GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
Oculus has had a lot more development time compared to Morpheus.
Sony have been working on VR since the 90's but Morpheus in particular from 2009/2010. Oculus dev time comes from around 2012.
Sony have consistently offered a more consumer looking product than oculus.
Due to it being fixed hardware bound it will also benefit developers making games reliable in quality and performance, with the minimum being 120fps on the PS4 for every single Morpheus game. Which is great news for all PS4 games even without VR headsets, the frame rate for VR supported games will get extremely optimised. Such as Project cars, which have said they will support VR, so expect a 120fps version of project cars and GT7 in 2016.

Oculus Rift has been around since 2009. Project Morpheus itself didn't start until after PlayStation Move was released as they saw potential there.

Even then... Oculus was first shown off at E3 2012, Morpheus was less than 2 years later at GDC 2014.

Same here too @Scuderia Paul, although I still have some tiny bit of hope they say someting at Pikes Peak (I doubt it though). They now have four "real" opportunities (might have wrote that word wrong lol) to say something about GT7 (imo): Pikes Peak, TGS, PGW and PlayStation Experience.

Same here too @Scuderia Paul, although I still have some tiny bit of hope they say someting at Pikes Peak (I doubt it though). They now have four "real" opportunities (might have wrote that word wrong lol) to say something about GT7 (imo): Pikes Peak, TGS, PGW and PlayStation Experience.

What if they give a trailer at pikes peak of the track on GT7 beta, :embarrassed: !

Won't happen, but who knows.

Sony have been working on VR since the 90's but Morpheus in particular from 2009/2010. Oculus dev time comes from around 2012.
Sony have consistently offered a more consumer looking product than oculus.
Due to it being fixed hardware bound it will also benefit developers making games reliable in quality and performance, with the minimum being 120fps on the PS4 for every single Morpheus game. Which is great news for all PS4 games even without VR headsets, the frame rate for VR supported games will get extremely optimised. Such as Project cars, which have said they will support VR, so expect a 120fps version of project cars and GT7 in 2016.
IIRC, PS4 will output in 60fps, but the Morpheus has some kind frame interpolation software, that creates a frame between the frames as a sort of upscaling feature. The PS4 just doesn't have the grunt by itself to consistently produce 120fps in graphically demanding games, which is most of them these days.

Yes, let's pretend percentages don't exist. WiiU's 21% up against the XB1's 28%. Compare that to the Vita's 17% vs 3DS' 83%.

Not to mention, WiiU was ahead of the XB1 until christmas season 2014.

Yes, let's pretend percentages don't exist. WiiU's 21% up against the XB1's 28%. Compare that to the Vita's 17% vs 3DS' 83%.

Not to mention, WiiU was ahead of the XB1 until christmas season 2014.

XBOX didn't particularly sold well too 'till 2015 , but we're going off topic now.

I'm disappointed not because GT7 wasn't at E3, but because the lack of information or communication from PD. It's getting harder and harder to support PD. Nowadays, I don't care anymore for GT6, cause Dirt Rally and Project Cars are filling the gap. And now, looking at Forza 6 with launch date, the X One is getting more interesting.

...And soon, this thread must face closer, just as all good things must. E3 2015 is near the end. And no GT related announcement in sight.

One more...I told you so!! :lol:

Back