GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download V2.01 with Dyno plot built in!

I just bought yours "GT7 Tuning Calculator V3.2 Expert edition ", but on many cases, my issue comes with all those race events on GT7 that needs to adjust the best setting only on the Suspension of the car, like this week days races, B option.
How can I use your Calculator for this type of setting?

thanks

My excel sheet is stuck on NSX setup and I'm getting some error related to mysavedsetups.xlsx. i'd like to prepare a setup for.the Genesis x gr3

IMG_7289.jpeg

Replicating the setting screen in the game for ease of use. The UI is coming together no fancy bells and whistles at the moment. But I like it like this.
IMG_7288.jpeg

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been covered, but what's the advice on situations when the recommended gear ratios fall outside the available range offered by the custom racing transmission? A quick search seems to recommend manually shortening the final gear ratio, but in some cases, doing so doesn't help because the suggested first gear ratio just continues running away out of range.

For example, the CLK-LM, with a minimum corner speed of 51mph and max speed of 210 mph calculates to a final gear ratio of 3.368 and a first gear ratio of 4.468, but the first gear slider tops out at 3.963.

Moving the final gear in either direction and recalculating just causes the value for first gear to continue to arrive at a different out-of-range value, in the same proportion as it started.

The only two "fixes" for this that I've been able to figure out are either raising the minimum cornering speed to whatever speed the first gear seems to "want" to be (in this case, 89 kmh), or changing the min corner speed gear from 2nd to 1st.

Any insight into which is the preferred method? Or am I missing some other solution?

Apologies if this has been covered, but what's the advice on situations when the recommended gear ratios fall outside the available range offered by the custom racing transmission? A quick search seems to recommend manually shortening the final gear ratio, but in some cases, doing so doesn't help because the suggested first gear ratio just continues running away out of range.

For example, the CLK-LM, with a minimum corner speed of 51mph and max speed of 210 mph calculates to a final gear ratio of 3.368 and a first gear ratio of 4.468, but the first gear slider tops out at 3.963.

Moving the final gear in either direction and recalculating just causes the value for first gear to continue to arrive at a different out-of-range value, in the same proportion as it started.

The only two "fixes" for this that I've been able to figure out are either raising the minimum cornering speed to whatever speed the first gear seems to "want" to be (in this case, 89 kmh), or changing the min corner speed gear from 2nd to 1st.

Any insight into which is the preferred method? Or am I missing some other solution?

You can do either of those options, however so would personally use my own “user input” final drive ratio to bring the first gear within range…

Also just another thought, make sure it isn’t the next gear causing it to top out, the first gear going above the ratio of the Second gear

Last edited:
You can do either of those options, however so would personally use my own “user input” final drive ratio to bring the first gear within range…
That's just it - when I set the final drive ratio to "user input" and adjust it to bring the first gear within range, it moves back out of range when I calculate the gear ratios based on my inputted final ratio.

I'll give you a concrete example.

For the CLK-LM '98, set up with the Medium RPM turbo, with the power curve imported and charted properly in the spreadsheet, a 'longest straight' of 210 mph and 'min corner speed' of 51 mph, with the spreadsheet set to calculate final drive ratio, you receive this recommendation:
  • Final - 3.368
  • 1st - 5.576 (way out of range, top is 3.963)
  • 2nd - 4.006 (out of range, top is 3.895)
  • 3rd - 2.879
  • 4th - 2.069
  • 5th - 1.486
  • 6th - 1.068
Following the advice to switch to 'user input' for final drive ratio doesn't help in either direction. If I max out the value for Final Drive to 5.000 and recalculate, I get the following gear ratios:
  • Final - 5.000
  • 1st - 3.756 (way out of range, max is 2.670)
  • 2nd - 2.699 (this is the absolute top of the range for 2nd gear)
  • 3rd - 1.939
  • 4th - 1.393
  • 5th - 1.001
  • 6th - 0.719
If I lower Final Drive to 3.000, we get this:
  • Final - 3.000
  • 1st - 6.260 (not even close, range is completely cut off by 2nd gear, which is already .050 lower than recommended due to its own limit)
  • 2nd - 4.498 (out of range, max is 4.448)
  • 3rd - 3.232
  • 4th - 2.322
  • 5th - 1.669
  • 6th - 1.199
I've tried all sorts of Final Drive values in between to try and find a 'sweet spot' where 1st, and often 2nd gear, aren't way out, but there doesn't seem to be any way to make it work.
Also just another thought, make sure it isn’t the next gear causing it to top out, the first gear going above the ratio of the Second gear
The problem is that, with this car and others with a very reasonable speed setting for Le Mans and other faster tracks, 1st gear just can't get short enough no matter where the Final Drive is set, because the spreadsheet calculation compensates for the Final Drive adjustment in a way that consistently places early gears at impossible values.

I've taken to setting Final Drive first, and then working backwards from the last gear down to first to make sure the ratios get out of each other's way on the way down. This works for cars where the recommended gear ratios are physically possible, but for those where it isn't, switching to 'user input' for Final Drive is no guarantee that you'll get usable settings. I've had that trick work once, with a different car, but more often than not, it doesn't.

Last edited:
That's just it - when I set the final drive ratio to "user input" and adjust it to bring the first gear within range, it moves back out of range when I calculate the gear ratios based on my inputted final ratio.

For the CLK-LM '98, set up with the Medium RPM turbo, with the power curve imported and charted properly in the spreadsheet, a 'longest straight' of 210 mph and 'min corner speed' of 51 mph, with the spreadsheet set to calculate final drive ratio, you receive this recommendation:
  • Final - 3.368
  • 3rd - 2.879
  • 4th - 2.069
  • 5th - 1.486
  • 6th - 1.068
Following the advice to switch to 'user input' for final drive ratio doesn't help in either direction. If I max out the value for Final Drive to 5.000 and recalculate, I get the following gear ratios:
  • Final - 5.000
  • 3rd - 1.939
  • 4th - 1.393
  • 5th - 1.001
  • 6th - 0.719
  • Final - 3.000
  • 1st - 6.260 (not even close, range is completely cut off by 2nd gear, which is already .050 lower than recommended due to its own limit)
  • 3rd - 3.232
  • 4th - 2.322
  • 5th - 1.669
  • 6th - 1.199
I've tried all sorts of Final Drive values in between to try and find a 'sweet spot' where 1st, and often 2nd gear, aren't way out, but there doesn't seem to be any way to make it work.

The problem is that, with this car and others with a very reasonable speed setting for Le Mans and other faster tracks, 1st gear just can't get short enough no matter where the Final Drive is set, because the spreadsheet calculation compensates for the Final Drive adjustment in a way that consistently places early gears at impossible values.

I've taken to setting Final Drive first, and then working backwards from the last gear down to first to make sure the ratios get out of each other's way on the way down. This works for cars where the recommended gear ratios are physically possible, but for those where it isn't, switching to 'user input' for Final Drive is no guarantee that you'll get usable settings. I've had that trick work once, with a different car, but more often than not, it doesn't.
Send me a screenshot of the calculator and I will see if I can come up with a resolution to this issue.

• Final - 3.368
  • 3rd - 2.879
  • 4th - 2.069
  • 5th - 1.486
  • 6th - 1.068
  • Final - 5.000
  • 3rd - 1.939
  • 4th - 1.393
  • 5th - 1.001
  • 6th - 0.719
  • Final - 3.000
  • 3rd - 3.232
  • 4th - 2.322
  • 5th - 1.669
  • 6th - 1.199

image.jpg

Back