GTA 5 - Worth buying at $60?

What platform are you planning to get it on? Don't bother buying it for last gen consoles at this point unless you either only want to play offline or really want to play with friends who are also using last gen consoles. For current gen, I'm not sure if there are any promos for PS4 or Xbox One, but for PC it might go for cheap next time there's a big sale on Steam (and hopefully for real this time after the stunt they tried to pull in the summer sale)

Last edited:
This should be a game that you can get cheap if it was for the PS3/X360 version. I saw one for 40 SGD (about 28 USD) from the closest shopping center close to where I live. But it depends on how your suppliers are.

I'm sure the game still sells at 60 for the PS4/XB1.

But if you're looking at PC? You're not going to get a good deal on the Steam version of the game (unless they actually sell it without shoving a Shark Card). They'll go for $50 at best if you find a code online. And that's with credit risks.

However, there are a lot of codes lying about for about 40-ish dollars if you want the standalone version (that requires Social Club). I remember, for the whole of last week, that Humble Bundle was selling it at the store for 25% off. Look around G2A or somewhere for these deals. But remember the risks!

Sorry i didn't mention, i want it for PC. Hmmm so when steam will have promos again?

The next big one should be the Black Friday sale at the end of November. Don't hold your breath, like I said, R* did some really sketchy stuff in the big Steam Summer Sale.

First they bumped up the base price of the game and then claimed it was 25% off by selling it at the original price. After people noticed and complained, they reverted the base game to its original price but removed the sale on all copies which didn't include ingame shark cards. I mean, you were still technically getting a free $1.25 mil cash card for buying it during the sale, but it was still very manipulative and resulted in the Steam reviews plummeting.

I'd be surprised if they tried to pull that BS again next time around, but it's still something to look out for.

No game is ever worth buying at $60 unless the person buying it is ridiculously desperate. It pays to shop around for the best deals in places like GOG and GreenManGaming.

@Snorevette Thanks for the warning, i was sure they do this kind of "Discount games" but i couldn't believe that steam will do such cheap technics.
Also have to agree with @AudiMan2011 , but taking the example from COD series, they wont ever going to drop there prices to a logic cost :(
So ill wait till Black Friday!

No game is ever worth buying at $60 unless the person buying it is ridiculously desperate. It pays to shop around for the best deals in places like GOG and GreenManGaming.

But how many of those sites can be trusted? I've heard stories of people using G2A and their product keys were invalid codes.

But how many of those sites can be trusted? I've heard stories of people using G2A and their product keys were invalid codes.

G2A is indeed risky, but the prices are insanely cheap. I believe G2A also has 'insurance' for a small additional cost so that you'll be refunded or issued another game code if the one you're given doesn't work.

But since it essentially comes with a shark card, you can't refund it, right? I remember, that was the case with Rockstar's sketchy tactics during the summer "sale."

But since it essentially comes with a shark card, you can't refund it, right? I remember, that was the case with Rockstar's sketchy tactics during the summer "sale."

That may very well be the case, I'm not sure. It's online-only so you might be able to get a refund as long as you don't actually go on GTA: O, but you're right that it's still risky.

Back