GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
I found it's possible to pick up an upside down car with a Cargobob. Picked up a source vehicle, got a death wobble and dropped it.

EDIT: My reaction when I enter a crowded lobby
A7vs0UL.gif

Last edited:
Found out a weird kink with the grenade launcher. When you're blind-firing from around a corner, the "draw" animation is shorter than the actual delay between shots, meaning you can spam the fire button and it'll fire much quicker than the normal rate of fire.

It's incredibly expensive, but stupidly effective against unsuspecting players.

Given that it's highly unlikely to continue into next week, I figured something like this would be appropriate:

upload_2017-8-22_9-34-34.png

..I am juuuuuuuuust going to try to sneak another day in there, though. The margins are simply too good. Even with the purchase of an XA-21 and an APC, and with minimal help from the Vehicle Warehouse, I've made my way from 20.something millions to just over 30 as of right now over the last seven days. The money's there if R* is kind enough and you make the right moves.

Last edited:
The Ocelot Ardent is available for purchase on Warstock for 1.15 million.

No, don't try putting it in the water: the car shop description's promoting this behavior. Aside from the crappy front mounted machineguns, the car really doesn't bring anything new to the table. Granted, I do want an Esprit in the game for a while now.

When I do get it, I'm going to paint it like the Ayrton Senna special (secondary paint is a sort of stripe on the car's lower body)

Lotus-Esprit-in-Ayrton-Senna-JPS-Livery-by-CAMSHAFT-1-800x367.jpg

TL;DR it would've been useful in Sports Classics races if R* hadn't given it guns or at least bothered to include some simple setting that turns off mounted weapons in races and let it in.

Double post for reason of this weeks bonuses. R* is really onto something here.

• 25% off Offices
  • 25% off Vehicle Warehouses
  • 25% off Cognoscenti 55, Schafter LWB and Rocket Voltic
  • Gunrunning is back to being 25% faster
  • 2x$ on some adversary modes
..and here's the killer:

Import/Export is doubled. I repeat, a Top Range car is now sold for $200,000 - $40,000 High End Modifications = $160,000 profits - or about 8K/minute including cooldown.

rip me.

..hang on a second.

I thought we were only supposed to get slightly faster speeds on Gunrunning, but I'm still seeing double money on my end.

..in which case, if Gunrunning truly is faster, sells for twice as much and I/E is doubled too, I am not going to be short on cash for anything there may still be coming to Online/if we can transfer characters and all that to GTA VI.

Last edited:
This is odd.

Even the R* newswire says Bunkers are just supposed to be 25% faster.

Mine's not, but I'm getting double money on it, in addition to all the other bonuses they've got going.

If anyone else can confirm what's going on, let me know. I sort of don't want to lose what my Bunker's got going until it's absolutely necessary.

Edit: Not sure if I'm going crazy, but I'm fairly certain mine is actually faster as well. Not complaining, just.. looking for confirmation? Technically R* never said the 2x on Gunrunning would run out today, only that you'd no longer get that all-important clothing item..

Edit2: I've done the calculations again.

Given a double payout and extra speed on Gunrunning, you're looking at a profit in the area of $3,200/minute if you buy supplies - about $4,000 if you steal. Which, if you remember back to when I first did these calculations, is a heck of a lot more than what Contact Missions are worth. It's officially more profitable to be lazy than it is to do Contact Missions!

With all this in mind, let's play with some more numbers:

It'll take the Bunker about 1:45 to make 20 "crates". If you want to sell the guns as soon as they're all ready, you can squeeze five I/E cars in there. Given that the profit for a Top Range car with High End modifications is a grand total of $160,000, that's.. $800,000 in I/E alone. In addition to that then comes an extra $345,000 from Gunrunning, and you're looking at somewhere north of - hold on to your butts:

$10,000 per minute.

Now I know there is *a* mathematical way of determining exactly the right mix of I/E/Gunrunning, but, at the end of the day, who cares? You'll be wiping your bottom with million dollar bills before you know it regardless.

Last edited:
"All right, I have enough money to last me until the next update. Time to actually play the game for once."

*2x cash from Import/Exort sales and 25% faster bunker manufacturing*

varyemez-amca.gif

Lots of Scrooge McDuck here. :lol:

Double I/E sure is amazing, but why would they give this to us? Is an update coming with things so ridiculously overpriced that even the yacht and banana plane pale in comparison?

More likely it's because GTA Online is reaching its endgame and they've decided to give us a few weeks with extremely good payouts so we can finally get whatever we've always wanted before it's too late.

If I wanted to move to a different bunker, would I have to buy another at full price or can I trade mine in?

If I wanted to move to a different bunker, would I have to buy another at full price or can I trade mine in?

I thought I read that it would work as a trade in system, but might be worth double checking.

EDIT: I do think though that you might lose all supplies, research and upgrades if you switch bunkers, even if you do get a trade in amount.

I thought I read that it would work as a trade in system, but might be worth double checking.

EDIT: I do think though that you might lose all supplies, research and upgrades if you switch bunkers, even if you do get a trade in amount.

Hmm. I went to look at the bunkers on the website and they're still listed at full price there, but I daren't click buy in case I'm charged that much. The novelty of having the Paleto Bay bunker has certainly worn off now... :lol:

More likely it's because GTA Online is reaching its endgame and they've decided to give us a few weeks with extremely good payouts so we can finally get whatever we've always wanted before it's too late.

Wouldn't be surprised at that, and wouldn't be surprised if the team working on GTAO is shifted onto doing full time work for Red Dead Redemption 2's online component. (Red Dead Online? RDO?)

If it was't obvious, there is a lot less people working on GTAO then there was at launch. People getting fired, moved to RDR, etc.

Hmm. I went to look at the bunkers on the website and they're still listed at full price there, but I daren't click buy in case I'm charged that much. The novelty of having the Paleto Bay bunker has certainly worn off now... :lol:

That's why I didn't go for one. Having to constantly travel up there must suck. I'm very pleased with my bunker by the airplane scrapyard. If ever I need supplies from Zancudo or Humane Labs it's sort of just down the road and if it's anywhere else, at least I don't have to go all the way up north if the supplies are around city.

That's why I didn't go for one. Having to constantly travel up there must suck. I'm very pleased with my bunker by the airplane scrapyard. If ever I need supplies from Zancudo or Humane Labs it's sort of just down the road and if it's anywhere else, at least I don't have to go all the way up north if the supplies are around city.

The Smoke Tree Road bunker is 25% off at the moment which is what made me consider the move, and it's just down the road from the one by the scrapyard. At the time when I bought my Paleto Bay bunker I didn't really have the money for anything else. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I'm really bored of traveling back and forth so much. :lol:

The Smoke Tree Road bunker is 25% off at the moment which is what made me consider the move, and it's just down the road from the one by the scrapyard. At the time when I bought my Paleto Bay bunker I didn't really have the money for anything else. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I'm really bored of traveling back and forth so much. :lol:

I own Smoke weed Tree bunker from day one of Gunrunning, and it's the most solid property purchase I've made since my vehicle warehouse at Davis.

- Easy access to the highway.
- Near Sandy Shores airfield for Pegasus aircraft.
- Close proximity to most Blaine County resupply missions, particularly the railguns in Humane Labs. With a Buzzard, you can do the helicopter resupply mission in 2 minutes or less.

I own Smoke weed Tree bunker from day one of Gunrunning, and it's the most solid property purchase I've made since my vehicle warehouse at Davis.

- Easy access to the highway.
- Near Sandy Shores airfield for Pegasus aircraft.
- Close proximity to most Blaine County resupply missions, particularly the railguns in Humane Labs. With a Buzzard, you can do the helicopter resupply mission in 2 minutes or less.

Railguns in Humane Labs? Every time I've got the railguns mission it's been at the Merryweather HQ at the docks, right at the other end of the map. :lol:

Railguns at Humane Labs is pretty painless, compared to Merryweather HQ. The NPC at HL aren't as many, and when you retrieve the Railgun, they have pistols. Plus it's closer to most of the Bunkers.

Railguns in Humane Labs? Every time I've got the railguns mission it's been at the Merryweather HQ at the docks, right at the other end of the map. :lol:

I've had it at Humane a few times. So easy haha

Back