GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,711 comments
I did a couple of races at Monza early on this week. The Mazda is so broken it's stupid. Monza is one of my favourite tracks, and I've just flat out avoided it. Either PD need to make GR4 into one make races, or rebalance the class because it goes beyond just being the meta this week, it's been the meta since it was put into the game. It's like they never even bothered to test the balancing before putting it into the game.

I almost don't get the point of BoP at all, because cars in a single class should all be inherently competitive against each other without balancing in the first place, otherwise they wouldn't be in the same class.

As much as I've enjoyed my time in GT7, I prefer to just play other games these days as there seems to be very little thought put into the things that are meant to keep us coming back. I know that Super Formula cars aren't exactly F1 cars but they're the closest we have and they're so under utilised considering the current F1 tracks that are in the game (and historic ones like Brands Hatch that could be a good laugh). Can we not have an old Group C specific car race at Le Mans? Or a modern LMP version? Just because they're both in GR1, that doesn't mean they're competitive against each other in an actual race.

As much as I've enjoyed my time in GT7, I prefer to just play other games these days as there seems to be very little thought put into the things that are meant to keep us coming back.
I agree 100%, although fans of single-player mode might disagree. Honestly, if I didn't have a driving rig, I'd be long gone. But I love using the driving rig, so I'm here for now.

I agree 100%, although fans of single-player mode might disagree. Honestly, if I didn't have a driving rig, I'd be long gone. But I love using the driving rig, so I'm here for now.
I had been hoping that the weekly challenges would be the sort of thing that would keep me coming back, but they're just one off events that are no better than the standard single player races. I'd been hoping for you know, an actual challenge? But even with the standard AI set to the hardest difficulty, I can still finish with a huge gap using a car deliberately tuned to around 50-70 PP under the limit for the event. We haven't seen any new missions in almost 2 YEARS. Sophy could have provided some good entertainment but it's been implemented in such a boring way.

Hey, I sent you a friend request a few hours ago, I don't know if you're up yet but let me know if you got it.

Some time change would be great. Gvh this week with night falling by lap 3 would be tremendous.
They've done it before, too! Well, was more like lap nine out of 10 but it really added another level of depth to the race and looked fantastic to boot.

I'll never understand why PD won't take more advantage of the undoubtedly thousands of development hours invested, into the Sport Mode.

5862012a3f48f665b0aa1b4659f7726c_photo.webp

They've done it before, too! Well, was more like lap nine out of 10 but it really added another level of depth to the race and looked fantastic to boot.

I'll never understand why PD won't take more advantage of the undoubtedly thousands of development hours invested, into the Sport Mode.

5862012a3f48f665b0aa1b4659f7726c_photo.webp
It really can only be they see it as diminishing returns now.

The bulk of sport mode players play already by now and to pull a bigger share of other games would take a substantial shift from their philosophy on the mode as it is today.

Ahhhh.... What a start of polar opposites to a nice and sunny, December Sunday :D Monza as always...

Race 1 - Quite rusty, qualified P8 and was making small mistakes, but still held position with no contact. I then panic-brake to avoid slow-turning cars lap 2 and cut the corner to avoid contact and get a 1 sec penalty, which I serve on lap 3. Down to 11th, I keep my head down and am back in P8 after the 1st chicane of the final lap.

2 cars ahead going slow, one is the human garbage and I overtake him and the other car at once, up in P6 and comfortably ahead of both. I make a mistake on the final chicane and slow down to the point that he catches up to me. You know how the rest goes... Pits me before the final corner and I finish in P11 and he gets no penalty.

I reported him, which won't do much I am sure....

Race 2 - Hop in 2nd account set a decent time and get pole. I was comfortably 1 second ahead at all times except in the end, a mystery wobble, but I managed to still win 0.1s ahead of P2 😅 At least I managed the 4 holy goals: Pole/ Clean Race/ Fastest Lap/ Win :D

1701608008507.png

I also just managed to take 2 tenths off my best overall time and now into the 1:56:4's :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 13.46.28 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 13.46.28 (2).jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 13.46.28 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 13.46.28 (1).jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 13.46.28.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 13.46.28.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 14.40.16 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 14.40.16 (1).jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 14.40.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 14.40.16.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Mixed bag of racing last night at GV. Race 1 I start P2, lose the back end on final chicane L1 trying to keep up with P1 who has a QT in the low 1:46. I've seen this guy before, he smokes everyone in B/S and then stops before the finish line so he doesn't get moved up to DR A. Weird. Anyway, made my way back to the pack in later laps but got pitted by a moron in the tunnel before chicane and put me DFL.

Race 2 I start P4 in a pretty fast lobby. Had a clean race and good battle for 3rd, never more than 1.5 secs ahead of P4/P5 behind me. I guess he put on new tires because I gapped him after we both pitted. Finish P2 after the leader crashes on final lap.

Talon were you in a green Mustang last night? Someone with nickname Talon2 had a great battle for 1st but in the replay I saw got taken out by P2 on the final lap.

Last edited:
Mixed bag of racing last night at GV. Race 1 I start P2, lose the back end on final chicane L1 trying to keep up with P1 who has a QT in the low 1:46. I've seen this guy before, he smokes everyone in B/S and then stops before the finish line so he doesn't get moved up to DR A. Weird. Anyway, made my way back to the pack in later laps but got pitted by a moron in the tunnel before chicane and put me DFL.

Race 2 I start P4 in a pretty fast lobby. Had a clean race and good battle for 3rd, never more than 1.5 secs ahead of P4/P5 behind me. I guess he put on new tires because I gapped him after we both pitted. Finish P2 after the leader crashes on final lap.

Talon were you in a green Mustang last night? Someone with nickname Talon2 had a great battle for 1st but in the replay I saw got taken out by P2 on the final lap.
Yea, that was me. And yes, I got punted on the last lap by a known dirtbag driver. I raced him super clean (he was P1 and I was P2) for the first five (or whatever it was) laps on his tail the whole time, never made contact, and was having fun. He pits before me and as I pit on lap eight I come out in front of him. Guess that hurt his feelings that a Mustang was beating him lol.

I get clobbered on the infield and get a 1.5s pen for hitting the wall. Dropped down quite a bit but I don't even really care. It's an odd thing, as I am not even mad about getting PIT'ed but more just disappointed because it was such a fun race to that point and was likely going to be a very exciting finish. He probably would've won anyway as he would've had the slip down the final straight. Ah well.

I joined the next racing hoping to see him again but he bailed, as cowards do.

Got into the dailies a bit late this week. Race B is pointless unless you're driving the Mazda, even then you get people bowling at turn 1. Race A is just as mental but somehow manages to sneak a win out even though I was crashing into everyone and vice versa:

I hope none of you were racing tonight and if you were I'd be shocked just how poor the standard is.

Video will follow but my god the standards are poor. As my 9 year would say and did say "they are very thirsty daddy" and I replied "no they aren't. They just think 5th is better than 6th 5 seconds back from the leaders on the last lap.

I actually agree with her the thirst is strong and the gap so inviting.

I'm going to double down next week and not put up with this shizzle. If I'm not 200 and away from these people I'm gonna be very annoyed.

They have braking zones and auto assist on. Why the hell am I racing these people. We aren't playing the same game!!!

Quite pleased with how this week ended. Managed 2 more wins with the B account and also went a couple of milliseconds faster with the main to get a lower 1:56:4 :) The race I love from this week, started P6 and finished P4 after a very close and clean battle all race with the same player throughout the entire race! Overtook each other (and others) a few times to finish strong and happy :)

Last edited:
They have braking zones and auto assist on. Why the hell am I racing these people. We aren't playing the same game!!!
I'm not sure what "auto assist" is, but why would you care if they have braking zones on? A lot of us use them. Well, OK, maybe only a handful of us use them. But the question is still the same - how does that affect you?

And I'm not being snarky or defensive - I'm actually curious why it would bother you.

Personally, I wish some of these drivers could have an Automatic Collision Avoidance System on too. If they don't brake in time, the car brakes for them. Maybe that would cut down on the number of times I get binned... On second thought, it sounds like something that could be abused. Still, if something helps people from braking too late, that's good in my book.

I'm not sure what "auto assist" is, but why would you care if they have braking zones on? A lot of us use them. Well, OK, maybe only a handful of us use them. But the question is still the same - how does that affect you?

And I'm not being snarky or defensive - I'm actually curious why it would bother you.

Personally, I wish some of these drivers could have an Automatic Collision Avoidance System on too. If they don't brake in time, the car brakes for them. Maybe that would cut down on the number of times I get binned... On second thought, it sounds like something that could be abused. Still, if something helps people from braking too late, that's good in my book.
The reason I care is because I manage to drive without them.

Everyone can use any assists they need that is not and never in question nor should it be.

If we are comparing real life then you would ****ing brake before the car in front. I mean in 30 years of driving and riding motorbikes i have never needed auto braking or collision detection both on the road and the track?

The point I didn't make very well is 3800 hours in to this game, 3000 online races and setting top 500 times you'd expect a different calibre of opponent. My first flaw is expectation but the rest is knowing how to drive the track and not to run in to people. Or just chuck it up the inside.

So to the braking zones specifically, they are conservative. They also don't teach how to brake and come off them before you want to turn. They merge the two actions because they make it panic braking every time.

They create a false hubris of being later on the brakes so people can dive. But these people also accelerate like no one is near them.

It's a stabiliser that if you want to go faster you work with, or get rid off and drive the track that is stretching infront of you and not the edge of the bonnet or bright red.

@tidge posts a guide each week with braking markers. He is a world finalist in this game?

Sure dial them back a bit as you are learning but in A and A+ lobbies you would expect people to know the track considering the times they set to be in the top 400 in the world....

I actually do understand how you're feeling, and I'm not arguing any of your points. At this stage of GT7's life, frustration with how things have panned out compared to how they could have panned out is something we're pretty-much all experiencing. So much potential, so little of it realized.

With that said, as far as braking zones are concerned, personally, I use them because I need something flashing to remind me to pay attention. It's strictly an ADD thing. I don't necessarily brake where it tells me too - it just reminds me to wake the hell up. As to whether I'd need it on a track in real life - I would never BE on a track in real life because my lapses in concentration would kill me.

As far as "creating a false hubris of being later on the brakes so people can dive", I have no idea what that means. But I seriously doubt that using braking zones has anything to do with the idiots who dive. I think it's much more likely that they're the types of people who don't care about anyone other than themselves.

Except for mistakes, of course. It's easy to assume someone is a divebomber when they just plain missed their braking zones. That happens to me sometimes, when I'm relying on reading the distance signs (150m, 100m, etc), and misread one. Yeah, that's me flying by screaming "OH ****!!!!" :lol:

Why do they always select the Group 4 cars at Monza. Why not mix it up a notch with road cars in the N900-1000 class. Without the BoP.

Well, it's time to bid farewell to GV+Gr3, one of my top three favorite combos of the game. It was a very good week for me as every race on my #1 account (10-12 races I'd estimate) was a podium with a handful of wins, much thanks to a pretty strong quali time I pulled out of my derriere early in the week (27th in the country and 177th in the world last I looked).

Also had a good set of races on the EMEA side of things getting a win and a couple top fives in very strong lobbies. This helped me get over the edge and earn an A+ rating across the pond, after 92 races.

A lot of very good, hard-nosed, and clean racing on the #1 and #3 accounts. Until next time, GV!

e326e15f745071e45c6705e819dd2d41_photo.webp

dc7cee9e0ceb9c53f2034391e84858e2_photo.webp

Well, it's time to bid farewell to GV+Gr3, one of my top three favorite combos of the game. It was a very good week for me as every race on my #1 account (10-12 races I'd estimate) was a podium with a handful of wins, much thanks to a pretty strong quali time I pulled out of my derriere early in the week (27th in the country and 177th in the world last I looked).

Also had a good set of races on the EMEA side of things getting a win and a couple top fives in very strong lobbies. This helped me get over the edge and earn an A+ rating across the pond, after 92 races.

A lot of very good, hard-nosed, and clean racing on the #1 and #3 accounts. Until next time, GV!

e326e15f745071e45c6705e819dd2d41_photo.webp

dc7cee9e0ceb9c53f2034391e84858e2_photo.webp
Nice progress, however I'm stuck at a low-D. I've only done 560 races in a 13-14 month period. I'm busy now taking care of me and my family, so my time is limited. Life is hard when you're an adult. Only have 4 wins, and about 160-170 top 5 finishes.

Well only had time for one race today, but made it count against good competition. Started behind 4 A drivers in P6 and had a great 4 way battle for podium, with P1 way out of reach. Leap frogged P3 by not putting on tires but it hurt me late when I couldn't hold him off and had a few mistakes on worn rubber. Caught a slight SR hit from bumps in the chicanes.

Overall a great week of clean racing. GV is up there with my favorite tracks, along with Spa and Laguna Seca. You've been good to me.

18c32d7b60928-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c28dc5dbc79-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
This week's list looks mad, I like the look of all three.

Race A: Lake Louise long/GR Yaris/4 laps

Race B: Barcelona no chicane/GR3/4 laps

Race C: Trial Mountain/list of modded supercars like SSRX/7 laps

Last edited:
This third race is weird you can't use your own car and the choices are all at various pp levels about 100 apart from worst to best, should make for a fun week as it seems there's isn't 1 car better than the rest.. However I was hoping to be able to do some tunig this week but there's always next time suppose

Nice Daily C. It's a shame that the only time we get decent variety in Sport Mode is when they're copying a GTWS race.

This Race A and Race C together has been the closest GT7's Sport Mode has been to actually reflecting the spirit of Gran Turismo since the game launched. Those first couple weeks were awesome, and then it's been recycled Gr.3 and Gr.4 ever since.

I was up early for the first running of Race C, the Ford GT40 was available initially, and topping the timing sheets. Then when I exited qualifying mode to re-enter for the race it was gone! I quite enjoyed it, expect will be back for more later this week.

Back