GT7 Online Time Trial/Lap Time Challenge Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter seadog777
  • 48,542 comments
  • 5,318,487 views
You asshole! :lol:
I was just coming in here to give you some šŸ’©šŸ¤£ Then I see the 1:08 lap! Dammit! Stop mowing the grass man!
Hehe, congrats, great lap, but I will be trying again. :cheers:
I legitimately have no idea where that lap came from, so...I will not attempt to improve further.

I'll probably race before the beer pairing tonight, so I guess I'll give the Red Bull one more go, even if I don't have a clue how to go any faster in it.
 
1a11786a5dd47-screenshotUrl.webp

1a1178622f793-screenshotUrl.webp


Took abit but once I finally figured out the exit out of the esses as well as T10A, that is when it all came together.

 
Why would I restart every lap?

Perhaps not World Series ones, but a number of other tie ins have been there for a while. The Mercedes one was a month.
Because you (or I) mess up there nearly every time? Or T5.

Yeah, GTWS ones are the usual time and coincide with the other usual new one. AMG Virtual, sure. The GT film tie-in TT also ran for a month, otherwise that’s pretty rare.
 
The Red Bull is still awful. It's the vehicular version of a coin flip.

Somehow, I managed multiple best laps, ultimately down to a 1:35.514...with an optimum taunting me of a .067, which the car will not let me obtain.

Still...massive improvement where I expected very little. I got into the 1:35s early with a .910 (on lap 8...after restarting a third time...a number of laps run in two sessions before that before I exited out of the TT completely and entered back in for this one), then a .684 on lap 27, and then this one the lap right after.

Guess I'm glad I chose to go back.

I still hate this car.
 
As the Red bull St croix TT, is coming to closure in a few hours, I gave it anotheaaa crack and managed a good silver time!!! even pipping my boy Dudetuna by 300ths!!! LFG!!!

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20261007221541.webpGran Turismoā„¢ 7_20261007221548.webpGran Turismoā„¢ 7_20261007221351.webpGran Turismoā„¢ 7_20261007221521.webp
 
When it looks like this...

1791425802270.webp


... my natural instinct is to pick the BMW! Especially since we drove the 963 at Sarthe not too long ago.

I understand there was about a .2 advantage so there was the possibility to gain some more time here but hey ho, whatever. I wanted to stay in the BMW. Ideally we'd all be driving it but I understand the Petit Le Mans idea. Perhaps better applied to a race. :)

3485.webp



The X2019 is a car I’m really done with, I’ll reiterate what I said last time around, I’d like to see it retired.

Short off tangent thing, Nations in GTWS used to be mostly about various combinations of road cars but pretty annoyingly it has with time simply become X2019 Cup. The odd thing might pop up here and there but X2019 remains central, in particular in the live finals but also in the online qualifiers.

You could theoretically be excellent at a lot of oddball road car combos but if you’re ā€œonlyā€ good/pretty good and not insanely out of this world level good in the X2019 you’ve already lost before you’ve even set foot at a live event (assuming a case where a player like that might qualify) I think that’s quite unfortunate.

Two sessions, 1,100 kms. Incredibly difficult. I can admit that it took some of these corners pretty amazingly (once nailed), namely the first two sectors and the fast left before the bridge. The entry onto and exit off the bridge however were ridiculously sketchy with how uneven the tarmac is. Anyway, it’s far from fun at this point...

I had the pace to hit a 34 but couldn’t string it all together, always losing the great lap exiting the bridge or due to nerves in the final corners. Was using Calster’s ghost (34.8) 0,1 offset and was ahead of him several times just before the bridge but yeah, didn’t manage. I knew I would bail out (mentally check out) at a 35.1 even if a 34.8 or .9 was there, and that’s exactly it went in the end. The final search and push for a couple of tenths more would require too much energy and time that I didn’t feel like spending this time around.

Heavy fatigue with this car. No more, please. I think this was the 8th time? Correct me if I’m wrong.

For the December GTWS Tokyo grand final event, make the tie-in TT the sprint combo instead of the final main race, whatever that might be it’ll surely be better.


3486.webp


Yet again a car we’ve already driven in a TT. How are we doing repeats with so many unused cars still? :confused::banghead:
 
I think this was the 8th time? Correct me if I’m wrong.
Seventh, but ninth if you count the Junior version.

NumberStart dateEnd dateTrackCar
3720-Jul-2303-Aug-23Circuit de Spa-FrancorchampsGran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior
12119-Dec-2402-Jan-25Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP LayoutGran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior
1308-Dec-2222-Dec-22Michelin Raceway Road AtlantaGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
9027-Jun-2411-Jul-24Michelin Raceway Road AtlantaGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
10719-Sep-2403-Oct-24Grand Valley - Highway 1Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
11828-Nov-2412-Dec-24Nürburgring 24hGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
20414-May-2628-May-26Autodromo Nazionale MonzaGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
21906-Aug-2620-Aug-26Deep Forest Raceway ReverseGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
22824-Sep-2608-Oct-26Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B ReverseGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
 
I mean, it's a wholly different version of the track, but, like...we were just there.

@NAXEHT you know the Finals tie in will be the X2019 and yet another track that continually upsets that vehicle. Because everyone loves the X2019! I especially love it trying to break my wrists on anything other than glass-smooth pavement.
 
I mean, it's a wholly different version of the track, but, like...we were just there.
No, it is a wholly different track, just in the same fictional vicinity.
 
No, it is a wholly different track, just in the same fictional vicinity.
That's what I was meaning - the overall visuals outside the track that I'll be seeing are the same or similar, thus it'll still feel like we were just there, because, more or less, we were.
 
Last edited:
That's what I was meaning - the overall visuals outside the track that I'll be seeing are the same or similar, thus it'll still feel like we were just there, because, more or less, we were.
Sure, I understand. I guess it is about whether you choose for that sort of thing to bother you or not.

I really like Gardens (got my 2nd top 100 there many moons ago in the Radical SR3). It is a great challenge in general and I expect it will be in this car, so my energy will go to enjoying the drive.

Although, I will probably be distracted by that weird eye in the mountain as you come down the home straight...
 
The only reason it bothers me is the variety as of late with TTs. It'll probably be a fun one - the R8 was IIRC.
 
The results for TT227 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta in Gr.1 are over here. The results for TT228 at Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B Reverse in the Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition are over here.

I have updated the opening post with the index of all TTs and the second post with the community scoreboards. A reminder that each driver's results for every TT are in the Excel file attached to the latest results post.
 
Seventh, but ninth if you count the Junior version.

NumberStart dateEnd dateTrackCar
3720-Jul-2303-Aug-23Circuit de Spa-FrancorchampsGran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior
12119-Dec-2402-Jan-25Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP LayoutGran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior
1308-Dec-2222-Dec-22Michelin Raceway Road AtlantaGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
9027-Jun-2411-Jul-24Michelin Raceway Road AtlantaGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
10719-Sep-2403-Oct-24Grand Valley - Highway 1Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
11828-Nov-2412-Dec-24Nürburgring 24hGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
20414-May-2628-May-26Autodromo Nazionale MonzaGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
21906-Aug-2620-Aug-26Deep Forest Raceway ReverseGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
22824-Sep-2608-Oct-26Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B ReverseGran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
No, the junior is a very different thing. Well, seven then. Mad amount nevertheless.
I mean, it's a wholly different version of the track, but, like...we were just there.

@NAXEHT you know the Finals tie in will be the X2019 and yet another track that continually upsets that vehicle. Because everyone loves the X2019! I especially love it trying to break my wrists on anything other than glass-smooth pavement.
There is that risk, yes, but not a guarantee to be fair. We’ve had GTWS tie-ins that were not the X2019 grand final combo. Off the top of my head right now I can’t recall which one(s) but we have.
 
X2019 on Lake Louise :crazy:
 
Last edited:
Edit, ignore this post. I was looking at wrong place.

Just wondering... From which date to which date is this event? 24th of September to 8th of October? something feels a bit strange?

1000067531.webp
 
Last edited:
From which date to which date is this event? 24th of September to 8th of October? something feels a bit strange?
The Red Bull X2019 event ran from 24th September to 8th October (this morning). The GR Corolla is 1st - 15th October, the Greddy Fugu is 8th - 22nd October. They're all two weeks, which is the norm.
 
First time out at Brands Hatch, did decent for a first session, with a 1:40.636. Optimum is a .461, so not a lot of time in those laps, but a lot of it is just getting it rotated the proper amount to be able to go WOT without understeering off the circuit...though sometimes it doesn't feel like it really wants to stop as well as other laps.

Thanks GT for not asking me if I was sure I wanted to exit, so I couldn't save my best lap replay for comparison next time. Very handy!
 
Back