GT7 Launch Week Hype - Spoiler Free Thread

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 57 comments
Good idea!

I certainly can’t be the only one who accidentally saw more than I wanted to, and it’s damn hard not to when it comes to a GT game. But.. all that aside..

I’m so excited. Finally being able to customize our cars in more depth than before. Now that rollcages are a thing I hope weight reductions are visible too.

Last edited:
Yep I'm excited too! And ditto on seeing more than I wanted to. I understand there are not spoilers as such, but I like to find out all those little touches on my own. I want to be surprised!

Me too, I don’t mind seeing races etc but fitment of bodyparts.. nu-uh. I want to experience that myself. The smile on my face will be.. well. Epic. :D

So, who of you is going to play first thing Friday and who is staying up late? I have the day off Friday, so I'm going to bed early and I'll be up bright and early to see that intro video. I'll just put on the kettle and settle in for most of the day!

My wife is already prepared to lose her husband for the day ;)

I have a meeting on friday morning, buuut no missions for the rest of the day so I might tell my boss he doesn’t need to give me any so I too can stay home and play. :lol: Getting paid no matter what anyway.

Probably going to stay up late on thursday though.

I already saw the intro. Third time it got posted I couldn’t help myself but click it. I wanted to wait. It was hard!

Last edited:
I have a meeting on friday morning, buuut no missions for the rest of the day so I might tell my boss he doesn’t need to give me any so I too can stay home and play. :lol: Getting paid no matter what anyway.

Probably going to stay up late on thursday though.

I already saw the intro. Third time it got posted I couldn’t help myself but click it. I wanted to wait. It was hard!
Hahaha I ALMOST did. But I didn't want to watch on my phone, I wanted to hear through my sound system.

I’ve got it preordered on Amazon but am working Friday (probably delivering a few copies Friday ) might have my copy by 6:30 am but won’t be able to install it till 2pm. I have made a pact with wife , She’s watching the Paralympic’s and I can play GT7 so I have a 10 day free pass outside of work hours.

So, who of you is going to play first thing Friday and who is staying up late? I have the day off Friday, so I'm going to bed early and I'll be up bright and early to see that intro video. I'll just put on the kettle and settle in for most of the day!

I've got a physical preorder AE at my local Gamestop, so I'll lost a bit of time Friday installing, but I booked Friday and Monday off for extra time! :lol:

I think it's safe to say that official news is welcome!
I thought this was supposed to be a "spoiler free" thread?
🤦🏼‍♂️ Last I checked, State of Play was official news.

What we want to avoid here is gameplay/info that is spread by early players.

Last edited:
I'm not off Friday but I am on earlies so should be getting my delivery around midday to start installing and then getting to boot the game up around 4pm, it will be interesting to see what we have access to in Sport mode or if we'll need to grind through some of the early single player mode before we can join.

As usual with GT, it's cockpit view only for me so I'm looking forward to improvements in graphics and detailing here, especially on PS5, and seeing some of the new additions!

@Famine I don't know if you're a dad or not, but you have the jokes part down

If anyone wants to meet for a little....uh....meet Saturday morning first thing, let me know. Just to sorta show off the small amoubt we have done, I'd be game, depending on when (Bic44 on PS).

I still only have the PS4, but that shouldn't make a difference for online I don't believe

@Famine I don't know if you're a dad or not, but you have the jokes part down

If anyone wants to meet for a little....uh....meet Saturday morning first thing, let me know. Just to sorta show off the small amoubt we have done, I'd be game, depending on when (Bic44 on PS).

I still only have the PS4, but that shouldn't make a difference for online I don't believe
I used to be big on the dad jokes too, when my first was born. But puns.. noone is as bad as my friend. I’m a telecom technician and needless to say I use utp cables for every customer I’m at. Because he’s fond of bathroom humor: once when I had a day off I sent him a pic of a blurry brown cable (if you know what I mean) with the caption "I work from home today". He told almost fell off his office chair laughing. :dopey:

And yes I’d be game to meet up, maybe test the new meet function!

Last edited:
I used to be big on the dad jokes too, when my first was born. But puns.. noone is as bad as my friend. I’m a telecom technician and needless to say I use utp cables for every customer I’m at. Because he’s fond of bathroom humor: once when I had a day off I sent him a pic of a blurry brown cable (if you know what I mean) with the caption "I work from home today". He told almost fell off his office chair laughing. :dopey:

And yes I’d be game to meet up, maybe test the new meet function!
Meet function? I don't think I know about this!

Meet function? I don't think I know about this!
If it is a spoiler then I must humbly apologize, I’m pretty sure we saw a glimpse of it in the State of Play. I can delete it? :scared:

Last edited:

I will be staying up on Thursday, I need to play this game at 00:01 March 4th!

I will be staying up on Thursday, I need to play this game at 00:01 March 4th!
That's dedication! Going by the timer, looks like it'll release at 1am for me (I'm in Eastern Canada, so I'm on Atlantic time, which is +1 of ET). I'm usually asleep around 11, so I'd get vary little time in before I fell asleep with a controller in my hand!

That's dedication! Going by the timer, looks like it'll release at 1am for me (I'm in Eastern Canada, so I'm on Atlantic time, which is +1 of ET). I'm usually asleep around 11, so I'd get vary little time in before I fell asleep with a controller in my hand!
I'm in the Netherlands it releases at 00:01 march 4th here, that's Central European Time, and I'll probably stay awake that night with the help of lots of coffee and not taking my sleep meds (I don't sleep anyway when I don't take them).

84574D00-71B8-4011-B23E-0B826AC2E7F3.jpeg

Taken just now. The name below is my fathers name, and my first born sons name as well. He’s finally old enough to begin his GT journey (maybe not 100% yet, but gotta try!)

Edit: I remember the GT6 First Love Livestream.. I made it to the top of the thank you credits in the end movie thanks to this tattoo. :D A very proud moment in my life. I still have ACPs autographed Lancer photo.

Last edited:
Back