GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
I have a great idea:

RELEASE IT WHEN IT'S COMPLETE.

.....Finally!! Someone who speaks sense!! Give this man a cookie!!!
sFun_cheerleader2.gif
sFun_crazydance.gif

I have a great idea:

Though it may be complete at the end of this year, who knows.
Ok but No seriously, DLC should just be extra content, not actually major parts of the game.

In today's overinflated-budget games industry, ain't going to happen.

I have a great idea:

Though it may be complete at the end of this year, who knows.
Ok but No seriously, DLC should just be extra content, not actually major parts of the game.
Agreed, but DLC has the possibility to be stellar enough that it adds a whole new dimension to the game. For example, if PD secured the GT500 series license and released a GT500 Pack that included all the 2015(16?) GT500 cars + 1 or 2 more GT500 tracks + a whole separate career mode designed to follow the path of a typical GT500 driver, maybe starting in karts or gymkhana, and working your way up through the smaller touring cars and into GT300 and then GT500 perhaps.

An official GT7 announcement still seems too early to me. GT6 doesn't even have all of its promised features yet, not to mention all those VGT updates we still have to endure.

Same for me.

Last edited:
I get the feeling they were already developing gt7 before gt6 came out
This has always been my feeling. I have little doubt that Kaz and the team were chomping at the bit to make "GT7" first, and may have even been working on it first, but SONY most likely did a quick study and concluded that it wouldn't pull as many PS4s off the shelves with it as they wanted, and so they went with the safe established hardware base model and counted on grumpy gusses like me wanting to move on to the next GT as soon as possible.

Clearly millions of us did, how many still isn't clear, but it evidently disappointed SONY to the point that they allowed Kaz to divvy up the team into GT6 and 7 groups, and off they went.

As much as I want GT7 soon, I want much more that Kaz builds an epic racer with many of the factors in it that I want. Factors which are in other racers like Forza, with its very deep modification system, allowing you to make anything from a lightly modded street racer to flat out race cars with extensive body kit builds and a full on Livery Editor. A Career Mode for real, more like real life than anything in Toca or Project CARS, but with those classic GT and Arcade Modes intact for pick up 'n play racing and car collecting. Racing in as many leagues as Kaz can get licensed, and fantasy leagues besides, and with enough league appropriate cars to flesh out a field. The Course Maker and Event maker with all the tools to make convincing racing venues and events up to a racing season with championships and a points chase. Bots that race much more realistically with tight packs you have to fight through. Weather with fog and rain so real, it makes you feel clammy, snow so lifelike you reach for a sweater. And of course all the sound guys have been yelling their fonts off for that area to be improved. A selling tool like a Marketplace and Auction House, where users can sell anything from liveries and decals to entire liveried race creations. Heck, I could go on and on.

A game this deep will require some work. Work means time. Kaz has been hiring, so let's hope he's beefed up Polyphony to the point that GT7 won't be that far off. I have a feeling that P CARS is just going to be a nice hors d'oeurve before that next gen Gran Turismo finally appears. I hope it gets me by, but if not, I'll keep racing those I-A races in GT6, and whatever the team blesses us with in updates. The updates could be great, like JohnnyP mentions. New race modes, a Course and Event Maker would be outstanding. Race Mod and a Livery Editor of some sort would add incredible legs to GT6. They could be ported and simplified to run efficiently on PS3, as old as it is, as they did finally with the massive Zahara course.

Whatever they do, the future of Gran Turismo unfolding is going to be fun to watch.

Kaz would announce the course maker in E3, or something minor not to do with GT7. He's done something similar before. And no-one wants a early release with beta content.

How long has the PS4 been out now?

18months? When it was announced Kaz was in the release video for PS4 talking about the spec and what it offers, I think it would be safe to say they would already had been working on it for 3-6 months before PS4 release but had known the specs before hand anyway.

I would guess GT7 is nearly 2 years into development with another year/18months to go.

Just my opinion but that seems fairly reasonable to me.

With PCars missing loads of features already in the GT series it's just made me want GT7 sooner!

How long has the PS4 been out now?

18months? When it was announced Kaz was in the release video for PS4 talking about the spec and what it offers, I think it would be safe to say they would already had been working on it for 3-6 months before PS4 release but had known the specs before hand anyway.

I would guess GT7 is nearly 2 years into development with another year/18months to go.
Definitely my thinking too. I've been pondering things like the massive Zahara location, and why it was delayed several months. Initially I thought it was because it was crashing something, like online racing or even single player racing on older PS3s. But I'm wondering now if it wasn't being built for GT7 first, and compressing it down for a system with 1/16th the available ram, and divided ram at that, was causing all kinds of trouble.

The fact that new GT6 content has been very skimpy. A basic B-Spec implementation. Ayrton Senna content (a few cars and some track modifications), Zahara and the Vision GT cars, are all practically shouting at me that the team are mostly focused on GT7.

Now things don't have to be so dire for GT6. Work on GT7 can trickle down into a Spec 2 update. Things like Race Mod work on GT7 could be chucked right into GT6 with some code rewriting, because they're using the same models. A Livery Editor could be simplified, or even left mostly intact. The Course Maker work for GT7 could be cut way back, still better than the one in GT5 and giving us something fun to play with. Many of us have said that they could add onto the GT Mode events and beef up Arcade Mode without too much trouble. Bring the Online setup to modern standards, and implement simple things like Leaderboards, with filters for various items. A damage implementation could be dumbed down, if there are enough Cell resources left. Supposedly racing based on FIA leagues and events are coming, maybe with some new race cars and a track or three to support it. Maybe improved bot A.I. too. The racing in the I-A Super GT events is much better than in the rest of the game, strangely enough. That big sound update... I'm thinking will have to wait for GT7, along with many other high octane goodies.

But, who knows. I'm still of the (not widely shared) opinion that I'd prefer that the real work on Gran Turismo is getting GT7 ready for release as soon as possible. But as I said above, a small but capable team able to port some of that work over in a Spec 2 update could be going on.

With PCars missing loads of features already in the GT series it's just made me want GT7 sooner!
This is definitely my thing. I'm sure P CARS is an outstanding game, a few warts aside. One of these paychecks, I'll be getting my PS4 racing rig. But Gran Turismo has spoiled me on the luxury of owning up to a thousand cars, several hundred very good cars, and it makes Assetto Corsa seem very small, and each car a loaner. I have a feeling that P CARS will leave me with the same feeling over time, and every racing game that came along had me yearning for Gran Turismo in very short order, and so back to it I went.

GT7 news, soon! :D

Ya there's really no point in clicking on anything GT7 related through a Google search..

It's like me saying there will be a Gran Turismo 7 PS4 Bundle this November ready to be sold in masses through the Holiday season.. except I believe it and it has to have more truth to it than your average attention grabbing article floating around on the web. So ya.. PD!.. you better have a cool little trailer at E3 to hype it up for your fans!

Last edited:
I really hope they showcase a sort of 'Vision GT' (not the concept cars, like a showcase of what the PS4 can do) like they did in the past just to hype us up. That would make me pretty happy.

I think this is more like it and will still be impressed if they show this now nearly 9 years later:

I remember that vid, those were all real cars. :)

I still find it hard to believe that those are the game models.
If those were the actual 3D models then I will not trust anything more.... ANYTHING
Could be dumbed down for the PS3, who knows.

For now though, I'll say those were real cars.

I still find it hard to believe that those are the game models.
If those were the actual 3D models then I will not trust anything more.... ANYTHING
Could be dumbed down for the PS3, who knows.

For now though, I'll say those were real cars.
Looks like 3D models to me shown in full quality back in 2006.

That's how that car looks like in real life but is not in a GT game IIRC.

Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec R33, my cousin has one and it didn't come with the liveries. It may have come as a factory extra though, I dunno :P
Those are, if I recall correctly, NISMO stickers.

So, this basically?

Or something more personal and in-depth, although I think it's a little 'late' now to be showing off what Gran Turismo can look like on PS4... sorta pointless by now. 10 years ago it was just jaw dropping to see your favorite games would playable in 1080p. Also they're prolly sick of criticism from showing and talking about stuff and then delaying the release for quite a while. I think they'll just break the silence when they're about 90% done this time, which is a good strategy in my eyes.

Latest Posts

Back