GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,371 comments
Anybody else getting an issue with a black screen with a green wireframe appearing when driving the new Audi rs5 dtm, happens with head movements, like looking right in my case, doesn’t happen with any other car

I get it with a few cars. I just thought it was due to me excessively swaying from left to right as I jostle to keep the car under control with my fanatec dd pro and move out of the designated vr2 'zone' :D

Did play sardegna and the nords endurance 3 lapper with the audi this morning and did happen a fair bit actually.

Last edited:
Anybody else getting an issue with a black screen with a green wireframe appearing when driving the new Audi rs5 dtm, happens with head movements, like looking right in my case, doesn’t happen with any other car
Yep your not alone, all the other cars you can "lean" quite heavily in the direction of the interior but this has an extremely tight movement radius it seems, I recalibrated mine just in case the tracking had drifted but no difference, switching back to any other vehicle everything is fine, seems this car restricts head movement to within the parameters of the headrest.

I think the game got blurrier with the latest update.
They changed the scale which is appreciated because it feels better now, but the game definitely got blurrier overall which is a bummer.

The 2d stuff before the race starts is pretty clear, except for the grainy filter. But, yeah, during the race things are definitely pretty blurry.

Well if the 2d stuff is clear you may have just had more expectations like most of us first time vr peeps did after all the super rave reviews about the visuals. It was def a letdown as we were led to believe we would see something pretty close to our 4k tvs...beyond laughable there. I think for people who had been using vr for a while it was alot more clear than anything else in this price range which is where the confusion happened imo.

Give it some time, it will turn into a non factor for ya like it did most of us. I get so lost in immersion now that nitpicking visuals is of no concern.

I think the game got blurrier with the latest update.
They changed the scale which is appreciated because it feels better now, but the game definitely got blurrier overall which is a bummer.

I feel like the interiors are clearer than ever on my end, the distance stuff still looks somewhat blurry tho, maybe worse there? Idk but the driving mechanics are best yet. The steering was first thing i noticed, and i can correct out of spins so much better now, before it was just doughnut time any time a spin started for me. And cars handle and all feel different in a good and unique way. I love being able to slide into and out of corners a bit, that's real racing. Finally feel much closer to tracking real cars.

I feel like the interiors are clearer than ever on my end, the distance stuff still looks somewhat blurry tho, maybe worse there? Idk but the driving mechanics are best yet. The steering was first thing i noticed, and i can correct out of spins so much better now, before it was just doughnut time any time a spin started for me. And cars handle and all feel different in a good and unique way. I love being able to slide into and out of corners a bit, that's real racing. Finally feel much closer to tracking real cars.

100% agree with everything. Interiors are crisp, but everything else got blurrier.

Can’t recognize opponents until they are really close to me. Feel like I could distinguish a BMW from a Porsche before even when it was way ahead of me.

I do enjoy the new physics.

Last edited:
Dammit, I knew it felt wrong ;)
I’m German. What would have been the right way to say it? Opponents?

What u said is perfect, change nothing my friend. They literally drive like enemy cars and clip my damn back end every time i just pass em.

Opponents, competition, other drivers, rival cars...all the same but pale completely in comparison to enemy cars🤣🙏🏽...you spit gold out without even knowing u did. They will forever be enemy cars to me now

Before the update, weren't ppl saying there was some ghosting issue due to ps5 running at 60fps and the headset running at 120fps? Has this been resolved with the new update?

Also to the ppl who are saying its blurry in the distance, doesn't foveated rendering sort this?

Before the update, weren't ppl saying there was some ghosting issue due to ps5 running at 60fps and the headset running at 120fps? Has this been resolved with the new update?

Also to the ppl who are saying its blurry in the distance, doesn't foveated rendering sort this?

It’s not running in 120fps in VR. Still in 60fps with reprojection which inherently leads to (slight) ghosting.
My suspicion is that something regarding foveated rendering broke with the latest update.
Whatever it is I assume (and hope) it will be fixed with the next update.

It’s not running in 120fps in VR. Still in 60fps with reprojection which inherently leads to (slight) ghosting.
My suspicion is that something regarding foveated rendering broke with the latest update.
I’ve only played for a couple of minutes since the update and had the impression that something was off. But I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it was.

I thought reprojection happens only because the native framerate is 60fps. Now the native rate can be 120fps so I assumed in 120fps mode, no more reprojecting and no more ghosting.

I'm probably missing something.

120fps it is only flat. Not in vr. Vr is still re
I thought reprojection happens only because the native framerate is 60fps. Now the native rate can be 120fps so I assumed in 120fps mode, no more reprojecting and no more ghosting.

I'm probably missing something.
projected.

(...)
I feel like the interiors are clearer than ever on my end, the distance stuff still looks somewhat blurry tho, (...)

100% agree with everything. Interiors are crisp, but everything else got blurrier.

Can’t recognize opponents until they are really close to me. Feel like I could distinguish a BMW from a Porsche before even when it was way ahead of me.

(...)
Agree with this.
I also think that the interiors are clearer, and that adds to the immersion, the feeling of driving a real car. But for the driving, the "distance stuff" is rather important. Now it seems less clear.

HI! Managed to get one at a ridiculous markup, but I finally have it... And I can't seem to adapt to the experience :(. I feel the same bluryness looking beyond the wheel and it makes me physically sick.

So far I managed doing some laps on the SSRX... I'm trying my best to endure the discomfort. Do you think that using the race data helps focus the eyes, instead of driving without hud? It may not look as real, but maybe helps?

Also with the ghosting, have anyone tried the 120 fps Mode and see any difference?

Thanks in advance and yes, I agree it's game changer.

PSA: the PS VR2 does not have a native 120Hz in GT7. It is 60Hz reprojected to 120Hz. The 120Hz update was for televisions. Stop trying to change anything with the 120Hz mode in the PS5 menu. It won't do anything besides allow you to play 2D games in theater mode at 120Hz.

It's been like this since launch. The update doesn't change the VR frame rate in GT7. Maybe in the future there could be an improvement to 90fps native, but even that is doubtful.

HI! Managed to get one at a ridiculous markup, but I finally have it... And I can't seem to adapt to the experience :(. I feel the same bluryness looking beyond the wheel and it makes me physically sick.

So far I managed doing some laps on the SSRX... I'm trying my best to endure the discomfort. Do you think that using the race data helps focus the eyes, instead of driving without hud? It may not look as real, but maybe helps?

Also with the ghosting, have anyone tried the 120 fps Mode and see any difference?

This was alot of us at launch...do not force it. Once u feel uncomfy stop immediately. Just try playing often but always stopping once u start feeling off. In time you will be good to go, trust me i was miserable initially but stayed at it, sometimes just lasting a lap if that and now it doesn't bother me at all.

Hey there, we're on the same boat. I was getting dizzy instantly. My advice is doing 10 minutes runs daily. You will build tolerance soon enough. Yesterday on the 4th session with VR I managed to do 2 laps of X route for my daily marathon, 3 laps Tsukuba time trial and 6 laps in maggiore! It is coming at a steady pace. Try to breath deep, chew some gum and maybe even communicate with other people in the room while playing. I find the biggest problem is elevation changes, so take flat tracks only!

Last edited:
After I did my first sessions with my wheel I am so glad I took the dive. The experience is something else indeed.

When using the wheel you feel like you are driving a car, but with VR and a wheel you are finally in the car and start behaving like that. Now you can calculate elevations and track inclination and be way more efficient. I am turning and looking at the inside of the turn. Checking on my mirrors all the time for these tight position fights and most of all feeling the size of the car in the track!

There is no going back to flat mode ever again xD

After I did my first sessions with my wheel I am so glad I took the dive. The experience is something else indeed.

When using the wheel you feel like you are driving a car, but with VR and a wheel you are finally in the car and start behaving like that. Now you can calculate elevations and track inclination and be way more efficient. I am turning and looking at the inside of the turn. Checking on my mirrors all the time for these tight position fights and most of all feeling the size of the car in the track!

There is no going back to flat mode ever again xD
I've become saddened by the fact that I cannot race in flat mode anymore.

I love Project Cars 2 and I really have fun with the Formula 1 games, especially now that the season has kicked off. I also love ACC for the fantastic sounds and the great racing.

Well, now I just stare at those games on my PS5 crossbar without ever selecting them ☹️ I want to play them but I know what's going to happen once I start.

I know, because about a week ago I had an urge to do a multiclass race at Daytona and I fired up Project Cars 2. I couldn't complete two laps without stopping, throwing my hands in the air in frustration that I may never be able to go back and play that game again.

I love Project Cars 2 and I really have fun with the Formula 1 games, especially now that the season has kicked off. I also love ACC for the fantastic sounds and the great racing.

Well, now I just stare at those games on my PS5 crossbar without ever selecting them ☹️ I want to play them but I know what's going to happen once I start.

I know, because about a week ago I had an urge to do a multiclass race at Daytona and I fired up Project Cars 2. I couldn't complete two laps without stopping, throwing my hands in the air in frustration that I may never be able to go back and play that game again.
This is not necessarily a bad thing...
You have tasted a more real experience and can't compromise now.

You can always play PC2, F1 22, ACC, etc... in VR with a PC. It's a huge investment but PCVR is still the place to be for sim racing in VR if you have the money and the time. For me personally, GT7 in VR scratches all of my racing itches without the extra fuss of hardware/software stability or endless hours of car setup testing.

I went through the same thing as you after PSVR1 and ended up moving to PC just to VR sim racing. I did loads of league play in ACC, RBR and DR2.0. It was great at first but after time the effort required to maintain a stable PCVR setup got on my nerves and I ended up just giving everything up altogether. I guess I was suffering from PCVR and simulation exhaustion. Too many hours tinkering with hardware, too many hours tinkering with tire pressures and setups. And despite all those extra hours the actual racing experience in the ACC league races was pretty similar to what I was experiencing in the GT Sport FIA championships. I was really questioning why I was putting in so many hours just to get the same experience I was getting from GTS. Despite ACC being a superior simulator with superior driving feel, that was not enough for me to offset the tremendous amount of effort required to prepare for each race.

I decided to settle with pancake racing again when I got a PS5. Since PS VR2 came out I literally deleted my other racing games (ACC, WRCG, DDR). GT7+PSVR2 is just too good a combo. I will not play another racing game on PS5 that does not have PSVR2 support. I hope for long life of PSVR2 and future support in other games but I would not be surprised if racing sim support for PSVR2 ends up being slim pickings.

You can always play PC2, F1 22, ACC, etc... in VR with a PC. It's a huge investment but PCVR is still the place to be for sim racing in VR if you have the money and the time. For me personally, GT7 in VR scratches all of my racing itches without the extra fuss of hardware/software stability or endless hours of car setup testing.

I went through the same thing as you after PSVR1 and ended up moving to PC just to VR sim racing. I did loads of league play in ACC, RBR and DR2.0. It was great at first but after time the effort required to maintain a stable PCVR setup got on my nerves and I ended up just giving everything up altogether. I guess I was suffering from PCVR and simulation exhaustion. Too many hours tinkering with hardware, too many hours tinkering with tire pressures and setups. And despite all those extra hours the actual racing experience in the ACC league races was pretty similar to what I was experiencing in the GT Sport FIA championships. I was really questioning why I was putting in so many hours just to get the same experience I was getting from GTS. Despite ACC being a superior simulator with superior driving feel, that was not enough for me to offset the tremendous amount of effort required to prepare for each race.

I decided to settle with pancake racing again when I got a PS5. Since PS VR2 came out I literally deleted my other racing games (ACC, WRCG, DDR). GT7+PSVR2 is just too good a combo. I will not play another racing game on PS5 that does not have PSVR2 support. I hope for long life of PSVR2 and future support in other games but I would not be surprised if racing sim support for PSVR2 ends up being slim pickings.
I am praying WRC23 has PSVR2 support!!

I think many of the issues are also due to user mistakes, if you see broken lines, red shadows on the letters its cause you didnt find your sweet spot..., the image must be perfect including colors, my sweet spot and headband inclination have nothing to do with the one they show in the tutorial..., also just cause in the sofware it says your eyes are aligned doesnt mean you fin your sweet spot...

Lower the headset clarity to arround 75%/80% in the quick menu of psvr2, ingame go to options and put display Exposure and saturation at max lvls.

The resolution inst the same compared to 2D but it adds so much more details that simply doesnt exist in 2D mode.., its blast.

Last edited:
4th session and I did my daily race but also did 2 laps in Tsukuba after that!!

I am getting adventurous here 🤣. Trying these tight corners was affecting me, but I did manage after all!!

I think I deserve the award for being the slowest at getting my VR legs!
Are you looking to the inside of the curve? I think that funny sensation is completely dependent on where you set your focus. Trying to minimize the side movement from your peripheral vision seems to help.

I think many of the issues are also due to user mistakes, if you see broken lines, red shadows on the letters its cause you didnt find your sweet spot..., the image must be perfect including colors, my sweet spot and headband inclination have nothing to do with the one they show in the tutorial..., also just cause in the sofware it says your eyes are aligned doesnt mean you fin your sweet spot...

Lower the headset clarity to arround 75%/80% in the quick menu of psvr2, ingame go to options and put display Exposure and saturation at max lvls.

The resolution inst the same compared to 2D but it adds so much more details that simply doesnt exist in 2D mode.., its blast.
HI! Thanks yo everyone for the responses!
I'm trying my best and doing baby steps. Now I'm able to race in Tokio but still far off the more twisty tracks.
About the possible setup mistake on my part I can say with total confidence that it's as good as I can get it to be. Disconfort only happens here. Rez, Re VIII, etc are fine for my head. It"s only GT7. I can perfectly see all the details on the interior but it seems like the Foveated rendering doesn't change the focal Point when looking outside the car until you're quite close to the car ahead.
I love the experience and indeed trying to get my VR legs, but I think that the road clarity could be improved on a future patch, or even maybe let adjusting the focal Point manually.

I tried flat mode again. 2D at 1440p 120 hz is pretty good. One thing that stands out with 2D 120hz is how much less eye strain there is compared to 4K60 or VR and the contols feel super responsive. Even with a controller it's good, new physics + controller is actually pretty fun. For me flat screen goes nicely with a controller. And Flat mode at 4K60 HDR has some amazing gfx and image quality that is partly missing in VR. So I think 2D still has its place, sometimes it's nice to veg out on the couch with a controller. VR with a wheel is way better, but it's also a lot more effort. 🤷‍♂️

Back