GT7: PS4 makes incredible difference - Kaz

To match the very era we LOL in.
“For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6.”

Like the livery editor and better car sounds?
Livery editor is so 2010ish.. now we live in a very era.
Expect 2015 2016 stuff,
what about an ISIS tank car.

I must admit I'm concerned that the whole "era we live in" thing means cheap, easy-to-implement gimmicks for our short attention span generation like being able to jump into an online race instantly, wooo, like Driveclub, because setting one up is clearly such an effort. And upload your pics from the game directly to Instagram! Invite your friends via Facebook! Floating emoticons over your car!

How about dynamic lighting and weather for all tracks, some up to date cars, more cars on track, a proper rally mode, grid starts, true fuel depletion and tyre deg etc etc etc. That's what this era needs, the best all-rounder possible.

I must admit I'm concerned that the whole "era we live in" thing means cheap, easy-to-implement gimmicks for our short attention span generation like being able to jump into an online race instantly, wooo, like Driveclub, because setting one up is clearly such an effort. And upload your pics from the game directly to Instagram! Invite your friends via Facebook! Floating emoticons over your car!

How about dynamic lighting and weather for all tracks, some up to date cars, more cars on track, a proper rally mode, grid starts, true fuel depletion and tyre deg etc etc etc. That's what this era needs, the best all-rounder possible.
I think Kaz forgets that a long time ago Gran Turismo has decteted what is the "era we live in" stuff.

You've nailed the crux of the matter.👍👍 While sim racers might automatically start to believe Kaz will be looking at what you mentioned + a full flag system + a much more detailed tire model + a proper aero model and more, the full meaning of that statement is only in Kaz's mind. He could well be referring to social media integration and being able to open doors and hoods for all we know. Given that he's already alluded to including standard cars which at the moment come with no interior and most look terrible in relation to every other next-gen game so far, I'd say the promise of creating a game from the "era we live in" is already gone by the wayside.

Last edited:
... “There are a lot of things I would have done differently if I could do them again. Better physics,
sound, AI, graphics… I’d like to do everything all over again!” ... "Honestly speaking, the PS3 was really, really hard to develop on. There was just not enough memory in the hardware. We always had to fight with the amount of memory that we had available.” ... "we're going to make gt6 still a little better than it is now - there are a few more major updates coming for the game" ... “For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6. We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016."...

so, a normal full race creator wouldn't work at a ps3? shuffle races? time gaps? leader-boards? ... answering questions?
and to mach the very era that we live in means, probably , to catch up with the other developers work.

... " Only 2.3 million copies of GT6 were sold thanks to the earlier arrival of the PlayStation
4, but there were 11 million sales for the former game and more than 5 million for the 2008 GT5 Prologue release." ...

:bowdown: for a VERY GRAN TURISMO

Last edited:
... “There are a lot of things I would have done differently if I could do them again. Better physics,
sound, AI, graphics… I’d like to do everything all over again!” ... "Honestly speaking, the PS3 was really, really hard to develop on. There was just not enough memory in the hardware. We always had to fight with the amount of memory that we had available.” ... "we're going to make gt6 still a little better than it is now - there are a few more major updates coming for the game" ... “For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6. We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016."...

so, a normal full race creator wouldn't work at a ps3? shuffle races? time gaps? leader-boards? ... answering questions?
and to mach the very era that we live in means, probably , to catch up with the other developers work.

... " Only 2.3 million copies of GT6 were sold thanks to the earlier arrival of the PlayStation
4, but there were 11 million sales for the former game and more than 5 million for the 2008 GT5 Prologue release." ...

:bowdown: for a VERY GRAN TURISMO

We all knew GT6 wasn't a typical Gran turismo game.
HERRAY to next gen,And GT7

We all knew GT6 wasn't a typical Gran turismo game.
HERRAY to next gen,And GT7

or gt5/6 were very typical GT games by not maturing much from gt4 (maybe even loosing some features). depends on the perspective. dont trust the next gen to solve the gameplay.

..."Only 2.3 million copies of GT6 were sold thanks to the earlier arrival of the PlayStation 4"...

it was not PS4 blame nor PS3 technical difficulties, it was, in my understanding, the unoptimized gameplay.

The Interview:
part 1 interview.png
part 2.png
part 3.png
part 4.png
Part 5.png

I want to get GT7 but first I have to save the money for PS4, too!

I hope that GT7 satisfy us more with more premium cars, more tracks and more features! :D

He can still say that a livery editor was possible on PS3 and he said that he wants to do everything with GT7 his team couldn't do on PS3. Which would exclude a livery editor. :D
60FPS, 720p,no AA.

I was disappointed with PD last gen, but i have to admit that i am hyped for GT7 regardless.
Oh yeah. Seems like I was fooled. 720p internal resolution even if it outputs in 1080p display modes. The tv I played on was pretty small so that might be one reason why I didn't notice.

Thanks for posting that for everyone to see.

==========

Interesting that the article states a sales number for GT6: 2.3 million. I wonder where they got that from?

But some scary stuff. I quote: "...now it's very difficult to think about what's going to happen in the next six months".

You're out of your depth, Kaz. Please, someone explain to him what the Peter principle is.

(Ps4 has 8gb ram and next-gen)
I hope:

-32 players racing and online
-More great features
-Better Al strong CPU
-All weather tracks
-All premium cars or +800 premium cars (some new cars)
-Add custom design cars (decals)
-Better dirty and rain quality
-Better physics strong CPU
-Support 1080p+AA Full Details
-Others....

Wait 1-2 years we see :D

Polyphony do the best!

*(Damage still simple in gt6 be okay just better quality-models) I dont care great damage still hard work too many over 1200 cars) Be in GT8...

Last edited:
(Ps4 has 8gb ram and next-gen)
I hope:

-32 players racing and online
-More great features
-Better Al strong CPU
-All weather tracks
-All premium cars or +800 premium cars (some new cars)
-Add custom design cars (decals)
-Better dirty and rain quality
-Support 1080p+AA Full Graphics

Wait 1-2 years we see :D

Polyphony do the best!
Not only that we need those features!

In my opinion, what I need is:

- 100 players racing offline and online;
- More features (like the Shuffle Racing)
- More premium cars, including cars from previous GT games and improve sounds
- All tracks with weather change, including tracks from Previous GT Games
- More customization (Livery Editor, front bumper, vinyls...)
- Rally Mode online and offline (Like Gran Turismo Rally)
- Course Maker with GPS (Full control and no distance limit)
- Ability to duplicate cars and rename them.
- Better crashing, dirty and rain quality
- Better Graphics

I'm not sure if I should laugh or if I should cry.

You don't need to make "what GT6 should have been". Heck GT6 was supposed to be what GT5 should have been.

You need to go back to the drawing board. Rethink everything.

The PS4 won't help you do that, as powerful and easy to program as it is.

We don't need a GT7, we need a GT "remake", a Rebirth of some sort. Get rid of the bloat, give us pure GT substance.

And then we'll be talking.

To be honest we should take this a pinch of salt. There isn't nearly enough evidence to suggest that what Kaz is saying is completely true.

Last edited:
- 100 players racing offline and online;

Only really possible with dedicated servers, which PD don't use. And even then there's a significant challenge to getting that much data going back and forth between all players.

I think I've seen ~40+ player races online in iRacing, and that was a lot. A lot a lot. Most tracks simply cannot have that many cars on them, there's not enough pit spaces and there's just not enough room on the track. Think about having 40 cars on Tsukuba. It'd be like a rush hour traffic jam. 100 would only work on a very few extremely long tracks, like the Nordschliefe.

Personally, I think if they could get the on track car count up to 24 that would be perfectly acceptable for most normal situations.

To be honest we should take this a pinch of salt. There isn't nearly enough evidence that what Kaz is saying is completely true.

Well, that's true of everything the man says. A lot of it either turns out to be bollocks, or they just change their mind anyway. I mean, how's the monthly track DLC going for everyone? ;)

How does Kaz know what era we live in? He doesnt check any other racing game so how can he know what the standard is?

“For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6.”

Like the livery editor and better car sounds?
And a drag strip, Speed test feature, Shuffle race, A well thought out career mode, Comunity features, All impossible on the PS3 of coures.

I am intrigued though to see what PD come up with, Will they go all out and match the competition graphically with the rain effects on the tarmac and etc. Will they upscale tracks fron gt5/6. The fact i ask these questions should be enough to make people not take PD serious any longer.

Things that I expect:

-Same cars as in GT6 mostly in same quality as in GT6.
-16 cars on track at once in online and in single player.
-Some new cars and tracks.
-Slightly better sounds.
-Some new PS4 quality cars.
-Community features promised for GT6.
-Same AI as in GT6.

Things that make me buy PS4 and GT7 shortly after release of GT7:

-300 PS4 quality cars and no PS2 quality cars.
-Much better customization including livery editor and drivetrain swaps.
-All PS4 quality tracks with rain and day-night transaction.

You have to wonder is it worth sacrificing graphics or framerate to get 50 cars on track when theres only a few races in the game that could put that many to good use. Do you need 50 car fields in the Sunday Cup? I think 20 or 24 would be fine.

The 2.3 million copies of GT6 sold sounds wrong. Didnt they say 2.5 m downloaded one of the vision cars?

As for Gran Turismo 7 being a game for a 2015 or 2016 world, that could have a scary meaning behind it. Think about how Gran Turismo has become more and more casual, endurance races were eradicated, license test difficulty dumbed down, outrageous rubberband AI... I fear a Gran Turismo for a 2015 or 2016 world means a further casualization of the franchise. Think GT PSP. A game that doesnt require any considerable amount of dedication to complete. A game built around 'quick' races and not any sort of time consuming career structure. Qualifying? LOL! Practice? LOL! Start last and pass 15 cars in 2 laps ramming out of the way as many as you need to? 👍

Ugh. I am going to guess that this means the likelihood of getting that BA track creator with the GPS positions stuff is NIL. Such high hopes for GT6, its said to see that this is the outcome. Enjoy GT7 everyone. I'd rather drop the 400 on my PC than a PS4 that I would only play on title on. Especially after the fiasco that is GT6

If the rumor of 2 mega exclusives being unveiled in December is true, surely GT has to be one of them? After all, it's a staple of Sony's line up and we've yet to even receive official confirmation from Sony themselves that it's gonna be out there eventually.

...and please for the mother of god, don't take away my beloved Endurance races again.

Unless "the era we live in" means I can watch a new TopGear piece on a new car, then boot up GT7 and try it myself with a good wheel, I'm honestly not that interested.

I play to enjoy the cars, and the old "1000+" staple we've had for years is in need of a big update, and not just a handful of 'new' sprinkled about.

Back