GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
..yeah, that mission is a significant load of BS. You can't even lure them outside and, as far as I can remember, you don't even pick up the weapons they drop, as if the mission's designed to be an evaluation of your sanity.

also not sure why one would abandon the bunker in favor of biker stuff but whatever floats your boat.

I had three guys on me at once most of the time.

I just know someone's gonna quote that out of context.
tJPbAaTGS75du.gif

I guess I'll be the lazy one who takes the quick and easy path.

Profanity Warning! The Lost, not me....

I never even thought of doing that.

I also couldn't help but laugh when killing the bartender got no reaction, only when you put your fists up did they react. :lol:

I've recently shut down my bunker business and just focused on my weed farm for now, and while the resupply missions have been pretty straight forward, the other day I came across one where I had to start a bar fight with The Lost in Tequi-la-la. I could only use fists since, well, machine guns aren't exactly allowed in clubs and bars. Except this rule didn't seem to apply to The Lost, and they killed me several times with broken bottles, pool cues and knives. How the 🤬 am I supposed to take on a bunch of bikers with knives armed with nothing but my fists? I got the stuff in the end, but not without dying six or seven times. Kinda bugged me how unfairly matched that mission was, but exploring the inside of Tequi-la-la was cool.
Hate it when I see this one come up

"Go to Tequi-la-la", no, no, no, No, NO!

I'd just like to point out one interesting tidbit that's appeared in my loading-GTA-so-have-some-text-to-look-at thingies:

One of them, which has been on for at least a week, says there's apparently 15% off a Megalodon Shark Card and that this "special offer" runs until August 16.

The other, newer one, says there's 40% bonus cash for any given Shark Card purchase, also until August 16.

I've done the maths, and if all that still applies, that's actually 65% more cash per real money than without any bonuses, and 15% more than when it's just the 50% extra bonus.

If I assume for a second that I don't have the 25 million I already do, a Bunker to provide a steady income and a highly profitable I/E business if I feel like doing actual work, it's almost tempting.

The best deal was when they had the 50% bonus, and folks were selling PSN cards for 50% off. $12m in GTA cash for 50USD. I haven't bought any myself, but do recall folks jumping on that at the time. The current deal is ~131,765 in game per 1USD(11,200,000/85). The old 50% bonus deal(without discounts, and without buying 50% off laundered PSN cards) was 120,000 in game per 1USD(12,000,000/100). That's less than 10% more cash per USD than the old deal. Still better, but not quite 15%. The current deal is nearly 65% more in game $ per USD than regular price of 80,000 in game per USD, yes.

The fact that the in-game dollar is worth less than ever before given the price creep and new earning methods has meant that Shark Cards have never been an effectively worse 'deal' than they are now. They have remained at a constant value while everything else relative has been adjusted over time. Much like bank account balances, previously purchased items, etc; everything in game has actually lost value since the start.

A few years ago a $20/£12 card would get you a built version of the most expensive supercar in the game. Now that will get you just under a third of the way there. There has been a lot of inflation that the cards haven't kept pace with. That said, the $/hr the game allows you to earn compared to the $/hr you can earn in real life make the cards attractive for some. Regardless, the cost is still prohibitive long term or to build a character/PSN account, because the reality of what a well-equipped character costs is....uh.....well.....staggering. To say the least.

I'm not disagreeing, I've just worded it differently, as you did note. Point is the 50% extra is.. well, 50% better GTA$/real money than normal, whereas the current offer is ~65% better.

Still, all of that discussion is irrelevant when you consider a digital version of GTA + Megalodon Card is cheaper than just the Card, by the tune of some extra 20%. Heck of a deal for any newcomers if they get the 40% too.

..though there is no arguing Shark Cards in general are more than a bit overpriced. To think that, once upon a time, a single 100USD (wow, in this one instance, something's actually cheaper over here - that's a first) could buy you eight instances of the single most expensive item in the game, nevermind how the in-game economy in general has changed.

In less depressing news, tomorrow's Ocelot day - but which one of the two do people feel will drop?

I wonder what the best 'cheap' build would be, to be fairly competitive in every game mode?

One car in each class for racing (performance parts only)
One gun in each category (RPG + HL)
1 high end apt (for heists) and some cheap $/parking space properties.
A couple of aircraft, a couple of armed ones like the buzzard.

Etc...

I'll say that depends - just the cheapest option or something that's actually useful in terms of cars/guns/aircraft?

Cheapest option probably scrapes the floor at around a few million, considering you can find cars for any class bar the Super class off the street, the cheapest High End apartment is 200k and the Buzzard is 1,750,000.

Most expensive build? Well for starters you'd need one of every car. And you'd need the most expensive garages for that. Aint nobody got time fo' dat.

If I were to create a new character that would be self-sustainable, and competitive in game modes and PvP, it would be something like this:

Property:
1 high-end apartment - $200,000
1 office - $1,000,000
1 I/E warehouse - $1,500,000
1 bunker - $1,650,000 + 1,550,000 + 598,500
1 MOC - $1,225,000 + 716,250

Weapons:
Pistol: Can't get rid of it
Automatic pistol of choice: ~ $5k
Combat MG Mk II: $ 14,800 + 119,000 + whatever mods you feel like using
Carbine Rifle w/ AP rounds: $13,000 + 107,000 + 66,000 + whatever mods you feel like adding
Marksman Rifle: $15,750
Heavy Sniper MkII w/ explosive rounds: $38,750 + 165,375 + 115,450 + the muzzle brakes are useless
All the heavy weapons: very expensive

Vehicles:
Tempesta: ~ $1.5M
Elegy: ~ $250k
Akuma: ~ $100k? idk i stopped looking up prices at this point
Buzzard: $1,750,000
Schafter LWB: ~$650k
Dinghy: $125,000

Other:
Edit Character - $100,000 because I never get the nose right

Total: I stopped counting when I reached 12 million.

This is a fairly basic list of what I've found to be useful and convenient. You can definately cheap out a bit, or dump a lot more money, but this is what I think would be good enough for most people.

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing, I've just worded it differently, as you did note. Point is the 50% extra is.. well, 50% better GTA$/real money than normal, whereas the current offer is ~65% better.

Eh, sort of. :lol:

Unfortunately, the difference between a 50% increase and a 65% increase isn't 15%. I know, I know. How?

A 50% increase over the in game credits per USD over the regular price brings the 80,000 per USD to 120,000 per USD. Again, that's 12,000,000/100USD that brings the rate to 120,000/USD.

A 40% increase brings the credits you purchase to 11,200,000. A 15% discount brings the price to ~ 85USD. That's 11,200,000/85, which is 131,764.7/USD.

This brings you to a difference of ~11,765 per USD. 11,765/120,000 is an increase of .098 or 9.8% over the 120,000 per USD that you get with the old 50% increase deal.

It's still the best legitimate deal they've had, although it does beg the question as to why they 'play such games' in my mind. The promotion coding was already there for the 50% bonus they've run multiple times, so by reducing this bonus they actually had to pay someone to go in and program an entirely new bonus at 40%, reduced by 800,000. So they actually spent money to make sure the consumer didn't get too good of a deal. Hahahaha R*. They must plan to sell a fair number for that math to really make an impact, as skimming 800,000(yes, I know it's not truly skimming as the $ wasn't earned...) from just a few players doesn't have ANY impact. Much like when your insurance company, bank, etc increases their monthly fees something like £1; makes little difference to the consumer, it is only when you consider the HUGE numbers they're playing with on the company side does such petty actions make sense.

Why do you drive on the parkway and park on the driveway?
Why is Greenland not green and Iceland not ice?
Why is 150 a 50% increase over 100 but 100 is only a 33.333% decrease from 150? ;)

I wonder what the best 'cheap' build would be, to be fairly competitive in every game mode?

One car in each class for racing (performance parts only)
One gun in each category (RPG + HL)
1 high end apt (for heists) and some cheap $/parking space properties.
A couple of aircraft, a couple of armed ones like the buzzard.

Etc...

For me it would really depend on one's goals.

If for whatever reason I had to start over from scratch, I would likely live a much simpler GTA lifestyle. I thought about making another character from scratch, and keeping it simple to only what I enjoy in the game. Doing so cuts the 'stuff' I 'need' down considerably, and adjusts the $ needed accordingly. If I wanted a simple life for my playing style, once I had the desirable marine vessels and aircraft paid for, there is little I'd want to spend money on further. I'd likely keep an apartment with a 10-car garage, and since I engage in zero racing most of my cars would be cheaper cruise vehicles. The Emperor, Rancher XL, and similar cars would likely be what I keep. Similarly, given I don't shootemup all that much, and rarely do so voluntarily; I could probably cut out most of the armament. I could probably build a character that satisfies 90% of my activity needs for under $10 mil if I had to. The items that would stand to blow that budget would be the Toro, Tug, Miljet etc for me, which likely aren't on most players' radar as essentials. :lol:

The best part for me about a simple lifestyle like above, is that it precludes the necessity for things like the Buzzard, Cargobob, Office, Bunker, etc. Those types of things aren't needed if you don't need to generate significant income, which you wouldn't if you don't have those significant expenses that come with desires to purchase the big ticket items.

I know that now I've purchased the limited items that appeal to me from this past update, I'm planning to slow my grinding to a halt. I'm already approaching all time high account balances, and without the prospect of new costs being introduced(aka stuff I want to buy) I'll just shut down operations for a bit until needed again.

A fully built character by my historic standards? Hah. Obscene costs. I recall a few folks posting up their social club stats for credits spent in game and several were well above $250m. That's over $3k USD in shark cards...or well beyond ~1300 hours of grinding for most. As a comparison, a typical 40hr/wk employee only works ~2,000 hours per year. That's over 8 months of grinding 8 hours per day, 5 days a week. It's crazy haha.

The knowledge of what is available in game and the difficulty in attaining that status is very discouraging to new players. In one night myself and another player took a new player friend from under $100k to over $1m in one evening. Seeing that was just a start and that it would take a few more nights of that just to spend it back down to $zero to startup I/E and a bunker, followed by literally days of grinding just to get back to a few million that you can now play with(and still doesn't go far) was enough that the game basically ruined itself from the start in their mind. That was with me running VIP constantly and him keeping the earnings of three players(himself, another player, and myself) along with tagging along on a heist, etc.

This is why I would rather have straight up paid DLC vs the microtransaction business model. At least I have the luxury of looking at this all with a laugh, but it's not that funny for many players. It can be frustrating for them. This is why I try to help anyone I can when I can.

*many maths*

..it's never easy with you, is it? :lol:

Technically, this isn't 15% better than the 50% bonus, no - what I mean is this:

The 50% bonus gives 50% more GTA$/USD than normal or 120,000 GTA$/USD.

The current deal gives you 65% more GTA$/USD than normal or 131,764.71 GTA$/USD - maths you've also done.

So it's at least 15%-points better compared to the classic 50% bonus. My mistake on that part.

I'd also just like to add that, with the current exchange rates, the GTA+Megalodon bundle over here is the equivalent of 57 USD, which, when doing the math, is:

• 145% more GTA$/USD (11.2 million GTA$/57 USD compared to 8 million GTA$/100 USD - ~196,500 GTA$/USD compared to 80,000 GTA$/USD) than without discounts and bonuses,
  • 31% better than the current equivalent US deal at $74.79 (DK deal is still 196,500 GTA$/USD - US gets 11.2 million GTA$/74,79 USD = 149,752 GTA$/USD) and
  • 50% more than buying just the Shark Card (196,500 GTA$/USD compared to 131,764.71 GTA$/USD).
For reasons of the prices of various GTA items on PSN and exchange rates being about as balanced as the Industrials class, it doesn't work out quite like that when done in local currency, but you're still getting more than twice the value for your money compared to no bonuses and some 37% compared to just buying the Card.

Yes, it's absolute madness from a mathematical standpoint.

..it's never easy with you, is it? :lol:

No, if it were then I'd be doing folks a disservice next time they come upon a serial pedant.

Technically, this isn't 15% better than the 50% bonus, no - what I mean is this:

The 50% bonus gives 50% more GTA$/USD than normal or 120,000 GTA$/USD.

The current deal gives you 65% more GTA$/USD than normal or 131,764.71 GTA$/USD - maths you've also done.

So it's at least 15%-points better compared to the classic 50% bonus. My mistake on that part.

Yes, to be most accurate would be to say that it is a 15% greater gain than the old 50% bonus over the base regular price.

The reason I replied was the sentence that read:

I've done the maths, and if all that still applies, that's actually 65% more cash per real money than without any bonuses, and 15% more than when it's just the 50% extra bonus.

That implied to me that you earn 15% more cash per real money than with the old 50% bonus, which of course isn't true as it is a touch under 10% more cash per real money than with the old 50% bonus. It is, of course, a 15% greater gain than the old 50% bonus. It is not a 15% gain over the old 50% bonus. You could say that the new deal is ~65% more cash per real money than without any bonuses, which is a 15% greater gain than the old 50% bonus.
:lol:

Pedantic, yes; but no different than if I were to say that 15 is 50% more than the 10, and 30% more than 12.

Yes, it's absolute madness from a mathematical standpoint.

To drill it all down can be complicated, but as long as you take all the correct factors into account it's easy to get within shooting distance of the exact numbers just off the top of your head. It's the taking all factors into account that most folks miss(not you.)

👍

I recall a few folks posting up their social club stats for credits spent in game and several were well above $250m. That's over $3k USD in shark cards...or well beyond ~1300 hours of grinding for most. As a comparison, a typical 40hr/wk employee only works ~2,000 hours per year. That's over 8 months of grinding 8 hours per day, 5 days a week. It's crazy haha
Good grief. That's eye watering!

For me, This is why I think GTAv will be my final high level, high buying, super yacht owning, Epenis enlarged, grindathon game.

Once GTAvi, Red Dead 2 and even the new Gran Turismo are released I just can't imagine investing the same amount of time and effort into them to grind away for the content and earn a kind of meaningless sense of achievement that gaming provides.

I enjoy games and I always will but in the future I will be a low level scrub who has to step aside. The older I get the more the thought of how many hours spent on a game starts to hurt me and I will one day regret it. (And that doesn't include other games I sometimes play)

I mean when GTAv is long gone, the servers are closed and all that I have amassed has vanished it will all have been for nothing in grand scheme of life*

I just haven't got it in me to start again. Gaming is a never ending pattern of rinse and repeat.

But as always, that's my opinion.

*But compared to some stats I've seen my investment in effort and hours is small

Turns out today is XA-21 day:

Sorry, expendable car that used to be parked next to the Penetrator in one of my office garages, but the time has come.

Insurgent I haven't used more than once, your days are numbered to one week from now.

Edit: Oh god you can actually change the entire engine block to either the standard block, a V12 or a race tuned V8, all in either chrome, primary or secondary colors.

Ironically this is probably the most customisable car in the game right now.

Last edited:
Can also confirm reports that Gunrunning is set to 2x the value. I repeat, selling 20 "crates", which would usually net you 210,000 with all upgrades when sold in LS, will now give you 420,000.

In other words, if you're selling 20 "crates" and buy supplies, it's actually 2.55.. times as profitable as normal ( @Marcus Garvey :P )

If you do have a bunker, it's plain stupid to not have it running this week.

Last edited:
*clears throat*

The XA-21 has became the new king of Cutting Coroners GP, just very barely breaking the 1 minute mark, which would make it faster than the pre-Gunrunning RE-7B.

The car literally is Tempesta 2.0: excellent everything but top speed, which seems to be it's lowest point. The X80, Nero (custom), Vagner and many other selections are still more preferred if you want an all rounder that performs at the top. A comparison of the Vagner and the XA-21's best laps are made, and it's visible that the acceleration is the key factor that made it the best.

Also pointed out is that the changing of the engine block doesn't increase traction since the car has an automatic spoiler: one point I want to further study.

EDIT:

XA-21 places 15th with a speed of 122.5 mph, which is middle of the class. The Nero really is the Super to go for in his opinion.

Last edited:
Back