GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,713 comments
Probably my best drive in the month of Feb - Led the whole way in an A lobby at Bathurst in the McLaren. The whole race was all about getting away, not making any error and maintaining a >0.750s gap between myself and any of chasing Genesis’.

Race time wasn’t great (Best race lap was high 2:01), but being slow and steady seems to be the way, at least on this track.

IMG-8569.jpg

IMG-8570.jpg

@Tigerhawk87 feel free to add me too.

Just had my first crack at today’s GTWS Nations cup race. It was interesting (read Demolition Derby)! Started 4th but finished 11th due to multiple puntings. I even had someone punt me on the qualifying out lap!! Why?!? 😂

Last edited:
I may eventually have to start participating in the GTWS events if things don't get better for me with the daily races. I wish I had more patience but I am who I am.

@AdxRE nice job on your win at Bathhurst today. I might do a couple races there, idk yet.

Having done a 100 miles or so trying to better GV, I rocked up to the nations penultimate spot with zero practice.

Qualified 9th and looked at the times and thought yeah you can tell I haven't sweated it. Its a 10 lap race so get in the groove and avoid the drama in the mid pack (the front guys are loooong gone after the esses)

Lap 5 assisted off in to the outer gravel. I couldn't have given the person more room if I tried but even with me wheel on the grass and they have the inside line I'm shown the gravel.

Hmmmm this week is not favouring me at all. Id lie if I said I can't put down times at them but I definitely cannot race them and don't enjoy the racing of this selection of tracks, horses for courses and everyone's mileage varies. But I only have my own horses and mileage to worry about 🤣

After probably half a year now in DR B suddenly I'm smoking in race B. Got a great QT of 1:09:441, 258 on the leaderboard, and got thrown into a race with me P6 on the grid - P1 had position 17 on the leaderboard. And I was not rubbish, I was finding myself on place 4 on lap 3, and then did a 360 in the tunnel down to T1. Figures.

Now 20% DR A, I have no idea why I suddenly can drive, but I bet you all that in another two weeks or so I'm back to mid-high DR B.

It's something with this track that just works for me.

I may eventually have to start participating in the GTWS events if things don't get better for me with the daily races. I wish I had more patience but I am who I am.

@AdxRE nice job on your win at Bathhurst today. I might do a couple races there, idk yet.
Give it a try, it’s only 10 laps, with no pit stops, so only 20 minutes or so. Plus you usually get a decent payout at the end of the series.
Manufacturers Cup is even better as you get free race cars when you sign for the manufacturer of your choice. 😁 I didn’t realise this the first time I entered, so picked Porsche, already owning their Gr3 & 4 cars. 🤦‍♂️

I had another crack at todays Nations Cup race, after the disaster of the first effort. Managed to qualify 4th, had a clean start, passed 3rd and gapped the chasing pack early on. Had a good clean race with 2nd, swapping places cleanly a couple of times, but ultimately he was faster, so I finished 3rd, and I’m cool with that. 😎🥉

Bring on the Cappuccinos in round 2!😁😂

Last edited:
Give it a try, it’s only 10 laps, with no pit stops, so only 20 minutes or so. Plus you usually get a decent payout at the end of the series.
Manufacturers Cup is even better as you get free race cars when you sign for the manufacturer of your choice. 😁 I didn’t realise this the first time I entered, so picked Porsche, already owning their Gr3 & 4 cars. 🤦‍♂️

I had another crack at todays Nations Cup race, after the disaster of the first effort. Managed to qualify 4th, had a clean start, passed 3rd and gapped the chasing pack early on. Had a good clean race with 2nd, swapping places cleanly a couple of times, but ultimately he was faster, so I finished 3rd, and I’m cool with that. 😎🥉

Good, well I need to fix and adjust my schedule in order to start fitting it in. See the daily races do get boring after racing for so many years, but the fun never gets old though no matter how old I am.

Initially I would agree but the more I race it I'm beginning to think it's brilliant. However it is a very technical track that suits the expert racer. It is not for beginners or intermediates which is why many may hate it. For the cars around me (A/A+) they were all nailing it.

Mastering the bend in the tunnel, which requires precise use of light brake and accelerator alternatively or even at the same time (my feet are pretty active though there) into the left hander that is an increasing radius turn. If you, continue to brake too much, you'll over rotate into the cliff face, or not brake enough and head off into the sand. You need to find the right spot to let the car off the brakes, coast momentarily, then a quick dap of gas before braking again to set up for the right hander. You can do all this in third, or go 3rd > 2nd > 3rd > 2nd > 3rd.
Definitely agree with you on this. I'm in A+/A lobbies and have had nothing but clean races. Everyone has been very respectful but at the same time racing HARD!!!

I have even pulled off an overtake through the tunnel but you need to be completely alongside the other car and give plenty of space on the outside, but it can be done! It is not a corner for divebombs which is where a lot of the carnage is coming from I imagine.

But yes I can understand this circuit being carnage in the lower lobbies because as you said it is a very technical course with very precise throttle and brake inputs required. Plus I remember being in those lower DR ranks and the mentality from most being 'I need to overtake at every corner!' whether it is a good place for it or not. Part of learning the craft of racing and what makes the higher lobbies a lot cleaner is that you need to learn when to overtake and when not to and more importantly when to back out to create a better opportunity for yourself later on.

It was a rough crowd in B tonight with one a-hole who murdered me putting me last claiming it wasn’t him in post race lobby when in the replay it clearly was.

3 races, first was 8th due to a 2s penalty for punting someone off track which was hilarious because they hit the cliff after the tunnel, instantly stopped in front of me, and I hit them, punching them across the road, but they didn’t even go off track. They got a one and a half second penalty for hitting the cliff, I got a two second penalty for punting them. So unfair.

Second was a cleaner 5th and the last ended up 14th, after being taken out be a certain Hitman while in 4th. Called it quits there.

Well I'm having to take a small break tonight and tomorrow. I got real tense yesterday at Grand Valley. I kept getting punted and run into by some aggressive drivers. I got 2 penalties in Race 8, one that was worth 1 second and another that was worth 2. I almost ran into the wall near the penalty line on Lap 5.

So I think I need to refresh my mind and maybe do some other activities like crossword puzzles to get away from the daily races for a little while, or at least take a rest from it. I can only handle so much carnage on the track before I just get upset and explode in anger/frustration!

I mean don't most of you feel the same way. Still I think they could have made the turn after the tunnel easier, idk who designed this track but it has an awkward shape and there are some tough blind corners to pass. I don't like it TBH.

Last edited:

come and say hello in the GTWS discussion

Last edited:
How much you want to bet that most people in the next couple years will get tired of the boring daily races and switch to the Manufacturer's Cup? And the GTWS series. But PD's staff are human and no one can ever create the perfect game! Even in racing.

Last edited:
Three races at the mountain yesterday and although i was starting in the back of lobbies that i probably shouldn't have been in, i was able to gain a place or two and had fun.

This morning I'm starting at the front end of lobbies that match my pace muth better. I have moved up or down a place in each race but maintaining podium positions and having some reallygreat racing. When you are lucky enough to be with other people who understand the track, the mountain can be such a fun track to race on. In my opinion....

Three races at the mountain yesterday and although i was starting in the back of lobbies that i probably shouldn't have been in, i was able to gain a place or two and had fun.

This morning I'm starting at the front end of lobbies that match my pace muth better. I have moved up or down a place in each race but maintaining podium positions and having some reallygreat racing. When you are lucky enough to be with other people who understand the track, the mountain can be such a fun track to race on. In my opinion....
I'm with you - been some fine racing there so far. A couple of races got a bit fruity yesterday, where I think there was a bit of history from some earlier races, but I managed to avoid getting tangled up in it!

I've been starting anywhere from 12th place downwards, but have managed a couple of P2 finishes - been using the RCZ, which seems to be the most stable of the rear engined cars at the top of the mountain. It's also very fast on the start of the climb up the mountain, but seems to run out of puff nearer the top! Handling doesn't change too much with tyre wear either, certainly not as much as some cars I've seen in the races.

Any word on the new BoP numbers yet?

Edit:

There are now three sets of BoP numbers (high speed, low speed, medium speed) so the cars are going to vary more. This could be very exciting! I’m going to be doing some experimenting for sure, if only they’d have better races this week. :banghead:

No word yet on if there are changes to Gr4, but one can hope.

Edit 2: @Moose78 got me while I was editing!

Last edited:
Any word on the new BoP numbers yet?

Edit:

There are now three sets of BoP numbers (high speed, low speed, medium speed) so the cars are going to vary more. This could be very exciting! I’m going to be doing some experimenting for sure, if only they’d have better races this week. :banghead:

No word yet on if there are changes to Gr4, but one can hope.
Big changes to both! Lots and lots of changes, not sure I have ever seen this many adjustments in one patch. Maybe 1.31, not sure. Going to be a huge meta shakeup in both groups.

I see what you did there @Robster UK 🤣

Nice, very nice! 😎

Also...

1709211268787.png

** Update **

Another also:

1709213741142.jpeg

What's funny is you beat my previous time by 0:007 and then, just now, I went 0:007 ahead of you 😵‍💫 We couldn't repeat the same set of events even if we tried 100 more times, I hope 😅

Last edited:
come and say hello in the GTWS discussion

Just did myself - was a surprisingly good race (Slot #2 at least) for me in GT1. Confused on how the McLaren Gr.4 handled on Suzuka though.

Another also:

View attachment 1332660

What's funny is you beat my previous time by 0:007 and then, just now, I went 0:007 ahead of you 😵‍💫 We couldn't repeat the same set of events even if we tried 100 more times, I hope 😅
Will join the fun and give this a try later today - but from my experience in TT I am awfully bad in this track config!

I'm with you - been some fine racing there so far. A couple of races got a bit fruity yesterday, where I think there was a bit of history from some earlier races, but I managed to avoid getting tangled up in it!

I've been starting anywhere from 12th place downwards, but have managed a couple of P2 finishes - been using the RCZ, which seems to be the most stable of the rear engined cars at the top of the mountain. It's also very fast on the start of the climb up the mountain, but seems to run out of puff nearer the top! Handling doesn't change too much with tyre wear either, certainly not as much as some cars I've seen in the races.
May I ask did you guys go for the common 4 laps on RM then 6 laps on RS strategy or something else?

Last edited:
I am really getting annoyed now! 5th race out of 6 which has been ruined by ass-hats who don't care about racing etiquette! What's even the point of trying to set a decent time when you will just be taken out?!

This time I started in P4 and on lap 2 I get slammed from P5 exiting the tunnel, into the gravel and with damage to boot. Obviously, he just drives off without a care in the world and no penalty from PD! I fall down to P6 or P7 and obviously frustrated..

Lap 3 I barely touch the track limits and get a 0.5s penalty so I fall down to P10. Of course, more drivers make contact with me to overtake me as this is all happening but after calming my frustration, I made the most of the final 2 laps and finish in P8 after making 2 smart (at least, I think they were :D) overtakes.

What was unexpected is that my SR was not affected and my DR actually went up?! Not complaining at this point, a small win is still a win but I am annoyed, extremely annoyed...

On the other hand, hopped into 2nd account and it wasn't the win which I loved, but a nice, clean and close battle with P2 for the first 3 laps! Unfortunately, he lost it on his own on Lap 4 but after the race, was nice to be acknowledged for driving as you should! 😀

1709223976519.jpeg
1709223986584.jpeg

I am really getting annoyed now! 5th race out of 6 which has been ruined by ass-hats who don't care about racing etiquette! What's even the point of trying to set a decent time when you will just be taken out?!

This time I started in P4 and on lap 2 I get slammed from P5 exiting the tunnel, into the gravel and with damage to boot. Obviously, he just drives off without a care in the world and no penalty from PD! I fall down to P6 or P7 and obviously frustrated..

Lap 3 I barely touch the track limits and get a 0.5s penalty so I fall down to P10. Of course, more drivers make contact with me to overtake me as this is all happening but after calming my frustration, I made the most of the final 2 laps and finish in P8 after making 2 smart (at least, I think they were :D) overtakes.

What was unexpected is that my SR was not affected and my DR actually went up?! Not complaining at this point, a small win is still a win but I am annoyed, extremely annoyed...

On the other hand, hopped into 2nd account and it wasn't the win which I loved, but a nice, clean and close battle with P2 for the first 3 laps! Unfortunately, he lost it on his own on Lap 4 but after the race, was nice to be acknowledged for driving as you should! 😀

View attachment 1332704 View attachment 1332705

The new TT will tide me over until next weeks dailies I think for the remainder of the week.

I just don't think Gr4 cars work at any of the GV layouts personally.

And completely my personal opinion, I just don't like the canyon chaser feel to for racing generally.

The new TT will tide me over until next weeks dailies I think for the remainder of the week.

I just don't think Gr4 cars work at any of the GV layouts personally.

And completely my personal opinion, I just don't like the canyon chaser feel to for racing generally.
I feel the same as you but I'm just too invested into the event right now to just quit 🤣 My sense of pride and persistence will not allow me to quit, even if it kills me 😵‍💫⚰️😝

At least had another good result just now! 2/2 wins :)

1709227663991.jpeg
1709227675656.jpeg

Last edited:
Back