GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 35,969 comments
Well that's okay, I'll try to find it on my own. I guess I can watch other guides too and yours as always. Gotta keep persevering and trucking on!

Agreed. I think Race B at Spa, would be good in Gr3 at 5 or 6 laps. Race C should be Gr2 or higher and 12-15 laps, with options on tyres. I'll have a crack a both this evening and see how I get on.

Also agree... Having played 2 races already they get quite long by the end.... 15 laps would be better on gr3... Maybe 20 on gr2 but with dynamic weather would make a better experience

I really do think they are using us as test subjects to collect race data for the future. 20 laps would have been great if they gave us more tire choices or weather or (gasp!) both. Because there aren’t any choices to make, it feels like they’re trying to collect as many laps of tire and physics data as they can to compile a future update.

Just my own conspiracy hypothesis. . .
We are basically the human part of the training data for Sophy so it can start to learn player realistic strat per ability level.

I genuinely think that it's hard to find a set of race parameters that fit their time slots.

What has actually surprised me quite a lot is not the race format but for a daily they are willing to give up the 2 race lobbies per hour.

That comes with some huge downsides for them if someone misses the on the hour start time then it's a really really long wait to race. Bold move.

It's probably also why B is so short as you can just about make the on the hour race from the '50 if the lobby speed is good enough.

It's a good test, I think attrition both active users wise and actual race finishers will be hit quite hard this week as the novelty wears off sadly.

Think its possible to do a couple of B’s, then hop into the big one.

Also, and i could be way off base as im waiting for my first lobby of the day..but, with so many laps, won’t the strategy reflect the driver tendencies more than any cut and paste stuff, which it usually is.

Finally, im cool with no weather. But, a nice sunset into 10laps of nite would be awesome.

If I race it is usually like 3 to 4 race B or two race C in an evening. With C this week, it would be one race. I like the idea but for those that DR hunt, the ability to gain/lose is more limited per hour. If this is an experiment, then I would would also wish they experiment with the DR calculation so the results have the same equivalent DR gain per hour irrespectively of daily. That would mean the DR calc would have a multiplier. A (20 min slot) would be x1, B (20 min slot) would be x1 but could be a 30 minute slot at x1.5 , and C would be (40 minute slot) x2 and (60 minute slot) x3.

Last edited:
Think its possible to do a couple of B’s, then hop into the big one.

Also, and i could be way off base as im waiting for my first lobby of the day..but, with so many laps, won’t the strategy reflect the driver tendencies more than any cut and paste stuff, which it usually is.

Finally, im cool with no weather. But, a nice sunset into 10laps of nite would be awesome.
I won't spoil it for you, but ultimately we converge on the main performance Strats.

Realistically if you can avoid traffic and have pace there is a 2-3 lap window to under, over or match the person you are racing.

The extreme alt Strats don't play particularly well if you move outside of those windows because you end up over stretching the tires or not benefiting enough late on with the extra grip.

In other ranked lobbies attrition and inconsistency are probably a better strat to race against than cute tire and fuel strategies.

@TheNormsk i don't really think that your DR idea makes sense in a practical way.

DR should always be the relative calculation of the field for a given race so that points move around. Upping the points multiplier means upping the points lost.

So it ends up back at where we are now, just single gains and losses look bigger.

I get the idea for SR where time vs clean driving can affect that score but a system based on relative finishing performance to peers or close peers (higher/lower) the length of the race doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Considering whats going on in the real world this week kinda surprised we have no Daytona or Bathurst. Shame.

It will be Race A for me if its fun. Might have a go at Race C but it will have to wait until weekend... thats longer than the recent GTWS events in GT2/3 leagues.

Considering whats going on in the real world this week kinda surprised we have no Daytona or Bathurst. Shame.

It will be Race A for me if its fun. Might have a go at Race C but it will have to wait until weekend... thats longer than the recent GTWS events in GT2/3 leagues.
Brathurst is the new TT this week.

I haven't done a Daily Race for a while, but when I saw that Race C was 20 laps at Suzuka, I was stoked.

I just finished my first attempt. I haven't enjoyed a Daily Race this much ever. Started P8, driving the Porsche. Things were close for the first few laps, but everybody was driving cleanly and exercising patience. Pitted on lap 9 for tires. Had plenty of fuel. Picked up a couple positions along the way to drivers who had gone off the track. Finished P6 with an 11-second gap ahead and 17-second gap behind. Five drivers DNF.

It might not be for everyone, but I loved it. More of this, please, PD!

In case anyone is wondering why it's taking so long for me to recover from this cold and get back into racing:

It turns out that I've been taking two over-the-counter medications that shouldn't be taken together, and that explains why I can't get a clear enough head to start racing again. To quote Dr. Google, the side effects of taking these together are:

"...dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating." Check.

"Some people, especially the elderly [Me] may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination." Check.

"...avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery..." Check.

By the way, it took me 20 minutes to type this out, even with the copying and pasting I did. :boggled:

Also agree... Having played 2 races already they get quite long by the end.... 15 laps would be better on gr3... Maybe 20 on gr2 but with dynamic weather would make a better experience
I felt exactly the same way, it's a longer race but without anything more happening, it feels like it needs something to mix it up, weather that is multiple tyre compounds (I normally don't like those because they favour certain cars or players on wheel who can run longer on the softest tyre) or variable weather and time of day since this is one of the few 'premium' circuits with that option. It's a little frustrating that this game can do some much yet so little of that potential is used in the daily races, credit to PD for trying something different even if it hasn't worked at the first attempt.

On a different subject last week was surprisingly fun once I found a decent setup for the 911 (in the end I used Wind's suspension tune and toned down the diff to be less aggressive):

Thanks to Watkins Glen I got my 50 races sport trophy. Completed it in 3 days and got like 23 top 5 finishes. Will do Spa this week woohoo.

If I race it is usually like 3 to 4 race B or two race C in an evening. With C this week, it would be one race. I like the idea but for those that DR hunt, the ability to gain/lose is more limited per hour. If this is an experiment, then I would would also wish they experiment with the DR calculation so the results have the same equivalent DR gain per hour irrespectively of daily. That would mean the DR calc would have a multiplier. A (20 min slot) would be x1, B (20 min slot) would be x1 but could be a 30 minute slot at x1.5 , and C would be (40 minute slot) x2 and (60 minute slot) x3.
Interesting thoughts though I am on the fence for this one. This may on one hand prevent people from quitting the longer races but may also discourage people from joining those long races at all due to the risk of 2-3x DR loss if they have a bad race.

I felt exactly the same way, it's a longer race but without anything more happening, it feels like it needs something to mix it up, weather that is multiple tyre compounds (I normally don't like those because they favour certain cars or players on wheel who can run longer on the softest tyre) or variable weather and time of day since this is one of the few 'premium' circuits with that option. It's a little frustrating that this game can do some much yet so little of that potential is used in the daily races, credit to PD for trying something different even if it hasn't worked at the first attempt.

On a different subject last week was surprisingly fun once I found a decent setup for the 911 (in the end I used Wind's suspension tune and toned down the diff to be less aggressive):

Hey there, didn’t realise you are on GTP too. Defo agree that 2 mandate tyre compounds or weather would make it slightly more interesting. Though longer race is indeed a good start for something different and can’t wait to do an actual race tomorrow.

Loved the C

The race was clean, patience and skill used. There were periods of mixing it up, of solitary lapping and finding rhythm, partnerships and chases. And after all that, split second differences for the top 3.

Not only that, afterwards in the lobby, so many people were complimenting and thanking each other.

Today was fun.

Last edited:
Would LOVE a time of day change...was the coolest part about the last special race they did at the 'Ring (think it was during the last round of WS races). Started at night and drove into the light. 👍

Had a weird physics thing I wanted to mention...break out your calculators.😁 I kid, it's more related to car behavior and I'm hoping someone can tell me what I did wrong. At DF in the WRX I lightened the diff settings, but not completely, and noticed the car started to bog mid-exit on the final turn:

Any thoughts/inputs welcome. Took the Bugatti instead so never figured it out.:cheers:

20 laps at Suzuka?! Sign me up! I did my first session of practice in the Huracan as there was a GTWS race here and that was the car I used. After I my run I got a time of 2:00.7XX. The Huracan is stable enough for me to handle, but it gets a bit wild at times. I switched to the Porsche and got my time to 2:00.6XX. An easier car to contol to make laps in and I'll be using that for the race. I'm bleeding tons of time in Spoon and I think I can get close to a 1:59.XXX once I figure it out. I also only plan on doing 1 race per night as 2 40+ minute races are a bit much for me to do.

Hopefully PD look at the numbers and realise what a terrible idea tuning in sport mode is.

I assume they're probably trying to keep Group 3 and Group 4 fresh but ultimately these categories have been re-used for over six years without that many new additions. Some cars are several generations old, like the 458.

They need to add new categories, or at least use unused cars - instead of using the same combinations.

I put some qualifying laps in on daily race, C, and got into the 1:59s, but I don’t have time for a race now as the next one is in 50 minutes. I think that’s going to be the problem with daily race being at hourly intervals. It takes a huge commitment, which I don’t typically have in the evening.

IMG_7797.jpeg

IMG_7796.jpeg

As for the car, the AMG is fast around here but it has a temperament that wants to kill you.. :D

Music Video Horror GIF by Polyvinyl Records

Time to try some other cars.

Last edited:
Loving Suzuka and I’m a huge fan of long races.. let’s you get in a nice rhythm. I definitely gotta work on my qualifying time Im at a 2:00.6 In my 458.. I can definitely get in the 1:59 though just gotta sort some turns out. I qualified 8th and took 7th so it was cool for my first race of the night. I will have more free time tomorrow can’t wait!

Last edited:
I actually did the 11pm race with the m6. Started in 3rd but mistakes and some rough driving from the mid pack had me running dead last for much of the race. In the end I came in 13th, second to last car running. I was bored by lap 15 when I was still last, 1 min back from the leader and 24s back from the next car in front, but I stuck with it.

I don’t think I’ll continue with the M6. Side note it does not need to be refueled. I finished with 0.8 lap remaining. Of course I was slow….

Last edited:
I put some qualifying laps in on daily race, C, and got into the 1:59s, but I don’t have time for a race now as the next one is in 50 minutes. I think that’s going to be the problem with daily race being at hourly intervals. It takes a huge commitment, which I don’t typically have in the evening.
Problem with Race C and limited time is not the length of the race but that I can't just hop online and play. This wouldn't normally an issue if Race B wasn't so silly with the 3 laps lol I actually think Gr. 4 isn't bad at Spa even though the track isn't ideal since it's so long. Two more laps and this could be great. I always wonder if the lap times in groups C or D or how far down it goes are so slow that they would miss out on the next race if it were longer and that is why we all only get 3 laps.

I think race b could grow on me this week! Well, it will have to seeing as I don’t race A or C! I almost had a win yesterday against a supra who wasn’t as fast as my 458 but only for a 0.5 pen on the second but last lap had him win by 6tenths. I’m resigned to not being too invested this week but I’ll liken it to a Sunday drive around Belgium in a Ferrari (in the dry🤣)

Back