GTA: SA - Have you reserved your copy?

• Thread starter Acid X
  • 268 comments
pimpin_t
My local GAME store will have more than enough to go round. They are also doing a promotion at the moment where if you trade in any five games, you can have a new game for free. I got five ****ty games that are going to be exchanged.
EB Games in my town had that but with 3 games. So I reserved it and paid in full without handing over a cent. Just 3 games that were getting dusty anyways.

I dont remember if i posted here or not, but i just finished paying off my copy yesterday. Gamestop, just to let you know, lets the people that have payed the game off completely come to the front of the line, so they can just grab their copy and leave.

That means that when i go down there at midnight on the 26th, i dont have to wait! :D

Acid X
I dont remember if i posted here or not, but i just finished paying off my copy yesterday. Gamestop, just to let you know, lets the people that have payed the game off completely come to the front of the line, so they can just grab their copy and leave.

That means that when i go down there at midnight on the 26th, i dont have to wait! :D

The EB I go to does the same thing. I dunno if all EB stores do that. I imagine they prolly do.

@Deli Yeah, Australian money is worth a fair bit less that US money.

@Jimmy Speak for yourself :lol:

Deli Dingo
Also, I heard you say somewhere that SA costs $99 where you're at. Call me dumb, but is Australia money different than US money? Because I think (and hope) that it costs around $50 here.

The Aus Dollar (AUD) and US Dollar (USD) have nothing in common except for the fact that they are called Dollars...

At the moment the exchange rate between AUD & USD is : 0.731502
(so 50 USD = 68.35AUD)

Other exchange rates are :

USD -> GBP = 1.7972 (Great British Pounds)
(so 50 USD = 27.82GBP)

USD -> EUR = 1.2393 (Euro)
(So 50 USD = 40.35EUR)

AUD -> GBP = 2.45686
(So 50 AUD = 20.35GBP)

C.

(Info from http://www.x-rates.com/index.html)

Good stuff yeti. The Canadian dollar and Australian dollar are fairly similar though, I believe.
Viper_Maniac
The EB I go to does the same thing. I dunno if all EB stores do that. I imagine they prolly do.
I don't believe they do. I always thought that was Gamestop's trademark thing for big games (they did it with Vice apparantly).
Blake
@Jimmy Speak for yourself
What, for the "me and Blake are on these forums alot" comment? :lol:

Jimmy Enslashay
Good stuff yeti. The Canadian dollar and Australian dollar are fairly similar though, I believe. I don't believe they do. I always thought that was Gamestop's trademark thing for big games (they did it with Vice apparantly). [Quoet=Blake]@Jimmy Speak for yourself
What, for the "me and Blake are on these forums alot" comment? :lol:[/QUOTE]

USD -> CAD = 0.798212
(50USD = 62.64CAD)

GBP -> CAD = 0.444141
(50CAD = 22.21 GBP)

CAD -> AUD = 0.916425
(50 CAD = 54.56 AUD)

Yes you're not very far away there Jimmy...

The AUD has had a massive upsurgence recently...

And the USD has dropped a lot...

Which means it's great if us brits go to the US for some shopping... everything is cheaper there (It's priced the same in US dollars as it is in GBP - so it means we get stuff for 60% of the UK price)

C.

Meh, I'm sorry if people hate how I post alot, but I just love this forum. Tell me if it's a problem.

Also, edited that stupid typo "[Quoet=Blake]". :lol:

Well, that's when I'm here. When I go to sleep, school, away, etc, I come back and it's alive without me.

If it really is a problem (no jokes) I'm sorry and I'll try to cut it down. But I hardly ever post anything irrelevant in my opinion, probably 1 or 2 irrelevant posts a week. Tell me if it is.

Cheers. :cheers:

Deli Dingo
Also, I heard you say somewhere that SA costs $99 where you're at.
I think that is in New Zealand dollars cause thats about how much a Ps2 game costs here, but im sneeky and cause i pre ordered SA monthes ago i got it for $80 NZD he he he.

Thanks. I intend to, lol. Although when San Andreas comes out I'll be less frequent.

11 days away for me!! (9 for the United States)

11 for me too yay!. But sorry to bring some old stuff up again but if you read the latest issue of OPS2 magazine Australia they've got the release date still as November??

Blake
I think it might be a tiny problem...:lol:

;)
:rolleyes:
matt3.jpg

R32GTST/M
11 for me too yay!. But sorry to bring some old stuff up again but if you read the latest issue of OPS2 magazine Australia they've got the release date still as November??
Magazines can be very influenced by websites. It's October 29th still.
R32GTST/M
Don't worry im gonna change that today im feeling very opinionated today.

Operation userp Jimmy lmao!
Haha, it doesn't matter, there's no point posting pointlessly, just to get them back. I don't mind anyway, they're both people I talk to often, I know they're only messing around. Don't worry about it. ;)

Ooh, I just preorded my copy at amazon.com after I realized the release date was only about 10 days away.

I don't know when the game will come, though. I don't know if Amazon ships it the 26th or if I get it in the mail the 26th.

Some stores will get it set to mail on October 25th, so it will come first thing October 26th.

But since you are ordering off a website, it could take up to 3 days.

Hahahaha, we're all wrong. Check this **** out: November 27th. I'm cancelling this on October 27th, if it hasn't shipped.

I mean, I can probably just buy it in a store on the 26th if I really want.

Attachments

• amazongtasa.gif
    amazongtasa.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 21
What do you mean all wrong, I guessed 26th or 27th, lol. You'd probably have a tough time getting the game from a store on the 26th, depending on where you live.

You meant October 27th. He's saying November 27th.

That sucks man, I would definately go buy from a store. This is why I don't order things like this from the internet, when I want them so soon.

I cancelled it and ordered it from Wal-Mart.com. It'll come by the 28th they say.

I didn't even know you could buy stuff from wal-mart online! Thank you, Yahoo! Shopping.

Latest Posts

Back