GTA: Liberty City Stories

I gotta ask...

How do you find this stuff? How do you know where to go and what to do?

It's like when I discovered the Vice City superjumps. I was simply amazed that someone had discovered and mastered these glitches. How do they find these things in such a huge game area?

KM.

Did you ever try the GTA:III superjumps??... I plan on trying it in LCS when I get done...... I think I'm getting close to finishing the story...

And apparently someone has discovered a new VC superjump... its actually a portable one..... you park a tank (spawn rhino cheat) next to a wall and do it like the Phils place one... I just read about it yesterday.... haven't tried it yet...

I'm amazed at some of these finds also (I didn't read about them as I was afraid of spoilers) but some of these might have been copied over from the PSP version...

KieranMurphy
I gotta ask...

How do you find this stuff? How do you know where to go and what to do?
I'm not much of a glitch hunter. I don't usually even play with them much. But I am observant and have experience with these games and when weird things happen I try to find out why. Usually, someone has already reported the glitches I find. In the case of the lift bridge, I had pushed a boat over to Shoreside Vale to explore and tried a few missions. When I noticed the dinging of the bridge I went to investigate. It took me a while to eliminate all the distracting factors since the glitch isn't reset by loading.

For the boat drops I just got unlucky. I was trying to boost my Home Sweet Home game past 48% and thought maybe I could get my customer all the way to China Town and back using a boat. But the buggers always land in the water when jumping in the boat so I tired parking in the boat instead. I tried the Speeder first thinking it would be the fastest, but was very disappointed when we both fell into blue hell since it just happens to be in the correct spot. I ignored this a first and tried the other boats and had better luck getting the photo, but kept running out of time about half way back across Stauton.

So I revisited the Speeder and tried variations. I was eventually confident enough to generalize from a PCJ on that particular Speeder to any vehicle on any boat over any tunnel, but this took a great deal of trial and error, and few leaps of logic. Much of this was motivated by an ambition to apply the glitch to GTA3. If I wanted the glitch to work there, then I needed to be able to use a car and had to be able to move the boat. If I could move a boat to the correct spot, then maybe I could move the boat to other locations above tunnels as well. The tests worked so well that it took me a while to finally try it on GTA3.

Amazing stuff, indeed. It's great that you came upon the glitch by accident :).
I checked out some super jump info and vids in Spuds' sig and it's amazing as well. Must've been cool to discover that, Kieran.
Thanks for all the juicy info, guys 👍.

At the moment I'm stuck with 25/26 Unique Jumps completed... but I've already gone through every jump in the FAQ... I had done two or three Unique Jumps by accident, before finishing the story missions, then started using the FAQ to get the rest, and I tried every jump. I know I probably just missed one, but I've already went through all of the ones in Portland and Shoreside Vale again to make sure I didn't miss one :ouch:. Whenever I go over a jump, it goes into slow-mo, and when I land it doesn't say Unique Jump Failed or Unique Jump Completed, which normally means I already completed it, right?

Edit: checked all of the jumps in Staunton again but no luck.

Edit 2: :dunce:... it was in Portland after all...

Orion,
For Thrashin' RC, i just completed that last night, and know for a fact the very first time you beat it, it counts for your %.(my % went up after beating it) Do you know if the next 2 times count for your % aswell?(the 2 and 3 lap races)
I beat them, and i was wondering that. :)

bcks
Which one was it? (let me guess the doll house jump?)
Click here to find out

I had done it originally but must have died or got busted before saving, then loaded from my last save, and forgot to do it again. Then I must have forgot about it yet again when I went through all of the Portland jumps for the second time :dunce:. Third time's a charm, I guess.

how far into the story does the bridge get opened? I can't remember off hand how far I am in, but I would like to have some sort of goal. And then when can you get to the next section (my memory is all fussy right now)?

bcks
Orion,
For Thrashin' RC, i just completed that last night, and know for a fact the very first time you beat it, it counts for your %.(my % went up after beating it) Do you know if the next 2 times count for your % aswell?(the 2 and 3 lap races)
I beat them, and i was wondering that. :)
I'm pretty sure the % is increased by the 2 and 3 lap races because you actually get a Mission Complete message after the 3rd race. But I'm not an experting in these matters. You could probably find answers in a PSP FAQ somewhere.

When everyone else was blowing things up last night I had a chance to shoot some more video. I've got a couple hours of tape showing the Portland to Staunton Island Warp Zone, the Unique Jump under Callahan Bridge using 4 different bikes, the Leap of Faith section of subway from the Callahan Bridge near the Speeder Drop and almost to the S Staunton Station, the Runway Drop to an area approaching S Staunton, and past the SSV Station to a place where the path is blocked by a tunnel before crossing back to N Staunton.

I also shot some tape of the other drop sites onto the tunnels. While I was at it I learned a few more tricks. You don't need to be parked in the cabin of the boat; anywhere on top will work. It doesn't need to be a boat. I pushed a Trashmaster over the unfinished tunnel in NE Staunton, made the jump on top the floating wreck with a bike, and dropped to the tunnel below. I tried a Trashmaster over the tunnel to SSV in NW Staunton, but it was too small of a target. A Firetruck was a better target, but it's very difficult to push.

While I was trying to inch the Firetruck over the tunnel to SSV it got a little too far over and started to dive nose first into the water. I mashed the exit button but it was too late to reach the shore and Toni bailed under the water and onto the top of the tunnel. From this point it is a very short run to a warp zone to SSV. This was very late and I was mostly trying to use up the last few minutes of tape, but I was able to repeat the glitch a few times before heading for bed. The trick seems to be to attempt the exit as the Firetruck is still sliding down the slope, More experimentation might help generalize this trick to other vehicles or location.

Orion_SR
While I was trying to inch the Firetruck over the tunnel to SSV it got a little too far over and started to dive nose first into the water. I mashed the exit button but it was too late to reach the shore and Toni bailed under the water and onto the top of the tunnel. From this point it is a very short run to a warp zone to SSV. This was very late and I was mostly trying to use up the last few minutes of tape, but I was able to repeat the glitch a few times before heading for bed. The trick seems to be to attempt the exit as the Firetruck is still sliding down the slope, More experimentation might help generalize this trick to other vehicles or location.
That sounds similar to the glitch that bcks posted a while ago for GTA3. Drive on top of the tunnel entrance in Portland and face the road, then slowly reverse towards the water and exit the vehicle before the car falls off the ledge. If done correctly you'll fall through the water and onto the top of the tunnel where you can run to Staunton Island.

I tried doing something similar to that at the ferry terminal in Portland for LCS, but I wasn't sure exactly where the tunnel was, or if it was even still there. In short, I died.

I'd love to see the footage you shot, if you decide to make some more vids :).

gOoSeTeR
how far into the story does the bridge get opened? I can't remember off hand how far I am in, but I would like to have some sort of goal. And then when can you get to the next section (my memory is all fussy right now)?
I think I'd 32 storyline missions complete when I was able to get to Staunton Island.

KM.

Time of Death
I'd love to see the footage you shot, if you decide to make some more vids :).
I'm capturing the footage and will editing the video shortly. However, I've been practicing with the firetruck and the glitch is very reliable. If you line up above the SSV tunnel with the lamp post to the right of the Firetruck, creep the front wheels over the edge, and exit as the wheels touch the water, Toni will fall onto the tunnel below. I have yet not been able to apply this trick to other locations or vehicles. The firetruck and slope appear to be just right to pull off the easy drop.

BTW, the tunnel connecting Staunton and Portland is not complete and apprears to be absent from the map. You can see the dead end of the tunnel on the NE corner of the Staunton map. Only the subway runs between the first two islands and it's invisible unless you can get close to the Chinatown Station. This will be difficult without rockets, but might be possible if I can find the right location. I'm thinking about trying to jump a bike onto a Coach at the northwest border of Portland.

Just curious, but why all the rockets in the the first bit?

Is there a way to get into the glitch from the first island? As I haven't got to the second one yet...YET!

I am up to the mission where you have to follow the helicopter, but I keep getting killed by the Triads, meh, I will get it, I just keep getting the camera stuck behind the sign!

gOoSeTeR
Just curious, but why all the rockets in the the first bit?

Is there a way to get into the glitch from the first island? As I haven't got to the second one yet...YET!

The subway system has an independant map so the tunnels are invisible until Toni gets near the Chinatown station. The glare from rockets is used to light the path during the turn. In other locations I need to use rockets the whole time or risk falling back to the normal island.

Check the link below for more information on the Portland to Staunton Island Warp Zone. I'm not very good at the glitch, but I have a couple shots of it in action and will post the video soon. This is the only method I have know of to get from Portland to Staunton.

I have tried to get to the subway where it enters Portland from the north, but can't get it to work. I'm not sure if I am in the wrong spot or if the glitch doesn't work for some other reason.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=931275&topic=28729699

LCS Tunnel Drops (3 min) is now available in high quality Windows Media Video (25MB) on rapidshare. I'll post a google link when it is available. LCS Tunnel Drops shows the locations and methods used for the Staunton Dock Drop, SSV Runway Drop, Unfinished Tunnel Drop in NE Staunton, and the SSV Tunnel Drop in NW Staunton. The last clip shows my accidental discovery of the Firetruck Drop at the SSV tunnel.

http://www.badongo.com/vid/159185
http://rapidshare.de/files/25124798/LCS_Tunnel_Drops.wmv.html

Callahan Bridge Jump Several people were asking questions on GameFAQs so I taped a few runs of this unique stunt jump . This video (3:18, 34MB) shows the jump using several different bikes. I included a few failures and let the clips run long to show the distance stats for the jumps.

http://www.badongo.com/vid/159215
http://rapidshare.de/files/25130991/Callahan_Bridge_Jump.wmv.html

Nope, I don't have AIM. My bandwidth is tied up at the moment anyway. I'll test out another service for Leap of Faith.

SSV Subway Drop is available in High Quality Windows Media Video format (5:38, 40MB) at the link below. This video shows the drop point at the runway, a long rocket trip to death heading toward S Staunton, and another rocket trip over the SSV Station to the wall where the subway crosses under the tunnels.

http://www.badongo.com/vid/159180
http://rapidshare.de/files/25136644/SSV_Subway_Drop.wmv.html

Leap of Faith This video (2:40, 18MB) shows a small section of the subway system between the Callahan Bridge and south toward the S Staunton Station where the path is blocked by water.

http://www.badongo.com/vid/159172
http://rapidshare.de/files/25140815/Leap_of_Faith.wmv.html

Warp Zone This video (1:26, 7MB) shows the jump into the Portland to Staunton Island Warp Zone at the construction site in Portland. I'm not very good at this warp and only recorded two successful jumps.

http://www.badongo.com/vid/159173
http://rapidshare.de/files/25141413/Warp_Zone.wmv.html

I've decided to mop up the rest of my percentage just by going through guides and maps. I couldn't be bothered trying to find what I can.

They've finally got their act together with the stunt jumps. If you try a jump you haven't already passed, you'll get either a fail or success message. If it's a jump you've completed, you'll get no message.

That way there's no confusion as to whether you've done the jump or not.

San Andreas had it all ass about face. They told you how many you'd tried and how many you'd passed. But there was no clue as to which ones you'd passed and which you'd failed. Totally useless.

KM.

San Andreas had it all ass about face.

You could have always looked at your stats after doing a jump to find out, and not try another jump, untill you had completed a found jump.:)

Could you add the Callahan Bridge Jump vid to that other place, since i accidenlty clicked the wrong link(had that vid already), and now i gotta wait another 80 minutes. :guilty:

Other place works alot better, too bad i gotta finish a vid before starting another.:ouch:

bcks
Could you add the Callahan Bridge Jump vid to that other place, since i accidenlty clicked the wrong link(had that vid already), and now i gotta wait another 80 minutes. :guilty:

Other place works alot better, too bad i gotta finish a vid before starting another.:ouch:
Callahan Bridge has been uploaded to BaDonGo.com and the links have been updated. I would appreciate feedback on BaDonGo.com as a video and file host. They don't reprocess the videos and sometimes they will stream right away. I think I'll still upload them to Google Video; I've been quite happy with that service. Follow this link for thumbnail links to my San Andreas Videos.

http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2170848#post2170848

Yeah i got all your linked lcs vids in this topic now, thanks.

I stumbled upon some of your gta sa vids last night, but it was a place, i couldn't save to my harddrive. Does the links you gave allow that for your gta sa vids?

Orion or anybody else who knows.;)

For Scrapyard Challenge, there seems to be a glitch in your reward.

Any reason why saveing doesn't keep the 4x and 8x reward when you reach certain point amounts of points on this level?

There has to be a way to keep this glitch from happening, why would they reward you with a chance to make more money, then take it away. Its either reloading or turning the power off that makes it go away i believe.

Does just getting to 21 points get you the %(then don't bother anymore)? or do you need to get the 8x reward score(its either 31 or 32, not sure, but its not 30) or max of 40 to get all the % increaces you can get?

I was pretty happy when it said i would get 8x money, but then seeing it went away:(, in the process of going for 40 secs which i got.:) Only with 5 seconds to spare, but meh, took long to find a good path.💡

The Google videos can be downloaded, but then you need to view them using the Google viewer. I don't know what's up with the scrapyard glitch but I noticed it too.

Well I am finally onto Stanton Island! Are the church missions part of the storyline? They don't seem to match in.

Is it just me, or do the missions seem harder in LCS than in the other GTA games? (I had to do the Portland Chainsaw Mascarade (sp) one about 5 times before I got it)

Is it just me, or do the missions seem harder in LCS than in the other GTA games?

They're certainly more intense than the other 3. Speaking of 3, I managed to beat LCS in 3 days with no cheats. I think this installment of GTA was great, but not nearly as great as it could've been. For one, the storyline could've been longer (remember? 3 days with no cheats) and they could've made Shoreside Vale much more interesting...they should've let you go upstate. On the bright side, it was neat to see Liberty City slightly different then how I knew it and GTA3, and how it alters as you go on in the game.

Orion, you ever tryed figureing out the glitch? You know if it worked like it should have in the psp version?(the crusher reward)

I only have Vigilante, Paramedic, Firefighter , and Taxi left to do , then i can tell you the max % in portland, with no glitchs.

I'm trying to keep my mission attempts, at how many missions they are, so doing 100 taxi fares in a row, might be hard, not sure yet. I know once you beat a mission, you can do it as many times as you want, without it increasing your mission attempts.

Orion_SR
Unsuccessful and Untested Locations

Leap of Faith

This is not a boat glitch but it related because it provides access to the subway system south of the drowning wall near the Speeder drop point, to an area near the S Staunton Station. This entrance was described by fathedred in this thread at GameFAQs.

The safe path remains invisible but is fairly straight and easy to navigate. To the north the path is blocked by a wall near the Callahan Bridge. To the south the path is covered by water and extremely difficult to navigate. I have been unable to make the final turn west to approach the S Staunton Station. Toni can walk safely in the water, but the view keeps changing to an overhead shot when the waves roll in, and Toni drowns when he slips off the tunnel.

Hi, it's fathedred from GameFaQs (outofthegamer was banned from there, hee hee!) Great pics and vids Orion!! I should also mention that the leap of faith works in GTA3!! and I beleive it is the only blue hell entrance that doesn't require a code of any sort.

Unfortunately, I too did not make it too far into the water, the rocket glare did not work, but i didn't try molotov cocktails. The Portland--Staunton warp is not possible in GTA3, though--the corresponding area is not under construction anymore...:grumpy:

gOoSeTeR
Well I am finally onto Stanton Island! Are the church missions part of the storyline? They don't seem to match in.

They will.... sort of (you will see when you finish them)... yes they are required (I'm pretty sure anyway)...

outofthegamer
I should also mention that the leap of faith works in GTA3!! and I beleive it is the only blue hell entrance that doesn't require a code of any sort.
Hey outofthegamer, glad to see you could make it. I was able to get the Staunton Dock Drop onto the subway to work in GTA3 by moving a Reefer and jumping a Stinger. The Firetruck Drop works in GTA3 as well. I just complete a video specific to the LCS Firetruck Drop. It's available from Rapidshare and BaDonGo. It's under 25MB (1:42. 15MB) so BaDonGo.com will stream it.

Firetruck Drop shows the accidental discovery and hints to dropping onto the tunnel to Shoreside Vale. This should be an easier alternative to pushing a Predator around the ferry terminal in order to access SSV before it is unlocked.
http://www.badongo.com/vid/159906
http://rapidshare.de/files/25247859/Firetruck_Drop.wmv.html

Back