GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
Neither Amar or Jordan aren't just gonna casually drop "Hey guys GT7 is gonna be announced at E3 lol" here.
But they wouldn't lie either, so they genuinely aren't expecting anything. But my point is that they may not have been told anything this time round.

But they wouldn't lie either, so they genuinely aren't expecting anything. But my point is that they may not have been told anything this time round.
or maybe , the next GT game is not the seventh of the series but a new one called Gran Turismo Sport , maybe it's something different ?

Ok new prediction, Tourist trophy two is announced and it will contain access to GT7 Prolouge (Jordan said not to expect "Granturismo" related stuff").

Any bets?

Neither Amar or Jordan are just gonna casually drop "Hey guys GT7 is gonna be announced at E3 lol" here.
No but when they are privy to information but under and NDA, they drop cryptic hints that tell you something is coming without quite saying what.

I wonder if E3 will show the FIA competition that was talked about earlier.
They've got 12 days to make good on the promised delivery date of "Spring 2015".

I'd actually quite like the idea of a smaller Gran Turismo game with experimental content and features to pass the time with GT7 being the big major release to come in the future. Similar to GT HD.

This is what PS2 brought us. I dont understand why we can't have GT EXPERIMENTAL as download content inbetween complete games. The VGT on PS4 at some new courses would be terrific. No interiors needed. Just give us those cars, online races and Practice Mode with cars on track like Sierra.

Both Amar and Jordan have said that GT7 will not be revealed at E3. Why can't you guys trust this?
I can believe it if they're saying something *is* going to be there, because that means there has been a leak. If someone claims something will *not* be there, that could also just mean that there hasn't been a leak, and that they've managed to keep their secrets actually secret.

I would be happy with a Tourist Trophy 2 reveal... though I'm still rather adamant in my belief that it should be a component of Gran Turismo.

Also, cryptic amar is cryptic.

That GT Sport thing... Maybe something with many different official licensed race series, maybe also with bikes? That would be interesting.

Or GT Sport will be a part of GT7. Maybe e-sport?

Last edited:
I somewhat expect a GT6 announcement at E3. Too early for GT7, and as both Amar and Jordan have said, don't expect GT7 at E3.

The FIA Competition being fully revealed at E3 makes complete sense since there's 12 days till the end of Spring and E3 is next week (7+ Days).

Anyone remember the update that happened on the day GT Academy ended last year. 3 new cars and a new track. Based on that, it wouldn't be too farfetched to expect the FIA thing then, which is 6 days from now.

So, FIA Competition reveal at E3, playable in game in 6-ish days. That's what I'm thinking.

I somewhat expect a GT6 announcement at E3. Too early for GT7, and as both Amar and Jordan have said, don't expect GT7 at E3.

The FIA Competition being fully revealed at E3 makes complete sense since there's 12 days till the end of Spring and E3 is next week (7+ Days).

Anyone remember the update that happened on the day GT Academy ended last year. 3 new cars and a new track. Based on that, it wouldn't be too farfetched to expect the FIA thing then, which is 6 days from now.

So, FIA Competition reveal at E3, playable in game in 6-ish days. That's what I'm thinking.

And you are trying to say that this will be
released for the Ps3? That would be too cruel If during the show appear GT logo on screen and they will start talk about Ps3.

And you are trying to say that this will be
released for the Ps3? That would be too cruel If during the show appear GT logo on screen and they will start talk about Ps3.
If I recall correctly, Kaz suggested that the 'qualifiers' (can't remember the exact term he used) would be on GT6 with the 'proper' competition being on GT7.

Keep track of this post because I think it's going to look like genius in a week or two:cheers:

I seriously doubt Sony are going to take up conference time at the largest gaming show of the year to talk about a year and a half old game getting new events. Especially with all of the things they have to talk about already.

They might make an announcement about GT6 while E3 is going on, but I seriously doubt it will be AT E3.

I seriously doubt Sony are going to take up conference time at the largest gaming show of the year to talk about a year and a half old game getting new events. Especially with all of the things they have to talk about already.

They might make an announcement about GT6 while E3 is going on, but I seriously doubt it will be AT E3.
Age is but a number. GT6 is one of Sony's biggest and most profitable franchises. Yes it may be on the PS3, but the FIA officially sanctioning a competition within GT6 is pretty big news and definitely something to shout about as no other game can say they have a competition in their game sanctioned by the world's largest Motorsport sanctioning body.

Sony doesn't really have to hold a big conference about it, although that would be preferable. It could be as simple as Polyphony Digital holding some sort of announcement at their booth, of course assuming they have one there.

Zlork said
Wait.

On the official site, the FIA championship is scheduled for "2015".

There is no specific date.
The 'Spring 2015' release date comes from an article here on GTPlanet that gave a bit more details on it.

Age is but a number. GT6 is one of Sony's biggest and most profitable franchises. Yes it may be on the PS3, but the FIA officially sanctioning a competition within GT6 is pretty big news and definitely something to shout about as no other game can say they have a competition in their game sanctioned by the world's largest Motorsport sanctioning body.

Sony doesn't really have to hold a big conference about it, although that would be preferable. It could be as simple as Polyphony Digital holding some sort of announcement at their booth, of course assuming they have one there.

GT is Sony's biggest franchise, GT6 is a game that launched on the PS3 three weeks after the PS4 came out that is likely halfway through it's life.

Unless PD are going to show off something PS4 related at E3, I wouldn't expect a presence from them at all.

GT6 is a franchise, eh? Sory, I had to point that out... :lol:

Consider me skeptical that they'll spend any significant amount of time talking about GT6 and the FIA thing at E3 without dropping some sort of morsel of info regarding how it'll tie into the future of GT. Not saying you're wrong, just that if you're right we might also expect a small tidbit regarding GT7... even if it's just an extremely small and vague hint.

Back