GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
Just had my first Race B this week, and as expected, it was pretty "all over the place", myself included. P4 to P11 to P3 to P9, with a 2 second penalty for nudging someone off the track (barely, and I waited for him). I don't think anyone was being malicious, but the word "clean" would probably never be applied to this race, unless it was in the context of "getting cleaned out".

If you're in the habit of turning on "Replace Car After Leaving Track", I recommend turning it off. It's easy to get stuck in the gravel, and there's not enough time to get back on the track before getting placed further back with a second or two of "auto drive".

I'm actually using your ghost right now - I didn't even realize it was yours until I happened to notice the name. But your ghost needn't worry - it's in no danger from me. :lol: Thanks for the good stuff you do! (I suppose you could take that two ways, but I mean it in the best sense.)
Alll good, it benefits me to! I enjoy commentating, video editing and doing guides so the mixture of everything in the weekly race guide is the perfect video for me. I'm just glad I can help others to where I can.

Road cars!!!!! We get road cars again!!!!!!

Done a few laps of race C for qualifying, but only in the LFA. Loads of fun. Good combo and hopefully PD stop force feeding us GR3 and GR4 every single week of the year. Doubt it, but I can hope.

Anyway. Also did 2 races and finally managed to repair my SR from the last time out when I either got caught in someone else's wreck or got rammed into the wall every race. Had an awesome 5 lap battle for the win that I olost, but it was clean and a loaf of fun. I won't be back on for long with the Christmas season whipping my butt at work but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Road cars!!!!! We get road cars again!!!!!!

Done a few laps of race C for qualifying, but only in the LFA. Loads of fun. Good combo and hopefully PD stop force feeding us GR3 and GR4 every single week of the year. Doubt it, but I can hope.

Anyway. Also did 2 races and finally managed to repair my SR from the last time out when I either got caught in someone else's wreck or got rammed into the wall every race. Had an awesome 5 lap battle for the win that I olost, but it was clean and a loaf of fun. I won't be back on for long with the Christmas season whipping my butt at work but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
Glad I'm not the only one to be happy with that !

Lets hope they keep the ball rolling and that they hear the player's feedback (One can only hope but PD doesn't seem to listen).
Today, I had three very close and clean races. I'm also going to enjoy it as much as I can this week because I missed racing in the dailies but that race C brings me back into the game. I would like to see slower cars as well like 90'S JDM legends and stuff. Add tire strategy and refueling and that would be perfect. Even better, a shuffle option would be mix up the grid, break the META and bring more variety. The potential is immense.

Anyone know why you can't use your own cars? It seems like you can only use the ones they provide, so you can't use your own liveries, right?

After two weeks of learning the dynamics of the game on VR (and leaving a bunch of DR points in the process) I now can confidently drive without fear of being killed or kill someone!
Im still behind my pace but the inmersion really puts the game to another level.

Yesterday had a remarkable race starting form P10 and finishing on P5 with the most minimal gap possible to retain my position ( +.001!)
I never had that photo finish before.

This is what it looked like

View attachment 1309002

View attachment 1309004

View attachment 1309005

View attachment 1309006

That's awesome mate - yeah the confidence you can have wheel to wheel is unbelievable!

I managed four race C's this afternoon before work. What a great combo! Going side by side on these Sports Mediums is very satisfying.

I'm under no illusion it's the cleanest racing ever had, but as far as i can tell, no malice just iffy race craft which isn't too surprising on the Monday shift.

During practice, I tried (nearly) all of the cars and they seem well balanced. I've set my quali in the Beemer but am racing the Jaguar (thanks @Nebuc72 ). What a thrill it is hunting down suckers on the back straight!!

Looking forward to the standards hopefully following an upwards trajectory through the week because I'll mostly be living there at Trial Mountain this week... Trying different cars, maybe.

Race C is shaping up to be quite fun. Was able to do a pair of races earlier and used the LFA. It's the only one I've used thus far, but man it's fun to drive.

The slip stream speed is a bit ridiculous, though. And I do wish we could use our own cars, with different colors, numbers, liveries, and aero bits. Don't see why it's no possible to just have the car BoPed to the current specs regardless, but whatever.

Regardless, looking forward to doing more of these. A welcome change of pace.

136ae7ecf441a28985aef398cdc0dbf6_photo.webp

Alll good, it benefits me to! I enjoy commentating, video editing and doing guides so the mixture of everything in the weekly race guide is the perfect video for me. I'm just glad I can help others to where I can.
Your track and race guides are super helpful to me (not to mention entertaining), I always go there before I start my Quali/Time Trial so I don't have to spend all night just getting up to speed :)

18c37ad3dd060-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c37acf89e46-screenshotUrl.jpg

First daily race win. Followed by my second. Did two more after but was beaten by sandbagger qualifiers. They were running lap times almost as fast as my 5 hundred something place in the world time trial fastest lap at LL, but during a race. Lol. Fun times though. It's never been the case where I can be the alien way way way out front with zero danger of getting caught. Even for second place. 😂😂🍻🍻

They have special, specific tunes

I will miss but also won't miss last week. I saw a whole lot of red on my US account.

View attachment 1309007

Race B was bad to me but that was mostly from getting punted or drifting off track from my own accord. If I could stay on track I was competitive enough, but never great.

Race C, was good and bad. I like race C and had a good QT but the race results never really came out. The best results were last night, where I had two races starting in 3rd. In one I came 4th due to poorly timed pit stop and a wobble entering the pits coming out the tunnel that cost me a 1/2 second allowing 4th to get the jump on me. The earlier race where finished 7th, I was running 5th mostly and last lap, turn 1 I got pushed into the barrier by 6th behind me causing me to lost two spots. I had strong words with that player afterwards, but on looking at replay I would say it was more a 50/50 racing incident, so I mellowed and said sorry to them next race. Still I may post video later for "racing steward" feedback.

The last race where I finished 12th was disappointing. That had a strong A+ crowd and I was right in the A+ pack in 7th with 6th holding me up so I decided to pit lap 1. Coming out that put me near back markers, one of whom spun after the hairpin. They were still ghosted as I passed them out of my vision but they must have unghosted as they came back on track caught my rear and put me into the cliff, down to last. The trying to catch up from that, near the end I spin chasing down a car in front, only to finish 12th.

Over the races, I think the best pit strategy in hindsight, and one I never fully pulled off, was keep out while chasing a car that's faster than you that's "pulling" you along. Pit lap 8 and not the last lap. Avoid pitting early as I would get caught up in slower cars at the back. I would have liked to work the race more, but ran out of available "drive time".

Out of that, I was fearing a significant DR reset and while it did drop a lot, it also stabilized somewhat. It looks like I am more a 10% DR A driver as opposed to the 36% I had reached in the glitched days.

I also did 5 races on my GB account but those where in early EU hours so had a much more wild crowd.
View attachment 1309008

It's very weird that on my US account I manage to somewhat drive at the DR A level but on the GB account I am very much a mediocre lower DR B. 🤷‍♂️
Where are you getting the awesome chart from did you make it ?

View attachment 1309155View attachment 1309156
First daily race win. Followed by my second. Did two more after but was beaten by sandbagger qualifiers. They were running lap times almost as fast as my 5 hundred something place in the world time trial fastest lap at LL, but during a race. Lol. Fun times though. It's never been the case where I can be the alien way way way out front with zero danger of getting caught. Even for second place. 😂😂🍻🍻
@330_D congrats on putting your awesome TT practice to work 😁

I had similar results tonight and definitely fun. I set a 1:46.8 fastest lap in my last race and had only qualified at low 1:47 😂

Closest race was my first of three and it was also around 7 seconds plus for ftw. Raised my wins total to 16 from 13 going into the evening 😁

Course is extremely lenient compared to the tt for penalties tho.

Have fun with this one and enjoy the week! 🍻
IMG_6261.jpeg
IMG_6260.jpeg

IMG_6262.jpeg

Last edited:
Race C is the business. Cars are evenly matched with different strengths. The racing is tight but, in my races at least, fair. And it’s so refreshing to be driving something fundamentally different to the GT cars.

I’ve run the Diablo, RX7 and M3 so far. All are good, but I’m really connecting with the M3.

So much fun. It’s rejuvenated my waning interest in dailies.

True but it looks like the M3 is the current go to already based on the leaderboards so is there really much variety? Looks like this will be an M3 race like, last week it was all Mazda for race B.

My Quick Look this morning I was confused as the info sheet said BoP off but tuning is not enabled. I can't get into settings so there is no tuning?
It's not so obvious, because LFA, Supra and Diablo are also pretty competitive. I went for Supra, it's very nice car to drive and I didn't feel any disadvantage for M3 in the race.

As much as I like the road cars in Race C, Race A has me wishing the opposite - that either PD manages to nudge Toyota to get the actual WRC Yaris or they use Gr.B for once next time. I've had my fill of the road Yaris being the one car they always use for races on dirt/snow.

Have you got video of this... yet?

Here's a good example of a barrier grab... at time code 29.49 the car hits the barrier with the front left and just gets stuck to the barrier. So unnatural, so stupid.

What utter carnage this week. Race B & C are going to ruin people's DR rating :lol:

Here's a good example of a barrier grab... at time code 29.49 the car hits the barrier with the front left and just gets stuck to the barrier. So unnatural, so stupid.

You're annoyed that friction exists? I've got some news for you about real life then.

Whats everyone's ride of choice on Race C?
I think this might be one of those weeks where the car chooses you, lol.

I've run 3-4 laps in the RX-7, LFA and 911. All of them feel like they are within striking distance of one-another, but I did struggle with the RX the most. The 911 felt super natural for ME because we just ran Trial' with the Gr.3's and the RSR is my go-to.

The LFA really surprised me, though, and is likely gonna get the most use. First time driving the car and it was just soooo damn good. I'm actually able to use most of my brake/turn-in markers from the previous weeks shenanigans in the 3's with it, MOST. Waiting to pitch anchor until the road sign at the end of the back straight doesn't really work. 😁

:cheers:

PS - I can't be the only one wishing they'd un-Lexus the LFA. By that I mean, REMOVE ALL FACTORY SOUND DEADENING, lol. This motor is an icon, it needs to be heard, dammit. Idle to redline in 0.6 secs....I need to hear that 💩 properly.

EDIT
It just occurred to my dumb ass self that I can actually buy one and throw an exhaust on it to see how much better it gets...sorry, it's early here. 🤣

Last edited:
The reason the barriers feel so sticky appears to be the lack of deformation of both the outer structure and chassis components. In real life the cars deform in specific ways but most of the time this results in catastrophic failure or at best the coachwork gets damaged and rubs/foils other components.

Without this deformation the cars don't have the energy release from the impact in the same way they would. Also the barriers don't deform either so this fake energy of the impact just isn't modelled very well and not only doesn't behave as you would expect it feels and looks super unnatural.

All trackside objects use the same primitive collision behaviour which again breaks immersion and is unrealistic.

It appears for playability they decided this for gameplay reasons so it's by design.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't expect to get a victory in Race C this week... Least of all when using one of the 'non meta' choices, but here we are!!

18c3a4881ea13-screenshotUrl.jpg

Started in 6th, surrounded by M3s and LFAs, and the pack was compressed for the first half of the race with very little contact across the board as far as i could see. Very enjoyable and hard driving.

Some tactical bump drafting through the second half of the race started reeling in the front 4 or 5, and P1 wasn't successful in their attempt to pull away, so I knew it was on...

In the end it came down to the last chicane, and the former-P1 German behind me was very close in their Lexus. He got an awkward exit and nudged my rear end, but coming over the line he was only .020 away from snatching away my hard earned win!

(Ps I know I said earlier all the cars are well balanced but still felt good taking the win in a different car)

Last edited:
It's not like friction - more like velcro.
But the alternative is flying across the track and possibly wiping someone else out.
I don't get that guys constant complaints about it. He's lucky the game lets him drive away from a 70 degree high speed impact at all. Any other sim, and real life, would have you out the race entirely. Funnily enough, he didn't reply when I mentioned this to him last time.

I'm very happy with being slowed down on the spot and having a chance to recover. I would argue that if you are in a position where high friction wall contact is constantly bothering you, you should reevaluate how you drive.

Last week I only had time for 1 race C, it went so-so but it was Sunday and everyone else where fast. I wasn't.

So this week I found time.to run today, jumped in B, started P14 but was P12 after T3, clean pass on the inside with no contact, yet come the next corner he just ram me off.
So now DFL.
On it again and I pass a Ferrari (I am in one as well) at the hairpin, he out brake himself.
So naturally he just sends it up the inside and pushes me off at the big turn instead of the chicane.

I think I am done with Sport mode, too many idiots, not enough that want to race.

I've no idea which of the three crashes in the video I'm looking at, as none seem to reflect the original post that states the car spins around into the wall if you contact it at 15-20 degrees.

There's one where a car goes into the grass, sideswipes the barrier, and continues along the barrier for a short while (which literally happens in real life, because the barrier is slowing you down more than any other surface, pulling you in the direction of the barrier; about 70% of Nurburgring crash videos are this) before rejoining, another where that happens but on the opposite side of the road, and one where a car slides to a stop pointing about 90 degrees to the track towards the outside barrier.

Honestly, with a console that records everything, all the time, I'm stunned it's proving so hard to show this grabby wall mechanism that spins cars towards it if they touch the them - after all, one of the respondents in the original thread showed it not happening, repeatedly, at Laguna Seca, and I showed it actually happening in my Forza Motorsport review...

Back