GT7 - Guesses for New Year/January Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we expect Kaz's silhouette tweet tomorrow?
I hope so.
But, on the other hand, I'm worried about getting no update in January and getting a big update next month to celebrate the PSVR2 launch and /or in March for the game's 1st anniversary. Or we can get some kind of fix/patch update this month with no new content.

With Christmas only 5 days away, what guesses or predictions do people have for the New Year or January Update of Gran Turismo 7. With teases of a couple of new Nürburgring Circuits, leaked car lists or other Gran Turismo Teasers. What predictions do we have for the first update of 2023 and what could make it the best one yet?
I've been playing this game for a while and I love it! Been A1 since day 1 with GT. But here's my gripe.. I have 3 cars that I have really tuned and put so much work into tuning. Watched every YouTube video, the whole nine yards. The fastest I can make my Zr1 or P1 go is about 230 mph. Which is absolutely scooting by any stretch of the real life human mind!!! That should hold its own against anything in the game (I'm not talking about those BS fake tomahawk cars). But when a little guy online has an 80something Toyota corolla or something and absolutely smokes me. Blows past me like a jet. What is that???? It's a mod or it's just some form of cheating. He'd have to be doing about 300 mph!! Haha. This is why I'm done with online. I promise you I can drive, but I can't overcome cheating, so I'm done. It's a shame because I love GT so much

I've been playing this game for a while and I love it! Been A1 since day 1 with GT. But here's my gripe.. I have 3 cars that I have really tuned and put so much work into tuning. Watched every YouTube video, the whole nine yards. The fastest I can make my Zr1 or P1 go is about 230 mph. Which is absolutely scooting by any stretch of the real life human mind!!! That should hold its own against anything in the game (I'm not talking about those BS fake tomahawk cars). But when a little guy online has an 80something Toyota corolla or something and absolutely smokes me. Blows past me like a jet. What is that???? It's a mod or it's just some form of cheating. He'd have to be doing about 300 mph!! Haha. This is why I'm done with online. I promise you I can drive, but I can't overcome cheating, so I'm done. It's a shame because I love GT so much
The P1's a literal downforce machine, so of course it's not gonna have a good top end. And the ZR1? If you're on about the C6, that's literally one of the best cars for drag racing. The C7 is, again, too downforce-heavy to be viable in that regard.

I've been playing this game for a while and I love it! Been A1 since day 1 with GT. But here's my gripe.. I have 3 cars that I have really tuned and put so much work into tuning. Watched every YouTube video, the whole nine yards. The fastest I can make my Zr1 or P1 go is about 230 mph. Which is absolutely scooting by any stretch of the real life human mind!!! That should hold its own against anything in the game (I'm not talking about those BS fake tomahawk cars). But when a little guy online has an 80something Toyota corolla or something and absolutely smokes me. Blows past me like a jet. What is that???? It's a mod or it's just some form of cheating. He'd have to be doing about 300 mph!! Haha.

This is why I'm done with online. I promise you I can drive, but I can't overcome cheating, so I'm done. It's a shame because I love GT so much

Since they're not used in the organised online Daily Races - except sometimes in power/weight/PP-limited races - you don't need to overcome them.

Last edited:
Engine swaps aren’t cheating, or a mod. They’re a part of the game. So are the Tomahawks.

I am not against not having an update once. But they knew they would need some extra work on VR before releasing, I guess. So why didn't they make at least the Dec update something decent? Like some new menu books or something.

I can’t see a “bigger update” in Feb if they decide not to update in Jan. It will just end up being 3/4 cars, maybe a couple of new menus and some scapes and that’s it. Even the Dec update wasn’t actually that big (4 new cars plus the Ferrari VGT which was revealed earlier) tbh.
exactly...update patern will be the same till end of game...

I can’t see a “bigger update” in Feb if they decide not to update in Jan. It will just end up being 3/4 cars, maybe a couple of new menus and some scapes and that’s it. Even the Dec update wasn’t actually that big (4 new cars plus the Ferrari VGT which was revealed earlier) tbh.

We have wait and see, but of kaz is going to by that he can make 60 cars per year, and skipping months they will have increase the car count for some months, i would be fine with skipping some months as long as they are adding more content for next month, but i am not talking just about cars, more like events and so on

We have wait and see, but of kaz is going to by that he can make 60 cars per year, and skipping months they will have increase the car count for some months, i would be fine with skipping some months as long as they are adding more content for next month, but i am not talking just about cars, more like events and so on
I agree partly with your comment...I know they needed to hype the game + people did them a favour with that one...but him saying how planing of updateS should be...PD GOT THAT SERIOUSLY WRONG

He's been sleeping since GT4 came out, it's time he listens to what people want

I fixed that one for you. It's been downhill since then.

I won't mind an update not happening this month, as long as they deliver in February. The game at this point really doesn't offer me that much other than the Time Trials.
Decently fast 5-6 Pepper race AI when???

I would like to think they go for bigger update in february to celebrete the release of psvr2

And if thats the case i am fine skipping january,

But it would better if they told us more whats coming,

I think lotus despite being in datamine has low chance, the evora would be in the game if we had lincence for lotus, i would love the Elise and esprit back

The datamine has helped a bit so we know what cars that might come,

Last edited:
I fixed that one for you. It's been downhill since then.

I won't mind an update not happening this month, as long as they deliver in February. The game at this point really doesn't offer me that much other than the Time Trials.
Decently fast 5-6 Pepper race AI when???
I never played GT4 :lol:

Does anyone remember how many days before an update they announce the “server notice” on the home screen? Can’t remember if its 2 or 3 days beforehand…

I’m not seeing anything today and this Thursday (last of the month) is most often when they update. Hoping it’s tomorrow then.

Unfortunately even if it is I’ll be missing the chance to re-open one of my Invitation tickets. I’ve had 3 Porsche tickets this past month and had to claim the 2nd one two days ago and the third I believe needs to be opened by Wednesday… ugh, such a waste

Last edited:
Does anyone remember how many days before an update they announce the “server notice” on the home screen? Can’t remember if its 2 or 3 days beforehand…
I’m not seeing anything today and this Thursday (last of the month) is most often when they update. Hoping it’s tomorrow then.
Unfortunately even if it is I’ll be missing the chance to re-open one of my Invitation tickets. I’ve had 3 Porsche tickets this past month and had to claim the 2nd one two days ago and the third I believe needs to be opened by Wednesday… ugh, such a waste
Usually it is two days before the update

Sometimes the service notice is just one to two days before an update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back