GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,115 comments
Looks like there will be a bit to grind through before we can get into Daillies, it will be interesting to see how that plays out and affects online numbers in the first week or so.

I haven't read too much review wise I don't want to spoil as much as possible but I'm hoping for more races available per week than just the current 3 with some emphasis on race styles rather than just a slow car / Gr 3 / Gr 4 selection and yes I'm definitely curious to see how they will handle tuning and parts because I do intend to create some wacky monstrosities (or as wild as allowed anyway) and I would like to enter them into the official races if possible!

With the new game coming out today, which Daily Races will you do first? What will they be? What would you like to see done with the dailies in GT7? I can’t wait to see how PP’s shake up the Gr system, and the tuning. Happy GT7 day everyone!! 🍻
I think the bigger question at launch is how quickly do people unlock online multiplayer? According to @Famine's FAQ you have to finish 9 Menu Books first.

I'm also very curious about PD's statement on their Future Updates page:

"・Improvements to the penalty algorithm and overall quality of online races"

Appropriately cryptic and tantalizingly vague. Now, I'm really curious to see what they do with it and how long they wait to drop that update.

Here's the Manual page for Daily Races, doesn't look like much has changed - https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/manual/sportmode/02

Also I think the FIA races are now called League races/World Series.

Leagues​

In Sport mode, both the Gran Turismo World Series Nations Cup ('GT WS Nations Cup') and the Gran Turismo World Series Manufacturers Cup ('GT WS Manufacturers Cup') feature leagues.....

Aside from the GT WS Nations Cup and the GT WS Manufacturers Cup, there will be other league-based championships to enter.

・GT1 League / Driver Rating (DR): S, A+, A
・GT2 League / Driver Rating (DR): B
・GT3 League / Driver Rating (DR): C, D, E

Aside from the GT WS Nations Cup and the GT WS Manufacturers Cup, there will be other league-based championships to enter.

This is really interesting to me, looking forward to seeing how it works. As a high C/Low B tier player normally it's always felt like Nations and Manu were nice experiences but I didn't really have anything to compete for or feel involved in, and I wanted a solution for that in GT7, looks like we're going to get it.

I'd love to see small scale sorting for championships so as a B tier driver for example you're competing against the same say 40-50 people (to cover those who stop competing or only do some events) and can see who was the winner from your group at the end (with credits or car prizes perhaps for those in the final whatever number).

Anything's better than just some vague ranking somewhere in the thousands which obviously means nothing to us mere mortals not competing at the top.

"Daily Races will start from Friday, 4 March on two channels, 'Daily Race A' and 'Daily Race B.' 'Daily Race C' will start from Monday, 14 March following a game update. Please note that the Daily Races will be updated at irregular intervals."

Very interesting. Now I'm really interested to know what's in that first update patch.

Race A: 147HP or less @ High Speed Ring
Race B: 295HP or less @ Deep Forest Raceway
Race C: N/A

From Super GT's stream.
Those first two dailies are interesting.

Might touch both of those dailies when I get the chance so I can witness doing a Daily Race on those two iconic GT tracks.

Super GT with a thrilling sneak peak at what awaits Gt7 daily racers
A012A3F9-2FA7-4CD1-90B2-D250E5B280A2.jpeg

Leagues
In Sport mode, both the Gran Turismo World Series Nations Cup ('GT WS Nations Cup') and the Gran Turismo World Series Manufacturers Cup ('GT WS Manufacturers Cup') feature leagues.....

This is hilariously bad, the difference between DR A and A+ is bigger than the difference between DR D and A. Guess I'll just tank my DR down to B before the start of the season so I don't have to race against the Igor Fraga's of the world. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back