GT7 is just GT Sport+ (Trailer Breakdown)

Visually? Definitely.

This seems like it was intended to be a launch title, but maybe pushed back a bit because of Covid-19.

I hope that at the very least they fix the LOD transition and shadow cascading. Also increase the amount of cars on track.

I just don’t think PD wants to cut their user base down to nothing when their World Tournament is becoming so popular.

Again, it's really not that popular as you keep claiming.

You ignored it the first time so I'll post it again, 93% of players with the game have done 10 or less races total in Sport Mode.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=sport_play_ratio

82% have done zero. ZERO.

The user base playing in the online sport tournaments is a big minority. It's not a coincidence that Kaz specifically started out the trailer telling people about the campaign mode and the trailer was 75% GT4 nostalgia.

PD clearly see the numbers as well. Sport Mode ain't what most people want.

Or maybe because most people cant or didn't afford Playstation Plus to enjoy the game.

Well, unless Sony is going to make PS+ free for PS5 then I don't think that changes much.

Exactly. If they wanted it badly enough, they would pay the entrance fee. If they had no intention of doing so but still bought the game then one could infer they never intended to use the online system. Either way, it's not what they're going to play.

What i gathered from this thread:

85e7b78493be8fc27afe3ecc4424fcb53fd9b4e6c936d457515b7870d56fccbc_1.jpg

My question is will GT7 be a Simulator For Drivers or just a game for kids under driving age.
It will be as much a simulator as past GT games relative to the technology available to it IMO. Gran Turismo has always been realistic enough to feel real but accessible enough for all to enjoy. And by that I don't mean easy, because a simulator shouldn't be too hard to drive any car fast, some "simulators" are a lot harder to drive certain cars fast than it is to do so in real life. Gran Turismo is realistic, but it's not the most realistic driving sim available and I think that is the same position it will be in when GT7 comes out.

Again, it's really not that popular as you keep claiming.

You ignored it the first time so I'll post it again, 93% of players with the game have done 10 or less races total in Sport Mode.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=sport_play_ratio

82% have done zero. ZERO.

The user base playing in the online sport tournaments is a big minority. It's not a coincidence that Kaz specifically started out the trailer telling people about the campaign mode and the trailer was 75% GT4 nostalgia.

PD clearly see the numbers as well. Sport Mode ain't what most people want.

I am part of the 82%.
I don't have much time to dedicate to GTS.
Never bought a PSN plus, until recently, and I still haven't activated it yet because... I just don't have time.

Or maybe because most people cant or didn't afford Playstation Plus to enjoy the game.

Exactly...
Whether or not it is a financial issue, but the biggest problem is to legitimize or rationalize the cost of a subscription when you barely have time to even enjoy the offline section.

My question is will GT7 be a Simulator For Drivers or just a game for kids under driving age.

Yes and No..., No and yes, .... I meant Yes and Yes, and No and no...

It will pretty much be the same formula it has always been since GT1...

gran_turismo_sport_video_f_960x540c1pcenter.jpg

Last edited:
First off, I want to start with the biggest glaring issue that I have seen from this trailer. I will add more posts but I wanted to start off with the biggest FU we got from PD regarding GT7.

The big red flag that GT7 is just a continuation of GT Sport and that both games will be running concurrently within the Gran Turismo Tournament series. The implications of this are pretty glaring for what we all were hoping we would get with a new iteration, we will NOT get a new physics model that will harness the power of the PS5.

Bm1fXPB.png

As you can see from the capture of the GT7 menu that "GT Sport Live" is included. As you may know, this includes videos from the tournament event series. This means that GT7 will participate in the GT Sport tournament series because it wouldn't be included in a game that didn't have it.

What does this mean?
  • GT 7's online multiplayer section will in fact be GT Sports Weekly Race and Tournament Series, they are and will be exactly the same.
  • GT 7 will have the same exact physics as GT Sport
  • GT 7 will not utilize the PS5's power for a better physics model
Another dead giveaway:

KzwqZko.png

This "Multiplayer" section is definitely a pretty bland placeholder. Never has any modern online game ever used the term "multiplayer", PD does not use that terminology either.

The reason behind the disguise is the fact that this will actually be called "GT Sport". In line with the rest of the naming scheme from this menu.

Yes, GT Sport's online portion will be the core of GT7 online racing.

If you are an online racer only and don't care about career mode, why would you buy this game? Just the upscaled (2)4k and 120Hz rate?

I'll add some more contentious points from the trailer in subsequent posts.
One of the most outrageous and nonsensical posts I’ve seen in a long time, let me tell you that.

You have no clue whatsoever about anything you just said.

I hope that at the very least they fix the LOD transition and shadow cascading. Also increase the amount of cars on track.
What’s it gonna be? Improved visuals or more cars on track? You can’t eat the cake and keep it.

Yes, the PS5 is more powerful, but PD are no wizards. If you want them to fix the LOD and shadows while keeping it at 60fps, I’d say decrease the amount of cars on track instead of increase.

Last edited:
One of the most outrageous and nonsensical posts I’ve seen in a long time, let me tell you that.

What’s it gonna be? Improved visuals or more cars on track? You can’t eat the cake and keep it.

Yes, the PS5 is more powerful, but PD are no wizards. If you want them to fix the LOD and shadows while keeping it at 60fps, I’d say decrease the amount of cars on track instead of increase.

You can when you have the fastest SSD in the market.

The menus are full of typos, with rediculeous measurements for cars, UI in race mode is exact.

There's not even sound affects yet for the menus.

PD have quickly put stuff together with Ray-traced graphics which were shown a year and half ago in a tech demo...It's not easy for them during lockdown and this is similar case to when GT Sport was shown.

The menus are full of typos, with rediculeous measurements for cars, UI in race mode is exact.

There's not even sound affects yet for the menus.

PD have quickly put stuff together with Ray-traced graphics which were shown a year and half ago in a tech demo...It's not easy for them during lockdown and this is similar case to when GT Sport was shown.

Yeah, 'Torque' is missing a letter, and all the measurements were missing decimal places (so the GT86 went from being 4.2 to 42 meters long). The games early in development (or at least a very early build was shown), and honestly, I completely forgot about COVID's effect on game development over the past few months - progress has probably been slow since like, early March, so I guess they didn't have much of a choice using a really old build

You can when you have the fastest SSD in the market.
It’s not the fastest SSD on the market, but even if it was, what makes you think that would make everything possible?

The SSDs pretty much eliminate the need for LOD pop in just as we've seen in the UE5 demo.
Aah, the UE5 demo, which runs at 30fps. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

I think after watching nx gamer his analysis of gt7 pointing out the lod pop in,at first i was like wait a minute,there using new tech right? But then i looked closely and i saw lod pop-in, kind of confirms they using gts engine and gts on ps4 also has lod pop-in,i was dissapointed to see that,the comparison i'm making with ratchet & clank and horizon forbidden west,there was no lod pop-in or transition especially with ratchet loading from area/world you name it and i was gonna buy it day 1 but instead i'll wait for it to go on sale say for 20-30 euro my currency,this imo is not worth the full price there asking for when it comes out,i truly believe that turn 10,knowing the history of how forza 7 was developed they'll use xsx as the lead platform and scaledown to x1x,x1s if thats technically possible,i'd be surprised if they would build from Either x1s,x to xsx!!

Rjo
I think after watching nx gamer his analysis of gt7 pointing out the lod pop in,at first i was like wait a minute,there using new tech right? But then i looked closely and i saw lod pop-in,and gts on ps4 also has lod pop-in,i was dissapointed to see that,the comparison i'm making with ratchet & clank and horizon forbidden west,there was no lod pop-in or transition especially with ratchet loading from area/world you name it and i was gonna buy it day 1 but instead i'll wait for it to go om sale say for 20-30 euro my currency,this imo is not worth the full price there asking for when it comes out,i truly believe that turn 10,knowing the history of how forza 7 was developed they'll use xsx as the lead platform and scaledown to x1x,x1s if thats technically possible,i'd be surprised if they would build from Either x1s,x to xsx!!
What?

Im not joking,the gameplay section when they come up to that 1st cornery tunnel bit you see the lights pop in and at the long tunnel bit on the right at the end of coming out the tunnel you see the lod-in change on the trees and shadows,nx saw it and i saw it as well!! Personally considering ps5's ssd tech this should NEVER be the case on a ps5 imo!

Last edited:
Back