GT7 Driver Caught cheating

It's a good point, BUT smashing people off the track is very different to bouncing off a wall when you're alone on the track.

The general points about "makes you look bad" and "level of integrity" are valid of course, but it's not quite so black and white.

Wall bumping is not hurting anyone else's race so it's a personal choice IMO. There are many things about the physics in this game that are a "complete joke", as we all know. In some Daily A races, everyone is wall bumping (majority anyway). In a world final everyone would NOT do it. If everyone in the race applies the same logic, it's all good right?

Once I raced with a group of kids who ran lobbies with no track limits, no penalties and no ghosting. They were straight-lining every chicane at full throttle and applying a very much "rubbing is racing" attitude including the occasional close out. They also invoked a voluntary safety car whenever someone crashed, until they could catch up with the group and rejoin the frey.... I was very fun and a pleasure to drive with these kids. And they were fast.... A+ level of fast. Anyway my point is that whilst their rules allowed blatant disregard for real world racing rules, and were very different to what you would see in a GT final; everyone ran by the same rules and it was very enjoyable and in no way made them look bad, or questioned their integrity.

Different ways of racing appeal to different people and PD acknowledge this by having many "levels" available in the game. Single player races being the simplest and World Cup Finals being the highest. They even created events where you must knock over every cone on the track, which has no bearing on reality and is a gross violation of my integrity as a driver!!!

Unfortunately we have strayed off topic. Sorry.
But it's interesting... So a few other questions for the chat...should you choose to accept it..

1. Did you Gold the cone bump challenges and are you proud of it? Did you beat your friends? Do you feel it violates your integrity as a driver? But it's part of the game right?

2. In the single player races (say Lago Maggiore 1 hr) have you ever rammed the AI off the track, dive bombed, or blocked unfairly, just to get the win? Do you feel this "makes you look bad" or questions your integrity? Or is it ok because it's against computer opponents? Or is it ok because the particular event/opponents are programmed poorly? If you answered yes, why is this any different to wall bumping in a Daily A race?

I'd like to hear @Pigems opinion on this, since he seems to be the voice of reason.

Yes some interesting points for sure. I think its pretty clear, the game is meant to mimic real life, to a certain degree. If it was Wreckfest, then of course, you expect contact and other stuff. I'd say most would understand its odd behaviour (wall-riding) and not something that they'd like to witness en masse, just because its possible within the game. Which although not a true sim, its still clearly emulating real life racing, so a load of people riding the wall would spoil the experience. This is where integrity comes in, in that you know its in the game but something inside tells you its an exploit and shouldn;t be used.

I know the questions weren;t aimed directly at my but my answers are:

1) Can;t stand the cone missions, in fact them and the drifting missions are what stopped me going further than I have. Shouldn;t be in the game imo. Appreciate others may enjoy them though.

2) Must admit I have done this v cpu at times. Usually if not a race i'm fussed by, or have tried many times and just want it golded. Can see the argument you'll probably use here, but in both your questions, I think the key is v human players, whether thats directly in a race or beating someones time in a trial by wallriding, cutting chicanes and therefor obtaining a place further up the leader board.

Thats the clear difference to me... is your action totally unrealistic compared to real racing competition and is it giving you an advantage over other human players. Wall riding, cutting sections of the circuit is doing this.

Last edited:
"This guy blatantly recorded my team member and this is a very big problem"

I stopped watching 3 mins in after you said that. What does "blatantly recorded my team member" mean? There is nothing wrong with recording someone else in a race that you are in.

Then you got so mad about having to defend a team member that you yell into a hot mic. You've got to keep yourself in check my man. At this point I dont care who's right or wrong, but you need to get over yourself thinking everyone here cares enough to listen to you yelling at someone.

"Here he is laughing. I dont think this is very funny" LOL, I do.

Last edited:

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

I’ve got like 5 or 6 accounts, what’s the big deal? One for each of Manu and Nations, and a daily account in each region.
Since when have you had a daily account in each region? And why haven't I see the EU one yet/why have I been ignoring your EU one?

Since when have you had a daily account in each region? And why haven't I see the EU one yet/why have I been ignoring your EU one?

I mostly just used the EU and Oceana accounts on GTS to check leaderboards, since we didn’t have cross region boards then. I think both of those are still at E/B though lol.

Last edited:
Back