GT7: PS4 makes incredible difference - Kaz

You can have an awesome race with just a handful of other cars on the track, given that they are very competitive. I'd much rather have a smaller amount of cars on track that are competitive than a bunch of zombies behind wheels.
As long as the AI is splendid, I could care less about the amount of cars on track.

Special Event: Nurburgring 24H, 60 cars, 3 categories (you chose one to win)

55426414.jpg

55426264.jpg

Very high end PC's, many times more powerful than PS4 have a hard time getting more than 30 or 40 highly detailed, next-gen cars on track, albeit with a physics/tire model much more complciated than GT6. I can't see the PS4 being able to do this reliably but you never know.

What if, instead of racing highly detailed (next-gen) cars, you could choose to race standard (last-gen) cars. How many more cars on track would the very high end PC's be comfortable with?

Options, they are a wonderful thing.

What if, instead of racing highly detailed (next-gen) cars, you could choose to race standard (last-gen) cars. How many more cars on track would the very high end PC's be comfortable with?

I'd take Next-Gen high quality cars over last-gen. Options might be good, but you can't fix stupid, and if Kaz and PD put standards in by god they are stupid.

Last edited:
Ultimately, I just want a SOLID 60fps at 1080p. With what PD was able to achieve in GT6 on the PS3, I expect they can hit those specs easily. The true question is how many cars will they be able to have on-screen. I would expect at least 16 minimum, and perhaps 24-30 if they were to go 1080p/30fps.

Me personally, I would gladly take 30+ cars on-screen for the larger races (Rolex 24) with 1080p/30fps (solid).

"Era we live in" no Kaz, don't need to sugarcoated your words. Just surprise us and bring all those features that you promised GT6 players since the game came out.

3 important points imo are : AI, Physics and Sounds. Get those 3 points right then you are on the right track.

You do come up with some well thought out ideas Jimi. I can see it now:

Advertising:
Hey Kids, buy GT7 and you can have 60 cars on the track, the most of any game on the PS4!
Fine Print Disclaimer on the back of the box:
So about that 60 cars on track thing, that's only possible with 60 standards because they have such low resolution. Oh sorry, we don't call them standards any more they are, "cars without detailed interiors". If you want premiums..errr...cars with detailed interiors, yeah that's limited to 24. Or you can have 8 cars with detailed interiors and 40 cars without detailed interiors, or 16 cars with detailed interiors and 20 without detailed interiors. You get the point.
/s

You do come up with some well thought out ideas Jimi. I can see it now:

Advertising:

Fine Print Disclaimer on the back of the box:

/s

Some of us would prefer less polygons if it allowed more cars on track/smarter AI/improved physics.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

And at this rate most probably won't play GT and why are we yelling?

Look I've known of GT since the first game demoed in Pizza Hut as a kid on my birthday way back in 1998 or 1999 remember High Speed Ring, and think SSR5 or think at the time it was Clubman, and got into the game at GT3.

So I know a think or two about their style, and you might be correct, but when you keep messing around, and not updating your style to match the times **** happens.

Think about this for a second we've brought this up before in numerous other threads.

GT3 had what like 12 mil copies sold
GT4 had 9 mil or near 10 mil sold
GT5 it was over 10 mil
GT6 2.5 mil?

You explain to me what's wrong with that picture seems like something happened, and don't go blaming the PS4 release on the sales numbers either only few people have a PS4 compared to numbers that still own a PS3.

Like I've said a long time now with GT7 not holding my breath just like with the Kingdom Hearts(have my own criticisms about it) series believe it when I see it.

I won't blame the PS4 but will factor in the Corp. Sony, who are not doing well either.

It's easy to bash on Kaz for all of the events that have lead up to now since GT5's release, but let's not forget PD's previous games. GT, GT2, GT3 and GT4 all blew me away. I don't know about you guys, but I loved those games. It was difficult not to, because at the time, competition hadn't really caught up. I think PD had sunk too far into their beanbags for GT5/6 because they were playing it all too safe. Let's strip away the elements of GT5/6 that, at the time, branded them as a next-gen/current-gen material. By that, I mean the graphics, weather effects, lighting, etc.
Let's take just gameplay elements into consideration. Not much has changed since GT4, in my opinion. GT5 could have been a PS2 release, apart from the much improved physics (Gotta give them that!), and I feel like not much would have been lost in terms of gameplay. The exact same thing could be said about FM5, apart from the physics and their new cloud-AI system, which if I'm not mistaken, has been in development since FM2/FM3.

Maybe I'm just a bit too narrow-minded, or perhaps I'm just a grumpy fart, but I don't see anything "Next-Gen" about GT5/6 other than the fancy layer of eye candy (apart from the standard vehicles, of course.)
It saddens me that the integrity of a game these days relies on graphical fidelity rather than user experience. Other than saying, "Here's a lighting effect we weren't able to do on last-gen." I want to hear developers say "Here's a new gameplay experience that we weren't able to create on last-gen." By this I mean immersion. Maybe GT should try to integrate races and championships that actually resemble real motorsport events. Maybe PD should start thinking about qualifiers, penalties, drivetrain wear, SOUNDS, a new upgrade system, a livery editor, a track creator, more customization for the player, etc. THESE are the things I want GT to focus on. Things that add a whole new experience element to the game, not things like mapping out the night sky. Some might find that very intriguing, but quite frankly dear, I don't give a damn.

Hopefully PD will have climbed out of their comfortable beanbag and hopped back onto their horse for GT7, cause they are going to need it if they mean to impress. If it's another GT4 with better graphics, then I am at a loss for words.

The immersion for me should mean that every time I play should mean a different experience, even if you use same vehicle in same race it should be different even if only slightly, the AI could make fewer or no mistakes etc or more. It should be your choice of race length etc, simple things to make it different every time.

I wish for a solid Offline, AI , Sounds, Good car variety balance etc...

Some new and different disciplines for driving would be nice like

• Gymkhana (Not Ken Block style, AutoX like)
  • Point-To-Point races
  • Duels
  • Touge
I've mentioned those in another thread but hey.
Better executions with the weather and time would bring some more soulful races and events.

The game needs more soul really...

There you go, gameplay elements. That's what GT lacks. GT4/5/6 (as far as the actual races go) is pretty much the same **** in a different toilet. It gets boring after the first couple of hours.

There you go, gameplay elements. That's what GT lacks. GT4/5/6 (as far as the actual races go) is pretty much the same **** in a different toilet. It gets boring after the first couple of hours.

Exactly! Circuit Racing is fun but it gets so mundane after a short while. Different Elements = More game meat not just for Offline but Online too.

Licenses, Special Events and Career all need some rejuvenation. Like for licenses, I'd like to learn how to drive the best when it's wet, dark and foggy. Even the basics of Gymkhana and Touge. Use what elements PD have and make them work the best!

I wish for a solid Offline, AI , Sounds, Good car variety balance etc...

Some new and different disciplines for driving would be nice like

• Gymkhana (Not Ken Block style, AutoX like)
  • Point-To-Point races
  • Duels
  • Touge
I've mentioned those in another thread but hey.
Better executions with the weather and time would bring some more soulful races and events.

The game needs more soul really...
It definitely needs Touge. That'll rock! Since they're in Japan and already cooperated with Shuichi Shigeno it should be easier for them to bring us a lot of those famous mountain courses.

It definitely needs Touge. That'll rock! Since they're in Japan and already cooperated with Shuichi Shigeno it should be easier for them to bring us a lot of those famous mountain courses.

Duuuuuude, the touge :drool:

I actually dunno why PD doesn't utilize the beautiful mountain roads that are in their backyard. There can be some great tracks that can be made from the scenery and type of roads. Downhill runs, circuit ideas and like I said, the touge!

You know one thing that can really add some soul to the races? Especially rally though. The sound of liveliness from the crowds on grandstands or spectator areas. Imagine airhorns, people cheering and shouting, that would be a nice touch for replays and what not. You won't hear them much during races but it would be nice to have. It's not difficult to do even, just get a crowd of cheery people with some airhorns and spirit, the sound team, 1 hour later and boom.

If they can go from this to something like this then I'll be happy.
I literally haven't touched Gran Turismo since I bought Assetto Corsa and I've been a life long fan of the series for as long as I can remember. They seriously better get their arse's in gear or the series will tank.

If they can go from this to something like this then I'll be happy.
I literally haven't touched Gran Turismo since I bought Assetto Corsa and I've been a life long fan of the series for as long as I can remember. They seriously better get their arse's in gear or the series will tank.

Replays in the PC games suffer with the lack of creativity...there is no passion...and always one set of camera for all laps (even Forza)...with the car 'locked' in the center of the screen...In this 'feature', Gran Turismo 10/ Forza 7/ IRacing 7/ PCs 6...

Last edited:
Problem with AC vs GT while AC might have graphical looks it's still got that same problem to me that GT got Immersion since Gran Turismo 4 I haven't really felt the Immersion, and it really does come down to the people in the stands.

While they are fake they add to the game it doesn't feel lonely watching both replays felt all alone:nervous:

I know GT5 had dynamic fans somewhat it just wasn't the same though.

Problem with AC vs GT while AC might have graphical looks it's still got that same problem to me that GT got Immersion since Gran Turismo 4 I haven't really felt the Immersion, and it really does come down to the people in the stands.

While they are fake they add to the game it doesn't feel lonely watching both replays felt all alone:nervous:

I know GT5 had dynamic fans somewhat it just wasn't the same though.
The immersion in AC comes from driving the cars in the game. The FFB is exceptional, the physics superb, you feel as close to actually controlling the car as I've ever felt in a driving sim. I've been so immersed, I never noticed there wasn't anyone in the stands until you mentioned it.:D

Replays in the PC games suffer with the lack of creativity...there is no passion...and always one set of camera for all laps (even Forza)...with the car 'locked' in the center of the screen...In this 'feature', Gran Turismo 10/ Forza 7/ IRacing 7/ PCs 6...
Ye but just look at the overall detail and presentation of the two videos, especially in the cockpit view. AC just looks so much more immersive and life like, and that's just the look of the game. The physics and handling in AC also feel much more responsive and representative of real lie, whenever I go back to playing GT it feels like I'm driving on rubber most of the time.

Ye but just look at the overall detail and presentation of the two videos, especially in the cockpit view. AC just looks so much more immersive and life like, and that's just the look of the game. The physics and handling in AC also feel much more responsive and representative of real lie, whenever I go back to playing GT it feels like I'm driving on rubber most of the time.
Agree, the cockpit view is fantastic!

Back