GTA: San Andreas - 4 Star Survival Guide (construction)

• Thread starter Orion_SR
  • 140 comments
Indeed, I’d love to see some videos of doing side missions etc., with the police on your tail (for the love of god, please make them downloadable).

I just finished recording the Burgershot asset, maybe that will satisfy your blood lust until I can figure out what I want to do about the snapshots. I started the mission with just enough health to take a couple of hits from a 9mm, and then included some care and feeding in the route. I'm in the edit process and trying to tie in the audio with video compression. My best cut is currently 9 minutes using a little better than 1.6 times normal speed. Triple speed will get the video into the 6 minute range, but everything goes by in a blur. If I'm doing the missions correctly, most of the time you won't see the cops. But I'm glad that you are interested in the videos. I keep trying to get started on the written guide but I'm not making much progress.

BTW, I updated a few of the map links in the early posts. Several of them are the standard maps preferred by just about everybody, but there are a few interesting specialty maps. The bot path map will certainly help me keep CJ out of trouble, and I'm also liking dark52's All Collections map for tracking.

Burgershock
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-871575087120086729

The Burgershot Asset in Las Venturas is completed while the area is still restricted by a 4 Star Wanted Level. CJ starts the mission with very low health but finds enough snacks and armor to finish at full strength. This video is part of the 4 Star Survival Guide for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas at GTPlanet.net. Video was recorded from the PC version, but the methods were also tested on PS2.

Burgershock - Universal cut
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
(4 Star Survival Video #5)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8562988576542819715

This video includes the same footage as Burgershock but uses less time compression.

Soundtrack: Sit & Stare is an original production performed by The Zen of Inequity and written by Chris Stift. Zen also plays Universal Geographic by Bruce/Wayne on this extended version.

Indeed, I’d love to see some videos of doing side missions etc., with the police on your tail (for the love of god, please make them downloadable).
All Google Videos are downloadable by default (I think). You just need to download and install the Google Video Player software to play them.

KM.

Yes, I know. I meant in a real format. ;)

Anyway, I watched the Burgershock video, and I was pretty impressed. Nice work, Orion_SR. 👍

Hippy Shocker
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
(4 Star Survival Video #6)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4397710143148893060

The Hippy Shopper courier asset in San Fierro is completed while the area is still restricted by a 4 Star Wanted Level. CJ starts the ... all » mission with very low health but finds enough snacks and armor to finish at full strength. This video is part of the 4 Star Survival Guide for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas at GTPlanet.net. Video was recorded from the PC version, but the methods were also tested on PS2.

Soundtrack: Original compositions by Shattered Machine from Victory - At Any Cost

Ciao Orion.
Io mi sono assentato parecchio nel forum per dei miei motivi.
Comunque adesso sono tornato, e vorrei subito chiederti una cosa al riguardo del video Hippy Shocker.
Volevo sapere come era possibile sbloccare la motocicletta utilizzata nel video.
Grazie in anticipo.

Hello Orion.
I have absented much in the forum for of my reasons.
However now they are returned, and I would want endured to ask one to you what with regard to for the video Hippy Shocker.
I wanted to know as it was possible to unblock the motorcycle used in the video.
Thanks in advance payment.

How about doing the Taxi missions in restricted areas for kicks? :sly:

Nice job, though. I’m enjoying these videos. 👍 Though, I do have one question. With the police bribes, are you just collecting those to get your stars earned stat up, or do they actually do something useful like slow the cops down for a second?

Comunque adesso sono tornato, e vorrei subito chiederti una cosa al riguardo del video Hippy Shocker.
Volevo sapere come era possibile sbloccare la motocicletta utilizzata nel video.

However now they are returned, and I would want endured to ask one to you what with regard to for the video Hippy Shocker.
I wanted to know as it was possible to unblock the motorcycle used in the video.

Welcome back, Stefano.

The Freeway motorcycle used in the courier asset mission named "Hippy Shopper" does not need to be unlocked. It should always spawn. Drive 2 or 3 blocks away and return; a Freeway should spawn in the location shown in the video. Or, drive a Freeway to the Hippy Shopper mission and park it in the same location. Exit and enter the bike to start the mission.

Benvenuto indietro, Stefano.

Il motociclo dell'autostrada senza pedaggio utilizzato nel cliente “Hippy„ del bene del corriere chiamato missione non deve essere sbloccato. Dovrebbe deporre le uova sempre. Guidare 2 o 3 blocchi via e rinviare; un'autostrada senza pedaggio dovrebbe deporre le uova nella posizione indicata nel video. O, guidare un'autostrada senza pedaggio alla missione Hippy del cliente e parcheggiarla nella stessa posizione. Rimuovere ed entrare nella bici per iniziare la missione.

How about doing the Taxi missions in restricted areas for kicks? :sly:

Nice job, though. I’m enjoying these videos. 👍 Though, I do have one question. With the police bribes, are you just collecting those to get your stars earned stat up, or do they actually do something useful like slow the cops down for a second?
Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I wonder if they'll be popular in Japan early next year. I've tried triggering various R3 missions in restricted areas in several GTA games without success, but I'm not sure that I've tested the Taxi mission - sure would be fun to try. Usually the missions refuse to spawn targets until the character is in an open part of the map.

Collecting bribes seem to be causing some general confusion about my strategies. 3 stars or 4, the bots in view still chase CJ just as hard. Basically, I'm running many of the escape routes I've learned and these often include bribes. Even when I'm messing around and driving across the map I still hit up key locations like bribes, armor, and snacks. Sometimes it seems like I'm going out of my way for no reason, but the bribe north of the garage set me up for a safe line to the lower corona. And the bribe with a flat allowed me a running start at the hill - there's frequently a roadblock there that the bribe route avoids.

Also, I use a map to script my routes and try to include as much as possible to keep the video interesting. I need to weave around town to reduce roadblocks and pursuit. Usually I take random paths but when recording I plan and practice everything ahead of time.

I never thought about the stats until recently when I started documenting the process. I learned something new the other day, but can't quite figure out the numbers. The different health boosters provide different amounts of health. Anyway, if someone has better information please let me know.

Fast Food Meals: untested
Vendor Booths ~ 58
Vending Machine ~ 32
Hooker Health = 25 (I think I read that somewhere)
Ambulance ~ 18

Va bene, grazie Orion.
Comunque avevo da chiedere due cose che non riguardano l'argomento, ma questo luogo, è l'unico in cui posso contattarti.
Quindi ti chiedo se hai GTA San Andreas per il PC o per la Playstation 2 ?
Poi mi serviva qualcuno che mi spiegasse come inviare video in "video.google.it/com.
Come si fa ?
Ringraziamenti anticipati come sempre, e ciao da Stefano.
P.S. - Comunque oggi Tom Cruise si sposa nella mia città !
Io sono contentissimo ! :) :) :) :) !

It goes well, Orion thanks.
However I had to ask two things that do not regard the argument, but this place, it is the only one in which I can contact to you.
Therefore I ask to you if you have GTA San Andreas for the PC or Playstation 2 ?
Then someone served me that explained like sending video to me in “video.google.it/com.
How it is made ?
Thankses anticipate to you like always, and good bye from Stefano.
P.S. - However today Tom Cruise spouse in my city !
I am most content ! :) :) :) :) !

Quindi ti chiedo se hai GTA San Andreas per il PC o per la Playstation 2 ?
Poi mi serviva qualcuno che mi spiegasse come inviare video in "video.google.it/com.
Come si fa ?

Therefore I ask to you if you have GTA San Andreas for the PC or Playstation 2 ?
Then someone served me that explained like sending video to me in “video.google.it/com.
How it is made ?
I have GTA San Andreas for PC and Playstation 2. I learned to play San Andreas on PS2. I also tested many of the methods shown in the videos on Playstation 2. The strategies used in the videos are almost the same for PC and PS2. The difference in draw distance changes the spawn rate of police cars and parked vehicles.

I did not understand the sentence marked in red.

I used a digital camcorder to record videos for Liberty City Stories from Playstation 2, then use Firewire to capture the video on PC. I use Fraps (fraps.com) to record videos for San Andreas from PC. Recording on PC is much easier. Reliable spawn locations for vehicles help me script the routes.

The AVI source files are edited with Premiere Pro 2.0. Premiere renders a high quality Digital Video AVI master video. Windows Movie Maker is used to compress the master video to a much smaller WMV file. The WMV from Windows Movie Maker is uploaded to Google Video for processing.

Ho GTA San Andreas per il pc e Playstation 2. Ho imparato giocare il San Andreas su PS2. Inoltre ho esaminato molti dei metodi indicati nei videos su Playstation 2. Le strategie usate nei videos sono quasi le stesse per il pc e PS2. La differenza nella distanza di tiraggio cambia il tasso delle uova degli automobili della polizia e dei veicoli parcheggiati.

Non ho capito la frase contrassegnata nel colore rosso.

Ho utilizzato un camcorder digitale per registrare i videos per le storia della città di libertà da Playstation 2, allora utilizzo il Firewire per bloccare il video sul pc. Uso Fraps (fraps.com) per registrare i videos per il San Andreas dal pc. La registrazione sul pc è molto più facile. Le posizioni certe delle uova per i veicoli lo aiutano scritto gli itinerari.

Gli archivi sorgente di AVI sono pubblicati con il prima pro 2.0. Il prima rende un video matrice del video AVI di Digital di alta qualità. Il creatore di film di Windows è usato per comprimere il video matrice ad una lima molto più piccola di WMV. Il WMV dal creatore di film di Windows uploaded al video di Google per procedere.

In the phrase marked in red, I wanted to know if it were possible that you explained to me like sending video on “video.google.com”, and therefore to show them to a public.
Thankses anticipate to you, from Stefano.
If soon I will have to acquire GTA San Andreas for PC, I and you will be able to play On-Line and to amuse us with, but I do not know if to you he appeals to to play On-Line.
I had to make my excuses to Orion_SR.
From the first moment, the motorcycle used in the video Hippy Shocker, me has seemed special.
I, regarding the video, have noticed that he is equal to that normal. I would want to know like active the mission introduced in the video Burgershock Universal Cut.
Thankses anticipate to you from Stefano.

Try looking on video.google.it for instructions for uploading a video so it is available to the public. There should be a link to upload videos at the top of the page.

I have never played San Andreas on-line. I don't think I'll be starting now. I need to move on to some new games.

There is nothing special about the Faggio motorcycle used in the Burgershock video. It is the same scooter that is always available for the Burgershot side-mission. The Burgershot Faggio is stubborn about spawning in the PS2 version. I had to drive around the block several times and switch cars to finally get it to spawn.

La prova che osserva su video.google.it per le istruzioni per uploading un video in modo da è a disposizione di il pubblico. Ci dovrebbe essere un collegamento per upload i videos alla parte superiore della pagina.

Non ho giocato mai il San Andreas in linea. Non penso che ora cominci. Devo passare verso alcuni nuovi giochi.

Ci è niente di speciale circa il motociclo di Faggio utilizzato nel video di Burgershock. È lo stesso scooter che è sempre disponibile per la lato-missione di Burgershot. Il Burgershot Faggio è testardo circa la deposizione delle uova nella versione PS2. Ho dovuto guidare intorno al blocco parecchi automobili dell'interruttore e di periodi infine convincerlo per deporre le uova.

I have a question to make that San Andreas regards the truck “Dune” in the video “Sandking of San Andreas”. In my video game I have not never seen that truck. I wanted to know if it were possible to unblock it. Thankses anticipate to you from Stefano.

Now I speak about the argument that regards the recording of the video. My brother speaks me about a program that it records in contemporary time, what ago a player while it uses a video game. But it says to me that this type of program is only for the video games for the PC. I would want to know more on this fact, and if it is possible to use this program also with video games for PlayStation 2.

I have a question to make that San Andreas regards the truck “Dune” in the video “Sandking of San Andreas”. In my video game I have not never seen that truck. I wanted to know if it were possible to unblock it. Thankses anticipate to you from Stefano.
There are two missions at the stadium in Las Venturas; Dirt Track and Kickstart. Dirt Track is a motorcycle race available on Monday and Wednesday. Winning 1st place will unlock a BF Injection. Kickstart is an obstacle course. Score 26 or more to unlock the Dune. This information should be available in guides or FAQs for San Andreas.

Now I speak about the argument that regards the recording of the video. My brother speaks me about a program that it records in contemporary time, what ago a player while it uses a video game. But it says to me that this type of program is only for the video games for the PC. I would want to know more on this fact, and if it is possible to use this program also with video games for PlayStation 2.
A program that records video games on PC will problably not work for recording Playstation 2. I use a digital video cassette recorder (camcorder) to tape video when playing on Playstation 2. Firewire (IEEE 1394) is used to transfer the taped recording to PC for editing. The complete process is complicated and difficult to explain in English. I doubt I can explain it properly so that it can be translated to Italian.

Thanks for the information of the truck and the program of recording. If you have difficulty translate the explanation, me of it I with my translator occupy. But I do not believe that the explanation serves me. I do not have GTA San Andreas for the PC (at the moment), but I buy it soon. In order to record video on PlayStation 2, I have also one video camera in order to record. I must acquire a pedestal for it and also I begin to record video and to send them on Internet. As soon as he is available the first video I perceive to you.

This is the only place of the Forum on which I can contact to you. I want to ask one to you what on GTA Liberty City Stories. I want to know if you are working on it. I do not see video of GTA Liberty City Stories from much time new. Thankses anticipate you for the answer, from Stefano.

I will see new messages in the GTA: Liberty City Stories thread. I usually don't browse the forums.

These are the connections I used while recording video from PS2.

Playstation 2 -> S-Video In on a JVC HR-S5912U Video Cassette Recorder (VCR)
VCR S-Video Out -> S-Video In on a Canon ZR079 MC Digital Camcorder
VCR Audio Out -> Audio/Aux on Camcorder
VCR TV Out -> TV In on Television set
*Record game video on DV Tape
Disconnect Camcorder from VCR
Camcorder Firewire <-> Firewire on PC
Capture Video with Windows Movie Maker

I have noticed that lately you, the forum of GTA Liberty City Stories not the visits more. We must return in the forum all and two and open one new argument on the video game.

However you are working on other guides of survival for GTA San Andreas video game ?

I still read everything posted in the Liberty City Stories thread, but I do not always have anything to add to the discussion. I am not playing LCS anymore. I had stopped playing San Andreas until I started this guide. Now I need to finish it so I can start killing Zombies. If you make a new topic, please post a link or I probably won't find it.

The video game is named "Dead Rising" for Xbox 360. I need to level up my character before my son returns on Friday or he will be very disappointed. I am currently behind about 40 levels.

I have understood. I soon time acquire GTA San Andreas for the PC. I play On-Line. If also you beginnings to play On-Line I and you so much amuse yourself to visit the San Andreas city together. I had to make a question you. You have a son ?

I ask excuse to moderators for to have written two messages of row, but to me it was necessary to write this message now. I wanted to know from Orion_SR, if I could create a topic where it was possible to speak about GTA San Andreas in general terms. Thankses anticipate you for the answer, from Stefano.

Excused moderators, but is a urgency!! Orion, someone is tricking to you on video.google.com!! It is gone to see! Vai to see!! Excuse but I have qualcheprob some problem with the translator.

Back