Eric Demory

Formerly known as “Crooooooow”
Premium
United States
Dallas, TX
http://www.gtav.net/

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=239

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/020/020594.html

It is an exciting wonder if this will be like any other GTA. This may be a hoax, but most chances it's the truth. Rockstar Games are still publishing the game (of course), but just like GT5, there is still lots to be done, as well as no release date yet to come.

There could be possibly anything in the game. More extras to previous content added in. A whole new world.
The big thing is, where will GTA 5, GTA V GTA _________, take place? Either in a previous GTA city, or a fresh setting?

More information later on.

Rumors are that it will be in london.. as for that, maybe getaway 3 should step down this year, and think something different.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a PS3 exclusive. As Rockstar has expressed their dislike of the Xbox 360 during their development of GTA IV, stating, simply, that there wasn't enough room on the system's Hard drive or disc to do what they really wanted. Plus Rockstar has also mentioned that they're always looking to make subsequent GTA and Midnight Club games bigger than their predecessors. So, it's very likely that GTA 5 and MC5 will be PS3 exclusives

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a PS3 exclusive. As Rockstar has expressed their dislike of the Xbox 360 during their development of GTA IV, stating, simply, that there wasn't enough room on the system's Hard drive or disc to do what they really wanted. Plus Rockstar has also mentioned that they're always looking to make subsequent GTA and Midnight Club games bigger than their predecessors. So, it's very likely that GTA 5 and MC5 will be PS3 exclusives
I am not sure that that would go down well with Microsoft and the larger amount of players that the 360 has. They would get less money then they would with both consoles but maybe a certain percentage of people would swap to PS3 because of it.

Highly doubt it, there is way too much money to be made between both consoles, as GTA has established fans from both the PS3 and 360 sides. Losing out on millions of sales for a system that they have developed tons of games for in the past (whether they like to develop on it or not) is not exactly a wise business decision.

Plus they can do what other game makers have already done with the 360 and make you install a ton of data from a second disc. Not the best option but it is an option.

And you also can't forget about the PC which allows an infinite more amount of expansion than any console.

But you have to take into account that Red Dead Redemption, the latest Rockstar game from the makers of GTA, is a PS3 Exclusive. I think that's a big hint as to what they want to do for GTA V. Remember, also, that the GTA series was originally a Playstation Exclusive and didn't become a multi-platform series until AFTER Vice City was released for PS2. And Rockstar's support for Xbox has been half-hearted. I mean, when the glitches popped up in GTAIV on both systems early on, they completely ignored them on the Xbox and immediately fixed them on the PS3.

Same thing with the MC series. I mean, only 4 of the 8 GTA games have appeared on the Xbox, and only 2 of the 4 MC games. And with Red Dead Redemption debuting as a PS3 Exclusive, it could mark Rockstar's return to their roots.

I mean, you can say it's unlikely, but, if you step back and look at it, I'd say it'd be surprising if they DID support the 360.

Red Dead Redemption is on the 360 as well. It doesn't make a whole lot on sense to do an exclusive game if you are a 3rd party developer.

There also will be no more Midnight Club games.

Red Dead Redemption is on the 360 as well. It doesn't make a whole lot on sense to do an exclusive game if you are a 3rd party developer.

There also will be no more Midnight Club games.
What he said ^^

Won't happen. Rockstar Games may not like developing for it, but they saw just how high their sales were once Xbox gamers were able to jump on GTA on release day. And according to old sources, the X360 sales made up 55% of the games' overall sales in its first 5 days.

I'm pretty sure they also didn't mind watching MS pay for first dibs on DLC & would probably love to see it happen again.

*shrug* I think it makes perfect sense. I mean, if you don't like what the other companies are doing, and like what one company is doing, then why not go with that. I mean, there are several third party companies that have developed for one system. Look at Bizarre Creations or Bungie when they developed Halo OST and Reach. Square-Enix, Edios, the Tekkan franchise up until Tekkan 6.

And with the the system power so far apart, eventually, we'll be seeing the return of third-party exclusives unless MS at least releases a Blu-ray Xbox. This is especially true, considering it would appear Sony's working on implementing a 1-12TB HVD (Holographic Versatility Disc) for the PS4, which means the PS4 will probably be 1000+ times more powerful than the PS3. It's hard to compete with the one of the leaders in technology.

*shrug* I think it makes perfect sense. I mean, if you don't like what the other companies are doing, and like what one company is doing, then why not go with that. I mean, there are several third party companies that have developed for one system. Look at Bizarre Creations or Bungie when they developed Halo OST and Reach. Square-Enix, Edios, the Tekkan franchise up until Tekkan 6.
They may not like it, but as long as its do-able & they will receive a huge amount of sales from it, a developer will do it.

And Bungie can't develop Halo for any other platform because Microsoft owns all the rights to Halo.

This is especially true, considering it would appear Sony's working on implementing a 1-12TB HVD (Holographic Versatility Disc) for the PS4, which means the PS4 will probably be 1000+ times more powerful than the PS3. It's hard to compete with the one of the leaders in technology.
Where are your sources? I havent heard anything of this.

i dont think were going to hear any major news soon cause Rockstar is working on a new game exclusively for the PS3 (i forgot the name... its on gtav.net) so i expect GTA V to be released around spring or summer 2012... all i know is that this next game is going to be amazing...

Rockstar is working hard on LA Noir. However, there were hints in GTA IV of Vice City 2, which was a title seen at last year's E3. GTA V was also expected to make an appearance last year. So, I expect both games will see some time at this year's E3. Probably won't see either of them until 2012.

Rockstar is working hard on LA Noir. However, there were hints in GTA IV of Vice City 2, which was a title seen at last year's E3. GTA V was also expected to make an appearance last year. So, I expect both games will see some time at this year's E3. Probably won't see either of them until 2012.
I am not going to believe any of that till I see sources mate. What hints of Vice City 2? Since when was GTA V EXPECTED to make an appearance? What makes you say that they will appear at this years E3 and also what makes you think that we probably won't see them till 2012? I see this thread has been bumped and I think that some news may be out, not a random bump consisting of a lot of speculation...

Where have you been? Rockstar was supposed make an announcement last E3 about LA Noir and GTA V and pulled out at the last moment. However, there were imagines of the line-up that showed Grand Theft Auto Vice City 2. But, again, Rockstar wasn't there last year so there's nothing official on it. And at one point in GTA IV, Niko's cousin calls him on the phone and mentions that, if Niko gets the money, they can take a trip to Vice City.

And what makes me think that GTA V won't be seen until next year is that LA Noir is expected in Spring of 2011 and I expect GTA V to be massive as Rockstar always tries to make bigger and bigger games. And if they're also working on VC 2, then we'll probably see them either late 2011 or 2012.

Where have you been? Rockstar was supposed make an announcement last E3 about LA Noir and GTA V and pulled out at the last moment. However, there were imagines of the line-up that showed Grand Theft Auto Vice City 2. But, again, Rockstar wasn't there last year so there's nothing official on it. And at one point in GTA IV, Niko's cousin calls him on the phone and mentions that, if Niko gets the money, they can take a trip to Vice City.

And what makes me think that GTA V won't be seen until next year is that LA Noir is expected in Spring of 2011 and I expect GTA V to be massive as Rockstar always tries to make bigger and bigger games. And if they're also working on VC 2, then we'll probably see them either late 2011 or 2012.

They weren't supposed to, it was leaked that they were going to. The simple fact is that anyone wanting to be the first to leak information about a game as big is this will do anything to do so. Anybody could have made that table and photographed it mate, that doesn't make it real.

Perhaps that phone call on GTA IV is refferring to older games in their series which is hardly surprising as I am sure they like to make reference to their own creations which they are proud of. I would be glad to see GTA 5 released this year or next year but as we have absolutely no idea it is best not to even raise hopes (think GT5).

Alright Buzz McKillington. Seriously, dude, why do you always got to rag on EVERYTHING I post?

And the list was real. Every thing else on that sheet was at E3 2010. Take Two pulled out the last minute. And I believe Rockstar mentioned that they were going to make an announcement bout GTA V at last years E3 and the reason they pulled out was because the trailer for GTA V wasn't ready.

And This is a Latest News and GENERAL DISCUSSION. READ the title please. And get off my case about everything.

Alright Buzz McKillington. Seriously, dude, why do you always got to rag on EVERYTHING I post?

And the list was real. Every thing else on that sheet was at E3 2010. Take Two pulled out the last minute. And I believe Rockstar mentioned that they were going to make an announcement bout GTA V at last years E3 and the reason they pulled out was because the trailer for GTA V wasn't ready.

And This is a Latest News and GENERAL DISCUSSION. READ the title please. And get off my case about everything.

Note how Vice City 2 was put right at the end of the list for that section. That could suggest that it was retyped/edited/photoshopped into that page. Because we didn't see it what is to say that was real? Once again, all I want from you are sources. That is my main problem, the fact you can say SOO much and back it up with nothing at all. Look up the page, note how you talked about some HVD and I asked you about the source and I got nothing. You say that the reason GTA V wasn't shown was because the trailer wasn't ready, where is that said, care to show me? If they pulled out last minute because a trailer wasn't ready, why isn't the trailer out a year later?

I would believe alot of stuff you say if you had sources, otherwise you are just another person saying things you want to be true/ believed as true.

Last edited:
What if it takes place in Hong Kong or some other exotic location?

The fact that we still haven't heard or seen anything almost a year later discredits that picture in my opinion

I made this GTAV thread a while ago when the candidate cities were apparently leaked.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108045

I wonder if that info is currently true. I'm still holding out for Miami (Vice City) getting the same treatment as NY in GTA IV and also set in the modern day.

La Noire doesnt really seem to be doing it for me yet and we havent heard anything about that PS3 exclusive 'Agent'. Dark times at Rockstar?

Omnis
What if it takes place in Hong Kong or some other exotic location?

Well we can be 100% sure it wont be set in Hong Kong!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Crime:_Hong_Kong

However Rockstar would have done a far better job than what UFG has done so far, the city looks nothing like the real deal (ironic in a franchise known for its GPS accuracy). Also its been heavily 'Asianed Up' like Stranglehold when HK actually looks like a western city. Its had such a poor reception that it been delayed so they can have more time dev'ing it!

Robin.

Robin.

The fact that we still haven't heard or seen anything almost a year later discredits that picture in my opinion

Not neccessarily. Could just be that Rockstar actually knows how to keep their mouths shut. And they're busy touting Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare and LA Noire. Just look at their twitter account. Just remember that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Not neccessarily. Could just be that Rockstar actually knows how to keep their mouths shut. And they're busy touting Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare and LA Noire. Just look at their twitter account. Just remember that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Good point.

Actually I hope that pic is real, I've been waiting years for any news about Bully 2.

RDR is technically in Arizona and northern Mexico a little bit after the Alamo I believe. Assuming the river is the Rio Grande. Which it most likely is considering it's width.

I think a Mexico GTA would feel a bit like VC and Just Cause 2. I think a European one would be fun, but it'd probably piss off the European government. So, who knows. Also, wasn't San Andreas supposed to be a San Diego clone? San Diego's literally right on the border between the US and Mexico.

If you haven't noticed from the original GTA 1, those 3 cities are actually remade into 3d, GTA3 is Liberty City from GTA 1 , GTA: Vice City from GTA 1, GTA: San Andreas once again from GTA 1. I think what they will do next (If they are actually going to do it) is London.

Back