GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,501 comments
First Daily Race B under the new physics. I think I got a good QT to start with.
1680178368726.png

Unfortunately, someone doesn't play well with others. What do you think of this incident? Short 11 second video:

It's no wonder everyone is saying the Supra might return to meta in the GR.3 (Haven't got to race new update yet) Looking at the PP changes on the GR.3 cars, it had the smallest drop of only 12 points. Where as the skyline received the largest PP drop of 41 points! Interesting though that the skyline didn't lose any HP or TQ from what I can tell and only a 22lb increase in weight.

4 cars did receive a HP and TQ increase - Ford GT LM T, '97 Supra, '99 GTR and M3. But the one I'm looking forward to trying when I get off work is the Vantage. They took away 41hp from her, but they also reduced the weight by 79lbs.

Where as, I'm concerned the BRZ might be dead in the water -14hp - 14.5tq and then +198lbs!!! So now the BRZ has only 450hp and is the 10th heaviest car in the gr.3 class at 2998lbs.

I'm torn on this update, I wanted a physics change and a BP update, but was really enjoying the parody on the leaderboards and in the GR.3 races... But, I haven't even tried it yet, so trying not to rush judgement.

Well…

I finally FINALLY found my jam in daily races, set a searing quick QT in a car I finally understood and a track I enjoy, get a few podiums and a win and then…. The biggest nerf that ever nerfed, my time gets wiped and the car I understand starts doing odd things and gets swamped by others…

Just to make my misery complete I get put in a lobby with A and A+ drivers just to compound the feelings of sudden and dramatic incompetence.

Where do I go now? I didn’t do too badly in the races despite a shunt in my second race putting me last, I did manage to fight my way through the field to manage a respectable position.

Why did they do it? Why this week? Why!!!!

Feeling like I don’t want to race again after putting that grind in earlier in the week only to have it thrown back in my face.

Disgust.
Yeah makes zero sense they did this mid week. Spent ages getting a 1.29.3x at brands hatch and now it's wiped and I have to start again, they really are clueless

It's no wonder everyone is saying the Supra might return to meta in the GR.3 (Haven't got to race new update yet) Looking at the PP changes on the GR.3 cars, it had the smallest drop of only 12 points. Where as the skyline received the largest PP drop of 41 points! Interesting though that the skyline didn't lose any HP or TQ from what I can tell and only a 22lb increase in weight.

4 cars did receive a HP and TQ increase - Ford GT LM T, '97 Supra, '99 GTR and M3. But the one I'm looking forward to trying when I get off work is the Vantage. They took away 41hp from her, but they also reduced the weight by 79lbs.

Where as, I'm concerned the BRZ might be dead in the water -14hp - 14.5tq and then +198lbs!!! So now the BRZ has only 450hp and is the 10th heaviest car in the gr.3 class at 2998lbs.

I'm torn on this update, I wanted a physics change and a BP update, but was really enjoying the parody on the leaderboards and in the GR.3 races... But, I haven't even tried it yet, so trying not to rush judgement.
It's a bummer because the Gr3 class has been the most balanced it's ever been IMO. Going to the leaderboards and watching Gr3 races there were a bunch of different cars being used/competing, and they seemed to change week-after-week.

Even for this week, at DT-R. Sure, the M6 was the most used car on the leaderboards, but the Jag, Mustang, RX-V, Porsche, and Supra were all competitive in the race. Now... who knows. I, too, hope it's not just a Supra fest like it was for so long followed by a GT-R fest.

they changed that too?! Christ, it already was slow and now it is going to be worse? The BRZ is usually what I go to when I am having 911 problems

they changed that too?! Christ, it already was slow and now it is going to be worse? The BRZ is usually what I go to when I am having 911 problems
yeah for sure. BRZ was my go-to car for handling circuits because of how manageable it was everywhere. It was already a dog in straight lines, might as well be a dead dog now.

Yeah makes zero sense they did this mid week. Spent ages getting a 1.29.3x at brands hatch and now it's wiped and I have to start again, they really are clueless
Don't want to defend PD, but
TT ends on Thu
Dailies end on Sun

Whatever day they choose to run an update, that impacts physics/BOP is going to change the game midway.

I may not like it, but understand it. And if I can choose I ruin the dailies by refreshing the boards, since the reward is determined by the actual race, than the TT where the result is coming from a two week effort to improve the time.

It's a bummer because the Gr3 class has been the most balanced it's ever been IMO. Going to the leaderboards and watching Gr3 races there were a bunch of different cars being used/competing, and they seemed to change week-after-week.

Even for this week, at DT-R. Sure, the M6 was the most used car on the leaderboards, but the Jag, Mustang, RX-V, Porsche, and Supra were all competitive in the race. Now... who knows. I, too, hope it's not just a Supra fest like it was for so long followed by a GT-R fest.
Yesterday in race c C/A ten different cars in top ten places, and it was fun, why on earth did they just cripple all the cars just like that?

zjn
Don't want to defend PD, but
TT ends on Thu
Dailies end on Sun

Whatever day they choose to run an update, that impacts physics/BOP is going to change the game midway.

I may not like it, but understand it. And if I can choose I ruin the dailies by refreshing the boards, since the reward is determined by the actual race, than the TT where the result is coming from a two week effort to improve the time.
Or they could just line everything up on Sunday night and implement updates in a dead period between ending and starting cycles.

Maybe I’m going mad, but it seems like I’m suddenly three seconds slower at Dragon Trail after the update. I have to relearn the chicken of death all over again! And I think the Porsche got nerfed too. It’s top speed has changed and the shifting points are very different than they were.

Edit: Ok, after checking the world leaders, they seem to be going slower too. A lot slower. Are we all relearning the physics now?

Was there a BoP update as well?
After about 8 laps, I've "improved" to being just 1.3 seconds slower than my previous best time for Race C 🤣 Progress!

I actually like the new physics, it's more demanding. It also seems to make controller driving better, but still prefer the wheel.

That being said, I think players with less accurate, less refined wheels (like me with the G29 vs Fanatec) are in for a more difficult time as this new mode requires true precision and feel in wheel and pedal input, something which obviously entry level wheel sets don't have the greatest..

Last edited:
・Controls for the Active Stability Management have been adjusted. The amount of intervention when oversteering has been increased to improve stability;

Be interesting to see how this affects everyone I've seen using the ASM on qualifying runs. I couldn't ever find any time by turning it on. But if they are increasing the effects I have a feeling it will make it less of an advantage for the folks that could find some speed in it.

Maybe I’m going mad, but it seems like I’m suddenly three seconds slower at Dragon Trail after the update. I have to relearn the chicken of death all over again! And I think the Porsche got nerfed too. It’s top speed has changed and the shifting points are very different than they were.

Edit: Ok, after checking the world leaders, they seem to be going slower too. A lot slower. Are we all relearning the physics now?

Was there a BoP update as well?
yep, at least 1.5 seconds slower this morning for me. I also swithced to the toyota to get that close. I'm sure I can get it closer with some more laps. In spite of it, I started P5 in a mixed lobby, with about 5 drivers not qualifying. (Finished P4!!!)

Whats the big fuss about and what’s changed? 🤣

Done some laps on Daily C TT in the M6 Endurance and so far it doesn’t feel any different to me so far. My lap time is currently 1.5 seconds slower but the handling feels pretty good. Will try other cars and what not later, but I think it’s pretty good so far.

Done a race just now and what a mess lap 1 was. Had the car behind trying to send it into the COD (survived that just but got a 1.5 pen), then on the fast right, left, right, a car just turned right into me then as I’m slow trying to get back up to speed I couldn’t go anywhere at this point as I just regained control and another car (full throttle had time to lifted) tries to pass and we just go off. Few laps later I catch the pack up and the person who ran me off pushed me off track again. I had the final laugh on the next lap at the COD when he crashed just in front of me. Honestly baffles me how people race. They either don’t understand where and how to overtake and they just leave there foot planted to the floor and hope for the best.
As for a comparison race pace a little slower and looks like the M6 is 4/6 split now rather than 5/5. Looking at the tyres at the end of 5 laps on soft, I reckon I could maybe squeeze 7 laps, but not sure on pace though on that extra lap.

Good little comparison here of the fast laps from Tuesday to today. Would assume these time might come down a little
4D031094-5C43-405D-AFC3-759A3CBBD937.jpegC7CA849F-C311-4B7D-8FDD-F8FDC692B7DD.jpeg

Whats the big fuss about and what’s changed? 🤣

Done some laps on Daily C TT in the M6 Endurance and so far it doesn’t feel any different to me so far. My lap time is currently 1.5 seconds slower but the handling feels pretty good.
Are we playing the same game? I found it barely driveable, the brake marker entering T2 at seaside used to be the beginning of the rumble strip, now it's..... it's damn well closer tot he start/finish line! The cars won't turn, like at all. They don't stop.

I don't find traction to be a huge issue but the handling otherwise is absolutely ABYSMAL, i can't drive em, like at all. I am 6,7,8 seconds a lap slower. It's like it's broken.

Are we playing the same game? I found it barely driveable, the brake marker entering T2 at seaside used to be the beginning of the rumble strip, now it's..... it's damn well closer tot he start/finish line! The cars won't turn, like at all. They don't stop.

I don't find traction to be a huge issue but the handling otherwise is absolutely ABYSMAL, i can't drive em, like at all. I am 6,7,8 seconds a lap slower. It's like it's broken.
Are you on controller. Supposedly how the controller works changed a lot. I think there was no change to wheel handling.

Last edited:

I've found that the Gr.3 cars now need TCS 2 with the X button accelerator.

Also on controller here, but it didn't seem toooo bad this morning. Other than being slower, but it looks like that is mostly universal? I had a pretty decent QT in both the M4 and RC yesterday and was alternating between them (and enjoying driving something different). Tried both this morning, started at about 4 seconds off previous QT, then got to about 2 seconds. Switched to the Supra and got within 1.5, with some more to get.

I drive with the brake area highlighted but really use curbs,boards, etc for braking where I can. I use the brake area for depth perception and something to see approaching the corner. But today, those areas were MUCH longer than yesterday. It might have thrown me off for several laps unitl I adjusted.

Hopefully, it is just something to adapt to as I'm sure everyone will eventually. And hopefully we won't be back to only one or two Gr.3 cars competitive, that will really be a step backwards.

Edit. This is Race C Gr.3; I haven't tried BRands yet. Is it radically different after the update?

Last edited:

I don't find traction to be a huge issue but the handling otherwise is absolutely ABYSMAL, i can't drive em, like at all. I am 6,7,8 seconds a lap slower. It's like it's broken
I was going to ask are you on controller but seen you replied in a later message that you are.
Yeah I’ve heard a few saying that they are struggling with controller. Also they saying the tyres die quickly on controller too.

I think for me it just suits my driving style. Corner exits are one of my weak points, just don’t understand how some were on the power so early, but I heard a few saying that on corner exits you can’t plant your foot like you did, so I guess it kinda favoured me a little

Back