GT7-The iconic cars that need to stay

I'd like to see them picking the top model of a relevant generation from the most relevant models and make them with obsessive attention to detail, noise, and driving characteristics, while getting rid of the old duplicating strategy.

There is no place in the market for that duplicating/gt4-copy-pasting/audio-stretching stuff anymore... they have to surpass our expectations, shock everyone... look at the technology available, the competitors, the money around this thing... no place for half-ass stuff anymore.

Anyway, this could go for a while lol.

To name a few GT series legends:
GT40 RACE CAR
CALSONIC R32
ESCUDO PIKES PEAK
PENNZOIL NISMO R34
GT ONE

And all other memorable cars in history of motorsport present in the game since the first one ;)

Last edited:
All of the cars in the game each have a sense of relevancy within both the history of motorsport and automotive alike.

Edited to "Memorable", wich is what i meant... but i respectfully disagree. Scion xA, Eagle Talon, Corsa Confort... Hyundai Accent rally car... in all honesty, i'm sure some people enjoy driving them in the game, maybe they own some of them... but cars like these should not be part of the game anymore, in my humble opinion.

This is where your opinion conflicts with the word you chose (highlighted in bold):

Edited to "Memorable", wich is what i meant... but i respectfully disagree. Scion xA, Eagle Talon, Corsa Confort... Hyundai Accent rally car... in all honesty, i'm sure some people enjoy driving them in the game, maybe they own some of them... but cars like these should not be part of the game anymore, in my humble opinion.

While you feel that cars like those should cease to exist, there are people who, as you have said, "enjoy driving them in the game", or "own some of them", which pertains to some of the many reasons as to why cars like these need to stay.

While you (or possibly others) don't see it that way, these cars have a meaning to some other people, and are therefore, memorable.

This is where your opinion conflicts with the word you chose (highlighted in bold):

While you feel that cars like those should cease to exist, there are people who, as you have said, "enjoy driving them in the game", or "own some of them", which pertains to some of the many reasons as to why cars like these need to stay.

While you (or possibly others) don't see it that way, these cars have a meaning to some other people, and are therefore, memorable.
The inference there is that since every car is important to someone, we need to keep all the cars. However, the thread is about defining the "iconic cars that need to stay", and objectively speaking, I have serious doubts about the Eagle Talon, Suzuki Swift and about 600 other cars can really be considered "iconic". Important to some people for personal reasons? Sure. Iconic? No.

These are the ones that I absolutely think need to stay.

1. Toyota GT-ONE (TS020)
  2. Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car
  3. Mazda 787B
  4. Nissan Calsonic Skyline JGTC
  5. Toyota Castrol Toms Supra JGTC '00
  6. Dodge Viper GTS '99
  7. Nissan Skyline R33 '95
  8. Nissan Skyline R34 '99
  9. Nissan Skyline R32 '89
  10. Audi TT Quattro '00
  11. Honda NSX Type-S Zero '99
  12. TVR Griffith 500
I know most of these are Japanese, but it just wouldn't be the same without them.

I love how you made me No.1 :)

But 787B is already premium since GT5... and so is some other cars...

The inference there is that since every car is important to someone, we need to keep all the cars. However, the thread is about defining the "iconic cars that need to stay", and objectively speaking, I have serious doubts about the Eagle Talon, Suzuki Swift and about 600 other cars can really be considered "iconic". Important to some people for personal reasons? Sure. Iconic? No.
*Slowly realizes that I went somewhat off topic

Yeah, I will agree that they are not at all that iconic.

Kinda got swayed the wrong way when someone brought up the idea (not name calling) of taking out the cars that aren't sports cars.

*Slowly realizes that I went somewhat off topic

Yeah, I will agree that they are not at all that iconic.

Kinda got swayed the wrong way when someone brought up the idea (not name calling) of taking out the cars that aren't sports cars.

Sorry to stretch my off-topic comment, but all i meant was based on the idea of a car being iconic, globally perceived by many as memorable, legendary, a dream. The very cars that are mentioned in this post. Being memorable to "some" because of the reasons i mentioned back there is a very different thing, they might be important to a few, but are not relevant (sorry to use this word again).

There is no reason to be 'swayed the wrong way' with someone else's opinion about these things, i mean, everyone expects something different from games and, well, all products actually, so it's fine, we all love it and will continue to love it, despite the tiny little things that bothers some and are loved by others.

These cars, the way they look, sound, drive and even exist in real life are not at all interesting to me and other billion people.

Finally, taking away non-sports cars is wrong, even absurd, and i hope that wasn't what you got from what i said.

Well, to return to the topic, i commited a crime and didn't mention my 2nd and 3rd favorite race cars EVER: The Sauber-Merc C9 and the 787B. Man i love these 2...

(My #1 is not in the game, although Kazunori-san probably tried very hard to get it there - Senna's MP4/4 from 1988)

:bowdown:

Cheers :cheers:

Last edited:

I remember the times when I was playing GT4 with my brother in law and he would always beat me with that Accent, sadly he's not into racing games anymore. That car while not being succesful in WRC has some sentimental value to me. :sly:

I remember the times when I was playing GT4 with my brother in law and he would always beat me with that Accent, sadly he's not into racing games anymore. That car while not being succesful in WRC has some sentimental value to me. :sly:

That's exactly what i meant, it wasn't successful in WRC. I mentioned the Corsa Confort earlier and my mother actually had one here in Brazil for a while. But we can't consider them iconic. Maybe this is what makes GT so special, it reaches a lot of people and their experiences, so i guess the best scenario would be having them properly done, interior, engine sound, the whole shebang and please everyone, how awesome would that be huh?

Last edited:
That's exactly what i meant, it wasn't successful in WRC. I mentioned the Corsa Confort earlier and my mother actually had one here in Brazil for a while. But we can't consider them iconic. Maybe this is what makes GT so special, it reaches a lot of people and their experiences, so i guess the best scenario would be having them properly done, interior, engine sound, the whole shebang and please everyone, how awesome would that be huh?

Making every car premium would be too much for PD, but making every car semi-premium isn't bad idea, maybe even some interior, I mean, something different than what we have now.

id be happy with a generic interior, say based off a 207, that at least means we get some interior for all cars and working dials.

Back