GT7: PS4 makes incredible difference - Kaz

eric fishback " what you can expect from GT on the PS4 ... is the best GT you can imagine"

ops! we have being imagining for a long time, it had to give us all that as being suggested since GT5! ... its all doable but i doubt it.

i like the brand GT so i honestly hope next time it all feels as the best GT i can imagine
(its a racing game, there is no need for eureka moments, its all in the suggestions section, just mature whats already in the game!GT is great!)

Last edited:
Haven't you guys figured out the caveat to?:

" During the World Wide Studios Town Hall panel at PlayStation Experience Polyphony Digital Community Manager Eric Fishback was asked what we can expect from the next Gran Turismo on PS4. His response was definitely promising:
- What you can expect from Gran Turismo on the PlayStation 4, which is the strongest console ever, is the best Gran Turismo you can imagine."

Warning: Intense sarcasm ahead, sense of humour required. :dopey:

Fan: Oh boy, I'm imagining full flags, qualifying, a full race weekend..dis' gone' be good
GT: I guess you haven't played GT for many years. Yes that would be great, but GT is a driving sim, not a racing sim, we leave all that nasty full race weekend stuff to Project Cars and games like that. This is the best GT you can imagine, not the best racing sim you can imagine.

Fan: Oh wonderful, I would really like to see a much more complicated physics engine where cars behave more like real cars and driving is more intuitive instead of full of video game tricks like it is now (see - tuning, brake release oversteer, ABS etc.)
GT: Yes that would be great but we're committed to 1300+ cars and there's no way you can come up with a dozen or so tire models to accomodate the different eras of street and racing tires so we're going to stick with our generic tire modeling and continue to use chassis manipulation to alter the feel of different cars. That's the GT way after all.

Fan: I'm so excited, we're going to get a whole new engine sound package that features generating sounds without samples. It's going to be groundbreaking. *Plays game* Hey these cars sound kind of metallic and digital in nature, I'd rather have samples.
GT: People complained about sounds and we wanted to do something different. With 1300+ cars it's hard to have that many samples to work with so we figured we'd come up with a whiz bang way of generating sounds. We realize at the moment it does sound kind of metallic and digital in nature but we'll be working on it throughout the game and changes will come in future updates. GT8 should sound just great though.

That's really not the best thing to bring up when his pre-PS3 comments were quite similar in tone to what his pre-PS4 comments linked in the OP are now.

Let's not forget also that everyone said the PS3 was havoc to work on. Not just Kaz only who was whining.

What complaints have we heard about PS4 thus far from devs? Despite this generation of consoles being left behind in terms of power from the PC

Let's not forget also that everyone said the PS3 was havoc to work on. Not just Kaz only who was whining.

I'm not forgetting that. I'm saying that "the best Gran Turismo you can imagine" sounds awfully similar to something like "the PlayStation 3 is our weapon for revolution". I can only hope that the straightforward architecture this time around means they won't so dramatically overshoot their capabilities.

I'm not forgetting that. I'm saying that "the best Gran Turismo you can imagine" sounds awfully similar to something like "the PlayStation 3 is our weapon for revolution". I can only hope that the straightforward architecture this time around means they won't so dramatically overshoot their capabilities.

I'm also hoping that they don't bite off more than they can chew. The foundations need a serious rework

I'm also hoping that they don't bite off more than they can chew. The foundations need a serious rework

I agree, but if Kaz could only hear/see what you just wrote he'll be like:
wfHbGvt.gif
:D

I agree, but if Kaz could only hear/see what you just wrote he'll be like:
View attachment 279214 :D
From all the titbits hidden in the game, there is evidence he agrees.

Trouble is, they've probably tried to change too much at once, which takes longer, and you miss an opportunity to fine tune systems with feedback from the intended users.

On the other hand, by developing new systems in parallel, you can ensure they work together from the start and don't risk wasting effort on something that needs refactoring to work with stuff you introduce at a later date.

Areas showing promise, in the form of "hidden" text strings in GT6's files referring to aspects not currently in the game, are: physics, AI, sound, race rules (flags, classes etc.), online, tuning (parts), possibly other things I skipped over.

Obviously these may represent work in progress, or ghosts of prototypes, not concrete features ready for prime time.

PD has to know that GT is a game, not an extreme benchmark test for the console.
Oddly enough, that is exactly what i want it to be. I gave up on GT being a game experience, to me it is just experiencing cars. All they need is outstanding cars, graphics, lighting, sounds (!), physics and a stable frame rate, and I'm sold. If there is not a single event created by PD to serve as form or career mode, then i will be happy, because i will know they didn't waste time on it. then again, i also don't want to be given my favorite car either.

I have seen a picture on a Facebook Page before but no idea if it was legit or just someone who can do photoshop magic but a guy posted a picture of the list of games to be released in 2015 at a gamestore and one listed said PS4 GT7 11/17/2015. Although I do believe that it was fake... Until, I read the latest Year in review news post on here..... https://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanets-year-in-review-2014/ Just look at the bottom two paragraphs and see what you think. I hope it is going to be this year but I do not know considering the course maker is still vacant from GT6 and same with half the VGT cars.

I have seen a picture on a Facebook Page before but no idea if it was legit or just someone who can do photoshop magic but a guy posted a picture of the list of games to be released in 2015 at a gamestore and one listed said PS4 GT7 11/17/2015. Although I do believe that it was fake... Until, I read the latest Year in review news post on here..... https://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanets-year-in-review-2014/ Just look at the bottom two paragraphs and see what you think. I hope it is going to be this year but I do not know considering the course maker is still vacant from GT6 and same with half the VGT cars.
There is no official announcement. If we knew when the game was going to be released, even vaguely, believe me Jordan would be happy to promote that scoop on GTPlanet for all the world to see. Take everything you hear about GT7 with a grain of salt unless it's an official Sony news release.

Show us the picture

My bet will be announcment at E3 with a Q1/Q2 2016 release.
By that time the Xbone will probably have 4 Forza games on offer + everyone and his mother will be playing PCARS and GRID next gen + Driveclub 2 might be around the corner...

PD will have it rough :D

By that time the Xbone will probably have 4 Forza games on offer + everyone and his mother will be playing PCARS and GRID next gen + Driveclub 2 might be around the corner...

PD will have it rough :D

Forza 6 will be released late this year I have no doubt, Sony would want Evo releasing a game by late 2016 max, so early 2016 is the latest they'll want a gt game for the PS4, no way they'd give Kaz as much time as GT5 unless they give us a GT7P as Horizon and Forza are attracting the console racer crowd.

Quick question guys:
Will the PS4 allow me to play GT7 with Fanatec Clubsport v2 (I know I will need a different rim) and my non Fanatec usb pedals (HPP pedals)?
As far as I know you couldn't do that with the PS3, that's why I am asking...

Quick question guys:
Will the PS4 allow me to play GT7 with Fanatec Clubsport v2 (I know I will need a different rim) and my non Fanatec usb pedals (HPP pedals)?
As far as I know you couldn't do that with the PS3, that's why I am asking...
no one knows. The game hasn't even been announced yet.

EDIT: oh wait right, i misread the question! Read the post below.

Last edited:
Back