GT7 SVG request thread.

• Thread starter daan
  • 4,793 comments
Do you not have a better image? You probably haven't got any takers because its difficult to tell its true shape and what its actual shading/design is vs whatever its reflecting.
Could you at least tell us who's helmet it is so we can at least try to find a better image ourselves?
It is Tomoki Nojiri's helmet and these are the highest quality images i could find of it that manage to show the number 16, hope it helps:

1655950419459.png
1655950440556.png

EDIT: This image from an Asseto Corsa video i found could also help:
1655950694951.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sorry, made another reply so you would get the notification (which you wouldn't if I edited the previous reply), anywhooo....
Are you certain about the decal uploader not liking multiple paths using the same gradient??

I'm not saying your experience is wrong, but this test...

View attachment 1164030

And the actual markup...

SVG:
<svg version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" x="0px" y="0px" width="1257.307px" height="536.711px" viewBox="0 0 1257.307 536.711" xml:space="preserve">
    <linearGradient id="Grad_1" gradientUnits="objectBoundingBox">
        <stop  offset="0" style="stop-color:#ED1C24"/>
        <stop  offset="0.1784" style="stop-color:#F15A24"/>
        <stop  offset="0.3547" style="stop-color:#FFFF00"/>
        <stop  offset="0.515" style="stop-color:#00FF00"/>
        <stop  offset="0.6814" style="stop-color:#0000FF"/>
        <stop  offset="0.8417" style="stop-color:#FF00FF"/>
        <stop  offset="0.984" style="stop-color:#662D91"/>
    </linearGradient>
    <rect x="9.091" y="83.168" fill="url(#Grad_1)" stroke="#000000" stroke-width="4" stroke-miterlimit="10" width="359.375" height="359.375"/>
    <linearGradient id="Grad_2" xlink:href="#Grad_1" gradientTransform="rotate(90)"/>
    <rect x="448.216" y="168.254" fill="url(#Grad_2)" stroke="#000000" stroke-width="4" stroke-miterlimit="10" width="359.375" height="359.375"/>
    <rect x="888.841" y="9.083" fill="url(#Grad_1)" stroke="#000000" stroke-width="4" stroke-miterlimit="10" width="359.375" height="359.375"/>
</svg>

First and third "<rect>" both directly use the same gradient. Second "<rect>" uses the same gradient a third time, but xlink(ed) via another "<linearGradient>".
Leah No GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Goddammit PD!!

So does the uploader completely fall over or does it continue, get the thumbnail wrong but show up correctly in-game?
I'm sure I did a decal for someone that had two objects using the same gradient and I never got any complaints about it?!

Can't PD ever make anything simple?!?
These are the outputs of both decals:
Gran Turismo® 7_20220622212021.png Gran Turismo® 7_20220622212522.png
It doesn't like transform tags either. They'd probably want to process the most basic form of SVGs. It may not be easy at first, but you'll get used to come up with some workarounds for these cases.

These are the outputs of both decals:
View attachment 1164059 View attachment 1164060
It doesn't like transform tags either. They'd probably want to process the most basic form of SVGs. It may not be easy at first, but you'll get used to come up with some workarounds for these cases.
Reply hidden inside spoiler so it doesn't clutter the thread (any more than it already is lol):

Hmm, directly referencing a <linearGradient> element multiple times using a fill attribute value of url(#[id]) does actually work but it appears that the in-game renderer has been hard-coded to always set a <linearGradient> element's gradientUnits attribute to userSpaceOnUse. Attempting to use objectBoundingBox, thus omitting any x1, y1, x2 and y2 attributes, results in the renderer falling back to (specification compliant) x1, y1, x2 and y2 values of 0%, 0%, 100% and 100% respectively.

I'm struggling to think of any real, valid reason why they would do this?! I suppose it may be an order-of-execution speed optimisation thing, with:
SVG:
<linearGradient id="[id]" x1="[value]" y1="[value]" x2="[value]" y2="[value]" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse">
    [colour stops]
</linearGradient>
the renderer knows everything about the gradient before it is actually used. However, with
SVG:
<linearGradient id="[id]" gradientUnits="objectBoundingBox">
    [colour stops]
</linearGradient>
the render engine may know the colour stops but it has to "stick a pin" in the processing of the gradient until it has also processed the bounding box(es) of any referencing element(s).

But these are SVG's we're talking about, designed to be small, lightweight and easy to process, its not exactly crypto mining. 10 Years ago I used to occasionally edit SVG's in Adobe Illustrator on a 1Ghz Intel Atom powered netbook with no problems whatsoever. No system chug, nothing. (If you knew all the unnecessary crap to disable in Windows they were actually far more capable machines than many people realised... but thats a different thread... for a different site... of a different decade :lol:). If a 1Ghz Netbook can edit SVGs, with all the editing application overheads included, without any issues them I'm fairly certain - no, I'm 100% certain - that a PS5, or PS4, could render full 1.1 spec SVGs and it would barely even register! If the PS5, or PS4, were a sentient being it would raise any eyebrow because knew it did something, but it was so quick that it didn't know what, then shrug its shoulder and carry on as if nothing happened!

When you say "it doesn't like transform" I presume you specifically mean the in-game <linearGradient>'s gradientTransform attribute? The transform attribute seems to work in general as we can see in the image you posted (although the filter is not working on the sample text, the transform clearly is)... so at least we can still get free drop shadows even if we can't blur them.

But these are SVG's we're talking about, designed to be small, lightweight and easy to process
Don't forget this is PD we're dealing with, they're living in the past, present and future. I guess you can guess where the person who's in charge of the SVG import feature and implementation is stuck in :lol:

if i can try and get this svg'd, that'd be very appreciative!

I was going to go into detail about why the previous versions of this decal I uploaded didn't work as expected and why these ones do but, suffice to say, its all PD's fault by being the type of a company that can simultaneously code their own 3D render engine but are not able to code a specification compliant SVG renderer!

At least my "free" drop shadow method actually works in-game, even if a basic SVG feature like Clipping Paths doesn't.

Jim Carrey Laugh GIF

Sorry about that.

Attachments

• IFB - Drop Shadow (FIXED) [GT].svg
    12.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IFB (FIXED) [GT].svg
    11.7 KB · Views: 17
Would anyone be willing to have a shot at this? I can do without the Est. 1947 or this bird.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Last edited:
Can anyone create BLUESPEED PERFORMANCE for me and also this logo if possible.
Thanks in advance.
IMG_20220616_192841~2.png

Attachments

• IMG_20220616_192841~2.png
    IMG_20220616_192841~2.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 7
If this is too much to ask no worries. Somebody made this logo for me 10+ years ago and I have no idea how to edit it. Obviously it was for GT5 and out of date now. I'd almost rather just get rid of the version number all together and just have GT with no wording. The attached ai (adobe illustrator) file is the native one and GTP won't let me upload unless zipped. It's also huge and probably too complex with the shading that's honestly not necessary for a decal?

A jpg is also attached.

Thanks and again no worries if this is out of scope. I really just want something clean to slap on the hood. lol.
So, umm, I completely forgot how utterly idiotic PD's interpretation of the SVG standard is when it comes to gradients and so the decals I did for you were unfortunately "broken" (well, completely within the SVG specifications but typical PD always think they know better than everyone else on the planet).

Not only have I fixed it (and tested in-game this time so I know it works) but also:
  • Added the outline around "Racing".
  • Add the shading back to the flags (notice that the shading isn't just a mirror of each other either, its actually directional!)
  • Reduced the file-size by a whopping 5kb* even including the above additions! (don't ask! :lol:)
1656084179679.png

billy mayes GIF

You can now also change the colour of the (white) flag checks to be whatever you want them to be and the shading still works!

1656084246409.png

If you do want to change the flag check colours its probably best to do it in a text editor (I recommend Notepad++), rather than opening the file in an SVG editing application; While the file will be correctly interpreted by and look exactly the same in such an app it will, without a doubt, output a file that completely undoes all of the file-size saving tricks and will be much, much bigger (and won't go back under the 15kb limit no matter how many times its ran through SVGOMG!)

The flag check colours are set by these two linear gradients:
SVG:
<linearGradient id="gradient_Flag_Left_Checks" x1="100.4" x2="121.8" y1="28.3" y2="17.55" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse">
    <stop offset="0" stop-color="#fff"/>
    <stop offset="1" stop-color="#fff"/>
</linearGradient>
<linearGradient id="gradient_Flag_Right_Checks" x1="100.4" x2="121.8" y1="28.3" y2="17.55" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse">
    <stop offset="0" stop-color="#fff"/>
    <stop offset="1" stop-color="#fff"/>
</linearGradient>
The offset value range is 0 to 1. The offset value range uses two decimal places 0, .01 <...> .99, 1), potentially allowing up to 100 <stop> elements per each <linearGradient> element (file-size permitting). The SVG standard accepts colour values in full hex, or short hex or text variations when applicable.

For example, to get the ROYGBIV flags in the above image:
SVG:
<linearGradient id="gradient_Flag_Left_Checks" x1="100.4" x2="121.8" y1="28.3" y2="17.55" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse">
    <stop offset="0" stop-color="#f00"/>
    <stop offset=".12" stop-color="f00"/>
    <stop offset=".24" stop-color="#ffa500"/>
    <stop offset=".36" stop-color="#ff0"/>
    <stop offset=".48" stop-color="#0f0"/>
    <stop offset=".6" stop-color="#00f"/>
    <stop offset=".72" stop-color="#4b0082"/>
    <stop offset=".84" stop-color="#8f00ff"/>
    <stop offset="1" stop-color="#8f00ff"/>
</linearGradient>
<linearGradient id="gradient_Flag_Right_Checks" x1="100.4" x2="121.8" y1="28.3" y2="17.55" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse">
    <stop offset="0" stop-color="#f00"/>
    <stop offset=".12" stop-color="#f00"/>
    <stop offset=".24" stop-color="#ffa500"/>
    <stop offset=".36" stop-color="#ff0"/>
    <stop offset=".48" stop-color="#0f0"/>
    <stop offset=".6" stop-color="#00f"/>
    <stop offset=".72" stop-color="#4b0082"/>
    <stop offset=".84" stop-color="#8f00ff"/>
    <stop offset="1" stop-color="#8f00ff"/>
</linearGradient>
If you want the check colours of each flag to not be mirrored simply reverse the order of one of the gradients. (this will not effect the shading of the flags, that is controlled completely separately from the check colours)

* The attached file is slightly larger than it could be since I left the SVGOMG options "Prettify markup" enabled and "Clean IDs" disabled to make finding, and editing, the flag check colours easier.

Attachments

• 3D3 (FIXED) [GT].svg
    11.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi, I’m really struggling to find a good quality image of this to convert to SVG. Can anybody help or is it too awkward an angle? Thanks

Attachments

• 6F7FAC49-DB25-4CA9-A19F-B0E356088CFA.png
    6F7FAC49-DB25-4CA9-A19F-B0E356088CFA.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi, I’m really struggling to find a good quality image of this to convert to SVG. Can anybody help or is it too awkward an angle? Thanks
Its amazing what companies leave unprotected inside PDF files! :lol::lol:

1656096808474.png

1656096865150.png

Attachments

• M2 CS Racing [White].svg
    2.4 KB · Views: 12
  • M2 CS Racing [Black].svg
    2.4 KB · Views: 13

@Richy59

It would be a bit mean of me if I didn't share a rather nice and simple BMW M Motorsport vector I found in the same document. Not sure if you actually need it but here it is anyway...

1656098296758.png

Attachments

• BMW M Motorsport.svg
    5.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
We probably have the same source
Exactly the same. You're sneaky, like me! :lol:

To get it to match the supplied image I just put a horizontal and vertical guide intersecting on the inside top right anchor of the letter P, deleted the word cup and then slid all but the two anchors at the tail of the G along until the "same" anchor point in the inside of the G snapped to where the same anchor point of the P once was.

Hello, I'd appreciate it if someone could convert these into usable SVGs, thanks! :)
Family House.png

K-Pax Racing.png

Attachments

• K-Pax Racing.png
    K-Pax Racing.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Family House.png
    Family House.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back