GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
2 cars ahead going slow, one is the human garbage and I overtake him and the other car at once, up in P6 and comfortably ahead of both. I make a mistake on the final chicane and slow down to the point that he catches up to me. You know how the rest goes... Pits me before the final corner and I finish in P11 and he gets no penalty.

I reported him, which won't do much I am sure....
Human Garbage - how appropriate! I've fallen foul of this idiot so many times, "it" (not sure it's a him) seems to be on a constant mission to screw up people's races which is stupird because "it" is actually very fast. Well faster than me anyway.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap...it's a new week already.

I got ONE race in at Monza this week + some qualifiers. Never even got back to GVH to work on my pace there. Gotta admit, Monza has always been one of my faves with the Bugatti, and the one race I did get to run was worth it. Nothing stellar, started 6th, finished 7th. Should've been fourth but kept blowin' it where the Mazda can't touch the AWD awesomeness that is the Bug'...the chicanes. Given the Mazda's dominance, I still walked-away proud.😁

Got the Bug boogeyin', too...down to a 1:56.8xx with LOTS of room for improvement. Should be better prepared for the next go-round.👍

:cheers:

Holy crap...it's a new week already.

I got ONE race in at Monza this week + some qualifiers. Never even got back to GVH to work on my pace there. Gotta admit, Monza has always been one of my faves with the Bugatti, and the one race I did get to run was worth it. Nothing stellar, started 6th, finished 7th. Should've been fourth but kept blowin' it where the Mazda can't touch the AWD awesomeness that is the Bug'...the chicanes. Given the Mazda's dominance, I still walked-away proud.😁

Got the Bug boogeyin', too...down to a 1:56.8xx with LOTS of room for improvement. Should be better prepared for the next go-round.👍

So, are you looking forward to the snow track this week!

After two weeks of learning the dynamics of the game on VR (and leaving a bunch of DR points in the process) I now can confidently drive without fear of being killed or kill someone!
Im still behind my pace but the inmersion really puts the game to another level.

Yesterday had a remarkable race starting form P10 and finishing on P5 with the most minimal gap possible to retain my position ( +.001!)
I never had that photo finish before.

This is what it looked like

1701698743400.png

1701698813150.png

1701698844298.png

1701698896011.png

My goodness i hate this game

I play 18 hours a day every day then complain after every 18 session

And what's with the oil come on i mean i have a bad enough time knowing when to change my clothes or take a shower without my parents telling me

pd really expects me to just go to the dang gt auto and change my dang oil after 5 or 6 c races?

Pfffff come on lets get real here

And monza wow dreadful but i keep going there cuz i love to complain

They need to let people just drive through the chicane if there's a mistake or pile up like real life no ghost like real life make it the real driving simulator so i can complain about all the people cutting the chicane

I will miss but also won't miss last week. I saw a whole lot of red on my US account.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 8.35.06 AM.png

Race B was bad to me but that was mostly from getting punted or drifting off track from my own accord. If I could stay on track I was competitive enough, but never great.

Race C, was good and bad. I like race C and had a good QT but the race results never really came out. The best results were last night, where I had two races starting in 3rd. In one I came 4th due to poorly timed pit stop and a wobble entering the pits coming out the tunnel that cost me a 1/2 second allowing 4th to get the jump on me. The earlier race where finished 7th, I was running 5th mostly and last lap, turn 1 I got pushed into the barrier by 6th behind me causing me to lost two spots. I had strong words with that player afterwards, but on looking at replay I would say it was more a 50/50 racing incident, so I mellowed and said sorry to them next race. Still I may post video later for "racing steward" feedback.

The last race where I finished 12th was disappointing. That had a strong A+ crowd and I was right in the A+ pack in 7th with 6th holding me up so I decided to pit lap 1. Coming out that put me near back markers, one of whom spun after the hairpin. They were still ghosted as I passed them out of my vision but they must have unghosted as they came back on track caught my rear and put me into the cliff, down to last. The trying to catch up from that, near the end I spin chasing down a car in front, only to finish 12th.

Over the races, I think the best pit strategy in hindsight, and one I never fully pulled off, was keep out while chasing a car that's faster than you that's "pulling" you along. Pit lap 8 and not the last lap. Avoid pitting early as I would get caught up in slower cars at the back. I would have liked to work the race more, but ran out of available "drive time".

Out of that, I was fearing a significant DR reset and while it did drop a lot, it also stabilized somewhat. It looks like I am more a 10% DR A driver as opposed to the 36% I had reached in the glitched days.

I also did 5 races on my GB account but those where in early EU hours so had a much more wild crowd.
Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 8.52.23 AM.png

It's very weird that on my US account I manage to somewhat drive at the DR A level but on the GB account I am very much a mediocre lower DR B. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
So, are you looking forward to the snow track this week!
Actually, I am. I was watching the worlds y'day and learned a LOT from watching those guys throw it around there. If I'm lucky I'll be able to implement, I don't know, one or two percent of what I learned and take another tenth off of my time. I was trying to drive the snow like it was dirt: in hot, rotate, punch out. Snow seems to prefer embracing the drift on a wide line to maintain momentum 'round the outside.

Lookin' forward to Barfelona w/out the chicane, too. I love almost ALL chicanes, because I am weird. This one's the exception.🤣

Hoping to run today but it's musical season at the schools. Building sets, going to shows and all points between take priority for the moment.👷‍♂️

View attachment 1309008

It's very weird that on my US account I manage to somewhat drive at the DR A level but on the GB account I am very much a mediocre lower DR B. 🤷‍♂️
EMEA side is regarded as having quicker players, as a whole. Unfortunately, on the US side racing isn't really part of our culture like it is in Europe so, generally speaking, we don't have the same level of immersion overall.

Finally a longer race C with street cars. This is OG Gran Turismo right there, more of that please. Different preset cars no crazy tuning exploits. I love it ! In the future, they could assign one of these cars to you at random before every race and call it shuffle racing. ;) There is so much potential with that format. Its so refreshing after the usual GR3 and GR4 racecars. Thank god !

I usually hang around in race A but the races are always too short and you end up waiting 10-12 minutes for a 6-8 minute race.

It's amazing.

I'm currently in Schiphol awaiting an extremely delayed plane (like... it's not taking off until well after it should have landed level of late), and working via PS Remote Play, so if any of that needs a tweak because I misread something please let me know.

Absolutely LOVE all 3 races this week, they are great GREAT fun! I also finish one of my jobs this week so more time to play them to! WAHOO!

O here's the guide for you!

I'm actually using your ghost right now - I didn't even realize it was yours until I happened to notice the name. But your ghost needn't worry - it's in no danger from me. :lol: Thanks for the good stuff you do! (I suppose you could take that two ways, but I mean it in the best sense.)

Finally a longer race C with street cars. This is OG Gran Turismo right there, more of that please. Different preset cars no crazy tuning exploits. I love it ! In the future, they could assign one of these cars to you at random before every race and call it shuffle racing. ;) There is so much potential with that format. Its so refreshing after the usual GR3 and GR4 racecars. Thank god !
True but it looks like the M3 is the current go to already based on the leaderboards so is there really much variety? Looks like this will be an M3 race like, last week it was all Mazda for race B.

My Quick Look this morning I was confused as the info sheet said BoP off but tuning is not enabled. I can't get into settings so there is no tuning?

True but it looks like the M3 is the current go to already based on the leaderboards so is there really much variety? Looks like this will be an M3 race like, last week it was all Mazda for race B.

My Quick Look this morning I was confused as the info sheet said BoP off but tuning is not enabled. I can't get into settings so there is no tuning?
No tuning, just pick a car and race. Unfortunately there is no tire wear or fuel consumption so no pit strategy but hey its not GR3 Race cars which is a big win.

They're tuned, but the tuning is predetermined by PD. So there's nothing for you to do other than pick one and go. Seems like it didn't take long for the cream to rise to the top and the M3 is the go-to.

No tuning, just pick a car and race. Unfortunately there is no tire wear or fuel consumption so no pit strategy but hey its not GR3 Race cars which is a big win.
Watching you on ImMullet's stream (@ImMullet3). Great battles with you, ImMullet, and KPWilcox!

Race A is supposed to be no DR or SR updates, so how come most races today have had drivers with red DR and SR at the end (see photo below)?

Perhaps there's a limit to how naughty you can be in this race? 🤔

20231204_154948.jpg

Back