GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
Now that I am getting along with the Genesis, got my quali lap down to 46.5 on my EMEA account and still a 46.6 on my #1 US account. Did four races between them yesterday (a pair on each) and finished in P2, P2, P1, P2. I will take that all day. I do love this combo and now that I am confident I can keep the Genesis pointed in the right direction, it's reinvigorated the combo for me (although, I did much prefer it when the Ford GT 18 was META and the time went from dusk into night during the race).

The win was pretty exciting, starting behind a ~75k A+ player who had a 45.8 quali time. I was able to keep in his mirrors until he got a 1.0S pen. I got passed him then he was on my bumper for another couple of laps. He then pits on lap six and I am on my own. Come lap eight, I pit... no tires. Of course I wasn't sure what he did and I was really hoping he had gotten held up in traffic. As I come out of the pits, I go into T1 just barely in front of him by ~.500". He gets a great run coming out of T1 and by the hairpin we are almost bumper to bumper so I defend. He got such a great run out of T1 I was worried that he got new tires and I was done for.

Side-by-side through the hairpin where he goes a bit wide, gets dirty tires, and I was able to hold a .500-1.000s lead until the end. I did find out after he did take new tires, so I guess having half-worn dirty tires are about the same as almost red tires.

a490cfdec858c2dfa118e150ff45bdf7_photo.webp

I total disaster in my 2 races at Grand Valley. Don't use the Huracan unless you want to simulate driving on ice for half the race. I failed to improve my time and it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

Race 1 has me in P4 so start. I somehow manage to spin in the final chicane on the first lap and get a 1.5 second penalty for hitting the wall backwards while I had no control of the car. I finish P11 after another wall penalty and various off track penalties where I have no idea where they came from.

I switch to the Porsche and set a new time of 1:48.7XX and I don't do much better this race. I get a penalty for running wide in the final chicane. Fine, that one is understandable. I then get dumped on the bridge after my recovery and I am furious at this point. I just turn laps and get up to P8 which I defend for the rest of the race. Until P9 and I go side by side in the "esses" section and I get sent flying into a wall and get massive damage and a 3 second penalty. I eventually limp to P14 in the end. In my frustration I didn't save the repaly so I have no way to see what happend in the race. I do like to look back and see what happens in those situations.

Not a good night and I'll try for better results tomorrow. I was also having huge struggles with the tire grip in the final laps. Yes, I know rhat's the idea with a wear rate that high. But I don't remember sliding around so much in the GTWS race there.
Might I recommend the McLaren. It's really good at GV, and really good on tires. Also, if you're starting mid-pack it may be worth pitting at the end of lap one to get away from the craziness. Good luck!

Last edited:
I've been using the McLaren at Grand Valley, with a setup from Wind (I think) and I've managed my best time with it. But I've also tried the McLaren with the settings for the Genesis - and my times are almost the same. I gain in the middle twisty bit with Genesis settings, and lose a bit in the tightest turns.

It was similar last week with the Ferrari 458 on Race C - I tried vastly different setups and the overall time was very similar.

Has anybody got suggestions for a Corvette around Grand Valley? Used to love driving it in GT Sport, but in GT7 I spend more time going sideways with it ☹️

I've been using the McLaren at Grand Valley, with a setup from Wind (I think) and I've managed my best time with it. But I've also tried the McLaren with the settings for the Genesis - and my times are almost the same. I gain in the middle twisty bit with Genesis settings, and lose a bit in the tightest turns.

It was similar last week with the Ferrari 458 on Race C - I tried vastly different setups and the overall time was very similar.

Has anybody got suggestions for a Corvette around Grand Valley? Used to love driving it in GT Sport, but in GT7 I spend more time going sideways with it ☹️
Don’t know of any settings for the Corvette but I watched one climb past me on my friends list last night 😉

I have seen them do well in gtws but Supra has always been strong in gtws on GV too. So 🤷🏻‍♂️ how good it will get on with C this time.

Race B and the Mazda is fun for a few times but it's really losing its appeal now.

I appreciate I grinded out a top 600 time so did loads of miles in the Veyron and the Mazda and that will factor in to it but the races there are getting so samey. At least if there was a mix of cars you'd at least visually benefit from choice and variety.

I do wish they would sort the bop out for gr4 its getting a bit silly now that only 6 are vaguely competitive and if anything has a long straight then the Mazda or Veyron are the only cars to use.

The first 55 seconds of this race is EXACTLY WHY I LOVE this game, especially Sport Mode!

OMG what fun, I cannot even control myself! Can't wait for more of the same in GT8, GT9 and maybe, if we are lucky, GT10 too! Yippee!!!

It's truly shocking how people can't brake in traffic or how their only race craft is to send it.

That's and stating the obvious how you can tell the people who are new to racing and probably cars at any sort of pace.

The best overtakes are the ones where you exit so much better and cruise by. It shows you know the lines, the power and what a fast line is.

I dunno maybe all these guys are bikers and just stop it on the apex and expect to power it out 🤷‍♂️

It's truly shocking how people can't brake in traffic or how their only race craft is to send it.

That's and stating the obvious how you can tell the people who are new to racing and probably cars at any sort of pace.

The best overtakes are the ones where you exit so much better and cruise by. It shows you know the lines, the power and what a fast line is.

I dunno maybe all these guys are bikers and just stop it on the apex and expect to power it out 🤷‍♂️
The lack of karma is too amazing in sport mode! I slow down before T1 to avoid an obvious screw up from cars ahead since the pack funnelled into the chicane. My reward, damage all over after getting slammed. I slow down again to let those I inadvertently made contact with after being hit and then make space when someone on my right tries to create a new lane between myself and the grass, only to get hit and spun again on purpose before T3. LOVE THIS GAME!

Last edited:
Maybe I’ll try the GTR. Can’t drive the Genesis fast. Too much understeer followed by too much oversteer!

I hear you re the driving standards in this game. I’ve found GVH to be surprisingly clean this week, though.

I just got a PS5 and am really enjoying the latest version of ACC on it. A custom race with the AI is mega. Much better than dealing with a typical GT7 lobby!

Last edited:
The first 55 seconds of this race is EXACTLY WHY I LOVE this game, especially Sport Mode!

OMG what fun, I cannot even control myself! Can't wait for more of the same in GT8, GT9 and maybe, if we are lucky, GT10 too! Yippee!!!

Ooh, me too, me too! Let me play!

This one from Monday. You got to love how 9th just comes barreling in on the radar and goes straight through me. I must have ghosted to them (they looked ghosted to me) and we drive on top of each other for a bit (four cars trying to occupy the space for one). Then in Lesmo, look at the radar again, which results in my demise..

Last edited:
Anyone using the controller find that their lap times have dropped off significantly relative to others on their list? I've tried a billion tunes on the Genesis X and I am still last on my list(mid 1:49's), 1 second from the next closest time. I'm usually hover in the upper half of my friends list.

Is it just some magic tune that I don't know about?

Anyone using the controller find that their lap times have dropped off significantly relative to others on their list? I've tried a billion tunes on the Genesis X and I am still last on my list(mid 1:49's), 1 second from the next closest time. I'm usually hover in the upper half of my friends list.

I can't help with a tune, but I was absolutely hopeless around Grand Valley on a controller - I could never get the braking correct or consistent in the middle section.

Finally got the middle section of GVH sorted out last night and it drastically improved my lap times. Ran the 911 with some basic setup tweaks to help a little with rotation/turn in and weight transfer stability; got it down to a 1:47.4 (1.2 seconds better than Monday night). Exit of the last chicane is my next point of emphasis.

Haven't gotten to race since then, hopefully later this week I can try again now with a pace more inline with the lobbies I'm in. Maybe I won't just be a moving traffic cone now :)

Not you being on a controller but the way the physics work now, it's really really highlighting earlier braking and coasting more than ever before.

Try it, slower in single smooth throttle out and your times will tumble.

I posted about it a page or so back in how I reproached my driving and it has massively helped (I use a wheel and pedals though)

Not you being on a controller but the way the physics work now, it's really really highlighting earlier braking and coasting more than ever before.

Try it, slower in single smooth throttle out and your times will tumble.
I agree that I am faster with this approach now; in QT at least!

The downside is that a lot of other players have not figured this out yet. I've been getting punted in the rear for slowing sooner than they expect (or perhaps they are just hopeless?) but the end result is that in race it can often be detrimental to brake earlier. At least if you have someone on your tail, you need eyes in the back of your head and a certain level of Jedi knowledge to determine when and where to brake. Will they punt me, will they not?

Last edited:
Only one race at Monza today, and my new shiny QT of 1.57.6 had me started on 6 place on the grid. No warmup or anything, so I was pretty cold and slow during first lap - got passed cleanly by P7 at the primo variante, we went side by side in the chicane with no touch, and then drag raced to second chicane. He had the better line, and also here we went side by side, no touch. I was smiling as he passed me.

Second lap another guy slowly passes me on the way to first chicane. Again, side by side action, no touch. I chase him for another lap, finally I make the move and try to recover my position in the second chicane on the last lap, get a bit off track, and get half a second penalty. That cost me two more positions. I finish 10, but still very happy after the 7.5 best minutes of my otherwise pretty ****** day.

Coming up from the basement my wife asked me what the hell I'm smiling for. I tried to explain, but after a minute or two she faded away.

I'm not tone death, I hear what everyone says this week about Monza, and I get it - I've seen the videos, but either I'm lucky or I just have less exposure to the gangsters.

Finally got the middle section of GVH sorted out last night and it drastically improved my lap times. Ran the 911 with some basic setup tweaks to help a little with rotation/turn in and weight transfer stability; got it down to a 1:47.4 (1.2 seconds better than Monday night). Exit of the last chicane is my next point of emphasis.

Haven't gotten to race since then, hopefully later this week I can try again now with a pace more inline with the lobbies I'm in. Maybe I won't just be a moving traffic cone now :)
Nice time! Do you mind sharing the tweeks/setup?

Last edited:
Only one race at Monza today, and my new shiny QT of 1.57.6 had me started on 6 place on the grid. No warmup or anything, so I was pretty cold and slow during first lap - got passed cleanly by P7 at the primo variante, we went side by side in the chicane with no touch, and then drag raced to second chicane. He had the better line, and also here we went side by side, no touch. I was smiling as he passed me.

Second lap another guy slowly passes me on the way to first chicane. Again, side by side action, no touch. I chase him for another lap, finally I make the move and try to recover my position in the second chicane on the last lap, get a bit off track, and get half a second penalty. That cost me two more positions. I finish 10, but still very happy after the 7.5 best minutes of my otherwise pretty ****** day.

Coming up from the basement my wife asked me what the hell I'm smiling for. I tried to explain, but after a minute or two she faded away.

I'm not tone death, I hear what everyone says this week about Monza, and I get it - I've seen the videos, but either I'm lucky or I just have less exposure to the gangsters.
I think you are right and largely the racing is good.

We do look at it through different lenses though as the spread of my fields is a lot tighter than yours.

My QT being a 1:56:6 and that puts me 4th with only a few tenths separating to top 10.

What that translates in to is overall faster races which means the margins get much much smaller so the issues/contact/space given or not given "feels" and does to a degree have a much bigger impact. A .5 pen with a much more spread field allows you to hold or just lose a position on 2.

In a tighter lobby it's the difference between my pole position and ending up 11th because everyone is that much closer and consistent.

Everyone's mileage varies on these things but there is a level of relativity to consider I think but maybe I am just a moaner :) 🍺

No, my pace is still relative to others/my own pace on wheel. No changes for me.

I think you are right and largely the racing is good.

We do look at it through different lenses though as the spread of my fields is a lot tighter than yours.

My QT being a 1:56:6 and that puts me 4th with only a few tenths separating to top 10.

What that translates in to is overall faster races which means the margins get much much smaller so the issues/contact/space given or not given "feels" and does to a degree have a much bigger impact. A .5 pen with a much more spread field allows you to hold or just lose a position on 2.

In a tighter lobby it's the difference between my pole position and ending up 11th because everyone is that much closer and consistent.

Everyone's mileage varies on these things but there is a level of relativity to consider I think but maybe I am just a moaner :) 🍺
Great perspective, and I agree - in the mid B lobbies where I am the separations are typically 1-2 seconds on top ten. That indeed gives a lot more space, and much less friction naturally.

That's also why I'm not too keen on getting into A. I just know it would lead to me quitting, being a self critic of monstrous proportions.

Nice tine! Do you mind sharing the tweeks/setup?
Sure! It was pretty minor but increase compression damping in the front (+5, I think) and increase rear anti-roll bar stiffness (+2, I think). Brake Bias +5 (all the way rear). I run TCS 1 on this car, if it matters for you.

I could probably mess with it more and get more out of it, but they were targeted changes in order to address specific issues I was having (as others have said before, more "season to taste" than anything). It feels better so I have more confidence to chuck it in and power out.

YMMV, as always :)

@Tidgney - If you ever get a chance, ask someone who might know the answer to this: Why have they take the best track, BY FAR, out of Sport rotation? I mean Nürburgring Nordschleife, of course. They had this track once, back in July of 2022, and it was one of the first weeks I started racing Sport mode. I thought "man, it doesn't get any better than this." And that was true - in fact, it hasn't come close.

Instead, we get disasters like Monza at least 7 times.

Unless you are talking about this week specifically, I've been OK since the last update. Fared pretty well last week, actually. With one exception, Deputy Fishbreath ( @Dep Fishtail j/k...😁). If it weren't for THEM, I'd have been at the top of my list...I don't have many friends.🤣

:cheers:

Pretty good day at Grand Valley. Started with a pair of races on the #1 account. Got my quali lap down to a 46.27 which is kinda odd as the lap didn't feel like anything special. I got to the end of sector 2 and hit a 1:09.0 and that's the first I realized it was going to b a good one (typically, a 1:09.2 would have potential). New time is 124th in the world, but still over a full second away from P1!

Started the first race in P2 and got a win! Pretty stoked about getting a win on the A+ account. Went into a second race, started on pole but ended up P3 as there were a pair of GTRs that were quicker, especially as the race went on as their tire wear is better than the Genesis. Still a fun race with some good battles.

3c573575191f60a6c4030d1514b78c13_photo.webp

Gran Turismo® 7_20231129144929.jpg

Then onto the EMEA side. Quali time there is a 46.5. Go into the first race and....... ughhhh, one of these things is no like the other. What am I doing in this lobby?

Gran Turismo® 7_20231129153107.jpg

Ended up finishing P4 (as the Norwegian dropped off before the race). Had a couple runs at the Czech driver but couldn't make it happen. The next lobby was even more stacked. I started P6 and finished P5 by a whopping .004"! This Saudi was fast as * as he started towards the back, put in a 46.0 lap during the race, and had a 4 second pen (which was undeserved as there was chaos and ping pong effect at the last chicane), and came this close to finishing in front of me despite all that. Had the race been another inch longer he'd have gotten it, let alone another full lap!

Gran Turismo® 7_20231129164852.jpg

dc7cee9e0ceb9c53f2034391e84858e2_photo.webp

And then, the best part... after 92 races I am officially an EMEA region A+ driver.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231129165137.jpg

Yea, a pretty good day at GV. I love this combo! :cheers:

Last edited:
@Tidgney - If you ever get a chance, ask someone who might know the answer to this: Why have they take the best track, BY FAR, out of Sport rotation? I mean Nürburgring Nordschleife, of course. They had this track once, back in July of 2022, and it was one of the first weeks I started racing Sport mode. I thought "man, it doesn't get any better than this." And that was true - in fact, it hasn't come close.

He’s on record saying he hates it for racing.

Might not be best to ask @Tidgney that as he's not a fan of racing at that track. But the variation of tracks and events do need to be questioned.

Spent a good hour trying out cars/tunes for GV. McLaren feels good in the twisties but my times are slow with it. And the Genesis still doesn't agree with me. Fast on acceleration but feels like a boat to drive and loses the back end too easily.

Back to the 911 - knocked off another 0.8s down to 1:48.5 now. That should be good for top 5 on grid for most B/S races. Too burned out to even race today. Work sucks.

Any advice on adjusting brake bias? Iirc rear bias is to compensate for understeer and vice versa, but every time I play around with it I can't tell any difference.

Last edited:
Back