TVR Speed 12 Concept
2021242_600.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Vector M12
hqdefault.jpg

Vector W-8 Twin Turbo
hqdefault.jpg

...need I add more!?

I'm not going to point out specific models, but I think that all car manufacturers who in GT6 are only represented with a single (or perhaps 2) model should be given the premium treatment and be included in GT7. All historical racecars should be premiumified as well. Manufacturers with fewer and more diverse models should be prioritized over premiumifying dozens of cars that look and perform similarly.

If there are 3+ standard of a single model line (i.e. skylines or civics) from the same decade, they should settle for just upgrading one of them premium, and then move on to spend resources on a different model and/or brand. That's just what I think, though.

I wouldn't want to keep any standard, ps2 cars. That is ridiculous for a current-gen game. Get rid of all standard cars and most of the premium cars as well. Core gameplay is more important than the novelty factor of having a bunch of cars you will only drive a few times or not at all.

I wouldn't want to keep any standard, ps2 cars. That is ridiculous for a current-gen game. Get rid of all standard cars and most of the premium cars as well. Core gameplay is more important than the novelty factor of having a bunch of cars you will only drive a few times or not at all.
How does getting rid of cars improve gameplay?

How many iconic car names are there in GT6? An awful lot, but I would hate to see the iconic cars that are currently standard to leave the series. Just to name a few-
Lancia Delta S4
BMW M3 E46
Toyota Supra SZ-R
Dodge Charger 440
Plymouth Superbird
If there's anymore iconic vehicles that you want to see in the next GT, please say it here

The Superbird should not just stay, it should be made premium. Along with the classic Dodge Charger R/T.

For the rest they should really remove the long list of duplicate cars. Get rid of Acura and Vauxhall all together, we have Honda and Opel already. Get rid of 2 dozen GT-R's and similar ones that are just endless copy's of other ones. Things like the blanket-covered up prototype cars are just silly...

PD might think that the more cars the better, well I for one don't like all the duplicate cars filling up my car search criteria. If they decide to leave a pile of rubbish PS2 cars in GT7 fine, at least give me a game-wide option to hide those completely!

And hello, I know PD is a Japanese company but maybe a little less focus on Japanese cars and a bit more focus on the rest of the world? How about getting the Porsche and Koenigsegg licences?

And taking about car search criteria, can we please have proper car categories in GT7? Like being able to search/filter on normal cars, tuned cars & race cars. Some additional fields like GT3, GT500, rally, NASCAR, etc would be very welcome too.

Last edited:
How does getting rid of cars improve gameplay?
If you take resources away from one area that frees them up to be used in another area. Also, I think it's harder to develop a realistic physics model that works well and doesn't break for 1000 cars than it would be to do that for 50 cars.

If you take resources away from one area that frees them up to be used in another area. Also, I think it's harder to develop a realistic physics model that works well and doesn't break for 1000 cars than it would be to do that for 50 cars.
Those resources already exist, taking them away will have zero effect on gameplay. And if you can get the physics to work for a smaller number of race, street, vintage cars with different drivertrains, it'll work for an unlimited number of those same kind of cars so that analogy doesn't hold water.

Those resources already exist, taking them away will have zero effect on gameplay. And if you can get the physics to work for a smaller number of race, street, vintage cars with different drivertrains, it'll work for an unlimited number of those same kind of cars so that analogy doesn't hold water.

I assume what JDFSSS means is that PD at this moment can't make any drastic improvements to their physics model without having to update 1200 cars along with it (if they want to keep all 1200 for GT7).

I assume in PD's car database each car has a set of parameters attached to it, maybe a few hundred per car. Taking that along to GT7 is no problem, it's just copy/paste. But if they want to add new parameters to new cars, they would probably have to add those to the old cars as well, and that could take up quite a bit of time.

I'm a software programmer as well, taking old baggage with you from previous versions is a real PITA if you want to do big improvements. I've been doing both new projects from scratch (albeit starting from standard software routines) or retrofits from existing projects at customers and the latter is far more annyoing and time-consuming since you are stuck with existing content.

But Kaz already said that standard cars are there to stay so there is no worry. I just would like to see an option to turn them on or off for dealerships and car searches.

I assume what JDFSSS means is that PD at this moment can't make any drastic improvements to their physics model without having to update 1200 cars along with it (if they want to keep all 1200 for GT7).

I assume in PD's car database each car has a set of parameters attached to it, maybe a few hundred per car. Taking that along to GT7 is no problem, it's just copy/paste. But if they want to add new parameters to new cars, they would probably have to add those to the old cars as well, and that could take up quite a bit of time.

I'm a software programmer as well, taking old baggage with you from previous versions is a real PITA if you want to do big improvements. I've been doing both new projects from scratch (albeit starting from standard software routines) or retrofits from existing projects at customers and the latter is far more annyoing and time-consuming since you are stuck with existing content.

But Kaz already said that standard cars are there to stay so there is no worry. I just would like to see an option to turn them on or off for dealerships and car searches.
I see what you mean. So if they add tire pressure for example, they'll have to go into each car's database and manually add tire pressure as a variable and also into the GUI. Well if that's the case then yes that would be a lot of extra work. 👍👍

Iconic cars in GT or real life? Because that would be different.

Edit: why no one said TS020?? Mazda? Dodge viper in blue and white? dodge viper orca Le mans from gt2? Supra model that were in GT1 & 2 but isn't in GT6? what about sauber c9? and a lot of other cars?

Last edited:
Iconic(cars that actually changed and stood out in the automotive world) Standard cars in GT6:

Fairlady/240Z
Mini Cooper 1.3
BMW E46 M3
GT40 '69
VW Beetle split window
NSX-R '92
NSX '90
AC Cobra
Lotus Elan
McLaren F1 GTR
AUDI ur-Quattro
Chevy Corvette '53
Nissan Skyline GT-R Calsonic
AUDI R8 #1&2

Ok my turn I guess, here' my list
Premium:
All cars but with the following changes:
All Vision GT's have interiors
Sounds fixed (premium cars give priority)

Standard Cars: (though personally I think they should be made premium)
Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak
Ford GT40 MKI (Gulf Racing)
Nissan R390 LM
Toyota GT-One
TVR Speed 12
Dodge Viper (Team Orcea)
Formula GT
RUF CTR "Yellowbird"
Corvette C5 R
Daihatsu Midget
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Chaparral 2J
Volkswagen W12 Nardo
(These are the most iconic to the series, there are so many more standards I would want premium but these should be priority)
Also: If standard cars are going to exist they should never exceed 1 million credits in price.

Um, um, um, um.

Skyline.

Just kidding, there's bound to be a barrel full of them (and that's okay). I would like meself to see some premium S30 Zs.

-> Iconic Cars huh!?

Alfa Romeo 155 2.0 TS 16V & [R]2.5 V6 TI
0.jpg
alfaromeo-155-2.5-v6-ti-93.jpg

Dodge Concept Car/Copperhead
dodge%2Bcopperhead%3Aconcept%2Bcar.png

Dodge Viper RT/10
ViperRT10GT1.png

Ford GT90
gt90.jpeg

Honda Accord Type-R
maxresdefault.jpg