GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
I'm kind of confused on R*'s logic in releasing the P996 Lazer. With the Gun Running update they give us Hangars in Fort Zancudo that make it 100x easier to steal a Lazer than it was before, yet they expect us to pay upward of $6,000,000 just to have the privilege of owning and painting one?

Makes no sense at all, one would think they would at least allow the ownable one to be tougher, more agile or have better weapons (and bombs) than what is available on the Zancudo spawns but AFAIK they don't.

Literally only reason someone would want to buy a Lazer would be to show off how much money they have, but to most players I feel like it would just be a complete waste of money.

Although with this dripfeed over I can't wait to see what the next update entails.

That poor Tornado :lol:

videotogif_2017.12.01_22.53.14.gif

Well, it's been a long time since I last checked this thread or played GTA5 since getting rid of the ps3 in early 2015. To my surprise you can't transfer your character anymore either, now that I got the game on PC. :( Rest in the eternity of void and darkness, my rank 250 character with millions in the bank and everything in posession.

In other news, what's even the go-to way to earn money and all that shabazz nowadays? Is it still Rooftop Rumble? 💡

In other news, what's even the go-to way to earn money and all that shabazz nowadays? Is it still Rooftop Rumble? 💡
Well, if you're into racing, the Transform series races are double $ double RP until the 11th. Also, saving up for a bunker is worth it since you can make some easy and good money off of those.

Well, it's been a long time since I last checked this thread or played GTA5 since getting rid of the ps3 in early 2015. To my surprise you can't transfer your character anymore either, now that I got the game on PC. :( Rest in the eternity of void and darkness, my rank 250 character with millions in the bank and everything in posession.

Yeah, they canned transfers back in March amidst attempts to quell the transfer of modded accounts.

At this point, if you are starting off solo then the old grinds are still mostly in play until you are able to do VIP work. If it were me doing it solo from scratch I would probably run the old contact missions and whatever convenient double pay options are available at the time until VIP was available. From there I would grind VIP/missions/double pay stuff until I could buy an office. Next I would continue to earn enough to buy a vehicle warehouse if you have the time to do the source/sell missions, as it remains the most efficient earning method. If you prefer a slower but more passive income, then I would buy the bunker first. Either way, you're going to end up with the vehicle warehouse and a bunker eventually if you want solid income going forward. To keep it simple, you can skip the rest.

The easy way, of course, if you're on PS4 is to just find me online. If I have another person or two hanging round, we can get you most of the way toward a CEO office in a few hours and that makes everything easier. Once you've got an office and a warehouse everything else sort of falls into place.

New Update, December 12th.

*sigh* You know this game has gone to high hell well you're first thought is "I can't imagine how inflated these prices will be."

My first thought was; who is going to make a game combining the sim-like gameplay of San Andreas, the 'living' environment of V, without the Twisted Metal/Mad Max cartoonish crap. My second thought was; who would ever pay for such a boring game. And then I poured another drink.

New Update, December 12th.

*sigh* You know this game has gone to high hell well you're first thought is "I can't imagine how inflated these prices will be."

Can't wait for MrBossFTW to make 50 more speculation videos before this update releases.

Yeah, they canned transfers back in March amidst attempts to quell the transfer of modded accounts.

At this point, if you are starting off solo then the old grinds are still mostly in play until you are able to do VIP work. If it were me doing it solo from scratch I would probably run the old contact missions and whatever convenient double pay options are available at the time until VIP was available. From there I would grind VIP/missions/double pay stuff until I could buy an office. Next I would continue to earn enough to buy a vehicle warehouse if you have the time to do the source/sell missions, as it remains the most efficient earning method. If you prefer a slower but more passive income, then I would buy the bunker first. Either way, you're going to end up with the vehicle warehouse and a bunker eventually if you want solid income going forward. To keep it simple, you can skip the rest.

The easy way, of course, if you're on PS4 is to just find me online. If I have another person or two hanging round, we can get you most of the way toward a CEO office in a few hours and that makes everything easier. Once you've got an office and a warehouse everything else sort of falls into place.
Thanks for the reply :) just now I have even more questions... What are VIP missions? How do you get them? Why an office?

Well, I can only imagine the cost of some of those items. My virtual wallet is groaning at the thought of it.

I'm not sure how many variations of VTOL aircraft the game needs and surely they need to increase the hangar storage to accommodate them.

The Delorean is a must for me, maybe the jet pack too.

Oh, and the new heist, brace yourselves for those players who quit as soon as the mission starts, blows everyone up or finds themselves as a pilot and they can't fly for the life of them. "Fun".....very expensive "fun". :D

*this is not "being useful" in any way, so there*

So it's back to Heists, basically. But with a more Fast-8-Directed-by-Michael-Bay-would-be-proud-if-they-could-hold-a-candle-to-this-amount-of-🤬-that-would-break-the-sin-counter-and-its-backups-backup take on it.

Honestly, as long as the pay is actually worth the effort and can help pay the bills for all the extra stuff, I guess I can't really complain. Knowing Rockstar and Take-All-Your-Money, though, we're about seven circles of hell away from that being the case, not to mention all the "fun" of being an outcast of society if you *need* four players, 'cause I can tell you from experience - that's a completely different kind of "blast".

Also I like how they realised their average audience isn't intelligent enough to think "wait, Gunrunning - the last update with major agencies and such - had that UFO resupply mission involving stealing an egg, and now we're getting a jetpack - the same three items on that age-old Chiliad mural. IS THE MYSTERY COMING TO A MORE LOOSE-ENDS-TYING-UP END THAN FNAF6?" and basically spoiled that fun in the description.

There's very little reason to come back to the game where I stand.

Even if it is new heists, more toys and an air fortress, I'm not sure if I want to play anymore. There's just a tiny tiny feeling of me coming back to it.

That, and whatever SPD sneaks for this update are going to be done by next year. And who knows.. if they dripfeed the heists, that's not surprising.

Thanks for the reply :) just now I have even more questions... What are VIP missions? How do you get them? Why an office?
Basically, in the same menu as the Daily Objectives and all of that, there's a section with the name of "SecuroServ", and if you have 1 million in your bank, you can register as a VIP, which gives you access to the VIP missions, some of which can be done by yourself, notably Headhunter and Sightseer
But the 1-million-in-the-bank can be negated if you buy an office, the cheapsest version of which costs 1 million itself unless you're lucky to buy one on a sale, which also renames the VIP missions to CEO missions but there is zero difference aside from that.

A lot has changed now since PS3. VIP activities are one of the additions that came in 2015 with Executives and Other Criminals, where through the interaction(select) menu you can become a VIP executive. As a VIP, you can from there launch all sorts of activities via the interaction menu. These activities range from things like collecting a briefcase and delivering it, silencing multiple witnesses, collecting packages, or simply hanging round the yacht and preventing other players from boarding the upper deck. These activities range in time investment from about 90 seconds all the way up to 10 minutes, and pay between 15k and 30k per person(that's where if you find me with other players we can make you a lot more money.) Staggering the activities properly increases efficiency, as does being mindful enough to take advantage of them when doing other activities. For example, anytime I find myself near LSIA about to head north, I start Hostile Takeover(one of the VIP activities) and it makes me 15k literally on the way to my next destination, costing me nearly zero time. Those types of things you'll gather a bit more on after you get a feel for the flow of everything. There are literally hundreds of new things to do, compared to PS3. It's crazy, and can be overwhelming; which is why I suggest finding some folks that have it all down and just hang out a bit.

The office is simply a base that you must purchase as requirement to become a CEO. Once you are a CEO, the office serves a base where you can purchase a vehicle warehouse, bunker, etc from. From the office you also launch the vehicle source missions(again, most profitable method currently) for your warehouse. It also doubles a pretty solid hangout, is able to be upgraded with three twenty-car garages, and your assistant can spawn a number of Pegasus vehicles, along with any of your personal vehicles.

I know it sounds complicated because there is a lot of 'new' stuff out there. It's actually pretty simple once you distill it down to the essentials, which is again why I strongly encourage you to find some folks already established on PS4 and tag along.

You don't need $1m to VIP. You need $50k. All of which is irrelevant if you simply do that thing I keep repeating. Find folks. Easier; just find me.

64EB72EC-6A31-4F12-BE94-B18974D0FD18.jpeg

This looks remarkably like an Avro Vulcan bomber and I have never been so happy. Screw the jet pack, I’m gonna rain devastation with this puppy.

There's very little reason to come back to the game where I stand.

Even if it is new heists, more toys and an air fortress, I'm not sure if I want to play anymore. There's just a tiny tiny feeling of me coming back to it.

That, and whatever SPD sneaks for this update are going to be done by next year. And who knows.. if they dripfeed the heists, that's not surprising.

It's just more of the same bull**** from the last DLCs. Invest a stupid amount of money to start an organization with properties you shouldn't need to buy, do cookie cutter missions (In public sessions!) over and over that offer little to no entertainment, and buy unbelievably expensive vehicles that wreak havoc on people minding their business in free mode. Oh, and the best part is that you won't even be able to get all of this stuff in the first two weeks through grinding. Nope, wait three whole months after the DLC's release day for all of the content to finally be released one at a time.

That(which accesses the most efficient earning method), and get rid of the time limit on VIP work, and access to half of the garage storage space the game offers, and to pay $1k to recover impounded cars instead of paying $20k or having to haul across the map before calling anything else in, etc.

To each their own, of course.

Sigh... this game has entered a state where I get progressively less interested in reinstalling the game with each update. I don't have the time or the motivation to catch up at this point, and every time they try and up the ante I just look wistfully at games like Saints Row and Just Cause that can offer pretty much the same sort of experience but don't have a paywall after the initial retail price nor do they try and take themselves seriously. Can we go back to updates about being simple gangsters instead of Batmen with guns?

Latest Posts

Back