GT7 Help PS4

United States
Colorado
I just bought GT7 (Feb 19,2024) because I thought that it just came out (USA) but from what I can see people have been playing this game for awhile. Anyway what's the 1st thing I need to do? I did go through the Lic and compleated all of them except the final one. Haven't been able to mater that one yet. Another question I have is how to open up other centers (Brand Central and others). I just started playing Clubman Cup Plus, I've selected my car (Mini-Cooper) and I see that the Useable Try Types is flashing in red. So I go and change my tries from Comfort to Sport which say that this is the required tire. When I go back to start the race it won't let me race due to wrong tire. What do I need to do fix this? What do I do if I din't have the car required, do I have to buy one or what. I've read that you really don't have to buy any car's that you can win (prize car) most of the car's needed to race.

I'm using the PS4 system/controller to play GT7. Is there a "best setting" for the controller and if so what are they.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought GT7 (Feb 19,2024) because I thought that it just came out (USA) but from what I can see people have been playing this game for awhile.
Erm...yes, GT7 released in March 2022, so we're nearing the 2nd anniversary.
how to open up other centers (Brand Central and others).
Keep progressing through the Cafe.

What do I do if I have the right car to race but there's a flashing red light that say wrong tire or needs lower PP? I did try to race & before I can start the race I have to use to right tire. If I go into the Race Shop & clink on the right tire (which I've purchased) and then go back to start the race it still shows the wrong tire.
You merely bought the tires, but buying them from the race shop doesn't install them.

Another question I have is how to open up other centers (Brand Central and others).

Last edited:

You merely bought the tires, but buying them from the race shop doesn't install them.
Ok how do you I stall parts after you buy them? Thank you for getting back to with some answers. Also is the a right settings for the PS4 controller & game settings? One last thing, is there any hints or secrets on getting golds in the Lic Center.

garystevens64

Ok how do you I stall parts after you buy them? Thank you for getting back to with some answers. Also is the a right settings for the PS4 controller & game settings? One last thing, is there any hints or secrets on getting golds in the Lic Center.

garystevens64

Ok how do you I stall parts after you buy them? Thank you for getting back to with some answers. Also is the a right settings for the PS4 controller & game settings? One last thing, is there any hints or 9secrets on getting golds in the Lic Center.

garystevens64
You can change which parts are fitted in the 'car settings' sheet. There are various ways to get there, the most obvious being via the Garage. In your case though, when you're trying to enter an event and can't because your car does not meet requirements, you'll find a general Settings button at the bottom of the entry screen; this will include an option for car settings from which you can either quickly change tyres or open the full detailed settings sheet.

garystevens64
Licenses just take time and practice. I've been playing this game since the original Gran Turismo and I consider myself a pretty mid to high mid level driver and I don't have all the license tests in gold. It's just a matter of time for me. I don't have enough so I concentrate on the things that matter for my enjoyment of the game. It might take me literal years to complete this game (if at all) but I don't really care. I play to unlock the things that actually allow gameplay progression then I go back at my leisure and finish the other things.

But seriously it's just time. Practice. Aim for accuracy over speed and speed will come. Get your braking and gear choice right and as that gets comfortable, add more speed. Some of the license tests are pretty freaking hard, and my best event in this game is time trialing so they should be right up my alley. I still find them difficult.

Licenses just take time and practice. I've been playing this game since the original Gran Turismo and I consider myself a pretty mid to high mid level driver and I don't have all the license tests in gold. It's just a matter of time for me. I don't have enough so I concentrate on the things that matter for my enjoyment of the game. It might take me literal years to complete this game (if at all) but I don't really care. I play to unlock the things that actually allow gameplay progression then I go back at my leisure and finish the other things.

But seriously it's just time. Practice. Aim for accuracy over speed and speed will come. Get your braking and gear choice right and as that gets comfortable, add more speed. Some of the license tests are pretty freaking hard, and my best event in this game is time trialing so they should be right up my alley. I still find them difficult.
Thanks for the info. I've been playing GT since the 1st game came out also. The reason I'm trying to get all golds is for the car prize. I've been able to get silver & gold on most of them but I do have some that I barley make bronze. One question I do have is about the PS4 controller. You can setup your controller under the controller setting. Is there any of them that I need to change from the default? Also what about the other game setting (ABS, Braking,ect.)?I just bought the GT7 PS4 game about a week ago but from what I can see people have been playing it for quite some time. I thought that it just came out. There's not another game that even comes close to what GT offers. I love the game. I just wish that they keep the server on instead of shutting them off after a certain period of time. That way you can play the game for ever. If you happen to have any other helpful hints please let me know. Thanks for responding to my question. I find that some questions people don't really bother with.

garystevens64

Thanks for the info. I've been playing GT since the 1st game came out also. The reason I'm trying to get all golds is for the car prize. I've been able to get silver & gold on most of them but I do have some that I barley make bronze. One question I do have is about the PS4 controller. You can setup your controller under the controller setting. Is there any of them that I need to change from the default? Also what about the other game setting (ABS, Braking,ect.)?I just bought the GT7 PS4 game about a week ago but from what I can see people have been playing it for quite some time. I thought that it just came out. There's not another game that even comes close to what GT offers. I love the game. I just wish that they keep the server on instead of shutting them off after a certain period of time. That way you can play the game for ever. If you happen to have any other helpful hints please let me know. Thanks for responding to my question. I find that some questions people don't really bother with.

garystevens64
I play with a wheel and on PS5 so I'm not the one to ask for controller setups. I used a D pad and x and square for accel and brake right up until I got the wheel.

This forum is pretty good for these kinds of things but many don't answer because most times (not saying you did or did not) the question has been answered and can usually be found with a search for the info you are looking for. It's just as easy to offer help in a post as it is to say "why didn't you search?" But that's not always how people do things on the Internets.

Anyway, good luck finding your info. Wish I could help more.

You can change which parts are fitted in the 'car settings' sheet. There are various ways to get there, the most obvious being via the Garage. In your case though, when you're trying to enter an event and can't because your car does not meet requirements, you'll find a general Settings button at the bottom of the entry screen; this will include an option for car settings from which you can either quickly change tyres or open the full detailed settings sheet.
I'm stuck in GT7 & I don't know what to do. I've done everything that I can so with the current car's that I have won. I'm unable to comtinue because I don't have the right car for the race. I haven't open Brand Central yet so I can't buy any new car's. The one's I do have I've tried to buy better parts from the Parts Store. Once I'm in the Parts Store I select the item that I want . I then go to my Garage & with the car that I'm in I go to the Parts Store tab & it shows my car but it says that there are no items bought. I then go into the Car Settings tab and make some changes in there. There I can see the parts that I just bought so I select them but then when I go into the World Circuit & select a race that I haven't done yet & I can't get in because my PP is to high. I then go into the Car Setting & undo some of my parts back to stock until my PP level is below the requirement. I then look at the Tune Tab & under there the only upgrade that it shows is the tires were changed. No other parts installed. I select start the race & before I even get to the first corner I've been passed by all & I'm in last place & there no way that I can catch up. I've done all of the Licenses except I'm stuck on the very last one where you have to drive that car on a wet track. So far I haven't been able to even make one lap without sliding off the track. So what the heck do I do?????

garystevens64

I...am not sure what to say at this point. You didn't tell us the fully story, so it's hard to comment on anything. What I can clarify however, is...
Parts Store I select the item that I want . I then go to my Garage & with the car that I'm in I go to the Parts Store tab & it shows my car but it says that there are no items bought. I then go into the Car Settings tab and make some changes in there. There I can see the parts that I just bought
The parts section in your garage is for parts won from tickets only. As such, parts you've bought are always associated with the car you bought them for.

Last edited:
Where does the yellow compass icon on your home page appear?
The yellow compass shows about the World Circuits Races. When I go in any of those races (America, Europe and Asia-Oceania) I've completed all the races except for the High Speedring Race. I do have a car that shows I can use (Toyota Supra RC '19). But when I start the race I get passed by everybody before the 1st conner & there's no way I can catch them. But if I try to add some upgrades (Parts Store) I'm then over the PP limit. So I'm stuck & three's not a lot I can do except try to get all golds in the License Center. Any suggestion? Thanks for responding so quickly.

garystevens64

The yellow compass shows about the World Circuits Races. When I go in any of those races (America, Europe and Asia-Oceania) I've completed all the races except for the High Speedring Race.
What Menu Book are you currently doing?

What Menu Book are you currently doing?
I believe that I just finished Book 4 High Speed Ring, I finished 1st but I didn't get any gifts or new places opening up.The one's I'm stuck on are Brand Hatch (GT Cup, Gr4). With the Toyota Supra RC '19 & the Good Wood (Club Cup) with the Mini-Cooper '65. I've tried to upgrade the Mini only to have my PP to high so I couldn't enter the race until I lowered the PP. Once I did that I couldn't keep up with the other cars. I was almost in last place by the time I hit the 2nd corner. Any suggestions?? Thanks for all the help. I'm sure you have better things to do that helping me future this stuff out. I can't believe that I missed the day it came out. I thought that I just came out a couple of weeks ago. I think that I bought it around the 1st of the month. When I got back on to GTPlanet I saw that everybody was already playing it for quite a while. I guess better late than never. Right

I believe that I just finished Book 4 High Speed Ring
The current Menu Book is displayed in the top-left corner of the screen.
The one's I'm stuck on are Brand Hatch (GT Cup, Gr4)
That isn't a Menu Book race, so it isn't one you should bother with right now as it won't help you progress in the game at all.
the Good Wood (Club Cup) with the Mini-Cooper '65
Only the Sunday Cup Classic race at Goodwood is a Menu Book race, and that's in Menu Book 3 - before the Menu Book you say you're on, so not relevant.

However Menu Book 4 is a Championship race - "Championship: High Speed Ring Track Day" - not a regular World Circuits race. When you head into World Circuits you'll need to look at the bottom of the screen, not in any of the three continents, for the relevant icon - which should have the gold compass on it.

I thought that I just came out a couple of weeks ago.
We're just about ten days from the game's second anniversary...

Last edited:
I believe that I just finished Book 4 High Speed Ring
Just in case Famines response isnt enough of a hint.
1708603634153.png

1708603766653.png

As long as you are having started a menu book, there will always be that golden compass icon attached to the icon you need to select, like it is in my first screenshot.
It will also show on the special events, unlike my 2nd screenshot where it is locked to a region (different menu book).

That race is with pretty low powered cars, and depending on difficulty setting or how good you can carry speed through the corners it can definitly be won with one of the cars you should have at this point of progress (without any modifications required).

Also worth a look, all events either have a
suggest PP level - your can can be better than this. This is usually the case for most of the races available at the beginning.
PP limit - your car can not have more PP than this. This one will be default setting for most of the "advanced" races.
or BoP enabled - the cars are locked, and tuning usually is disabled at all, but for online mode suspension and LSD can be changed to fit ones driving or tweak out negative quirks that a car propably has. This one usually is used when the event requires any actual racing car.

The current Menu Book is displayed in the top-left corner of the screen.

That isn't a Menu Book race, so it isn't one you should bother with right now as it won't help you progress in the game at all.

Only the Sunday Cup Classic race at Goodwood is a Menu Book race, and that's in Menu Book 3 - before the Menu Book you say you're on, so not relevant.

However Menu Book 4 is a Championship race - "Championship: High Speed Ring Track Day" - not a regular World Circuits race. When you head into World Circuits you'll need to look at the bottom of the screen, not in any of the three continents, for the relevant icon - which should have the gold compass on it.

We're just about ten days from the game's second anniversary...
Ok I'm in Menu Book 4. When I went to the World Circuits & it pulled up the 3 regions I didn't know that on the bottom of the screen it showed what you need to complete & by clicking on it it would take you to the race or races that you need to complete. I did those races that I had cars for. So as of now I think that I'm ok with getting around in the game. I do have one question though. Now that I've opened up Brand Central when I go into it it shows me what region that I've opened so I click on that region & look at the cars that are now available for me to get.. I go through a check out each car. & then I go back to the World Screen & it still shows a make above the Brand Central & no matter what I do I can't get that to change. What do I need to do? Thank again for all of your help.

garystevens64

Just in case Famines response isnt enough of a hint.
View attachment 1330431

View attachment 1330433
As long as you are having started a menu book, there will always be that golden compass icon attached to the icon you need to select, like it is in my first screenshot.
It will also show on the special events, unlike my 2nd screenshot where it is locked to a region (different menu book).

That race is with pretty low powered cars, and depending on difficulty setting or how good you can carry speed through the corners it can definitly be won with one of the cars you should have at this point of progress (without any modifications required).

Also worth a look, all events either have a
suggest PP level - your can can be better than this. This is usually the case for most of the races available at the beginning.
PP limit - your car can not have more PP than this. This one will be default setting for most of the "advanced" races.
or BoP enabled - the cars are locked, and tuning usually is disabled at all, but for online mode suspension and LSD can be changed to fit ones driving or tweak out negative quirks that a car propably has. This one usually is used when the event requires any actual racing car.
You are the man. I didn't know that you can click on the bottom of the screen to go into the race or races that you need to complete. Thanks you so much for your help.

Now that I've opened up Brand Central when I go into it it shows me what region that I've opened so I click on that region & look at the cars that are now available for me to get.. I go through a check out each car. & then I go back to the World Screen & it still shows a make above the Brand Central & no matter what I do I can't get that to change. What do I need to do?
Can you provide a screenshot? It's difficult to know exactly what you're talking about without one; the process is east and detailed here:

You can then post the image here in your message.

I'm not aware of any circumstances where a make appears above Brand Central. If you mean mark there's two possibilities; a red dot means there's a new car/cars to look at (only selecting the car's colour will clear the mark), while a purple envelope means you have an exclusive Brand Invitation which allows you to purchase certain cars (ten in total) from the brand/s for which you have an Brand Invitation - but these are expensive vehicles, and the Invitation will expire 30 days after opening it.

Can you provide a screenshot? It's difficult to know exactly what you're talking about without one; the process is east and detailed here:

I'm not aware of any circumstances where a make appears above Brand Central. If you mean mark there's two possibilities; a red dot means there's a new car/cars to look at (only selecting the car's colour will clear the mark), while a purple envelope means you have an exclusive Brand Invitation which allows you to purchase certain cars (ten in total) from the brand/s for which you have an Brand Invitation - but these are expensive vehicles, and the Invitation will expire 30 days after opening it.
Thank you for responding so quickly but I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong. When I was in Brand Central & viewing the new cars that I can use I was missing one of the new cars. Once I saw that there was a mark by the car I new that I hadn't viewed that car yet & once I did that fixed everything.

But I do have a problem that I can't figure out. It with buying upgraded parts. With my current car I go into the Parts Store & but new parts. I then return to my Garage still in the same car. I go to the Tuning Parts tab & it shows my car that I'm in but it says that I have 0 parts. Why doesn't it show the parts that I just bought? I then go into the Car Setting. When I'm in there I change & add all of the new parts that I just bought. I save that setting & then I go back into the Tuning Parts & it still shows 0 parts. Once again, why doesn't it show that parts that I just bought & the parts that I just changed in the Car Settings?

garystevens64

But I do have a problem that I can't figure out. It with buying upgraded parts. With my current car I go into the Parts Store & but new parts. I then return to my Garage still in the same car. I go to the Tuning Parts tab & it shows my car that I'm in but it says that I have 0 parts. Why doesn't it show the parts that I just bought? I then go into the Car Setting. When I'm in there I change & add all of the new parts that I just bought. I save that setting & then I go back into the Tuning Parts & it still shows 0 parts. Once again, why doesn't it show that parts that I just bought & the parts that I just changed in the Car Settings?
This was answered earlier:
The parts section in your garage is for parts won from tickets only.
Parts that you buy are automatically applied to your car.

Can you tell me what do you do if you get an invitation? I got one under Europe and then under Ferrari. When I selected it it shows the last 3 Farrari's with a invitation for each car. All 3 of these cars are really expensive and I don't even have enough money now to buy one. So is there anything that I need to do here?

garystevens64

Can you tell me what do you do if you get an invitation? I got one under Europe and then under Ferrari. When I selected it it shows the last 3 Farrari's with a invitation for each car. All 3 of these cars are really expensive and I don't even have enough money now to buy one. So is there anything that I need to do here?
Essentially you need the Invitation for that brand to buy the relevant cars, and you have 30 days after receiving the Invitation to do so. There's no need to do it if you don't want to, but be aware that you can only buy them with the Invitation and that Invitations are rare.

As you have little GT Cafe progress, your best bet is to do as many Circuit Experiences as you can right now and get all golds, as these are the best way to get lots of money very quickly.

As you have little GT Cafe progress, your best bet is to do as many Circuit Experiences as you can right now and get all golds, as these are the best way to get lots of money very quickly.
With all due respect, I think getting all gold is a tall order.

However, merely bronzing as many CE's as possible is still income nonetheless.

This was answered earlier:

Parts that you buy are automatically applied to your car.
I can't figure out what I need to do and I can't go any further until I fix it. When I was in the Cafe I had a new Menu Book. After I open it up I'm told that there are parts available for me to buy for my Mini Cooper '65. So I go into the Parts Store and select some parts. I then go back out of it but it stills shows that gold compass over the Parts Store. What do I need to do to get to the next sessions because as of now I stuck and I'm unable to go any further. Again thank you for all of your help. There's not very many responses to my question since the game is almost a year old now.

garystevens64

With all due respect, I think getting all gold is a tall order.
If he's got all golds on the licences, not so much.
When I was in the Cafe I had a new Menu Book. After I open it up I'm told that there are parts available for me to buy for my Mini Cooper '65. So I go into the Parts Store and select some parts. I then go back out of it but it stills shows that gold compass over the Parts Store. What do I need to do to get to the next sessions because as of now I stuck and I'm unable to go any further.
That Menu Book requires you to tune the Mini to 360PP or more.

You need to buy parts that increase power or decrease weight, or tyres, until the Mini's Performance Points exceed 360.

Back