GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
Hopefully by the time I finish work, it might have settled enough to have a bit of a play online. If not I will continue finding my collectables!

Those that have created a character, does the character speak?

What a buzzkill just tried many time to get on GTAO with 0 success. Why bother to open something that won't work :( thanks for wasting my time R*

We just have to be patient, this was inevitable.

I can't understand why they would bother to unlock it if it wasn't going to work :(

Oh well like others have said at least I have a little more time to 100% the off line :D

It will work for some people, simplifying things here but if for example their servers allow for 1,000,000 connections and 5,000,000 try to connect and play it's not going to work for most people.

It happens for every online game at the start because everyone tries to get on at the same time. Once things die down and people start connecting at different times as is usual then it'll become better.

I was able to get into a free roam game but there were no jobs available. Only ammunations. My character and progress did not save after leaving the lobby.

Just figured something out, under the online section in pause menu, you can start a solo game if you just want to check it out 👍

Edit - it only shows the first cut scene, and then I get an error. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Just figured something out, under the online section in pause menu, you can start a solo game if you just want to check it out 👍

Edit - it only shows the first cut scene, and then I get an error. :grumpy:

Yup I got as far as the street race part on solo then "Failed to join job" :irked:.

On the plus side I'm quite happy with how I got my character to turn out. Anyone else get told by Lamar he thought we'd be taller.. Really hoping I'm not stuck being small :P.

Seeing as there's a GTP crew for the PS3, I'd there any interest for a GTP crew on the 360?

Everyone here is trying to log in to GTA Online.

And I'm just sitting here at lunch... in school. :grumpy:

Everyone here is trying to log in to GTA Online.

And I'm just sitting here at lunch... in school. :grumpy:

You'd be better off being there to be honest. I almost have the big yellow "ALERT" text from the unavailable server screen etched into my eyeballs. :grumpy:
Ah well, we all saw this coming.

Has anyone actually played online yet?!

I got in for about 30 seconds earlier. I got to where Lamar picks you up from the airport, then the game froze...unbelievable.
Rockstar, what were you doing for two weeks after the initial launch?

ND4SPD
Seeing as there's a GTP crew for the PS3, I'd there any interest for a GTP crew on the 360?

I'd be up for it.

dhandeh
Has anyone actually played online yet?!

Yes, I was in a lobby with about 8 guys for an hour or so this morning.

Just got the update. It was weird, first trying to update it as soon as the game started led to a frozen black screen, only way to get out was unplugging the PS3. Anyway, I Googled for a solution, and was happy to find that I just had to let the intro play through, then confirm the update and all's well.

So yeah, joined the GTP crew as well, hopefully I'll see some of you guys online soon.

I can see no change in the next 30 mins then it's off to work until 11pm... Better be good enough for just Solo when I get back...

Wardez I want to be part of your first heist cause your the brains of anything :D.

Still no online here. Been up 6 and a half hours and no luck.

Did do a solo lobby, but I watched a longgggg intro just to walk 5 feet into a marker and be booted back off.

Just got the update. It was weird, first trying to update it as soon as the game started led to a frozen black screen, only way to get out was unplugging the PS3. Anyway, I Googled for a solution, and was happy to find that I just had to let the intro play through, then confirm the update and all's well.

So yeah, joined the GTP crew as well, hopefully I'll see some of you guys online soon.

I got the same thing, kinda worried me to unplug it while it was still turned on.

This online launch is turning out to be the worst one I've seen. The Social Club is down too so I'm assuming their servers are offline or at least partially.

By the way, anyone else hate the character creation? Took me nearly an hour and I hate the way he looks. Way too much into it in my opinion, this is the exact reason why I hate the Sims.

Edit: I joined the GTP crew too :).

It took me around 20 mins of mucking about with it, I was pretty happy with how he turned out :).

For sure Paul! I'll be as grandiose in planning as Lester but with no execution. It'll be a brilliant fireball of fail, should be fun.

And about this launch not being so... launchy. Yeah, I don't think any big launch has ever worked. There's no way to anticipate the epic bottleneck their servers are encountering right now, tech just doesn't exist. Just be thankful it's free and it'll work fine in a couple days once kinks are ironed.

Back