GT7 Multi-class racing

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 67 comments
Australia
Australia
Back in the GT Sport trailer, there was the Audi LMP racing with GT3 cars. That implied multi-class racing. Maybe even replicating WEC. It’s no lie that we can choose different class in one race, but not an even bank of cars in any two classes.
From both trailers, look like the same one car only from different classes. This time, the Supra Gr.4 can be seen in a field of Gr.3 cars at the end of the trailer. Sure, we don’t see the whole field, but this is PD…

Just yoinked this pic from Famine in the car list.
1631630904021.png

Shows two cars from each class. Vantage GT3, R92CP, 787B and 911 RSR. Hopefully, this confirms proper multi-class grids.

Last edited:
Just yoinked this pic from Famine in the car list.
View attachment 1080317
Shows two cars from each class. Vantage GT3, R92CP, 787B and 911 RSR. Hopefully, this confirms proper multi-class grids.
The closing shot looking through the Ford Chicane also shows a mix of Gr.3 and Gr.4...

Yeah, the Evo have a white decal on the bootlid.
Could be the GR.4 Viper ahead though. In that dark charcoal grey maroon burgundyish metallic matte

If multi-class racing is truly in, I wonder what sort of ramifications that could have on the FIAGTCs? Like, maybe you could hold the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Series simultaneously during each race, where the Manufacturers Series would be using Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars as usual, but the Nations Cup would be using other classes, such as various road cars, Gr.1/Gr.B racers, or even something in Gr.X like the Honda 2&4 Concept.

EDIT: And you'd still be able to have Nations Cup rounds that feature Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars, but they'd be when the Manufacturers Series is using the other one.

Last edited:
I am very hyped to see this is now a real possibility from the trailer.

Have longed for multi class since Sport launched so that I could have race lobbies with friends etc where we could show off our anime liveries etc so if multi class happens this now means I can finally show my liveries against each other aka 787B with Lancer Evo etc.

Also I hope that we can import our liveries from Sport!

If multi-class racing is truly in, I wonder what sort of ramifications that could have on the FIAGTCs? Like, maybe you could hold the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Series simultaneously during each race, where the Manufacturers Series would be using Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars as usual, but the Nations Cup would be using other classes, such as various road cars, Gr.1/Gr.B racers, or even something in Gr.X like the Honda 2&4 Concept.

EDIT: And you'd still be able to have Nations Cup rounds that feature Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars, but they'd be when the Manufacturers Series is using the other one.
The option I was suggesting, for future FIA Manu sign ups, is for players that only want to do Gr.3 or Gr.4 races. Separate the points between the two. When I look at the points tally, many aren’t even racing. Barely doing one race and blanks for most the season. In real life, some racers only do GT3. Some only do GT4. An option for players to choose the series they like best in the car they like, should be an option. Still keeps players from choosing the META in both series(though there’s not really a META across a season).
Nations would remain as is.

Well honestly hopefully we get multi class racing but trailers can be deceptive.

Also dont mind a custom grid tool especially for custom races.

The next step is in custom races to choose from many categories at last....

I'm just fantasizing to the degree of not just being able to select what individual cars we want to race against in a custom race, but what liveries they use. Perhaps being able to select liveries you've saved from others or indeed your own.

It could be as easy as just selecting from a list of cars in a particular class that you would like to race against as an A.I. competitor, and then having an additional option to apply a custom livery from your catalogue of saved or personally made liveries, for that particular car.

Custom championships would be great too.

Edit: That along with an overdue massive improvement to the A.I....... Maaan, I'd only ever appear online unless I absolutely have to.

Last edited:
It looks like the N/Gr system has gone in favour of a new version of the PP system which is influenced by vehicle settings - not just power/weight. That means multiclass racing is possible, and PD can also enforce a specific BOP to create single-class racing...

My hunch is that these "multiclass" things will be balanced by their performance point ratings or whatever it's called. Enjoy 800 horsepower GT3s running against 500 horsepower prototypes. :crazy:

f771c33507cb6b9c06717bc786398b6b.jpg

Personally, I would mention that during the announcement trailer for GT Sport, you could clearly see multiple classes of cars on the Nurburgring. It didn't mean we got multiclass racing there though.
Yeah, that’s the first I noticed the car ahead of the Audi. Still don’t know why that didn’t happen.

@Jordan and @Famine, would you all be able to ask Kaz about multi-class racing? An even split of classes or customisable grid?

a handfull of us tried to get an online group to run multiclass but it doesn't work out when only 2 drivers were willing to take slower class cars

I wonder if that means they can enforce multiple BoPs to actually enforce multi-class racing, rather than merely "allowing" it. For example in Sport mode perhaps you could choose your class and compete for a class win and the slim chance of an overall win. Perhaps the campaign mode could have that function as well. Maybe they'll have a storyline where you have to compete in lower classes of multi-class races before you get upgraded cars to compete in the next class.

That’s what I’ve been suggesting and hoping. Makes sense in the vintage races as well. Players can choose a Mini ‘65 and still fight other Minis and say the Gordini, for that class win.

Thinking of some series to somewhat replicate with the current car list:

Trans American Series 1966-1972
  • Boss 429 ‘69(no sign of a Boss 302, at the moment)
  • Challenger ‘70
  • Super Bee ‘70
  • Mini Cooper S ‘65(as as well get to an Austin Cooper)
  • VW 1200 ‘66(might not be a Super Beetle, but it’s in)
** could include KPGC10 Skyline ‘71, if no Nissan Bluebird(510)**

European Touring Car Championship
  • BMW CSL(‘71 and/or ‘72)
  • Boss 429 ‘69
  • 300 SEL ‘71
  • Mini Cooper S ‘65

Le Mans 24H(historic 1970->)
  • 917K ‘70
  • 365GTB/4 ‘71
  • Corvette C3 ‘69(participated in 1971)
  • A110 ‘72

Le Man’s 24H(historic 1968-1970)
  • 917K ‘70
  • Ford GT40 ‘66
  • Alpine A220 ‘68
  • Corvette C3 ‘69
  • 365 GTB/4 ‘71(DNS in 1969)

Le Mans 24H(Historic 1966-1967)
  • Ford GT40 Mark IV ’67 and/or Mark I ‘66)
  • Ferrari 330 P4 ‘67
  • Alpine A220 ‘68
  • Alpine A110 ‘72(similar style from ‘65-‘77)
  • Corvette C2 ‘62
  • Cobra Daytona ‘65
  • Shelby GT350 ‘65
  • Alfa TZ2 ‘65

Le Mans 24H(Historic 1960-1965)
  • 250 GTO ‘62
  • Cobra Daytona ‘65
  • Jaguar E-Type ‘61
  • Alpine A220 ‘68
  • Alfa TZ2 ‘65
  • Alpine A110 ‘72
can add 250 GTO Berlinetta ‘61, 330 P4 ‘67, Ford GT40 Mk I ‘66

The biggest issue is grid size. I hosted a Michelin Pilot Challenge themed series with GS and TCR Class cars which did well, but would have been so much better with at least 4 more grid spots. We ran 10 spots for the GS Class and 6 for the TCR. Had TCR been run at an even 10, it would have made the series exponentially better imo. Here's to hoping they bump the open lobby grid size to at least 20.

Back in the GT Sport trailer, there was the Audi LMP racing with GT3 cars. That implied multi-class racing.
... No. I just see a Gran Turismo gimmick here.

If this is supposed to be a proof of multiclass racing, then we would have multiclass racing since 20 years.

... No. I just see a Gran Turismo gimmick here.

If this is supposed to be a proof of multiclass racing, then we would have multiclass racing since 20 years.

There’s multi-class racing in the Missions Challenges, some what of multi-class in the Nostalgic events(Le Man’s prototypes, GT cars and slower models) and the JGTC portion of GT Sport Campaign races. We just can’t customise our races exactly like those challenges, in Custom Race. Only other place to do it are a Lobby. Ain’t got no time for that. ;)

Last edited:
Are you talking about just for offline mode? In the GTS league section many people run multi class races and I love them!

The biggest issue is grid size. I hosted a Michelin Pilot Challenge themed series with GS and TCR Class cars which did well, but would have been so much better with at least 4 more grid spots. We ran 10 spots for the GS Class and 6 for the TCR. Had TCR been run at an even 10, it would have made the series exponentially better imo. Here's to hoping they bump the open lobby grid size to at least 20.
Yea I was really wanting GT7 to at least go up to 25 players even if’s only PS5! This would make it a lot better! I vouch for anybody who has free time look into novas league! Snail and the ARL guys are a fun group to race with!

Back