GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,389 comments
You bet! And not just by resolution (crispness) alone, the field of view is still subpar in most of these headsets.

I spent practically an entire year without touching GT7. Since the PSVR2 launch it is basically the only thing I play and I see no reason to play any other racing game if GT7 VR is there. In fact I can’t see my self playing any other racing game without VR period, it doesn’t make sense going back to flat.

A wheel changes 50% of the experience, VR changes the remaining 50% giving you an entire new game.

Same. One thing is for sure, my PSVR2 has more hours of use in a month than my PSVR had in its entire existence.

I spent practically an entire year without touching GT7. Since the PSVR2 launch it is basically the only thing I play and I see no reason to play any other racing game if GT7 VR is there. In fact I can’t see my self playing any other racing game without VR period, it doesn’t make sense going back to flat.

A wheel changes 50% of the experience, VR changes the remaining 50% giving you an entire new game.

Same. One thing is for sure, my PSVR2 has more hours of use in a month than my PSVR had in its entire existence.
You are missing cockpit butterkickers, for a more real imersion approach.

You are missing cockpit butterkickers, for a more real imersion approach.
Highly recommended. I have 7 tactile transducers in my rig. Four in my seat, two under my pedals and one under my wheel base. If I turn them off it feels soooo empty, like an entire sense has been erased. It's even more remarkable with VR2, they seamlessly blend into the experience, more than with TV.

The wheelbase transducer fills in the gaps left by PDs terrible FFB signal - it's so effective that I have a hard time telling it's not coming from the wheel. A lot of fiddling, parts, tuning in simhub to get it just right but sooo worth it.

Got my HonsVR lens inserts yesterday.

Was using contacts before (because my glasses didn’t play nicely with the headset) but my eyes would tend to dry out and become uncomfortable.

Image quality is much improved over my regular glasses, with a much less obvious degradation in image quality towards the corners.

My best guess as to why is that my glasses frames are Oakley Activate, which are a semi wrap-around style, and thus the lenses weren’t parallel to the screens.

There is a small amount of internal reflection visible sometime. But it’s infrequent and not something that seems to bother me (it’s a bit like a reflection of part of the dashboard onto the windscreen when the sun, car, windscreen, etc are all at just the right/wrong angle.

Lens inserts bump my forehead (rather than my nose) if I push the ‘scope’ too far in. Presumably the scope sits further out than when I’m wearing contacts, but I’m not conscious of a reduced FOV.

No positive ‘snap’ into place as best I can tell. (Interested to hear if other users report differently).

Packaging etc is top notch.

I’m very happy.

You guys ever read Penny Arcade back in the day? This is one of the guys' thoughts on GT7 in VR.

Good article
Pretty much sums it up
Get PSVR2, so you can see the full potential of GT7

Hopped in the BMW M6 for Daily C today
It's such a cool experience, vs just another gauge view car with a different sound

Last edited:
Really is the best way to experience this game.
1680169360369.jpeg

1680169377091.jpeg

1680169405719.jpeg

1680169420160.jpeg

I never understood why this type of car has never been introduced in Europe. I've been driven in such cars in China a couple of times. They are supremely comfortable and feel very spacious and luxurious.
Indeed. The Nissan Elgrand is very popular here for that reason, but the Alphard is picking up steam.

Has the update added anything to the race display options in VR? Not had a chance to try it yet, but for example:

Split time to other drivers
Lap time delta
Pedal inputs

Has anyone had the time to check if the 120hz are working for the PSVR2?

120hz is only for VRR
See this answer above. The 120Hz was only an addition for flat-screen TVs and monitors. The VRR (variable refresh rate) only pertains to TVs with that funtionality. There is nothing VR-related in this update.

@redbullfix If you don't mind I will correct your statement. 120Hz will work with or without VRR. They are two independent settings and your TV could support only one, or both of them.

OK. I might be going crazy.

Does the game look "different" to you in VR after the patch?
Can´t put my finger on in, but I feel like something changed.

-I think there is less LOD pop in on opponents.
-more clarity in the cockpit.
-more blurriness outside the cockpit and especially in the distance.

A friend of mine who was in the "the cars feel/look too small" camp says that after the update the scale feels right for him for the first time.

I dunno.

Might all be placebo.

3rd session today and this time I did a short race for the daily marathon. First time not in a convertible and with a very fast car and elevations on the track.

I was a bit anxious how it would go but I finished the race without having any discomfort. Also I noticed I had adjusted the headset much better and everything was quite clear! For a second everything became super sharp while I was trying to find the sweet spot, but I couldn't find it again! I am getting there...

From now on I will be doing daily marathons on the VR, and when I am good to go for an hour I will finally use my G Pro with the VR2!! I can't wait xD

OK. I might be going crazy.

Does the game look "different" to you in VR after the patch?
Can´t put my finger on in, but I feel like something changed.

-I think there is less LOD pop in on opponents.
-more clarity in the cockpit.
-more blurriness outside the cockpit and especially in the distance.

A friend of mine who was in the "the cars feel/look too small" camp says that after the update the scale feels right for him for the first time.

I dunno.

Might all be placebo.

You aren't, I think i started noticing this before the latest update but in general the game seems improved in vr. Now it could be that i am constantly able to quickly adjust the headset right to the sweet spot now but the cockpits are quite clear compared to day 1 for me. Scale also seems better too. I usually can just put the headset on now, tighten where it sits just above my nose and everything is clear as can be. Haven't done a manual adjust in settings in a while now. Last time was after a friend played and even then just took me seconds to readjust and didn't need settings to calibrate correctly.

I honestly feel like im just racing tracks with a helmet on in real life now and get lost in the moment in races. This game is EVERYTHING. I don't even need any other vr games tbh as this is worth the cost just for gt7.

Oh and i am much faster and a far better driver in vr vs flat. I feel like this should be true for most real racers as well. Some people have just mastered the controller and tricks to be faster flat but for most real world drivers I think it's not comparable. The sense of speed in vr is so much better than flat.

So I received my prescription lenses from VR Optician yesterday. No photos at this point (sorry!), but a verdict:

I am very happy with them!

They come well- and securely packaged together with a microfiber cloth, two Zeiss wet cleaning tissues and - most importantly - a small pack of Haribo gummy bears. I cleaned my PSVR 2's lenses, mounted the prescription lenses (they just snap in place) and had an extensive gaming session.

Visually they are a clear improvement, but, probably depending on your correction strength, they do not fully elinimate edge blurriness. This may however be a characteristic of PSVR 2 itself, I don't know. Their optical traits are on point - I compared them to the glasses they were modeled after.

Haptically they are very comfortable. They have a well rounded frame so you can push the sliding part of the VR headset right up to your face. This is much more comfortable and less cumbersome than wearing glasses inside the headset. Whether I can push them closer to my face than with glasses I am not 100% sure, but subjectively I'd say there's one click more in it now than there was before. The physical limit for me is the top inner edges of the lense frames touching my face at the inner ends of the eyebrows. This is not uncomfortable al all though.

Would I buy prescription lenses for my PSVR 2 again, and would it be these? Yes, absolutely. I'm not big on the term 'gamechanger', thus I will hesitate to use it here. But I'm sure others would. It is not so much a single trait, rather than the total sum of improvements, that makes these prescription lenses definitely worth the money for me:
  • More comfortable haptics
  • A slightly larger field of view (1 click closer)
  • Much less cumbersome than wearing glasses
  • A larger central sweetspot
  • A less pronounced transition from center sharpness to edge blurriness
  • Overall less blurriness towards the edges
  • Overall less chromatic abberation ("color fringing")

Last edited:
10% of the targeted sales bro. I mean. I like Sony too, I have all Playstations and love the Vita. Also the newest Xperia mobile. But 10% is .. not much.

Last edited:
They planned to sell 2 million units in the first quarter of 23. They sold 270.000.

Remember how I compared it to the 3D TV hype?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its gone.
Wouldnt think too much about bloomberg article, person who wrote it is known of doom article about sony (he wrote one about playstation trouble sales like weeks before record braking quarter ;d) and this 2m in quarter estimation is from "trust me bro" source.

Last edited:
10% of the targeted sales bro. I mean. I like Sony too, I have all Playstations and love the Vita. Also the newest Xperia mobile. But 10% is .. not much.
Sony never gave out a single number "bro". Neither did they ever give a sales target nor did they ever give an actual sales number.

This is all speculation and should be treated as such.

Either way this is certainly not the thread to **** on VR.

Latest Posts

Back