GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,109 comments
it's like getting a higher kill death ratio in CoD than a cheater.
If the cheater is on your team, you run around after and flashbang the crap out of him - and if they're camping, you put claymores down pointing at him as well. Plus two team-kills from you and everyone in your party. Until they go the **** away.

Tolerating cheats enables them.

I've seen you going quite well on Race C this morning on the stream of Rory Alexander. Can't wait to go home from work tonight and go racing on C.
I had to put a show on for his stream this morning 🤣

It looks like I will be stuck at home most of this week (everyone working on public transport is on strike until the Tories pay them what they deserve), I'm happy the dailies will be fun!

If the cheater is on your team, you run around after and flashbang the crap out of him - and if they're camping, you put claymores down pointing at him as well. Plus two team-kills from you and everyone in your party. Until they go the **** away.

Tolerating cheats enables them.

Yeah that's fair enough I was thinking more the cheater being on the opposing team but flashbang the bejesus out of them for sure.

zjn
Are you saying that you want to be like a wife/girlfriend with a nerfed storage? 😜
My wife is literally like this. She has a fantastic memory, and she remembers things back to when she was 2 or 3 years old. She's slightly older than I am, so that's a pretty nerfed storage right there. Needless to say, I don't win arguments with her. In fact, the only time I argue is when I just want to have a little fun.

But yeah, like that. 😂

Without being specific... :sly: I don't get why people even attempt to drive fairly around these "meme" players.

Everyone knows who they are, and that they're only out there to grief people; they're being enabled by people letting them race until they start to grief people. It's inevitable that they will - you say so yourself in the video - so why let them have a fair race until they do?

If everyone else pre-emptively took them out in every race they're in, they'd either soon learn their behaviour isn't tolerated or they just wouldn't be able to do this kind of late-race wankery because they'd be touring round at the back after digging themselves out of gravel eleven times.

Sure, you'd get a penalty for it (although given how crazy the penalty system is, they might get the penalty instead), but you all race clean and fair enough that it won't affect you in the long-run. And yes, it wouldn't look fantastic taken out of context and dunked on a random YT channel, but everyone knows they are the tosser, not the victim.

Nobody anywhere would blame anyone for smacking tits like this about. In fact you could probably get a good video out of it yourself :lol:
Couldn't agree more. I don't understand the mindset of so many videos of super well know dirty drivers being dirty and trying to race them clean. I guess it's good content?

Take them out T1! Yea, you'll likely get a pen (hit them hard enough into a wall and they will too!) but you'll lose less time with the pen than you will when said dirty driver pushes you off causing you to spin out, hit the wall, get a pen yourself, dirty tires, etc. If everyone in the lobby did this, it would mitigate the issue. But, rarely does this happen. People walk on eggshells around said players and nothing changes.

Sometimes you gotta drop the gloves and deal with your 5:00 minute penalty. As a hockey player, done that many times and it's well worth it.

Wear happens, even with the online races. I did a ton of Race B with the 911. This morning, it needed an oil change. Last Monday, it was fine. I only raced the daily races last week. Wear might not affect the actual online races, but the cars STILL DO build wear from online racing.
I changed my oil, like 3 times last week for the 911.
Wear still builds up from running them in BoP lobbies/races etc. but it won't impact the performance of the car whilst under BoP conditions.
So you're saying I did not need to change my oil for peak performance in daily B? As I understanding it, once you've gone so many oil changes, that the engine then shows wear and needs a rebuild/replacement. Did I then damage my engine by too many unnecessary oil changes?

For this week's races, is there any weather for race B? Do I need to purchase IW or W tires? Rather save the $$ if I don't need to.

Last edited:
Without being specific... :sly: I don't get why people even attempt to drive fairly around these "meme" players.

Everyone knows who they are, and that they're only out there to grief people; they're being enabled by people letting them race until they start to grief people. It's inevitable that they will - you say so yourself in the video - so why let them have a fair race until they do?

If everyone else pre-emptively took them out in every race they're in, they'd either soon learn their behaviour isn't tolerated or they just wouldn't be able to do this kind of late-race wankery because they'd be touring round at the back after digging themselves out of gravel eleven times.

Sure, you'd get a penalty for it (although given how crazy the penalty system is, they might get the penalty instead), but you all race clean and fair enough that it won't affect you in the long-run. And yes, it wouldn't look fantastic taken out of context and dunked on a random YT channel, but everyone knows they are the tosser, not the victim.

Nobody anywhere would blame anyone for smacking tits like this about. In fact you could probably get a good video out of it yourself :lol:
I agree.

I had a race a couple of weeks ago, where I saw a driver who had a notorious reputation in GT Sport, but I hadn't seen at all in GT7.
Right away, I was thinking I needed to be careful when I got near him. At the same time, I have heard tales of chronically dirty drivers who have reformed, so I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, because like I said, I hadn't seen him in a long time.

Right away, I saw him shoving other cars out of his way. He's not really very good, so I caught up and tried to cleanly get by him, and drive away. Nope, he rammed me into a wall. He continued to do what he does. I later caught up again, and got a 5 second penalty for "taking out the trash".

He received plenty of vitriol in the post-race chat. He just replied "lol" to all the comments.

My take-away was a feeling of guilt for not doing exactly what you said. I should have put him out of commission immediately, because I knew who he was, and I'm sure most of the other drivers did not. I could have given my fellow competitors a chance to have a fair race. If I see him again, he'll be punted on sight. It's for everyone's benefit.

For any interested parties, he's an American who has the same name as this "Dukes of Hazzard" character:
Uncle_20Jesse_large.jpg

Last edited:
I changed my oil, like 3 times last week for the 911.

So you're saying I did not need to change my oil for peak performance in daily B? As I understanding it, once you've gone so many oil changes, that the engine then shows wear and needs a rebuild/replacement. Did I then damage my engine by too many unnecessary oil changes?
You didn't. But I wouldn't worry about engine wear honestly, it doesn't matter in BoP races and I've over 1000 hours in the game and I've not a single car with performance loss from engine degradation anyway. It seems like it's a bit of an overblown concern.

Running qualifying laps can affect wear.
Wear happens, even with the online races. I did a ton of Race B with the 911. This morning, it needed an oil change. Last Monday, it was fine. I only raced the daily races last week. Wear might not affect the actual online races, but the cars STILL DO build wear from online racing.
I’m pretty sure the wear only happens when we’re doing our time trial contests and such. Within a daily race itself, and during warmup laps on the clock, I don’t think we get any wear. I know that my 911 was fine until I started doing so many laps off the clock trying to beat people’s quali times. Then I had to replace the motte and body rigidity.
This is one group’s contention. I haven’t heard a definitive answer on whether it’s mileage or the number of oil cha he’s that triggers the need for a new engine. But I’ve stopped doing so many oil changes until I absolutely have to.
For any interested parties, he's an American who has the same name as this "Dukes of Hazzard" character:
Uncle_20Jesse_large.jpg
Someone’s screen name is Denver Pyle?!

I’m pretty sure the wear only happens when we’re doing our time trial contests and such. Within a daily race itself, and during warmup laps on the clock, I don’t think we get any wear. I know that my 911 was fine until I started doing so many laps off the clock trying to beat people’s quali times. Then I had to replace the motte and body rigidity.

This is one group’s contention. I haven’t heard a definitive answer on whether it’s mileage or the number of oil cha he’s that triggers the need for a new engine. But I’ve stopped doing so many oil changes until I absolutely have to.
Surely for the gr3 & gr4 cars it doesn't really matter - just run it into the ground, buy a new one if the engine blows up & scrap the old one. Unless people have sentimental attachements.

I suppose we will find out. Just changed the oil in the Cayman GT4 and I don't plan to run anymore practice/qualifying laps. I'm satisfied with my time and I don't feel the need to put that much effort into A

Been a while since I done a daily but as running in A does not affect SR/DR I thought i could give it a go as it will not influence my DR in the World Series.

first try i started second and got beat up. I forgot how hectic and filfthy these dailys can be. ended up in fifth and decided to give it one more go. Using the Audi which seems META here.

This time on pole with an English TT behind me. when we go to the chicane after the start he is closing in on me and I am waiting for the ine vitable thumb to my rear but he keeps it clean and stayes just behind me. A fair racer that does not ram you off, a rare sight these days!! In the next laps i slowly extent my lead and got myself a full house, pole, win, fastest lap and CRB

But more important; a new friend. Immideately sent a friend request after we thanked each other for the clean race and he accepted. Can't have enough of those!!!

PS; made a quick livery based on my favourite football team, to celebrate their win 4-1 yesterday, taking us out of the relagation zone, for at least two weeks that is.....

1679323408059.png

1679323432824.png

Couldn't agree more. I don't understand the mindset of so many videos of super well know dirty drivers being dirty and trying to race them clean. I guess it's good content?

Take them out T1! Yea, you'll likely get a pen (hit them hard enough into a wall and they will too!) but you'll lose less time with the pen than you will when said dirty driver pushes you off causing you to spin out, hit the wall, get a pen yourself, dirty tires, etc. If everyone in the lobby did this, it would mitigate the issue. But, rarely does this happen. People walk on eggshells around said players and nothing changes.

Sometimes you gotta drop the gloves and deal with your 5:00 minute penalty. As a hockey player, done that many times and it's well worth it.
quote-there-comes-a-time-in-every-man-s-life-when-he-s-consumed-by-the-desire-to-spit-on-his-h-l-mencken-57-56-74.jpg

So I just did some laps to QT on each race just to get on the board while my coffee was brewing this morning and boy are my times slow... I might race A but only because it is non DR.

I'm not very good at Spa and knew I would be off pace but man am I slow! Now of course @Nebuc72 is getting close to being an alien but still. I'd be lucky to improve by 2-3 seconds. How'd you find 9!!!
IMG_6324.jpeg

Race C I particularly hate. I don't like the reverse course and last time we were there it was a slaughter fest unless you were on pole. I might avoid that.

I'm having an issue with the G29 at Spa. I drive with sensitivity 5 and 10/10 for the torque settings and after I hit 155mph the steering starts to fight me (shake whilst going in a straight line). Why?

Best remedy was to go down to 7/7 but I'm not used to it, feels disconnected to me and hate it. Anything I can do?

I'm having an issue with the G29 at Spa. I drive with sensitivity 5 and 10/10 for the torque settings and after I hit 155mph the steering starts to fight me (shake whilst going in a straight line). Why?

Best remedy was to go down to 7/7 but I'm not used to it, feels disconnected to me and hate it. Anything I can do?

May it be the stability assist?

So I just did some laps to QT on each race just to get on the board while my coffee was brewing this morning and boy are my times slow... I might race A but only because it is non DR.

I'm not very good at Spa and knew I would be off pace but man am I slow! Now of course @Nebuc72 is getting close to being an alien but still. I'd be lucky to improve by 2-3 seconds. How'd you find 9!!!
View attachment 1241057

Race C I particularly hate. I don't like the reverse course and last time we were there it was a slaughter fest unless you were on pole. I might avoid that.
You can't be ding 2.12 at Spa. Trust the car, it has a ton of downforce, THROW it in, she will stick, if you enter too slow the aero stalls and you have less grip.

The right hander after the esses are vital, you should be FLAT BEFORE THE APEX of turn 14 (Campus) and keep it flat until the end of lap chicane. Also are you on the right tyre?

Last edited:
like neville said, trust the car. I am sitting good on that list (for now). There are some serious QT beasts in this forum but if I can do it, you can too. You can get on half, 3/4 throttle through nearly all those big apexes, carry, carry speed. (We'll see as the week goes on how my time holds up, it always fallllls.)

Genuinely don't get why some are so hesitant to race Group 2's, they have far more grip and are more forgiving than Group 3's, thing barely blinks going though Eau Rouge at full throttle.

You can't be ding 2.12 at Spa. Trust the car, it has a ton of downforce, THROW it in, she will stick, if you enter too slow the aero stalls and you have less grip.

I feel this is the asnwer, at least for me, I do know the theory, but still I completely underuse the aero / don't trust myself relying on the aero.
It's a quite subtle habit very difficult to remove, and applyes also to orher class (Gr1, F1-like)

It's starting to grate on me people aggressively blocking after a penalty. If you've picked a line then that's fine but it's the swerving in front of faster cars coming up behind that does my head in. I don't know why it's become far more common recently.

Genuinely don't get why some are so hesitant to race Group 2's, they have far more grip and are more forgiving than Group 3's, thing barely blinks going though Eau Rouge at full throttle.
Personally I find them too twitchy when trying to accelerate from lower speeds, and they don't have quite enough downforce for me to really enjoy driving them like I enjoy Gr.1 and up. I do like Spa though, so I'll be giving this race a go.

Back