GT7 - Guesses for New Year/January Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as events go we'll probably get a race event where you do 2 Laps of the Nurburgring and get paid 20.000 Credits for it.
Or a Gr.1 30 minute race paying you less than half a million even with the CRB.

Another 3-5 cars, probably a VGT (Skoda was it?) between these.

More engines swaps that we don't get warned about in the patch-notes for whatever reason (not like you'll get them in your lifetime anyway).

More scapes.

Features like the Speed - Drag Race - Acceleration tests in the SSRX will still not come. Nor Championships... Or Endurance races... Or another set of actual Missions.
Summed it up accurately lol

We ready have a Gr. 1 race that's "new" and pays under half a million. It's on a track called Road Atlanta, you may have heard of it. :)

ABS off is accurate. You ain't lived til you've skidded across traffic with the wheels locked.

When is PSVR2 to be released? I might actually spring for one.

Last edited:
ABS off is accurate. You ain't lived til you've skidded across traffic with the wheels locked.
You clearly did not drive without ABS the last 2 months or so. Skidding has become IMPOSSIBLE on most FR and FF cars, and some MR cars. As if there is grease on the brakes.

My bold, unprecedented prediction for the January update will be [insert fan favourite road car here], [insert fan favourite race car here], and [insert random niche meme car here]. As for tracks, we will get [insert fan favourite returning location here].

In all seriousness, the one thing I can almost guarantee is a fix to the Nurburgring 600 payout.

I'd be very surprised to see a new track, though I'd be down if we did get one. As for cars, I'd say it's anyone's guess, which I kind of like. I can only assume that most cars we get for a while will be from the datamined list, though the operative word is "most," as some of the VGTs and the Corvette C8 were not in the list IIRC.

I don't think we've gotten a new Bonus Menu in some time, either, nor any new missions, so I think we're due for those. I'm still a little surprised we haven't seen a Lamborghini-themed Extra Menu yet, nor one for McLaren, Dodge in general, or Aston Martin.

My bet is that if/when we get such Extra Menus, the following cars will be required:

Aston Martin - DB5/V8 Vantage S/DB11
Dodge - Challenger/Charger SRT Hellcat/Challenger SRT Demon
Lamborghini - Miura Prototype/Gallardo/Huracan
McLaren - 12C/650S/F1 (I know the F1 is expensive, but the F1 is McLaren, so I don't think you could have an Extra Menu that omits it.)

Other ideas for Extra Menus are as follows:

Group B - Lancia Delta S4/Audi Quattro S1 '86/Renault 5 Maxi Turbo
Group C - Jaguar XJR-9/Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9/Nissan R92CP
Gr.3 - Nissan GT-R GT3 '18/Subaru BRZ GT300/Porsche 911 RSR
Jaguar - E-Type/XJ220/F-Type
V12 Lamborghini Models - Countach LP400/Murcielago/Aventador
Classic GT500 - Toyota Supra (A80) GT500 '97/Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) GT500 '99/Honda NSX GT500 '00

And if I had to just make stuff up using cars from my personal wishlist, here were my picks:

LMDh - Cadillac LMDh-V/Porsche 963/Acura ARX-06
LMH - Toyota GR010/Ferrari 499P/Peugeot 9X8
Italian SUVs - Ferrari Purosangue/Lamborghini Urus/Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
American Pickups - Ford F150 SVT Raptor/Dodge Ram Rebel/Chevrolet Silverado ZR2

Given the Christmas break, I'm guessing the silhouettes reveal will be end of next week. Would be a surprise to get something this week. Unless PD are giving themselves some space for the February 22nd PSVR2 launch.

Last edited:
Given the Christmas break, I'm guessing the silhouettes reveal will be end of next week. Would be a surprise to get something this week. Unless PD are giving themselves some space for the February 22nd PSVR2 launch.

Wii await you Oh'Mighty Motegi on Madness March *comes

*Sugo, 'Mii'

Motegi (or Sugo) would make sense for the March update along with the new SF23, for the new Super Formula season that starts in April.
Too much sense for PD though.
I wanna see Motegi or Sugo in the game, but I feel like if they come so soon, Grand Valley's gonna get pushed back even further. And that's what I wanna see the most.

it would be funny if we won’t get january update and just get biggee one with psvr2 support on february

My guess is:

Nurburgring layouts that were mentioned in that menu

Cars: Peugeot 307CC '04, Nissan GT-R '07 and Toyota GR Supra '23 lol

I'd be very surprised to see a new track, though I'd be down if we did get one. As for cars, I'd say it's anyone's guess, which I kind of like. I can only assume that most cars we get for a while will be from the datamined list, though the operative word is "most," as some of the VGTs and the Corvette C8 were not in the list IIRC.

I don't think we've gotten a new Bonus Menu in some time, either, nor any new missions, so I think we're due for those. I'm still a little surprised we haven't seen a Lamborghini-themed Extra Menu yet, nor one for McLaren, Dodge in general, or Aston Martin.

My bet is that if/when we get such Extra Menus, the following cars will be required:

Aston Martin - DB5/V8 Vantage S/DB11
Dodge - Challenger/Charger SRT Hellcat/Challenger SRT Demon
Lamborghini - Miura Prototype/Gallardo/Huracan
McLaren - 12C/650S/F1 (I know the F1 is expensive, but the F1 is McLaren, so I don't think you could have an Extra Menu that omits it.)

Other ideas for Extra Menus are as follows:

Group B - Lancia Delta S4/Audi Quattro S1 '86/Renault 5 Maxi Turbo
Group C - Jaguar XJR-9/Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9/Nissan R92CP
Gr.3 - Nissan GT-R GT3 '18/Subaru BRZ GT300/Porsche 911 RSR
Jaguar - E-Type/XJ220/F-Type
V12 Lamborghini Models - Countach LP400/Murcielago/Aventador
Classic GT500 - Toyota Supra (A80) GT500 '97/Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) GT500 '99/Honda NSX GT500 '00

And if I had to just make stuff up using cars from my personal wishlist, here were my picks:

LMDh - Cadillac LMDh-V/Porsche 963/Acura ARX-06
LMH - Toyota GR010/Ferrari 499P/Peugeot 9X8
Italian SUVs - Ferrari Purosangue/Lamborghini Urus/Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
American Pickups - Ford F150 SVT Raptor/Dodge Ram Rebel/Chevrolet Silverado ZR2
But... we don't have the Challenger SRT Demon or the Delta S4... Unless they introduce these, surely they'd be more likely to make use of the Super Bee and the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evo 2.... ?

And I, for one, hope they NEVER introduce an Italian SUV's collection into the game.

I wouldn't expect one until next weekend either. We had a couple of earlier updates in five-Thursday months and over Christmas, but really you're looking at the 26th as the most likely date for the next update.
Normally I'd agree, but PD also need to put out an update for PSVR2's release on February 22nd. Probably much sooner in fact, with review embargos and so on.

Unless PSVR2 support is added in the January update. I guess we'll only know that if a new menu pops up!

But... we don't have the Challenger SRT Demon or the Delta S4... Unless they introduce these, surely they'd be more likely to make use of the Super Bee and the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evo 2.... ?

And I, for one, hope they NEVER introduce an Italian SUV's collection into the game.
The only Premium SUVs and Pickups we're still missing from Gran Turismo 7 are the '67 Chevy El Camino, '13 Land Rover Evoque and '11 Mini Countryman.

Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 1967.jpg
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2013.jpg
MINI COOPER S Countryman (R60) 2011.jpg

Last edited:
Am I missing something? I thought GT7 was specifically announced for day 1 PSVR2 support (which releases 22nd) - so wouldn't GT7 need to be updated in the next week? Unless everything is already in place and just needs "switching on"?

Am I missing something? I thought GT7 was specifically announced for day 1 PSVR2 support (which releases 22nd) - so wouldn't GT7 need to be updated in the next week? Unless everything is already in place and just needs "switching on"?
February 22?

Cars:
  • Aston Martin Vantage '18
  • Audi R8 V10 plus '16
  • Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18
  • Ferrari 499P '23
  • Jaguar XJ220 '92
  • Lamborghini Urus '19
  • Lexus LFA '10
  • Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
  • McLaren Senna '18
  • Peugeot 9X8 '22
(if anything by Kaz's "60 cars a year" statement, the updates for this month, February and March need to be ten cars each).

Last edited:
Teaser on saturday or sunday 5 cars if we are going with kaz starement of 60 cars a year

Cars:
  • Aston Martin Vantage '18
  • Audi R8 V10 plus '16
  • Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18
  • Ferrari 499P '23
  • Jaguar XJ220 '92
  • Lamborghini Urus '19
  • Lexus LFA '10
  • Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
  • McLaren Senna '18
  • Peugeot 9X8 '22
(if anything by Kaz's "60 cars a year" statement, the updates for this month, February and March need to be ten cars each).

That statement might be for 2023, and not 2022

I doubt we get 10 cars in an update considering how many new to series cars they seem to add, but good list however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back