GTA 5 cars

• Thread starter cj10
  • 3,679 comments
There is nothing I have officially to support this but from what I heard/read about the now cancelled Cops n'Crooks DLC of which several files still remain in the game I think we may have been allowed to get the unmarked Steiner as part of that DLC but of course that never happened and we got the Summer Special update instead.

We can but hope that this next "big update" at Xmas time may include this vehicle as part of the DLC, given it's a new take on heists it might involve the unmarked Steiner in someway and get it as a reward for completing part of the heist, all the past DLC's have slowly been adding stuff from single player to online so I remain hopeful this final piece of story mode will come one day! 👍

If this is true, I’ll be pretty happy to own one! :D

... As long as it doesn’t cost me something like $500,000 or more to purchase. Or need to buy another useless facility to store it. Or need to hire a new mechanic to put all the bells and whistles on it. :indiff:

Dan
If this is true, I’ll be pretty happy to own one! :D

... As long as it doesn’t cost me something like $500,000 or more to purchase. Or need to buy another useless facility to store it. Or need to hire a new mechanic to put all the bells and whistles on it. :indiff:

I hope they won't go down that route but this is R* we are talking about here but I am sure it will just be able to be stored in a normal garage or CEO garage etc, they learnt the lesson with the Arena War unlocks and I never did grind for them at all because Pegasus only....

As for the part about having to buy some facility or building well I think we might have to for the new content to become available but given Summer Special didn't have any of that we won't be able to know until the content is out.

I hope they won't go down that route but this is R* we are talking about here but I am sure it will just be able to be stored in a normal garage or CEO garage etc, they learnt the lesson with the Arena War unlocks and I never did grind for them at all because Pegasus only....

As for the part about having to buy some facility or building well I think we might have to for the new content to become available but given Summer Special didn't have any of that we won't be able to know until the content is out.

From what I’ve seen, it definitely seems like the Arena War stuff was kind of a flop. It seemed cool in theory, but I don’t think anyone still plays it these days. The garage and other expenses required just to participate didn’t seem worth it.

Dan
From what I’ve seen, it definitely seems like the Arena War stuff was kind of a flop. It seemed cool in theory, but I don’t think anyone still plays it these days. The garage and other expenses required just to participate didn’t seem worth it.

Yes, agreed. I did try to participate in Arena Wars but well I'm never a guy that has a lot of money in game and as you say the expenses meant it very quickly got shelved, the only thing Arena War was useful for was the merge cars glitch but that's about all.

Any way's to get this back onto the subject of GTA cars this is my dream car I want to see in the game officially, if it happens I will be back to GTA Online faster than Sonic!

15135308846242_ef6715-gta5_2017-10-05_15-53-14.jpg

full

Alright, let's get some things out of the way first.

First: the theme song. I know, not important. It felt right.. for me maybe.

Second thing: I know we're all bummed out we can't free roam someone's private militarized island fortress, but if you think about it.. how would one get away going around any private militarized island fortress, let alone a guy who's constantly pissed at you after robbing said private militarized island fortress repeatedly. The map truly was designed under this heist, and I think that's fine, if not for reasons relating to aching on your right chest.

Third: consider this my SPD sneak for the BF Weevil. It's got a great selection of customization. You can go street/race like what you can do in NFS, or go for a baja buggy setup like here (even removing of the front fenders, which is cool). In terms of performance, it's not too impressive. Maybe Brioso R/A levels (the Brioso 300 is worse). It also has the Retinue MKII/Blista Kanjo/Asbo suspension of having it lower = more camber. More shots are available in Media.

Lastly: anyone recognize that Retinue from back in 2017?

Last edited:
full

Alright, let's get some things out of the way first.

First: the theme song. I know, not important. It felt right.. for me maybe.

Second thing: I know we're all bummed out we can't free roam someone's private militarized island fortress, but if you think about it.. how would one get away going around any private militarized island fortress, let alone a guy who's constantly pissed at you after robbing said private militarized island fortress repeatedly. The map truly was designed under this heist, and I think that's fine, if not for reasons relating to aching on your right chest.

Third: consider this my SPD sneak for the BF Weevil. It's got a great selection of customization. You can go street/race like what you can do in NFS, or go for a baja buggy setup like here (even removing of the front fenders, which is cool). In terms of performance, it's not too impressive. Maybe Brioso R/A levels (the Brioso 300 is worse). It also has the Retinue MKII/Blista Kanjo/Asbo suspension of having it lower = more camber. More shots are available in Media.

Lastly: anyone recognize that Retinue from back in 2017?

Great video!! I presume this is from PC or 5M version of the game as I presume we cannot yet PV's on the island on PS4/PS5 version of the game?

Great video!! I presume this is from PC or 5M version of the game as I presume we cannot yet PV's on the island on PS4/PS5 version of the game?

I play on PC. I don't know what it is now, but I was once the only GTPlanet crew commissioner.

This is a modded single player session, utilizing Director Mode, along with some scripts and mod menus. And also a video export tool that allows me to blur motion at the cost of sound being none and drastically increased video file size... which is why they're GIFs. Far as I know, there's probably no way to get a proper free roam on the island in online.

I play on PC. I don't know what it is now, but I was once the only GTPlanet crew commissioner.

This is a modded single player session, utilizing Director Mode, along with some scripts and mod menus. And also a video export tool that allows me to blur motion at the cost of sound being none and drastically increased video file size... which is why they're GIFs. Far as I know, there's probably no way to get a proper free roam on the island in online.

Thanks for the quick reply, it looked very good so PC players can't visit the island normally either then (i.e not in free roam?) as there were some initial reports that said you could go there at any time but I guess that must have been the method you described to put it together.

I think the way the island has been done for now is acceptable but hopefully PS5 allows more exploration there without doing the heist.

full

I guess the main thing to do is to be patient when it comes to not being able to race karts in a formal fashion. It would be ridiculous to see the Veto go up against the monstrous Itali GTO. It's in a class where even the Blista Compact could crush it.. literally! These things are probably Faggio levels of pace, but I dunno.

But if you're going to get a Veto, the Modern's definitely the one that's much easier to use on the whole. The Veto Classic's only benefit I can think of is going around the sewer tube like a HotWheels car going up and down the loop. And it's slightly cheaper. Note how 100k is now in the small range.

Like the open wheel cars: I have both. Because one was free, and I'm doing the Cayo Perico Heist everyday to alleviate the costs.

The Rancher is one of my favourite cars in this game. It may not be very fast, but it’s a bit of a workhorse, with that torquey Diesel engine and the 4WD. The design is boxy and minimalistic, but also charming and the two-tone paint job allows for some interesting looks.

4968CFDF-D4CC-4F8A-954B-5529D31C121E.jpeg

The Rancher is one of my favourite cars in this game. It may not be very fast, but it’s a bit of a workhorse, with that torquey Diesel engine and the 4WD. The design is boxy and minimalistic, but also charming and the two-tone paint job allows for some interesting looks.

View attachment 998192

Put some off-road tires on that beast and it can look very nice. And I like it's old, boxy design.

8B9253DB-71EA-4534-9EDE-F0F7A288B1B0.jpeg

Just had a lot of fun climbing Mount Chilliad with the Regina. The key is to balance the throttle so that you stay in first gear while also avoiding any wheel spin. I got stuck on a few places along the way, but after three or four attempts it made it past each obstacle.

As I was approaching the top it started raining with around 400 feet left to go and I was completely stuck in the slippery mud. I could see the roof of the cable car stop behind a cliff, it felt almost as if I could reach out and grab it. Got out of the car and realised just how steep this path actually is, the grade was probably around 120% or so. A few minutes later the rain stopped and the ground dried up quickly. Got back in the car, released the handbrake and said a little prayer. Clearly the gods were in a good mood because the tyres provided just enough grip to slowly pull the car up. Made it around the bend and lined up for the final ascent and what do I see: two hikers in the middle of the path. I caught up with them halfway up the hill and honked the horn to make them get out of the way. One of them did, but the other just turned around to stare at me. I slammed the brakes and quickly realised I had done so at the worst possible spot, because at this point of the slope I had just enough grip to maintain equilibrium - there was no grip at all to get going again. I told the hiker a thing or two about his general lack of manners and then reversed down to the bend for a second attempt. Listening closely to the engine note I balanced the throttle right at the edge and majestically the Regina ascended towards the sky: She overtook the hiker in triumph and finally made it up to the peak!

(The way down was a lot quicker)

Didn't feel like starting a new thread for a simple question, but for the PS4 or PS5 versions, were the online cars ever added to the offline game? It's been some years since I've played, and I've never been an online gamer...

Last edited:
Didn't feel like starting a new thread for a simple question, but for the PS4 or PS5 versions, were the online cars ever added to the offline game? It's been some years since I've played, and I've never been an online gamer...
Nope. The only cars and weapons added to single player were from the PS3 / Xbox 360 content updates. The last update was Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2.

All content after were exclusive to GTA Online

Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 was the final GTA Online/GTA V content update made available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3; all subsequent title updates are for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC only (though small software updates were still occasionally released for the original versions of the game).

It was the last update that updated all of its content into GTA V; subsequent updates have their content exclusive to GTA Online with a few exceptions.

Last edited:
Minor note, but I found it amusing that Renault of all average(not Lykan) car brands is the one that took note of the existence of GTA's cars :lol:

Funnier yet to me, as a PC player, is its new-gen exclusive HSV version being the fastest track car in its class, quite fast offroad car, and among the faster top speed cars in the class as well

As an extra, given the car was the one thing that was the most surprising and interesting aside from somewhat the MonstroCiti in the entire update that was otherwise dulled by the removal of 190-something cars from ingame sites:
20230721010840_1.jpg

20230721010847_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back