doing when it comes to tuning and it may be all placebo but this is an evolution of what has worked well for me over the prior tuning races along with updates for the ARB and NF allowed this race.

That said I may see about tweaking the BB to be more forward for harder braking in a straight line so I can brake later (at the expense of stability) to try to avoid being punted at the second Lesmo going forward.
Wonderful! Thanks! Stolen, and will try add some rear BB.

Anyone got any good go-bys for Race C car settings? Will be using the 911 around GV.
I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but, I had good luck with Praiano's tune for the 911 (All Tracks) historically. Typically start there and then 'flavor to taste.' As it was, the Praiano set-up was a bit twitchy/on-edge for me.

Was hoping to avoid tuning, but then I come here and see comments like the one from @Talon16 above. Now the urge will be too great to resist. Down to 1:48.7xx in the 911 and leaving a lot on the table in stock form. Really striving for something in the 7's here...even if it's 1:47.999. Might take some tuning magic to get there. 🤣

:cheers:

Are you using any setups? I can't drive the Genesis or 911 very well, but having good luck in the McLaren - it's still the fiddly middle bit where I lose most time though - Genesis seems really good through there.
Not yet, but I need to. I also need to work on carrying more momentum and better throttle control, I'm spinning up the rears in the slow corners too much. I had a good tune set up for Fuji, in the Mazda, maybe I'll try that again. I know I can get into the 1:47.xxx range if I can put together a good middle section.

Last week's race C was a great combo for me and has inflated my expectations. This is bringing me back to reality a bit, lol

Where did you get the tune?
From Kie25's latest track guide; it has tunes for the Genesis, GTR, and McLaren.

I tried the Genesis one and GTR one - the Genesis one helped (as mentioned) but the GTR one actually made me slower. So, YMMV.

THat is another thing I don't like about tuning: something that works for person A may not for person B. So not like there is just an end-all-be-all tune you can look up and be good to go... still gotta test it and it could very well have you go the wrong way.

Plus, it doesn't save for you so you have to remember to re-do it before the pre-race quali or the intro screen or you're going with the original!

I just want to drop in and go, dagnammit!

Plus, it doesn't save for you so you have to remember to re-do it before the pre-race quali or the intro screen or you're going with the original!

Well that is PD's typical half-assed approach. If they are going to support tunes, they may as well allow settings to be saved that can be recalled for that particular allowed setting combo. It would aid in this considerably.

Currently, I don't even consider joining a race if there is less than 2 minutes to the start as it takes that long to get all set up...

From Kie25's latest track guide; it has tunes for the Genesis, GTR, and McLaren.

I tried the Genesis one and GTR one - the Genesis one helped (as mentioned) but the GTR one actually made me slower. So, YMMV.

THat is another thing I don't like about tuning: something that works for person A may not for person B. So not like there is just an end-all-be-all tune you can look up and be good to go... still gotta test it and it could very well have you go the wrong way.

Thanks, and agree re tuning. I’ve been using my go to Gr3, the RSR, but maybe I’ll try the Genesis, especially as Kie knows what he’s talking about.

Well that is PD's typical half-assed approach. If they are going to support tunes, they may as well allow settings to be saved that can be recalled for that particular allowed setting combo. It would aid in this considerably.

Currently, I don't even consider joining a race if there is less than 2 minutes to the start as it takes that long to get all set up...
Yeah, "The Real Driving Simulator" has any tuning you've done magically disappear, because, of course, that's how real life works. And also, you can't check your oil before a race either, because, I mean, nobody worries about that before racing, do they?

Thanks, and agree re tuning. I’ve been using my go to Gr3, the RSR, but maybe I’ll try the Genesis, especially as Kie knows what he’s talking about.
Speaking of things I haven't tried...has anyone used the 'Settings Sheets' to any effect? Assuming you can set-up/save one with the changes needed already there. Still sucks to have to set it up each time, but it'd be easier. I'd take a swing now but that TV is occupied...🤬

You as fast as he is? His lap guides are the best, the most detailed, I’ve seen.
Kie knows how to drive around a lap fast. He doesn't know how to do much else.

His tuning knowledge is stolen from other people and passed on as his own. If you watch him make his own, it's him fidlding with random sliders, making the car undriveable, and then moaning until someone passes on one someone who knows what they're doing has made.

I total disaster in my 2 races at Grand Valley. Don't use the Huracan unless you want to simulate driving on ice for half the race. I failed to improve my time and it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

Race 1 has me in P4 so start. I somehow manage to spin in the final chicane on the first lap and get a 1.5 second penalty for hitting the wall backwards while I had no control of the car. I finish P11 after another wall penalty and various off track penalties where I have no idea where they came from.

I switch to the Porsche and set a new time of 1:48.7XX and I don't do much better this race. I get a penalty for running wide in the final chicane. Fine, that one is understandable. I then get dumped on the bridge after my recovery and I am furious at this point. I just turn laps and get up to P8 which I defend for the rest of the race. Until P9 and I go side by side in the "esses" section and I get sent flying into a wall and get massive damage and a 3 second penalty. I eventually limp to P14 in the end. In my frustration I didn't save the repaly so I have no way to see what happend in the race. I do like to look back and see what happens in those situations.

Not a good night and I'll try for better results tomorrow. I was also having huge struggles with the tire grip in the final laps. Yes, I know rhat's the idea with a wear rate that high. But I don't remember sliding around so much in the GTWS race there.

Speaking of things I haven't tried...has anyone used the 'Settings Sheets' to any effect? Assuming you can set-up/save one with the changes needed already there. Still sucks to have to set it up each time, but it'd be easier. I'd take a swing now but that TV is occupied...🤬

Tunes saved as as settings sheet 😂😂😂😂 tested and failed.

IMG_6243.jpeg

So, silly me. I thought I'd try Monza again. My thinking was, since I was probably gonna start P1, if I just stayed in front, everything should be OK. That lasted 17 seconds.

And you won't believe what PD did to me, for the only infraction of allowing myself to be plowed into:

"The Real Driving Simulator", because being warped to another location happens in real life. PD is trying really hard to make me hate this game. And that's saying a lot, because I love this game. Except when I don't. And right now, I really don't.

Holding my own in the Porsche 911 at Grand Valley in B/S lobbies so far. Set a very brief 1:49.3 qualy but I know I can go mid 1:48s without penalty. Will improve that later in the week. I was terrible in the Genesis so gave up on that.

Some great clean racing so far with photo finishes. Started P7 in both races and finished 5th and 6th with multiple lap duels in each race. Love this track, although my weakness is T1 by far. Can't seem to get a good exit, think I'm braking too much.

I realize I should protect the inside on T1, took a bump there

Last edited:
So, silly me. I thought I'd try Monza again. My thinking was, since I was probably gonna start P1, if I just stayed in front, everything should be OK. That lasted 17 seconds.

And you won't believe what PD did to me, for the only infraction of allowing myself to be plowed into:

"The Real Driving Simulator", because being warped to another location happens in real life. PD is trying really hard to make me hate this game. And that's saying a lot, because I love this game. Except when I don't. And right now, I really don't.

Sorry, that completely sucks and it kills your race from the outset. Pretty sure I heard swearing bleed through the video capture.🤬

Not sure about everyone else, but I gladly give-up the inside on entry to keep it on exit in both sets of chicanes at Monza. For me it's easier to leave the door open and invite them in. Then I've got something to work with...chances are high that they're gonna smash passenger-side entering the left. I get the car pointed to counter the impact a bit and (mostly) hold my line. They might get vacation time at the beach which could draw a penalty...depends how the dust settles.😁

OR, and this is crazy, but I've seen it happen...

We get through there side-by-side and race-on. Rare bird indeed, but not extinct.👍

Holding my own in the Porsche 911 at Grand Valley in B/S lobbies so far. Set a very brief 1:49.3 qualy but I know I can go mid 1:48s without penalty. Will improve that later in the week. I was terrible in the Genesis so gave up on that.

Some great clean racing so far with photo finishes. Started P7 in both races and finished 5th and 6th with multiple lap duels in each race. Love this track, although my weakness is T1 by far. Can't seem to get a good exit, think I'm braking too much.

I realize I should protect the inside on T1, took a bump there

Yeah, I tried the Genesis and I was slower than in the RSR.

Are you using a tune on the 911?

Yeah, I tried the Genesis and I was slower than in the RSR.

Are you using a tune on the 911?
Yeah using similar tune to what I normally run on GT-R:
Anti roll 7-9
Damp comp 30-35
Damp Exp 50-50
Natural Freq 3.0-3.0

There's a lot of time to cut from my current QT, but I only had about 20 mins to time trial the GT-R, Porsche and Genesis today. Might give the McLaren and NSX a try

Last edited:
I smashed my 911 lap at GVH by switching to the GTR with the Kei25 tune. Got to a 1.48.1x. I know there is another .3 in me as a lap earlier I was on track for a 1.47.8 ish when I got all wobbly in the last chicane.

I did two races in Europe with a slower QT(1:49.2). First was with the 911 which went something like 10th to 8th. That race was won by two GTRs. That’s when I switched.

The second race, with a faster 1:48.7 QT had me in 4th and it was looking good until 5th pit maneuvered me in the first tunnel. After spinning, hitting the inside wall and ending up pointing backwards, PD decided that I should have the 3s penalty for the indignity of being a victim. :mad:

In the end I recovered up to 11th I think after being last but the field was only 14 drivers being early morning on the euro server.

Now I’m lapping in the 1:48s I feel I might now stand a chance against lower DRAs wish me luck.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back