GT7 Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter GlockPants
  • 12,700 comments
  • 1,995,334 views
Did the WTC 700 at Alsace yesterday in an unmodified 330 P4, and while it’s an easy victory even for an innate snail like me, boy, this car does NOT handle well on bumps. :ill: The suspension is so rigid it’s almost as if it was non-existent. It’s preferable to brake earlier in this car (compared to a stock Enzo on Racing Hards, the only other thing I tried in this event), not only because of weaker brakes, but also because if you brake too hard and late, the car won’t steer with so much braking applied late into the corner, and you’ll veer off course into the grass or the barriers, all too easy given that many braking zones at Alsace aren’t on 100% flat straights. But you also need to have your MFD displaying radar instead of fuel map to watch out for any late-braking AI, because rear-view mirrors are not supported in this car’s cockpit view. It’s a good thing then, that this car’s got nice fuel economy, and can take corners pretty fast, too.

Still not a pleasant drive though.
 
Ha, now look at this, guys :

WC_PP.webp


I had no clue, lol. Did my first three Power Pack races, the Civic ones. And that's not only been three ( easy ) PP wins, they also ticked off the PP Weekly box.
No idea what to do with all these credits but who knows, the Citrön 2CV Charleston maybe is a 20M legendary car ... :lol:

I'd say she's worth it ! ( Brings back a bit of my youth )
 
Last edited:
Ran this Alfa nearly stock, with just the non racing, adjustable transmission, and a few cosmetics.

6e6687eeebbe847ae9f43f9f3e0faad8_photo.webp


Then took it to the next race, with just a tire upgrade, to SH.

6ee0c9e015a744dbea1b15b50f4fcfb2_photo.webp


I usually don't spend a bunch of time on TTs, but this one was short, and a fun combo. Managed to squeak in a gold, at 50.6 if I remember correct.

This is the first time I've run a rally race, since the last update. Not sure if it was the car, or track, but wasn't near as darty, as last time.

4dea060545ab323a75952c115e059a6c_photo.webp


Haven't run Alsace yet, might work it in.
 
Last edited:
i tried to keep things competitive and use rides that have gone unnoticed in my garage. Had to settle for second on a few.

Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone
Sporty tune on comfort tires gives this scorpion more venom, but not enough to defeat the legend Giulia Veloce.
IMG_5526.webp


Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé
Very satisfying kathunk to the shifts and good progressive control on high speed turns.
IMG_5540.webp


Ferrari 365 GTB4
Gold on second try with clean four wheel drifts
IMG_5525.webp


Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2
Held up in traffic many times and a little lacking in power in this crowd, but still plenty satisfying and easily controlled
IMG_5539.webp


Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI
RH to RM on lap 7. Had to run several laps on FM 4-6 and short shift. Still a very furious machine to drive and won easily by 22 seconds.
IMG_5527.webp


Won 500k from 6* ticket
 
This week...

Lago Maggiore | Sunday Cup Classic | Stock Cappuccino '91 with no ABS

Too short this race. If it were 3 or 4 laps this event would open up more stock cars under the suggested PP compatible of winning this race.

The coffee car did the job though. CRB ✅



Watkins Glen | European Sunday Cup 400 | Stock 205 GTI '88 with no ABS

With Update 1.71 comes more grippy tires and that's what's needed to win this race in a stock 205 GTI '88. CRB ✅



Colorado Springs | World Rally Challenge Gr.B | Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 with no ABS

I started testing Gr.B cars for this Event starting from the lowest PP car available. And I never went any higher. The Delta is such a fun car to fling around the track. It had the pace, I just needed keep it clean. After many attempts and not a single boring bit, we got the win. CRB ✅



Alsace | World Touring Car 700 | Stock Mercedes W 196 R '55 with no ABS

Can a 600pp car from 1955 win this 700pp race with no ABS? It sure can! And what a joy it is on psvr2 to straddle this rocket on a beautiful sunn
y day in France. CRB ✅

 
Last edited:
Power Pack Challenges complete. As usual I chose 3 from my Weekly Challenge selection…
IMG_1560.webp


First up was the Zonda in the 500hp race at Trial Mountain. The stock Zonda was able to exceed 300kph on the back straight leaving the rest trailing in its wake.
Next was the Delta in the Nurburgring Tourist. Even with the suspension retuned for the road, the Delta was loose, and only beat Serrano in the 992 GT3, to pole by a couple of seconds, so I thought it would be a tough race. In the end I built a steady gap from the start and was able to cruise home for the win.
Last was a quick dash round the Eiger Nordwand, in the Dino. Both the golf GTI and the A112 had more grunt, but I managed to squeeze the Dino on pole. A Formula One style cut across the track at the start to prevent Hizal overtaking before turn one was needed, but from there on I was able to control the race.

My ‘Pic of the week’ goes to the Dino leading the pack round Turn 1 at the Eiger
IMG_1558.webp


Engine Roulette earned an RX7 rotary, which I’ll put in a Copen.

Have a great week.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1559.webp
    IMG_1559.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Love this car. I use it also for farming credits on lemans 700pp.
It can even hold its own sometimes in Sport Gr.4 races.

A bit ashamed to say it wasn’t my first choice this time. I tinkered with a GT3 swapped 190 E and got the suspension tuning close to what it needs to be. But sadly, it can’t put the power down safely on racing hards.
 
Back