GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,478 comments
The Chaparral 2J at Monza sans chicane is quite fun. It feels intense all the time, at least for the first few races.

There's a guy who launches past everyone at the start from the back of the grid. This happened in all three races I saw him. I kept forgetting to save the replay to check how he's doing it. If everyone has figured out how to launch like that, I'd love to hear about it.
Yeah it is intense. This is like the Mach 5, it is shaped just like it almost. I wonder if I can handle it with the TCS set to 2? I'm relieved they took that extra chicane off, that takes a load off my stress level!

Last edited:
Ahh, I see the pun intended there. That reminds me of the Samba Bus races at Alsace-Test Course back in October. That was a blast too.

I believe we had this exact combo (Gr.3 + Spa + RM) 2 weeks ago for Daily C (No Setup). Though it was dynamics weather so most didn't get to use RM for too long.
The daily C with weather and 20 laps was gr3 no? That's the race I was referring to.
I thought I had said that we haven't had this combination for Daily Race B, but if I left that out, sorry because that's what I meant.

There's a group of people (myself included) who don't race Daily Race C, so for us, this is new and exciting. The only downside is that a lot of people already have experience with this combination because of C a few weeks ago, so I'm sure it'll feel like I missed a few weeks of school. Wait, what? I never "missed" school even when I missed it!
Plus the BoP regulations makes it hard too because you can't drive as fast as you want to plus the penalty system is strict too but it's needed to regulate the races so.
I wouldn't worry about the BoP, but yes, the penalty system can be atrocious.
So, let's all work together to make this a better place.
I think this forum is a good place, but we can all do better for sure.
And don't worry too much about your progress, as long as you have fun with the game. Or, the other way around: you'll have a lot more fun if you dont't care too much about progress and ratings.
Agree 100%, which may sound funny coming from me (because I'm so DR-focused), but it's the truth.

I actually like Race B this week as it gives us another chance to enjoy one of the best car/tyre/track combos in GT7. Though I wouldn’t mind racing other cars (Gr.2, Touring cars etc) on Spa!

Jumping back to my trusty McLaren which actually did alright at the last Spa Daily Race after the nerf. Again based my setup heavily on Praiano’s with minor adjustments (Setup in the description of my video below) - I didn’t really gain any time vs stock setup but I found the car nicer to drive and more consistent in race trim.

Managed 2:16.684 in QT so about the same as the last Daily. I reckon there is another 2-tenth in it but I am not anywhere close to the 2018 GTRs (Seems to be the meta this week) anyways.

@GOTMAXPOWER Saw you currently at 5th at the Global leaderboard for Race A QT - well done!

@Chris30 I think it is always reasonable to aim high and improve and you certainly put in a lot of hard work in both Dailies and Time Trials. Just don’t rush and take a break if needed (I personally found myself overdriving the car and laps much slower when I am frustrated/tired) and keep taking in others advices and learning from others replays etc. Always remember to try to go slower to go faster - always get your lines right before picking up speed and start pushing.

@GrumpyOldMan Gotcha - let’s enjoy Race B while it lasts 🙂

Last edited:
Hi, all -
Been lurking here for a good part of a year after getting in gt7. Thought I'd make my first post. I play Sport mode primarily and am a middling DR B / SR S driver. Usually like playing the Gr 4 races and drive the Lancer too much. Just wanted to say Hi - I was able to race about 20 times last week on Deep Forest (which is quite a good amount for me) and had a great time - I think almost every race was hard-fought and intense.

Hey everyone. Look I really need to get this off my chest. I've had a rough week. My mom was sick from taking an antibiotic so I had to help her with extra cooking and some chores around the house so I had to cut my gt7 time a bit. I was only able to do 15 SSRX races and 24 Deep Forest ones, bringing it a total of 39 races this week.

Anyways my DR and SR have not changed and I'll show the screenshot.

View attachment 1346716

Anyways I started back with GT back in June 2021, so it's been almost 3 years, and I'm still somewhat having trouble getting in the professional group and higher rankings when I put in at least 3-4 hours a day qualifying, running laps around the track. Please try to be patient with me and not be critical and harsh. I try to paly by the rules. I made a comment the other day that the Veyron sucks, and I guess Glen and some others took offense to it. I didn't mean any harm.

People don't understand what I have to go through, I've had a lot of difficult challenges in my life due to my autism and asburgers. During school and daily things around the house, etc. I've finished 950 races and I've only gotten 4 wins. In GT sport I did a total of 951. So, overall ina 26 motnh period, I've finished 1,851 races with a total of 41 wins. That is not a drop in the bucket. I was expecting 100 wins at least, but nope. The usual.

From now on I'll be careful what I say before I post it here. I cannot believe my DR and SR has not changed that much in a 6-month period. I am absolutely exhausted from the situation with my life and gt7. But this is much better than NFS and Forza. I'll try to be more patient with all the Group 3/4 cars we have but it's frustrating when I test a car out and it doesn't give me the lap time I need. I have to restart many times to perfect each lap, it's a full-time job! Then I get drowsy half the time and I make errors during my races. It's annoying as hell.

Plus the BoP regulations makes it hard too because you can't drive as fast as you want to plus the penalty system is strict too but it's needed to regulate the races so. So, let's all work together to make this a better place. I hope this week I can grab some wins if I work hard enough. I was also raised by narcissistic parents so I'm kind of selfish sometimes but I can't help it, I'm sorry.

Sorry for the long rant, but I'm frustrated and upset right now. It's like everything I try gets blocked or backfires.

Let me all know if you get my message. Thanks,
Chris
I have an idea for something that you may find helpful.
It is something that helped me back in the GT Sport days.

How about you and I join a private lobby with voice chat, and we can drive together while talking about fixing some of the things that you want to improve? If we can have a live conversation while on the track, I can give you immediate feedback and recommend some corrective actions that you may not have considered yet.

I can make myself available for you anytime on most Wednesdays and Thursdays. 👍

@Leon Kowalski Good to see you back man. I don't know how many in this thread have heard, but we lost Cranwick (@Cherryturbo ) to cancer. We are having a memorial race for him tomorrow using the RA272. You or anyone else are welcome to join. Just reply in the thread here.

Very sorry to hear this. Sorry again for missing the race.

Hey everyone. Look I really need to get this off my chest. I've had a rough week. My mom was sick from taking an antibiotic so I had to help her with extra cooking and some chores around the house so I had to cut my gt7 time a bit.
Hi Chris, whilst GT7 is fun and it's fun to race people and compete in a fun way with forum friends and stuff.

It's really important to make sure family and you come first in your life (that's a win worth a thousand in GT).

This is a place to talk and tease each other about a passion/game we all share time doing.

Please my friend never feel guilty for putting life and family first. They should always be your priority. You can always do another race but if your mom needs some assistance with the chores do them. And do them well and without fuss just like she does looking after and raising you.
I was only able to do 15 SSRX races and 24 Deep Forest ones, bringing it a total of 39 races this week.
Its quality not quantity that matters. This week you've done a lot of races, a hell of a lot of races and you're helping the family out and your mom. So again you won this week in my books...I forgot to take the trash out...and boy my wife wasn't happy. Please the people you see and genuinely don't worry about the races or us.

Family first, you first always.
Please try to be patient with me and not be critical and harsh. I try to paly by the rules. I made a comment the other day that the Veyron sucks, and I guess Glen and some others took offense to it. I didn't mean any harm
This is on me Chris and I own it completely, I didn't know you had your mom stuff and nor that you were overcoming huge challenges which is amazing I might add on both fronts.

I apologise because I was overly harsh and under informed when I made my comments.

So once again, while I disagreed my tone and response could have been more inline with the vibe of the forum, fellow racers and how I am in real life vs contextless internet stuff.
People don't understand what I have to go through, I've had a lot of difficult challenges in my life due to my autism and asburgers. During school and daily things around the house, etc. I've finished 950 races and I've only gotten 4 wins. In GT sport I did a total of 951. So, overall ina 26 motnh period, I've finished 1,851 races with a total of 41 wins. That is not a drop in the bucket. I was expecting 100 wins at least, but nope.
Chris my friend, we are racing not catching poke-wins....

Life and racing are a journey we are all on. It's about learning and as you are already doing facing challenges head on and slowly overcoming them.

Please don't measure yourself on wins in a game. Measure yourself on how many new GT friends you have, how much you have improved and most importantly how much you've stepped up to help out your mom.

The game like life is a journey, not a destination. It's an entertainment product that all of us forget sometimes.

We should be using it to unwind have a bit of fun and take the good days and the bad with it.

Look at your stats another way, you keep improving. You aren't going backwards and you are in one of the best forums for advice around.

All while doing the important stuff like helping mom out with stuff.
I cannot believe my DR and SR has not changed that much in a 6-month period. I am absolutely exhausted from the situation with my life and gt7
This is excellent though. It means you are consistent even while spending time away from the game you can come back and pick up right where you left off. I wish I was that consistent.

What you need to do is have a couple of new measures, how much did you help your mom, and when you do a race how many times can you make both arrows go up. You don't need to do lots of races for that you just need to be sensible.

Chris you are doing well with all the challenges at the moment, make sure that GT is not a priority. We are all here to help you but you have to help your mom first and then worry about the game/us 2nd/3rd

Hey everyone. Look I really need to get this off my chest. I've had a rough week. My mom was sick from taking an antibiotic so I had to help her with extra cooking and some chores around the house so I had to cut my gt7 time a bit. I was only able to do 15 SSRX races and 24 Deep Forest ones, bringing it a total of 39 races this week.

Anyways my DR and SR have not changed and I'll show the screenshot.

View attachment 1346716

Anyways I started back with GT back in June 2021, so it's been almost 3 years, and I'm still somewhat having trouble getting in the professional group and higher rankings when I put in at least 3-4 hours a day qualifying, running laps around the track. Please try to be patient with me and not be critical and harsh. I try to paly by the rules. I made a comment the other day that the Veyron sucks, and I guess Glen and some others took offense to it. I didn't mean any harm.

People don't understand what I have to go through, I've had a lot of difficult challenges in my life due to my autism and asburgers. During school and daily things around the house, etc. I've finished 950 races and I've only gotten 4 wins. In GT sport I did a total of 951. So, overall ina 26 motnh period, I've finished 1,851 races with a total of 41 wins. That is not a drop in the bucket. I was expecting 100 wins at least, but nope. The usual.

From now on I'll be careful what I say before I post it here. I cannot believe my DR and SR has not changed that much in a 6-month period. I am absolutely exhausted from the situation with my life and gt7. But this is much better than NFS and Forza. I'll try to be more patient with all the Group 3/4 cars we have but it's frustrating when I test a car out and it doesn't give me the lap time I need. I have to restart many times to perfect each lap, it's a full-time job! Then I get drowsy half the time and I make errors during my races. It's annoying as hell.

Plus the BoP regulations makes it hard too because you can't drive as fast as you want to plus the penalty system is strict too but it's needed to regulate the races so. So, let's all work together to make this a better place. I hope this week I can grab some wins if I work hard enough. I was also raised by narcissistic parents so I'm kind of selfish sometimes but I can't help it, I'm sorry.

Sorry for the long rant, but I'm frustrated and upset right now. It's like everything I try gets blocked or backfires.

Let me all know if you get my message. Thanks,
Chris

Mate you can only do what you can do. As others have said family and self come first. It's a game end of the day. It's also a very realistic game that requires commitment to get right and not everyone has the time so there's no need to apologise there. As for the forum bit, I wasn't involved so can't talk for anybody but myself. I laugh joke and rib so don't take anything I say seriously. If I've got a problem, it'll be pointed in a way that you know it's serious. In short, do what you want to do and enjoy what you got.

Also, condolences on the loss of Cherryturbo.

Last edited:

Here is my chaotic first race at Monza. Managed to get a 5 second penalty from a slight tap at the first corner, no idea there. Bad driving from all of us I think lol.

Hi, all -
Been lurking here for a good part of a year after getting in gt7. Thought I'd make my first post. I play Sport mode primarily and am a middling DR B / SR S driver. Usually like playing the Gr 4 races and drive the Lancer too much. Just wanted to say Hi - I was able to race about 20 times last week on Deep Forest (which is quite a good amount for me) and had a great time - I think almost every race was hard-fought and intense.
Glad you came out of the shadows! I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts and experiences!
It's really important to make sure family and you come first in your life (that's a win worth a thousand in GT).
+100 for thisw - totally agree.
This is on me Chris and I own it completely
I loved how you worded everything you said. I wanted to say more here, but it all comes out sounding silly, so let me just say that you gave me warm fuzzies and leave it at that. :cheers:

I don’t see why PD aren’t capable of coding in a formula for starting fuel when other racing games are capable of it

I think PD could just offer so much more scope for races which would greatly improve (or greatly reduce) the competitiveness in each race

Let drivers decide their own strategy before each race with fuel, aero and tire choice because at the moment the races are just a 10 lap time trial with everyone on the same strategy

As much as I agree with your points, PD aren't doing this not because they aren't capable, but because they don't want to scare off any casual players.

Any races at DR B or lower would be enough to remind you that people like to just pick up the controller and race.

Well Mondays are always fun....frustrating and difficult all in one.

I started with daily B, it's an adjustment coming from a heavy GR4 week last week for me. Its fine just an adjustment...it takes me a day or two.

I broke my own golden rule: qualify Monday race on Wednesday. I raced after a setting a mediocre poor time (this is relative to peer groups etc)

I was lucky to have @bone_tone and @Barney Da Dog in some of my races while I was trying to cling on to A....but not doing my hours of QT Bit me as I crashed in several of the races...I broke my own rule!

No real drama, just one person keen to take my place and wedged the door open but it makes do difference if I bin it with too much throttle the next lap anyways...

So tomorrow is 2:16 day, no meetings and on top of my work so will have more time but we will see how the day pans out.

Rough day in Daily Race B with a Gr.3 NSX at Spa. Struggled to get a 2:20.010 QT.

5 races, 1 win, 2 thrown away podiums, 3 finishes outside the top 10.

On the plus side, I only ruined one person's race when I bounced off a wall and into their face. Progress!

Still C/S.

91fc6ec6b61cbfacbe48b939314d8e6d195f112d_00.gif

Hope everyone is okay.

Done some Race A's, really fun but my SR has taken a tanking. I'm rarely not S but there is just no way you can avoid incidents in this race.

It would have been a good week to disable it like last week.

Brilliant race though, and have belly laughed more than once. I've seen A+ drivers completely lose it, a 7 car pile up and some people literally disappear.

Done some Race A's, really fun but my SR has taken a tanking. I'm rarely not S but there is just no way you can avoid incidents in this race.
Yep. For anyone here who is serious about GWTS starting this week, be careful. Quite a fun event but easy to take massive hits to SR even if you are very careful.

The riskiest area is the entry into the first corner, the Curva Grande. Different folks have different ideas about braking point and about coasting vs flooring the throttle vs half-throttle. And I don't expect it to be more consistent as the week progresses.

Well now, that wasn't much fun. I had forgotten how brutal Spa can be. Started P3, made a mistake on Eau Rouge, and got eaten alive by everyone behind me. I wanted to say "Hey, wait! Where's everyone going? Can I come too?". Got a .5 second penalty to boot.

Second lap, got caught by a Mazda RX Vision on Kemmel, like I was standing still. Is the RX Vision that much faster, or was it just my driving? Had to avoid him in Les Combes, which led to disaster, and I finally just quit because even though I had a decent QT, I'm obviously not ready for action yet.
I broke my own golden rule: qualify Monday race on Wednesday.
Yeah, wish I had that rule!

Temporarily slotted 29th in the world for race A, it's a shame the races were purely frustration as people brake so late for the chicane at the start and all hell breaks loose, only did 2 or 3 before I'd seen enough.
18ee4148ece77-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race C I found a lot more fun, and a lot more challenging, in some very tough lobbies and I dont think I've ever fought harder for 12th :lol:

I (almost) pulled off one of my best moves only to get wiped out.
What do you think, sour grapes or unintentional?

Last edited:
Temporarily slotted 29th in the world for race A, it's a shame the races were purely frustration as people brake so late for the chicane at the start and all hell breaks loose, only did 2 or 3 before I'd seen enough.View attachment 1346988
Race C I found a lot more fun, and a lot more challenging, in some very tough lobbies and I dont think I've ever fought harder for 12th :lol:

I (almost) pulled off one of my best moves only to get wiped out.
What do you think, sour grapes or unintentional?

It looks to me like the guy who was driving the red car did in on purpose. But it's hard to tell from that angle. But yes I think it was intentional. Well that was unexpected.

I really wanted that 36 at DT Gardens, but it will have to be tomorrow. 1:37.3 FL for tonight will have to do.

View attachment 1346987
That's gonna be a tough shot outta the rough...blind approach on the hole, too.😳 Wait, what are we playing again?? 🤣

I was blastin' around Spa for a minute, not sure I'll be racing anywhere else this week. We. Have. Traction.😁

:cheers:

EDIT
@Chrome_PuPXD I'm having a tough time figuring that incident out. You were both keeping it super clean through there (hats off to both of you) and I find it hard to believe that, after three apexes of opportunity, they waited until then. Maybe, but I'm leaning towards a screw-up. Shoulda stopped/waited but that's not as common an occurrence as it should be.

Again, though, nice drivin'! 👍

Last edited:
Well Mondays are always fun....frustrating and difficult all in one.

I started with daily B, it's an adjustment coming from a heavy GR4 week last week for me. Its fine just an adjustment...it takes me a day or two.

I broke my own golden rule: qualify Monday race on Wednesday. I raced after a setting a mediocre poor time (this is relative to peer groups etc)

I was lucky to have @bone_tone and @Barney Da Dog in some of my races while I was trying to cling on to A....but not doing my hours of QT Bit me as I crashed in several of the races...I broke my own rule!

No real drama, just one person keen to take my place and wedged the door open but it makes do difference if I bin it with too much throttle the next lap anyways...

So tomorrow is 2:16 day, no meetings and on top of my work so will have more time but we will see how the day pans out.
Like chalk and cheese this week's Gr4 race C, compared to last week's race B.

After falling down to C DR, and then scraping it back to bottom end of B, and to B SR, it only took four races yesterday to get me up to mid-B DR and S SR 🙂

The Citroen was dominant in the races I did, but I managed some good results with the Vantage. As with the race at Watkins Glen, the Vantage has to have a tyre change, whereas the Citroen can get by without.

Last edited:
Back