GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
So what new [major] features can PD bring to the series at this point? Honest question. Because at this point, I would (sadly) be completely happy with a silky smooth 1080p/60fps (with full weather and 20+ cars) and improved damage. I'm not really sure what else PD can bring new to the series...

GT7. This Holiday. Believe.

Sony needs a big holiday game for 2015 and Gran Turismo fits the bill nicely with Uncharted 4 being pushed to 2016.

GT7. This Holiday. Believe.

Sony needs a big holiday game for 2015 and Gran Turismo fits the bill nicely with Uncharted 4 being pushed to 2016.
That would incorrect, Sony has a lot exclusives planned this year and GT7 needs a lot more time in order to meet expectations.

Star Wars Battlefront will have exclusive content on PS4
Until Dawn launches later this year
No Man's Sky launches later this year exclusive to PS4 (Coming to PC next year)

However, 2016 is looking a lot more bright with the release of a very unexpected game from Guerrilla Games, an RPG game from the Killzone developer that will blow minds at this year's E3.
Codename: Project Horizon

guerrilla-games-horizon-09-24-14-1.jpg

Last edited:
That would incorrect, Sony has a lot exclusives planned this year and GT7 needs a lot more time in order to meet expectations.

Star Wars Battlefront will have exclusive content on PS4
Until Dawn launches later this year
No Man's Sky launches later this year exclusive to PS4 (Coming to PC next year)

However, 2016 is looking a lot more bright with the release of a very unexpected game from Guerrilla Games, an RPG game from the Killzone developer that will blow minds at this year's E3.
Codename: Project Horizon

guerrilla-games-horizon-09-24-14-1.jpg
Yeah, Horizon looks phenomenal. I know Sony has lots of games this year but they don't have a game as big as Uncharted and Gran Turismo, arguably the two biggest franchises. I'm looking forward to No man's sky and lots of AA games this year from Sony.

Yes, I'm not surprised that there will be no GT7, this year:

- GT6 will have updates
- Since Gran Turismo PSP, PoDi announces its game a few months before its release. Their strategy seems to have not changed
- Probably, Sony will make GT7 compatible with Morpheus and it comes out in 2016.
- Today, 2 years of development is too short for PoDi (to compare: Naughty Dog needed about 3 years for Uncharted 4)
- PoDi has hired new sound designers
- Sony has other exclusives in the pocket (Horizon, Sony Bend, etc)

Yes, I'm not surprised that there will be no GT7, this year:

- GT6 will have updates
- Since Gran Turismo PSP, PoDi announces its game a few months before its release. Their strategy seems to have not changed
- Probably, Sony will make GT7 compatible with Morpheus and it comes out in 2016.
- Today, 2 years of development is too short for PoDi (to compare: Naughty Dog needed about 3 years for Uncharted 4)
- PoDi has hired new sound designers
- Sony has other exclusives in the pocket (Horizon, Sony Bend, etc)

GT6 getting updates has nothing to do with GT7 at all.

GT5 was trailed a very long time before it came out.

A game being compatible with Morpheus does not mean it can't release before Morpheus.

2 years? E3 reveal this year would mean game release next year. That's 3 years.

Hiring people has nothing to do with release dates.

They rewrote the game code for portability - this was announced at the GT6 reveal at Silverstone. Why do you think they did that if it wasn't for rapid turnaround of titles?

GT6 getting updates has nothing to do with GT7 at all.

GT5 was trailed a very long time before it came out.

A game being compatible with Morpheus does not mean it can't release before Morpheus.

2 years? E3 reveal this year would mean game release next year. That's 3 years.

Hiring people has nothing to do with release dates.

They rewrote the game code for portability - this was announced at the GT6 reveal at Silverstone. Why do you think they did that if it wasn't for rapid turnaround of titles?

- When one of the future updates includes course maker, yes, this is important and this impacts on GT7, indirectly.
- That's what I say. GT5 was trailed several years in advance and it's a big mistake. PoDi learned from his mistakes : GT PSP, GT6
- I agree.
- I said "today". And I never said that 3 years was short. For the rest, I invite you to read point #2.
- Yes, this impact on development.

Podi can reveal GT7 at TGS, PGW or PSExp. Or better, do a conference like they did for GT6

Last edited:
I expect GT7 to be at least teased,not yet announced.
You know some ispirational teaser trailer with daiki kasho, clean shots from the pre-production, a new car appearing in game and maybe a new function.
Here's my 5 cents, but i don't think it will be like this myself

Yes, some GT7 news, even if it's a mistake, such as most likely a Sony exec name dropping GT7 when he shouldn't have.

Yup, and it would be such a non-honest mistake. :P

I just cannot see that GT7 can take too much longer. PD would have been some of the first to be able to use the PS4 Dev Kits and with all the HD content PD already has and has been creating over the last couple years, a great game has to be very nicely built as of now. Of course the content is not the challange, I'm sure the utmost attention has been paid to the physics and vehicle tuning aspects, as well as the most fluid online experience (I hope). Sound and all other cool features will follow naturally and can come in updates following the initial realease, I'm not the the impatient type or a guy who feels he has the right to trash-talk on PD when something doean't function right or a "promised" feature isn't in my $60 game.. there is and insane amount of excellentcy that counters the flaws we've seen. PS3 is fading into history soon and it's gonna be so sweet when the 1080p graphics won't hog the majority of processing. Woot!

I'm confused, are a couple of you still expecting GT7 despite being told otherwise?
That is Jordan's expectation. Last E3 he said he was told there will be no Gran Turismo announcements, so far remains to be seen if that will be case and also PPIHC is shortly afterwards so hype remains until it is ruled out.
I wonder if that is related to FIA Online Championship.

I'm confused, are a couple of you still expecting GT7 despite being told otherwise?
Although we call it GT7, PD may have a new name for the next driving game, it could be called Gran Turismo [blank].
In which case we dont expect GT7, but the 7th game in the GT series.......

Back