GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,711 comments
Ah Suzuka. I can always rely on you for a result.
Being able to go on early this week helped me get 5th on the grid. I gained a place lap 1 due to someone going off (Punted?) at Degna 2. I managed to close on a 911 who made a few mistakes and then an excursion wide in the esses allowed me through. However cutting Degna 1 and a penalty allowed them back through.
Another Brit was closing on me and I decided to pit early for some clean air on lap 7. I got the clean air and when it all shook out I was in P2 about 4 seconds ahead defacto P3 as someone who hadn't pitted yet was on me. A clumsy late move into the hairpin cost me some time and they then pitted that lap. (Seriously! :banghead: )
I was now about 2 and a half seconds ahead of P3. They closed quickly. I reckon I was the only one at the front to not change tyres. Given the relative pace I let them go to try and stick to their slip and not loose unnecessary time. However with more wear I just couldn't hold the understeer with the Degnas becoming my nemesis. I was reeled in again and this time with a lap and a half to go I was going to put up more of a fight. They got past right on 130R. We both went wide and held it. However they went deep into the Casio Triangle but decided to nudge me wide on the 2nd apex despite the fact they went off. So I finished P4 in the end. They said sorry but they could have waited (and still grabbed the 3rd given my late race pace.)
So unless everyone is staying on the same tyres it's better to grab new boots as you will loose time to fresh tyres. Unless you are just better than me which you all are.
It's a good race so enjoy everyone.

i can’t believe my eyes with C. Usually I wait a day or two refreshing my memory of the track and all that. Today, after the nerfing of sarth last time..im going in! Lol..

Seriously though, soo tired of the sweaty try hard too short sprints. Really looking forward to a cleaner, more tactical fun event where I can get my legs, find a groove and really relax and race.

B though. Lol..that might be the dirtiest pit fest of the year. Especially if your on the C/B cusp.

Kinda feels as if Pd is running a trial on us. Hopefully enough race C this week as to maybe inspire them to give us a race D.

I hope to be proven wrong this week, but I remember last year a 40+ minute GR1 race at Le Mans got it's laps cut back significantly mid week. Again, I hope they leave it alone this time.

I hope to be proven wrong this week, but I remember last year a 40+ minute GR1 race at Le Mans got it's laps cut back significantly mid week. Again, I hope they leave it alone this time.
It did, but last time the race slot length and time required were the default values.

This time, they've adjusted everything to indicate that the race is longer by design. So it's good omens, I think.

3 Laps Gr.4 around Spa sounds......tedious. I'm not a big fan of the track and Gr.4 cars can feel a bit lost on some of the more open 'power' tracks. One racing 'incident' and you'll never make the time back.

3 Laps Gr.4 around Spa sounds......tedious. I'm not a big fan of the track and Gr.4 cars can feel a bit lost on some of the more open 'power' tracks. One racing 'incident' and you'll never make the time back.
Yeah it’s a strange one, not sure if I like it yet, had all clean races in mostly 458/650s lobbies, if nothing else it’s fine throwing the Ferrari around spa for a few laps, midweek anyway, weekend might be a different story

PD this is too quick racey for my liking

So after a LONGGG break from Daily Races (last played them in 2020 with GT Sport I think), decided to take a shot at the NSX race today...

Got a decent qualifying time in the early 59s, started 1st in the race and was about 2-3 seconds ahead, but halfway through it's like I just started getting slower... Eventually got overtaken and finished 2nd.

The DualSense takes a lot of getting used to I think, the haptic triggers do help a ton though (on weak settings atleast). Maybe I'll have to fiddle with steering sensitivity a bit

Did 2 Race C, it was a a pleaure. I'm a B/S Driver, i thought about gigantic carnage @ the first corners, but no. A few driving mistakes from my opponents, but no dive bombs, no kicks.
Maybe most of them realized, that you ddon't win a 40 min race in the 30 seconds from the start.

One crazy thing for me is; my QT is more than half a second slower then my fastet lap in the race. Maybe i try to change that tomorrow, 2 races are enough for one day for me.

Absolutely love Daily Race C, opens up strategic racing to me, you can see some of that in this weeks guide :). Hopefully they sort Daily Race B going forward as I'm not sure 3 laps is enough.. it's shorter than Race A (Well feels like it haha)!

I'm looking forward to watching your guide, I know you'll explain it by detail. Do you have a Discord chatrrom of your own? I know DigitGaming does, I'm a member of his.

20 lapper at suzuka?! Oh my! I'm in. Unfortunately, I am really (really) not quick around there. But I'll get in there anyway, because I'm also not quick in Gr4 anywhere.

Hate to complain when they give us a nice long race, but some weather would have been nice to tighten up the pack for us slower guys. My lack of pace had me doing lonely laps towards the rear. Still, I enjoy the driving, might lose a few dr points this week.

Has anyone felt that the grip here is not... RM grip? Felt real slippery in qualifying to me.

Good luck!

I usually have pretty good results at Suzuka, though usually there is some sort of tuning advantage going on. For group 3 I've only driven the 911 RSR and the M6 there, with the M6 being the only one in DR A races. Those results weren't spectacular but were point gainers.

I'm concern that in DR A, where people don't tend to make silly mistakes so attrition is less, that the field will spread out and it'll become a 20 lap TT.

I usually have pretty good results at Suzuka, though usually there is some sort of tuning advantage going on. For group 3 I've only driven the 911 RSR and the M6 there, with the M6 being the only one in DR A races. Those results weren't spectacular but were point gainers.

I'm concern that in DR A, where people don't tend to make silly mistakes so attrition is less, that the field will spread out and it'll become a 20 lap TT.
yeah, I should have mentioned, for the dailies I am in A/A+ lobbies and those A+ drivers are stupid fast. My race this morning had me nearly timed out at 90 seconds (it is what it is). On the plus side, everyone treated lap 1 proper and allowed the race to settle in.

We had a long GT1 suzuka race with weather in the WS a while back, but the lobbies are more evenly matched there. It was fun and I actually was competitive!

Controversially I think Suzuka is 5 laps 2 long for the field spread.

The attrition rate even in the A+ lobbies is quite high for a ranked daily.
I really do think they are using us as test subjects to collect race data for the future. 20 laps would have been great if they gave us more tire choices or weather or (gasp!) both. Because there aren’t any choices to make, it feels like they’re trying to collect as many laps of tire and physics data as they can to compile a future update.

Just my own conspiracy hypothesis. . .

The benefit of my drop to DR C yesterday is that I was in a race where people do tend to make silly mistakes! Started P2 in the 911, got past P1 (GR86) on lap 3 when he got a bit squirrely exiting the hairpin, and I won by 20 seconds.

Only 6 cars finished, the field does spread out - I lapped P6! Suzuka always suits my slow but steady driving - straight back up to DR B and SR S 🙂

Don't expect the next race will be quite as easy though......

Well let's see how I do with the A races today, then I will focus on the B ones tomorrow. 20 laps at the full Suzuka course would be a killing but I'm willing to put some work in there. Should be less boring than the Nurb-GP races we had last week.

Now Spa is a track that I have trouble on, Sectors 2 and 3 give me the most trouble. You need a lot of speed, agility and concentration in order to get a superb time.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to watching your guide, I know you'll explain it by detail. Do you have a Discord chatrrom of your own? I know DigitGaming does, I'm a member of his.
I do indeed its in the description of all the videos (Not sure I'm allowed to post it here). Digit is a great racer!

Back