GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
Dataminers already got into the update. I won’t spoil anything, but there are a lot of new cars in the files and I think many people here are gonna like what they see.

I'm going to spoil it a little.

Please please please let *that* rally car have *that* Redwood livery and not be dripfed to hell and back. I can see through fingers with regards to the flying MOC and sneak-up-blow-up attack helicopter if that's the case.

Also a surprising amount of returning non-militarised vehicles going on. Sort of makes the whole this-is-the-last-hurrah-for-Online theory more plausible.

Edit: I swear to any heavenly instance if R* doesn't open up at least three more Office Garages I'm gonna be real mad.

Last edited:
Question: How do you stop people in said militarised vehicles, Oppressors, Akula stealth choppers etc. from being a bit more than a nuisance in free mode?

Answer: You give everyone access to a 🤬 nuke.

And we thought the addition of even more militarised vehicles was going to turn the already-CoD-would-be-proud-of-this-🤬 free mode into the worst thing imaginable. Yet R* being R* and not being able to keep their 🤬 in their pants, they just *had* to go the whole nine yards.

Part of me *really* hopes that system costs at least a billion to set up and a hundred million per shot. At least the BS would be contained, to an extend.

So yeah, what I said about "being able to look through fingers for the BS".. no. This is way the 🤬 over the threshold of what I can look through fingers with. It could be an otherwise perfect update, but this is just..

There is this one video that perfectly summarises my feelings about this. Mandatory language warning because.. well..

I'm looking through the leaks, and I see..

Weapons:
Mk2 variants of:
Revolver
SNS
Special Carbine
Bulpup Rifle
Pump Action Shotgun
Marksman Rifle

Cars:
Returning from past games: Deluxo (YES! YES!) Yosemite, Hustler and Hermes

Z190: 270Z, shame about the back end
Sentinel classic: half M3 E30 and half Mitsubishi Galant
2 more variants of the comet, weaponized classic and a newer civilian one
Autarch : hybrid of the Peugeot 908 and something, branded as an Overflod
Stromberg: The submarine, plane car.
Viseris: a De Tomaso Pantera.
A Jetpack
Streiter: A proper Mecedes GLC
SC1: another prototype Lotus Esprit
Savestra: a Lada
Riata: the lifted version of the Yosemite
Revolter: another 2 door Rolls Royce
Raiden: Tesla Model X
Neon: a Rapide I guess..
Pariah: Ferrari something?
Khanjali: New tank
Komacho: big blocky truck
GT500: Hybrid of 250 and a Maserati
Chernobog: Missile truck
Barrage: Dune truck with guns
Another Riot truck

Planes:
Volatol: Large jet, new base of operations in the sky maybe.
Avenger: 2 versions of propeller VTOLS
Akula: new helicopter

I need a Yosemite, a Hustler and a Hermes, :bowdown: and a Viseris and a Savestra and a Sentinel 3 and maybe the off-road truck. A jet pack is mandatory. But most of all, I need more garagespace:nervous:
I hope that we are able to take the Yosemite, the Hustler and the Hermes to Benny’s.

I think the Avenger is the new aerial MOC. There's a description for it too, that says some vehicles can't be customed at LS or even Benny's, and to retro-fit them at the MOC.

EDIT*
I read between May and now, Rockstar has managed to move 5 million copies. I'm curious, if this DLC is as big addition to the game as it appears, will it help move any significantly more?

Last edited:
"Speaking of ridiculous stuff, the update also adds the ultimate griefing weapon to your arsenal: the Orbital Cannon. Situated within the one of the rooms in your base you’ll find a large circular table displaying a real-time satellite feed of Los Santos. Once booted up, you’re given three options; at no cost, you can snoop around the map, spying on other players. Or you can target them, manually or automatically, with the absurdly wonderful orbital cannon.

Targeting manually is a bit more tricky as the reticle moves relatively slowly, while Automatic Targeting allows you to select a player from a list for an assured kill. As you’d expect from an ‘orbital cannon’, the effects are devastating; a beam which resembles a bolt of lightning plummets from the sky, devastating everything and anyone nearby. If you’re targeted, your kill screen simply reads Obliterated. Understandably, the orbital cannon comes with a hefty cool-down (an in-game day, or 48 real-time minutes) and cost (half a million for manual, $750k for automatic targeting)."

Most of the cool cars shown look like they'll be released later on. Not bummed; still a lot of cars I want to get first.

The one thing that is pissing people off on GTAForums/Reddit is you have to play the First Act of this Heist in a lobby. :scared:

Savestra: a Lada
Lada? That's an RX-3, :irked: any Lada coupe you'd find here would be a shoddy custom
Shame too, was almost hyped up that I could drive around in a 2105 for :censored:s and giggles :lol:

Revolter: another 2 door Rolls Royce
Peculiarly, it seems to have a completely new badge as opposed to Enus or Ubermacht And has the front end like that of a new Skoda

Neon: a Rapide I guess..
Pariah: Ferrari something?
Don't know, the Pariah seems more like a Zagato Aston, and the Neon's a pure Mission E

Autarch : hybrid of the Peugeot 908 and something, branded as an Overflod
I'd argue SCG 003, as much as i'd want a Pug instead.

Also, dang, that Hustler looks tight

Last edited:
I'll admit, that DeLorean is very, very, VERY tempting. If I can find a group of PC players to help me grind up to afford it, I might just reinstall.

On the other hand, I'm really not sure how to feel about the orbital cannon. On the one hand, $750k for automatic targeting and a 48 minute cooldown is the least practical way of killing someone we've ever seen in GTA, but on the other hand it's also the most reliable. And you know all those kids with modded money that didn't snitch to R* and couldn't possibly spend all of their billions on new content alone? Well, they won't have to worry about the hefty orbital cannon price at all...

The one thing I like about these story-driven updates is that they’re the only time the Online Protagonist ever shows any real character/emotion, if even for a single, brief cutscene. It’s an insignificant detail, I know, but I’ve always liked it.

Keep in mind, you’re not doing the actual heist during public lobbies. You’re just gathering equipment for the heist, kinda like story mode.

Act 1 rewards $650,000 for completion, which isn’t a bad start.

Last edited:
Oh cool, the Hermes is a free Christmas gift according to GTAForums
0x2A414C17 = Happy holidays from Rockstar, have these gifts on us:~n~1 x Heinous Krampus Mask~n~One Free Purchase of the Albany Hermes~n~1 x Shot on the Orbital Cannon~n~Carbine + 200 x rounds~n~Marksman Rifle + 200 x rounds~n~Basic Knuckle Dusters~n~Firework Launcher + 10 x Firework rockets~n~25 x Sticky Bombs~n~25 x Grenades~n~5 x Proximity Mines~n~5 x Molotovs~n~Full Snacks

• 1x Heinous Krampus Mask
  • 1x Free purchase of the Albany Hermes
  • 1x Shot on the Orbital Cannon
  • Carbine + 200 x rounds
  • Marksman Rifle + 200 x rounds
  • Basic Knuckle Dusters
  • Firework Launcher
  • 10 x Firework rockets
  • 25 x Sticky bombs
  • 25 x Grenades
  • 5 x Proximity mines
  • 5 x Molotovs
  • Full snacks

That's Avenger is amazing. You can out it into auto pilot (hover) and use the turrets and my god, the range they have! I was just picking off bounties from the sky. It has pretty good armour too.

The new underground bunker is huge but lots of the rooms are locked. The death ray allows you to view the map but due to the cost of firing it I won't be using it, kind of a waste of 900k.

That Avenger tho!
That Scuba gear tho!

Last edited:
Saved outfits have been increased to 20. If you have an outfit on with the glitches duffle bag you won't be able to change to another saved outfit and you won't be able to buy clothes or masks.

Shame that.

Back