GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by dhandeh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DurWinning

DurWinning

Look up a youtuber named The Professional. He’s a money grinder, not exploiter. He has videos on MC, I/E, Crates, etc. He also has methods exactly for solo players.

Nick Skyline, Michelin and SVX like this.
  2. SomePlayaDude

SomePlayaDude

TIL that aircraft flies faster over 1000 feet.

Actually I should've figured that out when I found the Seabreeze glitch (that it goes super fast above 1000 feet sometimes). It explains the BRRT-11 Strikeforce being super slow at low altitudes but reach Pyro speeds otherwise.

I'm going to test this myself tomorrow..

Dan likes this.
  3. Dan

Dan Premium

Does anyone know if helicopters fly faster above 1000 feet? Also, how can I tell what my altitude is because the in-game altimeter doesn’t display numbers.

4. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

Most aircraft should have an altimeter dial in the cockpit view. Every time it turns over is 1000ft.

[​IMG]

TexRex and Dan like this.
  5. STI9

STI9

Dan likes this.
  6. SomePlayaDude

SomePlayaDude

So uhh, that free Nightshark and Revolter not legit? Or is SPD gonna have to choke Le Chien.

7. STI9

STI9

Aww yeah I forgot about those.

8. jstickboy13

jstickboy13

Do vehicles go on discount before their updates dripfeed is done? Can't remember offhand from previous updates & deciding whether to wait getting a few of the new AH vehicles now. Not sure if I'll want to wait out the entire dripfeed or not.

9. McLaren

McLaren Premium

I think the Entity XXR might have gone on sale right as the drip feed it was on was ending? Might have also been when the last car we were waiting for was the Jester Classic, too, so that drip feed could’ve technically ended.

jstickboy13 likes this.
  10. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

Yes.

jstickboy13 likes this.
  11. m8h3r

m8h3r Premium

So does anyone know if having Tale of us makes any difference at all or did I just spent 100k on sweet f all.

12. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

I believe booking DJs automatically fills up the club popularity. Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure if it does anything.

13. leeislee

leeislee

I'm sure this is common knowledge to many of you but I just figured something out that me be of use to some of you...

I never flown the blimp in story mode so when I bought it today I found the controls a little odd. It seems to gain altitude really quick. So after some testing I found that you use the R2 button(accelerator) like an altitude pedal and L2(break) to lose altitude.

You actually fly it with the left analogue stick and just use R2/L2 for a bit of altitude adjustment. (R1/L1 are the rudders, they work as normal)

So....there you go.

Also, it's great fun to cruise around and even float in the air for a bit of relaxing time

Dan likes this.
  14. rallymorten

rallymorten

Wait, hang on, if rebooking different DJs automatically get your club up to max. popularity..

..I feel like there's a point to be made about leaving your Nightclub (+ technicians) to do whatever they're doing for the longest time and only return once the warehouse is full and the popularity in the red, book a different DJ, collect the cash from your safe and sell everything in the warehouse.

But that's too business-talk-y. Onwards with Project Get-Wasted-On-Macbeth-Shots-And-Hopefully-End-Up-At-The-Epsilon-Building-And-Not-At-The-Top-Of-Mount-Chiliad.

As for the whole update-vehicles-are-discounted thing, it took all of about six weeks from release for the Taipan and Caracara to get discounted. Granted, that *is* the Taipan and Caracara we're talking about, but if they are going on sale, I'd expect it no earlier than that.

15. Dan

Dan Premium

How much are blimps and are there any restrictions for using them online?

16. leeislee

leeislee

$895,000. No restrictions other than it being a Pegasus vehicle.

--------

On a separate note, I've just rebooked Solomun and my popularity did go up but only by one bar.

Dan likes this.
  17. Flash_Sweden

Flash_Sweden

Finally!! CAB66E4C-EE80-4F8D-8E78-F5DC18F04F2C.jpeg
    and it only took 47 shots. But since I was at it, I kept on going to get the award.
    After ~80 shots of that whiskey in a day, I don’t think that my character will get truly sober until some time next week or so :lol: I hope it’ll wear off faster when I dance to get that award as well :lol:

18. Dan

Dan Premium

Hmm. That’s a little out of my affordable range, but it’s nowhere near as bad as I expected it would be. How durable are they? I can imagine they’re a target for the typical tryhards.

19. p78

p78

That is one Bogdan (or 20' of playtime). Seems ok to me.

20. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Just...wow.

21. leeislee

leeislee

Well surprisingly, I wasn't shot at or attatcked once in about 30 minutes of flying it. But of course that won't last.

If I had to guess 1 or 2 explosive sniper shots and it'll be all over. It's definitely a passive mode cruiser.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Dan likes this.
  22. rallymorten

rallymorten

..I don't know if the shirt's what did it, but I'm fairly confident I've made contact with the ghost of Johnny Onthespot.

(it's actually properly fixed this time.)

Not sure if he's gotten better at the whole "bring it to you" thing or if he's gotten tired of our collective :censored: and is now trying to murder us all.

Given that this is Johnny Onthespot we're talking about, I'm guessing it's the latter.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Nuschel01, m8h3r, Katiegan and 3 others like this.
  23. Dan

Dan Premium

I warned him multiple times to never change my radio stations, but he never listened! :lol:

rallymorten and TexRex like this.
  24. Katiegan

Katiegan Premium

I think this just means you have a sentient 9F.

rallymorten likes this.
  25. rallymorten

rallymorten

..I mean, if that means it'll be delivered right to me every time I order it, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Then again, the thought of Avon Hertz having developed a sentient car based on data from Johnny Onthespot is most terrifying.

Dan likes this.
  26. Jarnokee963

Jarnokee963

How is that new club update? Is it worth starting GTA again after a few months?

27. DurWinning

DurWinning

It’s more of a supplement for other businesses, rather than a full blown business. If you have other businesses, go for it. If not, I wouldn’t bother.

28. m8h3r

m8h3r Premium

But did you have to pay 100k or have to chase a Enus up to Blaine county only to drive back to LSIA and do a half mile drive to your nightclub with them?

29. Flash_Sweden

Flash_Sweden

Start GTA and find out for yourself. Not meant to be rude, but it’s the only way you’ll really find out

30. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

Well after countless weeks of selling stock with my friends, I've finally gotten bored of this game. I logged on yesterday only to find that I had a massive Gamer's Block. In other words, I literally had no idea what to do to keep myself entertained. I guess I'll take a one-week vacation or something. It wouldn't hurt.